HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K Subban Thread 4.0 - Still Unsigned Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Another brilliant PP.

Keep holding firm on that bridge contract, Marc.
Only 2 periods in, however, if things don't improve much, Therrien will ask for reinforcement from Bergevin.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:04 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I think you should change your name to Southern Comfort.
Nice troll post.

I disagree with you on occasion. I dont have the need to change your username around.

I simply disagree with you and I think that Subban has let Montreal know just how important the Canadiens are to him.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:07 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Your information is based off rumors and speculations, you realize that right?
Meehan and Bergevin have said nothing.

Also, if the Kings followed your train of thoughts, they could probably kiss their cup goodbye without Doughty. Heck, maybe even kiss their PO good bye.
Not one of us knows what is going on in their negotiations.

They had the offseason to hammer this out. Then they had half of the regular season during the lockout to hammer this out.

And here we are on Game 1 and Subban is showing he is bigger than the Canadiens.

**** him.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:07 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Kevin Weekes bringing up great points.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:08 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Kevin Weekes bringing up great points.
Weekes is great. Glad he wasn't taking Stock's garbage.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:08 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

They had the offseason to hammer this out. Then they had half of the regular season during the lockout to hammer this out.

And here we are on Game 1 and Subban is showing he is bigger than the Canadiens.

**** him.
And you're blaming Subban for that? Bergevin waited a while to start negotiations with PK. And if what we're hearing is true they're offering him 2 years $3M? You think that's fair? Terrible!

Old
01-19-2013, 09:11 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:

**** him.
You do realize you are rambling like a drunkard there?

They couldn't negotiate during the lockout.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

For everybody screaming for PK...he wouldn't get Gionta Cole and Pacioretty in game shape...plus he hasn't played a game himself since April of last year, so he'd be like them, in preseason shape.

Edit I should add Gorges...he's really hurtin out there. Cole and Pacioretty are finding their legs a bit in the 3rd.

Last edited by Monctonscout: 01-19-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old
01-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

**** him.
Dude, you are contradicting yourself.
You're saying none of us know what's going on (agreed), but then assume PK is bigger than the Habs. Is PK supposed to accept just any offer? We don't know what deals have been thrown around, so before pointing anybody, maybe wait for the numbers.

I doubt PK is asking for the moon. It doesn't add up.
However, Bergevin, being already tied to the cap, with next year dropping, and him apparently wanting to establish a salary structure including bridge contracts, it makes a heck of a lot more sense that he's the one trying to squeeze every dollar out of PK.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
For everybody screaming for PK...he wouldn't get Gionta Cole and Pacioretty in game shape...plus he hasn't played a game himself since April of last year, so he'd be like them, in preseason shape.
Boullion is second on this team in TOI. Enough said.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Nice troll post.

I disagree with you on occasion. I dont have the need to change your username around.

I simply disagree with you and I think that Subban has let Montreal know just how important the Canadiens are to him.
Nobody is disagreeing that he's important. But you're going overboard man...

Old
01-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
An explosive preseason Subban is already better than 3/4 of this supposed speedy team....

Old
01-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Dude, you are contradicting yourself.
You're saying none of us know what's going on (agreed), but then assume PK is bigger than the Habs. Is PK supposed to accept just any offer? We don't know what deals have been thrown around, so before pointing anybody, maybe wait for the numbers.

I doubt PK is asking for the moon. It doesn't add up.
However, Bergevin, being already tied to the cap, with next year dropping, and him apparently wanting to establish a salary structure including bridge contracts, it makes a heck of a lot more sense that he's the one trying to squeeze every dollar out of PK.
Hearing Bergevin talk and we can assume PK probably isn't asking for the moon. But for Bergevin going from 2 years 3 M$ per to 6 years 5.5 M$ is clearly HIS moon.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Lafleurs Guy

I'm a bit behind on my PVR here... Hot Stove is saying we're offering him 2 years at 3 mil? If that's true... that's crazy. I get the two year deal but 3 mil per? That can't be right.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:22 PM
habsfanatics

Quote:
I'm a bit behind on my PVR here... Hot Stove is saying we're offering him 2 years at 3 mil? If that's true... that's crazy. I get the two year deal but 3 mil per? That can't be right.
I have a feeling they are right, which to me is scary

Old
01-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
I have a feeling they are right, which to me is scary
Montreal is going to have to smarten up if that's the case. And starting from this position is a very bad idea...

Old
01-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Lafleurs Guy

PJ Stock sucks...

Old
01-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Kevin Weekes is also very close with Subban, so it would not shock me if it came straight for Subban himself.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:32 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

If HNIC is correct about what Subban is being offered it's quite shocking.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:36 PM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
If HNIC is correct about what Subban is being offered it's quite shocking.
Do we remember what Price's last contract numbers were?
The guy is coming off of his ELC and he's played less than 200 games in the league.
Does he really merit that much more as a 1st time RFA?
Make him feel better and throw 3.5/yr over 2 years and move on.

I love his play, style and attitude, but yer a kid coming off yer ELC, take the bridge and earn yer stripes like the multitudes before you.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
To be honest, I'm not sure on the numbers exactly, but this has been my impression from the beginning.
PK has always been a team guy. The kid just seems like he simply loves playing the game and that's all he's about. Despite the many tries of certain people to taint his image, the guy has done nothing but conduct himself well off the ice, and he does tons for the community. I've seen him about 20 times in bars downtown, not once was he drunk or with a drink in his hands (I've seen so many of them over the years, from Souray, to Hammer, Markov, Koivu, Lats, Higgins, Gorges, MaxPAc, Grabo, really, most of them, and always drunk. Heck Sergei Kostitsyn was dancing on a table at Bueno with Markov, Ovechkin and AK.)
During the lockout, kid has never said a bad thing about anybody. Just that it was part of the game and hopefully it'd get resolved asap, mainly for the fans.
On the ice, same thing. The guy is so pumped when his team wins (triple low five with Price, Jumping hip side celebration with PRice), he's the first to jump on a teammate after he scored, he backs up his teammates whenever there's scrums, never said a bad word of anybody.
And now, out of nowhere, this guy is this greedy selfish player that's asking for the world?
It just doesn't add up.

Meanwhile, we have a new rookie GM that has publicly admitted he wants to instill a salary structure in place, including bridge contracts after ELC, that's rumored to be about 2years.

It makes a lot more sense that Bergevin is the one tightening the pocket way more than he should. More so than PK being greedy at least.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Hearing Bergevin talk and we can assume PK probably isn't asking for the moon. But for Bergevin going from 2 years 3 M$ per to 6 years 5.5 M$ is clearly HIS moon.
That's fine. But you negotiate.
I think the reason there at a dead stall is because Bergy is fixed on 2years. So Meehan throws back fine, you want 2 years, then pay up.
You can't possibly ask for short term AND low cash. All the risks falls on PK. All of them. And I think it's fair to say PK's earned some security.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
To be honest, I'm not sure on the numbers exactly, but this has been my impression from the beginning.
PK has always been a team guy. The kid just seems like he simply loves playing the game and that's all he's about. Despite the many tries of certain people to taint his image, the guy has done nothing but conduct himself well off the ice, and he does tons for the community. I've seen him about 20 times in bars downtown, not once was he drunk or with a drink in his hands (I've seen so many of them over the years, from Souray, to Hammer, Markov, Koivu, Lats, Higgins, Gorges, MaxPAc, Grabo, really, most of them, and always drunk. Heck Sergei Kostitsyn was dancing on a table at Bueno with Markov, Ovechkin and AK.)
During the lockout, kid has never said a bad thing about anybody. Just that it was part of the game and hopefully it'd get resolved asap, mainly for the fans.
On the ice, same thing. The guy is so pumped when his team wins (triple low five with Price, Jumping hip side celebration with PRice), he's the first to jump on a teammate after he scored, he backs up his teammates whenever there's scrums, never said a bad word of anybody.
And now, out of nowhere, this guy is this greedy selfish player that's asking for the world?
It just doesn't add up.

Meanwhile, we have a new rookie GM that has publicly admitted he wants to instill a salary structure in place, including bridge contracts after ELC, that's rumored to be about 2years.

It makes a lot more sense that Bergevin is the one tightening the pocket way more than he should. More so than PK being greedy at least.
Well if the numbers on the stove are correct... the team is being dumb. I get offering two years but 3 mil per? Please... that is insulting. I really hope this isn't the case.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:56 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
Do we remember what Price's last contract numbers were?
The guy is coming off of his ELC and he's played less than 200 games in the league.
Does he really merit that much more as a 1st time RFA?
Make him feel better and throw 3.5/yr over 2 years and move on.

I love his play, style and attitude, but yer a kid coming off yer ELC, take the bridge and earn yer stripes like the multitudes before you.
PRICE was a backup that year. It's not the same.

Bridge contracts are old news. We're not seeing them for the better players right now. If Host stove is right about that offer from the Habs. It's downright insulting.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:57 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
When you're down a goal late and you have to rely on Kaberle-Markov.. it's really easy to leave the points alone and choke off the forwards. We need PK pronto.

Closed Thread