HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 03:36 PM
JackJ

vCash: 500
Putting Schneider in the same class as Quick and Price with less than 80 games under his belt is preposterous.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:39 PM
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackJ View Post
Putting Schneider in the same class as Quick and Price with less than 80 games under his belt is preposterous.
Quick and Price aren't in the same class.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:40 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
I think Schneider, Quick and Price are all very comparable talent wise, but it's very clearly Quick >>> Price >>> Schneider in terms of NHL results at this point. Wouldn't be surprised to see any one of them outperform any other this season.
Totally agree, but will add Cory was one of three goalies last year to put up better numbers than Quick. Also has the best numbers over the last two years of any goalie I believe.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:41 PM
JackJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopkins View Post
Quick and Price aren't in the same class.
Thats debatable but not the point. He's in neither class yet.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Silfverberg Snipes

vCash: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Delusional. Delusion everywhere.
We have every right to be high on our goalie prospect that beat out Luongo for the number one job. He is going to be a stud. No reason to say we're delusional simply because we believe Schneider will be as good as Quick.

Old
01-19-2013, 03:53 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBeautiful View Post
Exactly right, talented as Gardiner may be there is no roster spot for him on the Canucks and then there's Kadri who under AV would never play more than a handful of games and then we'd have to trade him or lose him on waivers alla Grabner. Like you I'd target JVR but they would have to add a 1st and a prospect like Colbourne (big top 9 center / winger potential) or Holzer (right hand Dman prospect)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Right. That's why the NHL's most successful franchise over the last half decade is on the verge of moving their star goaltender to make room for this player.

Quick comes with a 50% higher cap hit than Schneider and a risky, longterm contract. Tell me again why that would be a good move for the Canucks? Quick has 1 excellent season on his resume, with 3 seasons as a starter.
Ahhhhhhhhh.... the thread that keeps on giving.

Old
01-19-2013, 04:19 PM
racerjoe

Has Philly called Gillis yet today?

Old
01-19-2013, 04:23 PM
John Bender

Quote:
Thats debatable but not the point. He's in neither class yet.
It's not debatable.

Old
01-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
About as preposterous as putting Quick in Luongo's class with 1 only excellent season as a starter. Right?

I have no problem ranking Schneider behind Quick due to their respective workloads. That doesn't change the fact I don't think anything separates these 2 in terms of ability right now. Nor would I trade Schneider for Quick.

If I had to bet money on who wins the Vezina this season, it goes on Lundqvist, Quick and Schneider.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:14 PM
nubber

well, one game in the books and we allready have a sieve sighting. Quick lets in 5 of 22 shots. Will be amusing to watch some teams get nervous with their tendies (LA not included). MG's next item of leverage I would think.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:29 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubber View Post
well, one game in the books and we allready have a sieve sighting. Quick lets in 5 of 22 shots. Will be amusing to watch some teams get nervous with their tendies (LA not included). MG's next item of leverage I would think.
...and giving... and giving...

Old
01-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Slapshot_11

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
Ahhhhhhhhh.... the thread that keeps on giving.
The first part is true

Old
01-19-2013, 06:23 PM
StringerBell

I hope Scrivens plays well for the Leafs tonight. Unless their fans don't want him too... in that case I hope he gets lit up so the tanking can commence with a bang.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:01 PM
The Saurus

Both players whom were rumoured to be involved in the original offer from Brian Burke (Nazem Kadri and Tyler Bozak) with the two goals for the Leafs thus far.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
Both players whom were rumoured to be involved in the original offer from Brian Burke (Nazem Kadri and Tyler Bozak) with the two goals for the Leafs thus far.

Offer still didn't meet the price. Wouldn't matter if they each got hat tricks this game.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:18 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Offer still didn't meet the price. Wouldn't matter if they each got hat tricks this game.
If Nazem Kadri proves he can contribute in a top six role this year, you still believe that the offer wouldn't meet MG's demands? Are you serious?

Top six forward + third line centre + 2nd round pick wouldn't get it done?

I personally wouldn't do that deal from a Leafs perspective but it's absolutely hilarious seeing Vancouver fans say they wouldn't take that deal.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:19 PM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
The price is going to be a $27,046,667 buyout soon

Old
01-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
If Nazem Kadri proves he can contribute in a top six role this year, you still believe that the offer wouldn't meet MG's demands? Are you serious?

I personally wouldn't do that deal from a Leafs perspective but it's absolutely hilarious seeing Vancouver fans say they wouldn't take that deal.

I wouldn't do it, call it what you want. Enjoy Kadri and Bozak. Hope they get into the playoffs.

Edit: Kadri is going to have to do a lot more than he has to be a _proven_ top6 forward in this league. A lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
The price is going to be a $27,046,667 buyout soon

We'll see.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:23 PM
StringerBell

Kadri looks really good tonight, wish we had him on Vancouver. Regardless of Bozak's goal I'm still not impressed by the guy.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:25 PM
DJOpus

Quote:

Well, apparently the Leafs already gave Vancouver what they wanted and Luongo said no... Tough luck for all of us.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:27 PM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nubber View Post
Evens out when Luongo becomes a distraction. No way he sits quietly.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Kadri looks really good tonight, wish we had him on Vancouver. Regardless of Bozak's goal I'm still not impressed by the guy.

He still made a few questionable play defensively, but on the whole I agree. Good debut this year for Kadri. Also agree on Bozak.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN View Post
Evens out when Luongo becomes a distraction. No way he sits quietly.

If he had anything to do with nixing a deal with TOR, he better be as quite as a church mouse. In a way, Luongo's veto ensures his silence.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:31 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Yes he has. I feel he's going to have a decent year in the NHL this year and next year he will break out into his 60 point potential, IMO. By all accounts, Nazem has matured two fold this year.

And it's quite unfortunate for Vancouver if they couldn't get an asset like Nazem because of Roberto's preferences. I hope they're able to recoup another asset with similar potential in another trade.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Wizeman*

How is it Toronto makes an offer and then YANKS it off the table 3 min later when Luongo states the obvious that he wants to go where his wife and family is.

Leafs knew that. Everyone knew that.

So how long does it take for Florida to say no, but then Toronto had changed its mind?

iN other words, Luongo NEVER agreed to waive ? Again that would be Gillis' fault for giving the cluck the NTC to begin with.

Closed Thread