HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 05:03 PM
andora

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to andora
Aside from being flashy, loud, and able to put up some points, can someone please tell me how Subban has become so SO highly touted. What is it that he does that is so incredible?

To cover my ass, i see a ton of montreal games every year, and have watched Subban a lot, i just want to have people explain it to me

Old
01-19-2013, 05:09 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora View Post
Aside from being flashy, loud, and able to put up some points, can someone please tell me how Subban has become so SO highly touted. What is it that he does that is so incredible?

To cover my ass, i see a ton of montreal games every year, and have watched Subban a lot, i just want to have people explain it to me
You just do not know how to watch hockey. Period.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:10 PM
toewsintangibles

Quote:

He's a above average to good NHL defenceman on a desperate team

Old
01-19-2013, 05:10 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:

I think he is overrated for exactly those reasons, he gets talked about a lot for being flashy and his antics on the ice, but I don't think he's that good defensively. Still a really good young player, he just gets talked about a lot for being in Montreal and his personality. I don't think he'd be hyped so much if he was buried on Florida or another team like that.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:11 PM
andora

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
You just do not know how to watch hockey. Period.
explain it to me.

Yes he is a good young defenceman with offensive skills. He has very high boom potential.

explain it to me

Old
01-19-2013, 05:13 PM
andora

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
I think he is overrated for exactly those reasons, he gets talked about a lot for being flashy and his antics on the ice, but I don't think he's that good defensively. Still a really good young player, he just gets talked about a lot for being in Montreal and his personality. I don't think he'd be hyped so much if he was buried on Florida or another team like that.
personally, this is where i am more often than not with him.

He has eaten a ton of minutes for being so early into a career, and no doubt he flashed early but he really showed that it caught up with him last year in my opinion on quite a few occasions.

outside of the good skillset he admittedly has, plus the potential i just never understood it

Old
01-19-2013, 05:16 PM
SERE 24
LGR

In my opinion, PK has a high skill set and is already putting up respectable points with the obvious potential to do more but, aside from his offense, I think he does everything at a high level. I'd feel comfortable with him, defensively speaking, on my top pairing and PK. He plays with intensity and a physical edge. His skating his phenomenal and I think his hockey acumen is extremely high. He's better than given credit for in his own end. His skill set is better than his stats thus far indicate but, in my opinion, PK has all the hallmarks and tools of a top dman. Not saying he should get paid like one just yet but if his deal has significant term on it they will be paying for potential, which we have seen plenty of times in the past. In my opinion, if PK got 5M a year for 5 years it would be just about right by the end of year 2. He is a really solid dman in all aspects.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:17 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
explain it to me.

Yes he is a good young defenceman with offensive skills. He has very high boom potential.

explain it to me
At present, he is better defensively than offensively. Game in, game out, he faced the top players from the other teams and did a very good job containing them. A young defenseman who plays in the 1st pairing and can contribute offensively, defensively is not easy to find. One more thing, Subban can also dish out hit too.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:17 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

I don't know...maybe playing a shutdown role in his 1st 2 seasons? Um...scoring 14 goals in his rookie year (including a hat trick). Being the go-to guy in every situation? Playing on a bottom feeding team and still having a +9. He's a damn good Dman and getting better.

Not sure how he's "loud" but that seems to go with the tired narrative.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Mats86

Subban to San Jose deal based around Vlasic? Subban has higher upside than Vlasic trade be more than that.

Something like...Subban, Young d-man, Bourque for Vlasic, Crowe, Boyle?

Habs probably flip Crowe for a draft pick as he is UFA.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:36 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Is Ryan Murray worth PK Subban? Or vice versa? If Montreal trades Subban I'm sure they would want a young dman with a similar ceiling. Columbus could use a player already capable of anchoring a D core.
Based on Montreal's high end prospects, I would expect them to want forward prospects rather than defense prospects...they look good on D.

If only they didn't trade McDounaugh for Gomez.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:37 PM
glenbuis

I didn't mean to kill the Bogosian vs Subban debate. Ive been looking forward to it since forever.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
please please please just sign him already!!

Old
01-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Mats86

Quote:

You need a new pair of glasses. Subban 23, scored 15 goals a year, hits like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10MKrCy4Ycg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Imkrm7ltg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGTf3HVbmX4

Old
01-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Is Ryan Murray worth PK Subban? Or vice versa? If Montreal trades Subban I'm sure they would want a young dman with a similar ceiling. Columbus could use a player already capable of anchoring a D core.
no he's not. He hasn't reached a ceiling anywhere near where subban is - and Subban's still developing. Bergevin won't be interested in a dman who hasn't played a single NHL game. Maybe a prospect would be part of the package - but think of a very good PRO equivalent and Bergevin may listen. Preferably a forward.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Subban for Mdz, Skjei

Old
01-19-2013, 06:37 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
I think it's a fair starting point. I'm a fan of Murray and if Columbus needed to dump some salary I'd look at taking Wiznewski back. I can see Bergevin being a fan of a player like Murray.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Hjalmarsson + McNeill + Beach?

Hammer top 4 dman who can slot in to Habs top 4 while McNeill is big C prospect (2011 1st rounder while Berge was assistant GM here in Chicago) and Beach another guy Berge knows well

To little of value there?

Old
01-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Pitlick*

With no PK tonight, the Habs have no Mojo. They look like a team with no identity, no energy.

They would be smart to lock him up.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:11 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitlick View Post
With no PK tonight, the Habs have no Mojo. They look like a team with no identity, no energy.

They would be smart to lock him up.
Without PK, the Leafs' players move freely in our zone. We need to sign PK as soon as possible. We are certainly will get Seth Jones if PK does not play this season.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:13 PM
CanucksSayEh

Bring him to the Canucks, make room for cap via Ballard+Lu.

PK
Edler
Hammer
Juice
Garry
Tanev

Beyond stacked.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:14 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Hjalmarsson + McNeill + Beach?

Hammer top 4 dman who can slot in to Habs top 4 while McNeill is big C prospect (2011 1st rounder while Berge was assistant GM here in Chicago) and Beach another guy Berge knows well

To little of value there?
You're probably looking at Saad, Hjalmarsson, a 2nd, and Beach to get the conversation started. That may or may not be fair.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:33 PM
ThePhoenixx

Subban = Phaneuf 2.0

Old
01-19-2013, 09:13 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

I'm trying to think up a proposal from Ottawa, but I honestly can't think of a good one. Not that I ever make good proposals, I'm way too biased for that. But it's bugging me that I can't even come up with a bad one that I like.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:14 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhoenixx View Post
Subban = Phaneuf 2.0
Yakupov = Daigle 2.0

Closed Thread