HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Good tidings — and many apologies — for the holidays - USA Today

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2003, 09:12 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Good tidings — and many apologies — for the holidays - USA Today

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...11-allen_x.htm

Good tidings — and many apologies — for the holidays
Kevin Allen

Quote:
We should have eggnog with Rob and Scott Niedermayer, Mike Emrick, John Davidson, Igor Larionov, Doug Weight, Shane Doan, Bob Hartley, Dave Lewis, Joel Quenneville, Don Waddell and Larry Pleau because you should surround yourself with good human beings over any holiday. Let's make sure we serve Igor red wine instead of eggnog because he believes two glasses of red wine a day is why he is playing at age 43.
Owners should apologize to players and players should apologize to owners just to cleanse the air before we get serious about the next collective-bargaining agreement. There will be no joy in Whoville if there is no hockey next season.
Some of you should apologize for not giving the New Jersey Devils enough respect. As long as Lou Lamoriello, Brodeur, Scott Stevens and Rob (Edit: Right thought, wrong brother though!) Niedermayer are there, this team is a threat to win the Stanley Cup every year.

Writers need to apologize for not giving more Norris Trophy consideration to Stevens and Niedemayer.
We should all apologize for being overly critical of a game that most of us love.

Old
12-13-2003, 10:04 AM
Vanya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unthinkable
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...11-allen_x.htm

Good tidings — and many apologies — for the holidays
Kevin Allen

I love how people are being told to give the Devils respect and Kevin Allen can't even get one of our best players' name right.

He should apologize for looking like a jackass.

Old
12-13-2003, 10:12 AM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Vanya
I love how people are being told to give the Devils respect and Kevin Allen can't even get one of our best players' name right.

Old
12-13-2003, 10:15 AM
PEli*

Rob Niedermayer is a Devil? I guess that's cool.

Old
12-13-2003, 10:44 AM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Vanya

This is the same guy who in '95 picked the Bruins to beat us in six games(we won in five), then picked the Pens to beat us in six games(we won in five), then he picked the Flyers to beat us in six games( we won in six) then to top it all off he picked the Red Wings to beat us out of the Stanley Cup in six games(we swept them) so I really don't hold much credence to what he has to say or am I shocked he can't get right the name of one of the best players in the league.

Closed Thread