HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Realistic Expections for Dougie Hamilton This Season.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:29 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
I defer to management, I have no need of an opinion, Warsofsky is obviously the best bet for depth.
I don't know how one can have the opinion of "we shouldn't have opinions - THEY are the experts" when we've ALL seen countless instances of professionals getting it WRONG. Many times, we're the ones calling it right (see: Joe Corvo).

If you don't think it's worth discussing, then why discuss it?

If it's worth anything at all, I think they're doing the right thing with Hamilton. This is what I want to see and I'm more than willing to go through the growing pains with him. It's time where his development is of higher priority than his contract status.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:57 PM
SpitfireIX

Dougie looked good as the game progressed. He may have been nervous at the start but he looked to be getting more comfortable toward the end of the game. I think this guy is going to come on fast with good coaching in Boston.

SpitfireIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
Dougie looked good as the game progressed. He may have been nervous at the start but he looked to be getting more comfortable toward the end of the game. I think this guy is going to come on fast with good coaching in Boston.
For sure by the third period he got the confidence to pinch up the wall and sneak towards the net, He looks great he is getting his defence down, the offence will come out as he gains even more confidence.

Kelly23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:19 PM
sjaustin77

Quote:
Excellent and I'm glad I have your permission, but you've already made a fantastic case as to why we never need have an opinion. It doesn't look like Warsofsky is the best option, he is the best option as we can just defer to management for our opinion.

I mentioned White before realizing how easy it is to just defer to management. I now retract that opinion, he obviously isn't a good option else B's brass would have signed him. Consider me signed up. Where's my membership card?
I guess you were being sarcastic. Nice to know people would rather be ***** than actually talk hockey. I'm not giving you my permission, it is just your right as I'm sure you already knew. If not then now you do.

I also never said we have to defer to management for our opinion, just that unless you have the same type of hockey expertise as the collective management that we should defer to them on whether that is best at the time. They have all of the information for the decision and the reasons they made it that we most likely don't have. I also made the comment based on a comment that attacked the poster not post. There are a lot of people that are good at that on this board and why many good posters have left. I didn't think that was allowed but whatever.

Enjoy having your opinion, or not, or whatever you want to do. Have a nice night.

sjaustin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:26 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
I guess you were being sarcastic. Nice to know people would rather be ***** than actually talk hockey. I'm not giving you my permission, it is just your right as I'm sure you already knew. If not then now you do.

I also never said we have to defer to management for our opinion, just that unless you have the same type of hockey expertise as the collective management that we should defer to them on whether that is best at the time. They have all of the information for the decision and the reasons they made it that we most likely don't have. I also made the comment based on a comment that attacked the poster not post. There are a lot of people that are good at that on this board and why many good posters have left. I didn't think that was allowed but whatever.

Enjoy having your opinion, or not, or whatever you want to do. Have a nice night.
Exactly, you point out I don't have to but make sure to also point out I'd be stupid not to. Just like you did earlier:

Quote:
Well if management decides he should stay up (or go down) shouldn't we be smart to agree & defer to their expertise over message board posters that think they should do something different?
It's well done really. You don't have to agree with management, but if you don't your opinion must be stupid because management are smarter then HF posters.

You figured out the internet... we can now safely shut er down. Maybe I'm being sarcastic, but lets not rule out the possibility I'm being genuinely thankful... this will make HFboards way easier.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post

Do you know how ridiculous you sound? You can have an opinion and share it as long as you have the same hockey background as the guys making the decisions otherwise defer to them. Really?

Newsflash: These guys are wrong all the time. Its part of the business. This board exists to discuss and share opinions regardless of your background. It is beyond obnoxious to just suggest we "defer" to them because they do their homework.

How about this for a statement...there are 100 posters here who would have done a better job as Isles GM than Mike Milbury. I am effin dead honest about that. 100...maybe more. This is a guy who played in college, in the pro's, coached, worked in front offices....and he was absolutely terrible on every level as a GM.

GM's mess up all the time...its not to say "anyone can do it", but everyone should put in their 2 cents...otherwise this place craps out and THAT is the reason this place loses posters, nothing else. If you want to convince yourself otherwise, fine, but I know it is not the truth.

So get over yourself....I am going to continue to give my opinion regardless if you or anyone else thinks my hockey background is worthy. You can continue waving your pom poms .... and defer to the guys who know it all.

Bruwinz37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:37 PM
TCL40

There is no way they are sending this kid back to juniors. Tonight's game if anything showed he is better served playing this year in the NHL even if he does have some growing pains here and there.

He played smart, and didn't make any huge errors. Shoot I didn't notice him that much, which is a good thing for a defenseman and when I did it was usually when he did something right.

Kid put two shots on goal-so he isn't afraid to shoot.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
There is no way they are sending this kid back to juniors. Tonight's game if anything showed he is better served playing this year in the NHL even if he does have some growing pains here and there.

He played smart, and didn't make any huge errors. Shoot I didn't notice him that much, which is a good thing for a defenseman and when I did it was usually when he did something right.

The funny thing about this whole thread is that no one is really advocating him being sent to Jr's.

Bruwinz37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:43 PM
bme44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
I think you have to be pleased with the game Dougie played did not try to do to much but played a responsible game. Nice start

bme44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Killerbeez
HFBoards Sponsor

He won't get a much harder team to play his first game against. The Rags are a formidable foe. I'll be curious to see how he handles the small shifty guys. by all accounts, he's a keeper.

Killerbeez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:24 PM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

I was rather impressed with Dougie. He looked pretty solid in his own end....there were a few iffy moments, but he's a rookie....you expect that. I loved his willingness to shoot the puck on net.

The Special K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:25 PM
finchster

Quote:

You probably didn’t notice him much because he played 13:40 TOI , but he sticks with the big club. My guess on his development
SeasonGAPTOI
12/1316714:30
13/145152018:00
14/158202820:30
15/1612253722:30

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:25 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Didn't look like a rookie at all tonight. Big game for him in the right direction, especially facing one of the East top teams. Hopefully he can build off it and gain more confidence.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Good start to #27's career. Nice to see him willing to bang in the corners. Given the overall ability of NYR's forwards, he did very well. Can't wait to see what he's like on Monday afternoon without NHL debut adrenaline.

Nightslyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:44 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

He is 6'5 and 19
I believe most males stop growing at like 24
Maybe we will see a 6'7 Dougie can't wait for him to muscle up and grow into his body
Also to learn from Z

For predictions I see him getting 15 points
4 goals 11 assists or 5 goals 10 assists

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:59 PM
Afam*

Doug Played well. Although i was watching the game, i was multitasking like hell and the Nhl camera was awful.e You can barely see the players. Why is hard for the Nhl cameras to zoom in closer to the players. Furthermore , i see that dougie is wearing No 27 now.

Afam* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:24 AM
Diskothek

Decent game overall, that play on the cross-crease pass was key to maintaining our momentum. Not expecting a whole lot of points but maybe a boost from being on the PP now and then.

Diskothek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:27 AM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

Not bad, not bad at all.

Played a solid game. Made the defensive play of the game knocking the puck away from a ranger who had an open side and was about to ties the game early in the 3rd period

JoeIsAStud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:29 AM
sjaustin77

Quote:
Exactly, you point out I don't have to but make sure to also point out I'd be stupid not to. Just like you did earlier:

It's well done really. You don't have to agree with management, but if you don't your opinion must be stupid because management are smarter then HF posters.

You figured out the internet... we can now safely shut er down. Maybe I'm being sarcastic, but lets not rule out the possibility I'm being genuinely thankful... this will make HFboards way easier.
You are reading more into it, or reading it wrong if you think that is what I am saying. It really doesn't have anything to do with being smart either. It is about people who are more experienced and have more information. It applies to all fields of work or whatever decisions you are making.

Here is my simple premise - in this case it is about B's management vs random internet posters:

People should defer to those with more experience & more importantly, information to make the decisions.
That is the prudent and smarter thing to do. That isn't a bold statement to make.

In this case we are talking about Bruins management (pretty good management) and Hamilton.

I think we actually agree on keeping Hamilton up. In this case we agree with management. But if they choose to send him down, I will defer to their collective knowledge of Chia, Julien, Neely, scouts, input from Hamilton, possibly Chara, Bergeron, and others. Not only do they have this over me they have seen him in more junior games, in camp, might have a plan to bring in a proven guy, don't think he can handle it physically based on their observations, have a better idea of short or long term goals in regards to what is best for the club & player, salary may play a role, etc.

There is so much that goes into the decision that I don't have access to. Maybe you do, and you have their collective expertise or have conferred with others with their expertise and information on the matter.

I have never said your opinion is stupid, wrong, you shouldn't share it, or discuss it. It could be a great opinion and the correct one. The only statement I am making is the we should defer to those with the expertise and information to make an informed decision. Your opinion is (very, very likely less informed) like mine is. That doesn't mean our opinions are stupid or wrong & we could still end up with a better opinion than management.

I would respond to your internet comment but that would be even more off topic than talking about whether B's management has more expertise and information than random internet posters.

I don't think you are genuinely thankful, so I'll go with sarcastic on this one. I have been sarcastic back. I'm done with you on this subject unless you want to talk hockey. I think Hamilton looked pretty good for game 1.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:31 AM
Random Bruins Fan
saveassetsvssaveass

Good first game for Dougie. He seemed poised and like he knows how to get a shot through.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:39 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
He is 6'5 and 19
I believe most males stop growing at like 24
Maybe we will see a 6'7 Dougie can't wait for him to muscle up and grow into his body
Also to learn from Z

For predictions I see him getting 15 points
4 goals 11 assists or 5 goals 10 assists
Uh oh, veddar is about to lay the SMACK on ya

seriously though, I doubt he gets much taller...but damn me if he doesn't add another 15 pounds of man strength

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:57 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post

seriously though, I doubt he gets much taller...but damn me if he doesn't add another 15 pounds of man strength
Damn straight.

How's Koko doing with that growing taller thing?

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:58 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
I'm ready

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:59 AM
sjaustin77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Do you know how ridiculous you sound? You can have an opinion and share it as long as you have the same hockey background as the guys making the decisions otherwise defer to them. Really?

Read my response to Kaoz. I've never said that. You guys aren't understanding what I am saying. My premise is simple. It isn't a bold statement to make. I am saying we should defer to those with more experience and information to make an informed decision. It really has nothing to do with whatever opinion you have. You can have one and share it no matter what. When it comes time for the decision it is prudent and smarter to go with the experienced and informed ones - in this case Bruins management.

Newsflash: These guys are wrong all the time. Its part of the business. This board exists to discuss and share opinions regardless of your background. It is beyond obnoxious to just suggest we "defer" to them because they do their homework.

They are not wrong all the time. They are sometimes wrong as I would imagine you are. I know why the board exists. I haven't said we should defer to them just because they do their homework. There are a lot of reasons. See response above. It doesn't mean they will be right and you will be wrong.

How about this for a statement...there are 100 posters here who would have done a better job as Isles GM than Mike Milbury. I am effin dead honest about that. 100...maybe more. This is a guy who played in college, in the pro's, coached, worked in front offices....and he was absolutely terrible on every level as a GM.

Probably true. I'm not talking about Milbury. I might defer to some people on this board before Milbury. He does most likely have a more informed opinion to make his decisions. He may have bad information or just be a bad GM though.

GM's mess up all the time...its not to say "anyone can do it", but everyone should put in their 2 cents...otherwise this place craps out and THAT is the reason this place loses posters, nothing else. If you want to convince yourself otherwise, fine, but I know it is not the truth.

Everyone should have their opinion and share it. I've never said they shouldn't. This place craps out for a number of reasons, one is if people don't want others to share opinions. I want people to share their opinions and I encourage it. Those opinions should be on hockey. The only thing I'm convinced of is there are a number of reasons people leave this board. One is when people attack posters instead of the post. I think that is true. If you don't and want to convince yourself there is only one reason more power to you.

So get over yourself....I am going to continue to give my opinion regardless if you or anyone else thinks my hockey background is worthy. You can continue waving your pom poms .... and defer to the guys who know it all.
I'm over my self. I've made a common sense statement that you apparently disagree with. Great, you should give your opinions - on hockey. You guys are reading different things than I am saying and attacking me instead of my posts. Read (if you want) my post to Kaoz and this one to you. It should explain what I am saying. If you don't think people should defer to those who have experience and information to make informed decisions, fine. I won't change your mind. I'm not waving any pom poms and I will defer to people who know more than me and are informed about the decision they are making.

I'm done with you as well on this subject unless you want to talk hockey. I think Hamilton looked good and should stay up. Have a good one.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:19 AM
SpitfireIX

Quote:

A few of you guys are mentioning his shots on goal and I agree he seems to know what he is doing in that department. What impressed me was that he knows how to take some off the shot and place it low for tips etc. He makes sure the puck gets on goal. Eric Brewer was great at that with the wrister in his younger days. I think Dougie will be the answer to the power play as time goes on.

SpitfireIX is offline   Reply With Quote