HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Bruins | 1/19/13

Old
01-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Right off the bat, Gaborik is going to have to play more than 15 minutes a game for us to be successful.

Hagelin is on the top lines because of what he brings, his pace and work rate allowing him to be involved both in the offense and to provide defensive cover for two more offenive minded players.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
Yeah hasnt detroit made the postseason every year for years now
Put it this way, in all of my years of existence, not one has gone by where Detroit didn't make the post season. Scary.

01-19-2013, 09:23 PM
trilobyte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
And another thing, enough with those stupid behind the back passes.
The thing is, we were all saying that last year, many times.

Why aren't the coaches and players saying it?

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I said right now, jerk.
Detroit makes the playoffs. That's a guarantee.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Them being lost on the power play has been like that for seasons now. Like someone else said, you can no longer pin it on the personnel but who the **** is running the whole thing.
I really think they need another assistant coach who can specialize it. I think Sullivan is a great coach, but he doesn't know how to run PP's.

I think Torts/Sullivan let the players do what they want. Its obvious that the players need some structure or some set plays to help give them some confidence.

I am also totally baffled why Gabs kept on getting PP time, when he was killing our man advantage better than the opposing team.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkurtz View Post
Not going to get to worked up about one game: the Bruins are one big, talented, physical, and deep team.

But.....I wish we were a bit faster through the middle: Richards, Stepan, Boyle: not much speed to carry the puck up the ice. Thought our wingers were ok and our centers mediocre.
This. Besides Richards, we really don't have much quickness... It hurts us. I actually was saying that it'd be nice to play a little faster

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gravey9

We need to keep in mind that we didn't have a single forward line that played together last season. (maybe cally, step and gabby played together occassionally but that's it) Bruins brought in 1 new player - Chris Bourque. There was sooo much systemic issues with the way the team played tonight that it's evident it's going to take time to sort out. The Bruins had better puck support all over the ice. Not much better, but better. The B's also collapsed well in front of their own net. And got more traffic in front of Henrik. That was the difference in the game. It's a testament to Hank and some of the D on this team that it stayed within reach despite half the team not playing within the system.

gravey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Detroit makes the playoffs. That's a guarantee.
And that's why I said right now. You could say the same about this team.

You think some of the guys on this board are freaking out over a 3-1 loss? Imagine if we lost 5-0.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Guys, I'm sorry> I'm convinced I'm bad luck.

I watched all three GA, was making pork in the GF.
I turned on the Avalanche game to root for them and they went from 1-0 lead to 2-1 deficit and EJ randomly lost his edge, crashed into the boards and was helped off the ice and then as I'm typing this, an Avs player just boarded someone and they're now going on the PK.

Might just skip tomorrow's game for the greater good of HFNYR.

Cresto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRangers723

i dont like the excuse "its only one game" especially when the rangers ot outplayed the whole game. This is a 48 games season and we play in a tough conference. So a slow start could cost us a top seed

NYRangers723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OverTheCap

Not having a full training camp definitely hurts a team like the Rangers, considering they usually have to integrate new players and have chronic issues with offensive chemistry. I think they will get it together eventually but it needs to be sooner rather than later with 47 games remaining.

We still don't have great depth, i.e., Hagelin should not be playing on the 1st line (and Kreider doesn't look like he belongs there right now either), Boyle is more of a 3rd-4th line tweener than a legit 3rd liner, and Bickel should either be a healthy scratch on most nights or playing in the AHL. The Rangers need to get back to their hard, forechecking game that made them so successful last year and play smart, disciplined hockey. I didn't see much of that tonight.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
i dont like the excuse "its only one game" especially when the rangers ot outplayed the whole game. This is a 48 games season and we play in a tough conference. So a slow start could cost us a top seed
But this is the thing. It's not a slow start. It's the first game.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

One of our strengths has always come out of training camp.

Cresto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:28 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
I watched all three GA, was making pork in the GF.
How does one make pork in one's girlfriend?

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

The line combos tonight NEVER made any sense. That's why when it first was reported earlier in the week I said "no, no and no".
Someone said Gaborik looked uncomfortable? Some of that is rust but it could also be that he's out of position. He has scored 40+ goals for us in 2 of the last 3 years....playing RW. No reason to upset the applecart.

Hagelin is not a first line player. Love his game. but love even more on the 3rd line.

Kreider will continue to be invisible until he plays with playmakers. I think Tortorella is trying to force the issue too much. Trying to make him into something he isn't right now.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashtyAttack View Post
In the grand scheme of things, the game could've been a lot worse. Hopefully it stings and lights a fire under their ***** for tomorrow.
I expect this tomorrow!

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Not having a full training camp definitely hurts a team like the Rangers, considering they usually have to integrate new players and have chronic issues with offensive chemistry. I think they will get it together eventually but it needs to be sooner rather than later with 47 games remaining.

We still don't have great depth, i.e., Hagelin should not be playing on the 1st line (and Kreider doesn't look like he belongs there right now either), Boyle is more of a 3rd-4th line tweener than a legit 3rd liner, and Bickel should either be a healthy scratch on most nights or playing in the AHL. The Rangers need to get back to their hard, forechecking game that made them so successful last year and play smart, disciplined hockey. I didn't see much of that tonight.
Good point about Bickel. I still am baffled as to why he plays over Eminger. Steve E is your best option as a #6.

Bickel offers nothing but his fists. I don't think he even knows how to effectively use his size.

Old
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
And that's why I said right now. You could say the same about this team.

You think some of the guys on this board are freaking out over a 3-1 loss? Imagine if we lost 5-0.
You got a point there. If we lost 5-0 it'd be even worse on here

People do overreact but at the same time I understand the frustration because like I said it's the same problems.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:29 PM
haveandare

The "Hagelin shouldn't be on the first line" talk is silly to me. He had an awful, awful game for sure, but it's not as if it was his first game getting those kinds of minutes and he blew it. He played first line last year with success many times. One example of one terrible game doesn't change that.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

If you told me before the game we got a point out of Richards and Nash I woulda been like "Hot dog here we come!"

Old
01-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:

People do overreact but at the same time I understand the frustration because like I said it's the same problems.
Can't say its frustration yet, you need at least a handful of games for that to set in. I would say annoyance/slight disappointment is more accurate.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:31 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
The line combos tonight NEVER made any sense. That's why when it first was reported earlier in the week I said "no, no and no".
Someone said Gaborik looked uncomfortable? Some of that is rust but it could also be that he's out of position. He has scored 40+ goals for us in 2 of the last 3 years....playing RW. No reason to upset the applecart.

Hagelin is not a first line player. Love his game. but love even more on the 3rd line.

Kreider will continue to be invisible until he plays with playmakers. I think Tortorella is trying to force the issue too much. Trying to make him into something he isn't right now.
I agree 100%. I like Hags but he just isnt a first line player and kreider benefits with better plays around him. I've said many times stepan and him play well together

NYRangers723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:

Oh totally.

I've got concerns. The passing has to get better.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:32 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Blaming Kreider or Hags for this one is really shortsighted.

The only players who got on the plane were Hank, McD, Del Z, and roughly half of Nash.

Team was flat out not ready to play.

01-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
if he never left the nhl he'd be closing in on messier for 2nd all-time scorer.
Absolutely. I actually know people who were shocked at the contract he got from Dallas. I think it's a steal for a guy who will be putting up numbers in the range of some younger guys making twice as much.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote