HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 10.0 - NHL'er! Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 09:34 PM
paddy

vCash: 500
He needs to be more assertive and play more like he does in Sarnia. He's just too timid out there and seems reluctant to hold on to the puck and make plays. Somebody should just tell him "Go out there kid, and be yourself. Have fun and give it your best."

Old
01-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
He was fine, and we don't have anybody else really to put out there instead of him. I think he's an NHLer to stay. May not have been my own personal plan to play him this year, but I'll be amazed if this is just a 5-game cameo. I think he's officially in the Habs' plans for this season.
To put out there where? Bourque already replaced him on the 2nd. Which means he's now on the Eller's line with Moen, though you can still move up either Armstrong or Prust on that 3rd and add Dumont or Blunden on the 4th till Nokie comes back. Or you try Gallagher on that 3rd line. Would make probably an interesting combo with Eller.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
To put out there where? Bourque already replaced him on the 2nd. Which means he's now on the Eller's line with Moen, though you can still move up either Armstrong or Prust on that 3rd and add Dumont or Blunden on the 4th till Nokie comes back. Or you try Gallagher on that 3rd line. Would make probably an interesting combo with Eller.
You keep stealing my thoughts!

Plus there's always the possibility we'll play with 7 D's in some games. With this D core they'll need it in some games because the small bodies are going to get hammered against some of the teams in this Conference.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:38 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I had no issues with his game. He was tentative but unlike the rest of our team, he got the puck to the net. My issue is that Therrien can't go a full game without moving him off the PP and sending him down the line-up.

The last thing a kid needs is to feel like he is the issue with a line. If you're not going to trust him and let him make mistakes, then send him down. Don't need his confidence ruined by another clueless coach

Old
01-19-2013, 09:40 PM
FireBergevin

Quote:
He was replaced because the team was an embarrassment & desperately needed a spark from a veteran to get Pleks & Gio going.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:41 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
He was replaced because the team was an embarrassment & desperately needed a spark from a veteran to get Pleks & Gio going.
And did it work? No. Because? Bourque is useless.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
4 games left. Enjoy while you can.
Agreed. He played well but in order for me to change my mind and decide to keep him, he'll have to be dominant. Not the case in his first game.

This comment is in no way to put him down, far from there, but the NHL is a men's game and very few teenagers have an immediate impact. Don't repeat the mistake other teams have made by wasting a year in the NHL. Let him dominate in junior with top quality minutes. The fact that he missed almost an entire season weighs heavily in my decision.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:44 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Unless he plays like an arse he should stick. Why? Because this is not October folks. The CHL season is ending in about 6 weeks. Would be ridiculous to send him back if he plays like a pro, which he did tonight.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:46 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
actuallt, line looked better with Bourque on it.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Not sure what game you were watching but Bourque was one of our better players...ahead of Cole, Pacioretty, Gionta and others. The Plekanec line started playing much better when they switched him and Galcheyuk.

I'm a big fan of Galchenyuk, he had a couple flashes tonight but he was clearly either over his head or nervous out there. We'll see how his next 5 games go, wouldn't mind giving him a night off and giving Gallagher a game.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:48 PM
FireBergevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
Unless he plays like an arse he should stick. Why? Because this is not October folks. The CHL season is ending in about 6 weeks. Would be ridiculous to send him back if he plays like a pro, which he did tonight.
He should be back on the 2nd line for Tues.

Tonight the 1st two lines were totally outclassed, which would have led to a lot of frustration on Galchenyuk's part, especially considering he was the only one creating offense.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:48 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Bourque actually looked pretty good.

I mean, I would ideally prefer someone else in his place, but we do have a last place team after all.

But if we keep Galchenyuk with the team this year, he'll do what Niederreiter did last year with the Islanders. And that will just hurt his development.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:50 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Tonight the 1st two lines were totally outclassed, which would have led to a lot of frustration on Galchenyuk's part, especially considering he was the only one creating offense.
We haven't watched the same game.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

He played okay, he needs to want it more, while having the mindset he will get the puck and he will be fine.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:52 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Bourque actually looked pretty good.

I mean, I would ideally prefer someone else in his place, but we do have a last place team.

But if we keep Galchenyuk with the team this year, he'll do what Niederreiter did last year with the Islanders. And that will just hurt his development.
So, in essence, in two weeks from now, let's return the kid to Sarnia where he'll play for about 4 weeks, then play golf. Right? This is not October.

Old
habspinner

Quote:
Exactly.

I would also add that just because he was moved down in the lineup I hardly think it weighed on his confidence. Just by the mere fact the Habs kept him on the opening night roster has to balloon this young mans confidence more than any of us could understand.

Keep him here, pay him his NHL salary, let him understand what it is to be a pro, and just chill everyone. Who really cares where we finish this year? Let the team have some fun - and for God's sake find a way to get PK signed - lol

Old
WeThreeKings

You guys have low expectations if you thought Bourque looked good.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:54 PM
FireBergevin

Some of you guys are trying to play forensics with dog **** here. Most of the team looked lost & had no rhythm. I'd like to see how Gally plays with Pleks once he actually gets going before even entertaining the idea of lost causes.

Sheesh.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:55 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Some of you guys are trying to play forensics with dog **** here. Most of the team looked lost & had no rhythm. I'd like to see how Gally plays with Pleks once he actually gets going before even entertaining the idea of lost causes.

Sheesh.
no one is saying he's a bust...

Sheesh.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
You guys have low expectations if you thought Bourque looked good.
What are you expecting Mario Lemieux or Malkin?

He used his size and speed on the forecheck, made a couple nice pays and drove the net. Pretty much a text book game for a 6'2" winger. the Plekanec line was 200% better once he went there.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:56 PM
FireBergevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
no one is saying he's a bust...

Sheesh.
I'm talking about people saying keeping him this year is a lost cause.

Sheesh.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:58 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
So, in essence, in two weeks from now, let's return the kid to Sarnia where he'll play for about 4 weeks, then play golf. Right? This is not October.
And next year too.

We would just waste his talent and entry-level contract years by keeping him with the Habs while he's not ready. He won't be a solid contributer at the NHL level before he hits 20 or 21 yo. Until then, him or Bourque or freaking Mathieu Darche, it's all the same.

What he needs at this stage is icetime including the PP and PK, a leadership role, responsabilities, etc.

As long as we rush our youngters, we won't have a good team.

Old
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

He used his size and speed on the forecheck, made a couple nice pays and drove the net. Pretty much a text book game for a 6'2" winger. the Plekanec line was 200% better once he went there.
Exactly, and it's not a knock on Galchenyuk, that line needed a little more physicality and board play, and Bourque provided that.

Old
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post

200% of 0% is still 0%. Forecheck which leads to nothing is still nothing.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:59 PM
CP31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Agreed. He played well but in order for me to change my mind and decide to keep him, he'll have to be dominant. Not the case in his first game.

This comment is in no way to put him down, far from there, but the NHL is a men's game and very few teenagers have an immediate impact. Don't repeat the mistake other teams have made by wasting a year in the NHL. Let him dominate in junior with top quality minutes. The fact that he missed almost an entire season weighs heavily in my decision.
You actually want an 18 year old to be "dominant"? There are very few players in the NHL who are dominant.

Closed Thread