HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K Subban Thread 4.0 - Still Unsigned Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 08:59 PM
hersky77

vCash: 500
I cant watch bouillon on the point anymore. Sign him now Marc or suffer the consequences of having the worst team in the league this year.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
#Canadiens Markov looking more like a #pinata than all-star D 2nite. Someone ask him his thoughts of club 2 yr contract policy on @PKSubban1

Ouch.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:01 PM
AntonCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
PRICE was a backup that year. It's not the same.

Bridge contracts are old news. We're not seeing them for the better players right now. If Host stove is right about that offer from the Habs. It's downright insulting.
Backup?
That was when Halak was shipped out and Price was ordained the starter.
backup previous year, but he had all the bargaining power yet he still signed the bridge contract
Unfortunately, today's youth think that they've arrived before they've arrived. PK's body of work is not a body yet. Take the bridge and cut the $hite with this insulting B$

Old
01-19-2013, 09:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Okay so his worth has just gone up a little more....Good job Bergevin.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:04 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
Do we remember what Price's last contract numbers were?
The guy is coming off of his ELC and he's played less than 200 games in the league.
Does he really merit that much more as a 1st time RFA?
Make him feel better and throw 3.5/yr over 2 years and move on.

I love his play, style and attitude, but yer a kid coming off yer ELC, take the bridge and earn yer stripes like the multitudes before you.
price was the backup goalie and subban is your best D. he's not worth the type of money players like hall and seguin are getting...but what the habs are apparently offering is insulting.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:05 PM
hersky77

PK and Mehaan are licking their lips right now.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:07 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonCH View Post
Backup?
That was when Halak was shipped out and Price was ordained the starter.
backup previous year, but he had all the bargaining power yet he still signed the bridge contract
Unfortunately, today's youth think that they've arrived before they've arrived. PK's body of work is not a body yet. Take the bridge and cut the $hite with this insulting B$
Right....after falling on his face and backing up Halak. He had NO bargaining power that year. You're not in the same ballpark.

That contract is insulting...

Old
01-19-2013, 09:09 PM
habsfanatics

Unfortunately I don't believe this changes much in the negotiations. Someone is stuck in their ways.

I totally agree with krisse and his post above. PK has shown great maturity and character throughout the entire lockout. To me, this is more bergevin than pk.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Miller Time

Ugggh

3million /year.... We can only hope that's not true.

What the hell is MB thinking?

Old
01-19-2013, 09:35 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper
#Canadiens Markov looking more like a #pinata than all-star D 2nite. Someone ask him his thoughts of club 2 yr contract policy on @PKSubban1

Ouch.
What does that have to do with Subban? Nobody will be trying to nail Markov because Subban is there?

Markov didn't look like a guy who barely played the last 2 years, KHL did him a lot of good.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:49 PM
dutchy29

I understand, "Its a buisness" and all that crap, but my opinion is biased as I am totally sick of management vs. union from the lockout, now Hab fans have to sit thru another lockout while on of our top players plays chicken with Bergevin.
Lets face it PK is a hugh talent, but still very young, has never had a great season, did fill a hugh void last season with the absence of Markov, but still struggled defensively at times, is not the offensive threat that Karleson is, is not tough as nails like Weber, he has his weaknesses for sure, and lets face it he helped lead a team to last place last season, for that we want to open the bank. I heard from TSN panel he was asking for 6million a season and long term deal. He hasn't earned it period.
If he wants a long term deal it should be scaled up to pay him based on performance, but those contracts really don't exsist so I would offer him 4 million/yr for 2years. If he came back with 4.5million/yr for 2 years I'd do it. anything more is actually hurting this franchise. The canadiens are rebuilding, we will be a weak team for a few years and if we traded PK for a couple first rounders I would be all over it.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:58 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
I understand, "Its a buisness" and all that crap, but my opinion is biased as I am totally sick of management vs. union from the lockout, now Hab fans have to sit thru another lockout while on of our top players plays chicken with Bergevin.
Lets face it PK is a hugh talent, but still very young, has never had a great season, did fill a hugh void last season with the absence of Markov, but still struggled defensively at times, is not the offensive threat that Karleson is, is not tough as nails like Weber, he has his weaknesses for sure, and lets face it he helped lead a team to last place last season, for that we want to open the bank. I heard from TSN panel he was asking for 6million a season and long term deal. He hasn't earned it period.
If he wants a long term deal it should be scaled up to pay him based on performance, but those contracts really don't exsist so I would offer him 4 million/yr for 2years. If he came back with 4.5million/yr for 2 years I'd do it. anything more is actually hurting this franchise. The canadiens are rebuilding, we will be a weak team for a few years and if we traded PK for a couple first rounders I would be all over it.
If it's true that PK asked for multi year with 6M per year then I am all for trading him to another team.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:59 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
I don't understand this reasoning and how you and some are so quick to just trade PK. We're rebuilding, you have a 23 year old #1 dman and instead of paying him you'd rather trade him for picks? And what if those picks turn out to have really good years under their ELC and you offer 2 year deals. Will you trade them for picks too?

Bridge contract for a player of Subban's ilk is ridiculous. He has earned a great deal so far. 2 straight seasons as a the team's best dman and he's been great in the playoffs thus far. This is pro sports...deals are based on what you have done and what you will potentially do. I mean, how many players really "earn" their deals? Few and far between so I don't get the "he hasn't earned it" talk.

Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
If it's true that PK asked for multi year with 6M per year then I am all for trading him to another team.
So instead of negotiating you trade him?

Old
MathMan

4 1sts for a 23-year-old #1 D-man? No thanks. 4 low firsts will usually net you 2-3 decent NHLers, and no more.

But if Bergevin is lowballing Subban like the CBC seems to think, we're in trouble. That doesn't speak well of the GM's player evaluation.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:05 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
So instead of negotiating you trade him?
If the rumor is true, how can you negotiate? If it's easy to negotiate, say from 6M to 5M, they may have an agreement already. On top, PK is not worth 6M at the moment. May be in 2/3 years. I am big PK fans but I think PK is wrong if he asked for multi years at 6M per.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:08 PM
dutchy29

Quote:
I don't understand this reasoning and how you and some are so quick to just trade PK. We're rebuilding, you have a 23 year old #1 dman and instead of paying him you'd rather trade him for picks? And what if those picks turn out to have really good years under their ELC and you offer 2 year deals. Will you trade them for picks too?

Bridge contract for a player of Subban's ilk is ridiculous. He has earned a great deal so far. 2 straight seasons as a the team's best dman and he's been great in the playoffs thus far. This is pro sports...deals are based on what you have done and what you will potentially do. I mean, how many players really "earn" their deals? Few and far between so I don't get the "he hasn't earned it" talk.
Subban's Ilk? He finished 26th in defenseman scoring and couldn't get our dreadful powerplay clicking to even an average level, where did our PP finish? I will give him a great +/- considering he played for a last place team but, like a said he has not had a great year yet. good year yes. Big contracts are for players that are sure things, who have prove to be dominant at the NHL level. After two good years Subban cannot claim to be a great d man.
If your asking do I want to build a rebuilding franchise around a player who thinks 36 points is a great season then no I will pass.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:12 PM
GordonGraham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Okay so his worth has just gone up a little more....Good job Bergevin.
Cmon now PP was 1/5 thats 20%
PK played 81 games last year and the PP was at what 15%?

Old
01-19-2013, 10:14 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
If the rumor is true, how can you negotiate? If it's easy to negotiate, say from 6M to 5M, they may have an agreement already. On top, PK is not worth 6M at the moment. May be in 2/3 years. I am big PK fans but I think PK is wrong if he asked for multi years at 6M per.
I don't think he's earned 6 mil per year either. 5 mil is fine for what he's done. To get 6 mil you've got to have some great seasons behind you.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:19 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
No one, not even Meehan goes in with 6M and doesn't budge on it.

If the Hot Stove Rumors are true, Bergevin is offering 3M over 2 years. If you're going to blame PK for his demands then you should blame the GM for his offer.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:21 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I don't think he's earned 6 mil per year either. 5 mil is fine for what he's done. To get 6 mil you've got to have some great seasons behind you.
If PK is really asking for 6M, the team should let him stay home and wait for the trade deadline and trade him to the highest bidder. We will finish the season at the bottom and get good draft pick in 2013. Try to get as many 1st rounds or excellent prospect as you can from trading PK. Some desperate team will give us a good package for PK at the deadline.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:26 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Subban's Ilk? He finished 26th in defenseman scoring and couldn't get our dreadful powerplay clicking to even an average level, where did our PP finish? I will give him a great +/- considering he played for a last place team but, like a said he has not had a great year yet. good year yes. Big contracts are for players that are sure things, who have prove to be dominant at the NHL level. After two good years Subban cannot claim to be a great d man.
If your asking do I want to build a rebuilding franchise around a player who thinks 36 points is a great season then no I will pass.
On an ultra defensive team that thwarted his offensive game. He is to blame for the PP being crap? Really? A lot of PK's value doesn't appear on the stat sheet. The fact that he's a +9 on a last place team while facing other teams top lines, being the go to guy in every situation, warrants something more than what has reportedly been offered. He is as sure a thing as the OTHER players coming of ELC's that have gotten long term deals. He's as sure a thing as Price, Max, etc.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:38 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
If PK is really asking for 6M, the team should let him stay home and wait for the trade deadline and trade him to the highest bidder. We will finish the season at the bottom and get good draft pick in 2013. Try to get as many 1st rounds or excellent prospect as you can from trading PK. Some desperate team will give us a good package for PK at the deadline.
That will be traded when he doesn't accept an insulting offer from management. I sure as hell would take an overpaid good young player with potential out of this world over a draft pick, that's for sure.

Cam Fowler gets a 5 year deal after being a -25, -28 in his 1st 2 seasons.
Tyler Myers same amount of points as PK in his 1st 2 seasons 7 year deal.
Taylor Hall gets a 7 year deal 42 and 53 point seasons.

And you think PK should accept a bridge contract?

Old
01-19-2013, 10:45 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
That will be traded when he doesn't accept an insulting offer from management. I sure as hell would take an overpaid good young player with potential out of this world over a draft pick, that's for sure.

What's wrong with a bridge contract of 2 years for 3.5-4M a year?

Old
01-19-2013, 10:49 PM
HabsPassion

Quote:

Tyler Myers won a calder..................... I refuse to add anything else or to dignify this comment.

Closed Thread