HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Bruins | 1/19/13

Old
01-19-2013, 10:55 PM
h0ckeyman

vCash: 500
Sloppy game by the Rangers. Nash was the best player on the ice IMO. I hope he always has this kind of effort.

h0ckeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
lol Jagr with 4 points. That's my boy.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Nash-Richards-Callahan
You may want to flip the wings, at least give it a look. I think you want Nash on the right side more than Cally if you can get away with it.

Course, Cally may not be able to adjust to the left side.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Rangers2319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
lol was just looking at that

Rangers2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:57 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Game was Jagr vs. Vrbata and Jagr prevailed.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:59 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Nashty View Post
Game was Jagr vs. Vrbata and Jagr prevailed.
Crazy how little you hear about him considering he's a very good goal scorer.

01-19-2013, 10:59 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
It's only Game 1 but that was dreadful. I watched nearly every game today. Nobody looked as bad as we did.
People can talk short camp, Boston, lots of roster turnover, etc. but this is the truth. Didn't show up.

I expect a much better effort tomorrow night.

Only other team "on their level" is Detroit.

01-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Kershaw

Edit wrong thread

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:00 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Jagr having another monster night ... I bet he pots 30G into his 40's.

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Cresto
In the pantry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
lolwat that sounds... not right!
Cus our play up to the 2-0 mark was so orgasmic I had to go knock one out. Yup.

During* the GF. I see what I did there.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Trident

If Henrik plays like that the rest of the year, they will be fine. now everyone else needs to step it up tomorrow. That save reminded me of the robbery he performed on Savard a few years back on the same side of the ice.
Nash looked good.

Trident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:02 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
People can talk short camp, Boston, lots of roster turnover, etc. but this is the truth. Didn't show up.

I expect a much better effort tomorrow night.

Only other team "on their level" is Detroit.
IMO from the blueline back the Rangers got a solid effort. Almost little to no forecheck or chemistry from the forward group tonight. Much different look without the grit of Duby and Prust out there. They are going to have to figure out how to be a little quicker to pucks and finishing hits.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:08 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
IMO from the blueline back the Rangers got a solid effort. Almost little to no forecheck or chemistry from the forward group tonight. Much different look without the grit of Duby and Prust out there. They are going to have to figure out how to be a little quicker to pucks and finishing hits.
and its a coincidence that they've brought back the exact same D and Goalie? whereas every single forward line out there tonight had never played a single minute of hockey together ever?

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
I thought we were way off the mark in terms of team defense from last year, seems like we got pinned in our zone quite a bit and our breakout was horrid. Neutral zone wasn't great either. Oh wait a minute we weren't very solid in all three zones...

Sloppy, poorly played game, didn't seem like we had much of a strategy to be honest so either Torts didn't give them much of a game plan or they failed miserably to execute.

Sucks because I was thinking we'd win tonight and lose tomorrow. I think we might be a better match up against the Pens though at least until we get going physically. Seemed timid tonight.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:10 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
D-zone was solid but had too many breakdowns. They'd be fine for a bit but then would be swimming for a while, relying solely on Hank. Breakout particularly left a lot to be desired.

Offensively I agree, forecheck was not there. Dubi and Prust are missed to an extent for sure, but I actually thought Pyatt filled in well for Prust from a forechecking standpoint. I was less impressed with the o-zone possession of the top 2 lines, especially line 2. Callahan can't be that invisible in a game, not to mention Gabby and Stepan.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:11 PM
h0ckeyman

Quote:
I thought we were way off the mark in terms of team defense from last year, seems like we got pinned in our zone quite a bit and our breakout was horrid. Neutral zone wasn't great either. Oh wait a minute we weren't very solid in all three zones...

Sloppy, poorly played game, didn't seem like we had much of a strategy to be honest so either Torts didn't give them much of a game plan or they failed miserably to execute.

Sucks because I was thinking we'd win tonight and lose tomorrow. I think we might be a better match up against the Pens though at least until we get going physically. Seemed timid tonight.
Agreed for sure. Grit and team D was almost non-existent. Didn't look like a torts-esque team. Lots of hockey to be played, definitely not enough to start getting worried yet.

Quote:
D-zone was solid but had too many breakdowns. They'd be fine for a bit but then would be swimming for a while, relying solely on Hank. Breakout particularly left a lot to be desired.

Offensively I agree, forecheck was not there. Dubi and Prust are missed to an extent for sure, but I actually thought Pyatt filled in well for Prust from a forechecking standpoint. I was less impressed with the o-zone possession of the top 2 lines, especially line 2. Callahan can't be that invisible in a game, not to mention Gabby and Stepan.
Not much creativity out there, when you look at how many crafty players are on the roster. I hope Gabby is still not 100%, because he is so invisible. He is so unbelievabley soft, when he isn't creating chances he is useless out there. I agree about Pyatt and liked his effort, Rupp as well to some extent.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:12 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:

That's another thing. We got bullied around. Every forward spent time on their ass.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:13 PM
JCrusher*

Boston pretty much did what they pleased tonight. I mean The Bruins were all over the place. we looked slow and soft. Its one game but if i see the same type of play tomorrow in the home opener i will be concerned

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:14 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:

Really? That sounds like every bad game we played last year. That sounds like the hallmark of this Rangers team, to be honest. Not necessarily even criticizing, because I still think this roster is going to get it done and go deep in the playoffs, but sloppy play in our own end and an inability to breakout/clear were CALLING CARDS last year.

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:15 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Since we really haven't had a chance to build team chemistry this game was tough for the Rangers because Boston is super defensive. The Pit game should be a little more open which should help is right now.

Once they get comfortable with each other I think we'll be much better then we were tonight. I wish they could have picked up a W but I'll live.

01-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

you literally could not pick a worse matchup for the rangers in the first game than Bawstun.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:20 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
Since we really haven't had a chance to build team chemistry this game was tough for the Rangers because Boston is super defensive. The Pit game should be a little more open which should help is right now.

Once they get comfortable with each other I think we'll be much better then we were tonight. I wish they could have picked up a W but I'll live.
I understand needing time for chemistry but at the same time in a 48 game season you have to be careful not to dig yourself in a hole which i dont think will happen. I agree the Pens dont have a tough defensive team like the bruins do so i expect for offense tomorrow

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:25 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
I understand needing time for chemistry but at the same time in a 48 game season you have to be careful not to dig yourself in a hole which i dont think will happen. I agree the Pens dont have a tough defensive team like the bruins do so i expect for offense tomorrow
You can rush chemistry. It just kind if happens whenever it's ready. Sometimes it's faster then other times. Unfortunately last year Richards didn't get it until about 3/4 of the way through the year.

They'll have time to mesh, and they'll be fine. 95% of the tea is the same exact team. It's just working in the other pieces.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:26 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Typical Rangers game.

Terrible PP
Lucky goal against

Stepan needs some serious work. The guy is just a flat out disgrace out there sometimes.

It's only Game 1 but that was dreadful. I watched nearly every game today. Nobody looked as bad as we did.
I assume Detroit did but only because Lundqvist was great. Game should have been 6-1. Embarrassing. All the hype and the talk for naught. The team embarrassed themselves on the ice tonight.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:28 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I assume Detroit did but only because Lundqvist was great. Game should have been 6-1. Embarrassing. All the hype and the talk for naught. The team embarrassed themselves on the ice tonight.
None of the hype and talk said "The Rangers are among the favorites to win their first game of the season."

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote