HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

#1 Devils vs Islanders: First of the Year PART II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2013, 08:51 PM
  #401
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Why is this a question?
You never know if he'll package him with a defenseman. Hey, at least I didn't say Larsson.

Oroku Saki* is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:53 PM
  #402
Semak
Moderator
_______________
 
Semak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Osaka, Japan
Country: Japan
Posts: 8,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 View Post
You never know if he'll package him with a defenseman. Hey, at least I didn't say Larsson.
Gotta be a great trade with bad wing depth in the organization.

Semak is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:54 PM
  #403
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!
 
glenwo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,422
vCash: 500
Volchie, with all due respect, there's no way Lou trades his draft pick RIGHT AFTER drafting him.

Especially after he impressed tonight.

glenwo2 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:54 PM
  #404
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
Gotta be a great trade with bad wing depth in the organization.
That's what I'd be assuming. Tallinder/Volchenkov are not going to bring back that good of a player.

Oroku Saki* is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:56 PM
  #405
Team Concept
Registered User
 
Team Concept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Wingdale, New York
Country: United States
Posts: 877
vCash: 500
Minnesota Wild down 1-0 after 1 with both Parise and Suter a -1.

Team Concept is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:57 PM
  #406
Semak
Moderator
_______________
 
Semak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Osaka, Japan
Country: Japan
Posts: 8,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 View Post
That's what I'd be assuming. Tallinder/Volchenkov are not going to bring back that good of a player.
You just don't want Voltron gone

It's cool, I got your back.

Semak is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:58 PM
  #407
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta
 
Traitor Zach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northeast
Country: United States
Posts: 2,341
vCash: 500
Tallinder/Volchenkov with their age/limitations aren't bringing back much of anything. Probably a draft pick and marginal prospect.

Traitor Zach is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:59 PM
  #408
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Rocky Point
Country: United States
Posts: 24,130
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor Zach View Post
Tallinder/Volchenkov with their age/limitations aren't bringing back much of anything. Probably a draft pick and marginal prospect.
Which is why we need a "Bergfors".

Oroku Saki* is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 08:59 PM
  #409
kiwidevil
____________________
 
kiwidevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,199
vCash: 500
Great game by Tedenby. Most of the D were really good again, as was Marty. Some good pressure by all lines at times.

Oh and Elias gave me PIM for fantasy. haha

kiwidevil is online now  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:06 PM
  #410
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!
 
glenwo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,422
vCash: 500
LOU WILL *NOT* TRADE MYTOE AT THIS POINT.

He would have to be blown away(Bobby Ryan or something absurd) to do that.

If he traded the kid, he would be ADMITTING that he may have made a mistake which Lou does not.

glenwo2 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:08 PM
  #411
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus
 
NJDevilsZG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
Devils win!
Hockey's back!

Welcome back, sleepless nights

Devils win, Rangers loose ... Season started properly

NJDevilsZG is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:09 PM
  #412
tycobb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,761
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
LOU WILL *NOT* TRADE MYTOE AT THIS POINT.

He would have to be blown away(Bobby Ryan or something absurd) to do that.

If he traded the kid, he would be ADMITTING that he may have made a mistake which Lou does not.
Why would he be admitting a mistake? Lou should trade anyone if they offer more than they are worth.

tycobb is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 09:13 PM
  #413
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!
 
glenwo2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New Jersey(No Fanz!)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb View Post
Why would he be admitting a mistake? Lou should trade anyone if they offer more than they are worth.
That's why I said it would have to be an absurd offer.

Absurd Offer = "Offer more than they are worth"

glenwo2 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 10:03 PM
  #414
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tretyak 20 View Post
Good game. Liked how Matteau played. Thought Tedenby had a solid game.
I thought Matteau did well in his first game. Tedenby had a few adventures defensively, but he created chances and drew a penalty. No complaints from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 View Post
Hmm..does Lou trade Matteau if he continues to impress?
Seems way too early to be asking this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov28 View Post
Which is why we need a "Bergfors".
Tedenby fits that role much better than Matteau does. Been in the organisation forever, finally gets a shot, hits a hot streak, and then gets traded at the peak of his value. If that's the narrative, then Tedenby is more likely to be that guy.

Saugus is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 10:11 PM
  #415
NJDFan4Life
Registered User
 
NJDFan4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,032
vCash: 500
Devils win, Flyers & Rangers lose. This season has started off great. On a more serious note our youngsters really impressed me tonight especially Josefson thought he was very solid in the offensive and defensive zone for us tonight. Tedenby had some good chances and a breakaway he should of scored on but looked solid and seems to be getting better and better with every oppurtunity he gets. As for our rookie Matteau this kid played a great game tonight. He is very solid and had some good chances and could of scored a few goals tonight. If tonight was any indication I like our future down the road with these young guns hopefully being apart of it.

NJDFan4Life is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 10:16 PM
  #416
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I thought Matteau did well in his first game. Tedenby had a few adventures defensively, but he created chances and drew a penalty. No complaints from me.



Seems way too early to be asking this.



Tedenby fits that role much better than Matteau does. Been in the organisation forever, finally gets a shot, hits a hot streak, and then gets traded at the peak of his value. If that's the narrative, then Tedenby is more likely to be that guy.
I love Boo, but I fear this is what will happen. I hope he does good if he stays or does end up getting traded.
Hopefully another Kovy-type trade if it's the latter. (Ryan )

Devilsfan92 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 10:18 PM
  #417
devilsblood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieharddevilsfan30 View Post
Devils win, Flyers & Rangers lose. This season has started off great. On a more serious note our youngsters really impressed me tonight especially Josefson thought he was very solid in the offensive and defensive zone for us tonight. Tedenby had some good chances and a breakaway he should of scored on but looked solid and seems to be getting better and better with every oppurtunity he gets. As for our rookie Matteau this kid played a great game tonight. He is very solid and had some good chances and could of scored a few goals tonight. If tonight was any indication I like our future down the road with these young guns hopefully being apart of it.
Not to mention Henrique, Larsson, and the plethora of young D men we have in the wings.

devilsblood is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 10:18 PM
  #418
DevilsAnimal*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Why the hell are we talking about trading Matteau? he's only 18, for ****s sakes

DevilsAnimal* is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 10:29 PM
  #419
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAnimal View Post
Why the hell are we talking about trading Matteau? he's only 18, for ****s sakes
No idea. Maybe the same reason someone was talking about trading Larsson earlier today.

Saugus is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 10:33 PM
  #420
Devils Trap
Cory's Better
 
Devils Trap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country:
Posts: 23,515
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan92 View Post
I love Boo, but I fear this is what will happen. I hope he does good if he stays or does end up getting traded.
Hopefully another Kovy-type trade if it's the latter. (Ryan )
Ryan ??? Pssht I want his linemate Perry

Devils Trap is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.