HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12'/13' Draft Thread: Something, Something... SETH JONES!

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 05:23 PM
mapes

vCash: 500
Drouin another 2 points, 57 points in 28 games now, tied with Nate in points in 6 less games

Old
01-19-2013, 05:31 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Drouin another 2 points, 57 points in 28 games now, tied with Nate in points in 6 less games
Drouin looks real dangerous. Fast as all get out.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinnishKulemin View Post
I've definitely become more and more interested as the season went on (and I was interested before the season began). Dude's got so much raw potential. I'm definitely a bigger fan of him than Kujawinski. I have this bad feeling that Kujawinski is just going to be one of those guys that teases with his potential, always tantalizing enough to keep you hoping he breaks out. But I have this feeling he never will. Give me Bailey.

And Laurent Dauphin. Oh boy am I a fan. Late addition to the top prospect game, and first star of the game. Guy is going to be a player.
I know a scout that has Justin Bailey as high as mid first rd right now, I doubt he drops below the first rd. High end potential, size, good genes, really a solid pick. Very respectful of Lafontaine and Barnaby, 2 of his mentors. I would be surprised the Sabres would let this guy slide past them. I think he can be a dominant player if he ever reaches his potential. Much more attractive than a player like Domi or Horvat IMHO.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:28 PM
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs

I see a guy like Nichuskin falling due to the Russian factor he's a guy if the leafs pick between 8-13 if he's on the board he has to be your pick.

Also I feel the using later picks on the following 2 will be a great idea: Marko Dano and Taylor Cammarata

Last edited by LolungoReboundo: 01-20-2013 at 02:41 AM.
Old
01-20-2013, 03:12 PM
LeafDangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolungoReboundo View Post
I see a guy like Nichuskin falling due to the Russian factor he's a guy if the leafs pick between 8-13 if he's on the board he has to be your pick.

Also I feel the using later picks on the following 2 will be a great idea: Marko Dano and Taylor Cammarata
Would absolutely love using a pick on Cammarata. Right up there with Drouin skill wise. Size and skating are his issues.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:25 PM
leugangen

Quote:
Agree 100%. Look at Tarasenko - fell because of Russian factor, and he has dominated the KHL and had one of the better NHL debuts I have ever seen.

I would love to pull a Buffalo and nab two picks close to each other and take two centres/forwards if we are in that ~10 range. Nichushkin and Erne/Duclair/Gauthier. I am really high on Nichushkin personally.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:30 PM
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
Agree 100%. Look at Tarasenko - fell because of Russian factor, and he has dominated the KHL and had one of the better NHL debuts I have ever seen.

I would love to pull a Buffalo and nab two picks close to each other and take two centres/forwards if we are in that ~10 range. Nichushkin and Erne/Duclair/Gauthier. I am really high on Nichushkin personally.
I like Nichuskin as well but he is a boom bust kind of player. He has some great raw skill but there's tunnel vision issues and a bit of hockey IQ issues that can be fixed if you watch his game.
The leafs could totally suck ass this year and grab one of the top 5 but I see them being the typical leafs and getting somewhere between 8-13. If that's the case I would be hoping for any of the following: Pulock, Morrissey, Shinkaruk, Nichuskin and Zadorov. All of these kids are oozing potential.

TBH as much as we need a game breaking forward getting one of the first round defenders this year would not bother me because this teams defensive depth could become one of the best in the league.

If the leafs are middle of the pack near the deadline or tanking then I wouldn't opposed to moving pieces like macarthur for a 1st. That would give us a pick in the 19-30 range which has some intriguing players with my favourites: Bailey, Gauthier and JT Compher.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:33 PM
leugangen

Quote:
I like Nichuskin as well but he is a boom bust kind of player. He has some great raw skill but there's tunnel vision issues and a bit of hockey IQ issues that can be fixed if you watch his game.
The leafs could totally suck ass this year and grab one of the top 5 but I see them being the typical leafs and getting somewhere between 8-13. If that's the case I would be hoping for any of the following: Pulock, Morrissey, Shinkaruk, Nichuskin and Zadorov. All of these kids are oozing potential.

TBH as much as we need a game breaking forward getting one of the first round defenders this year would not bother me because this teams defensive depth could become one of the best in the league.

If the leafs are middle of the pack near the deadline or tanking then I wouldn't opposed to moving pieces like macarthur for a 1st. That would give us a pick in the 19-30 range which has some intriguing players with my favourites: Bailey, Gauthier and JT Compher.
We should start taking chances on boom/bust players and give them time to develop. When there is a player with as much skill as Nichushkin still on the board, you take that chance.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:39 PM
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs

Quote:
We should start taking chances on boom/bust players and give them time to develop. When there is a player with as much skill as Nichushkin still on the board, you take that chance.
I agree with you on this.

This draft is turning into quite a deep and talented class.

I would like the leafs to draft any of the following later on: Dano, Cammarata, Bjorkstrand, Klimchuk, Comrie, M. Muller and Slepyshev

Old
01-20-2013, 06:43 PM
leugangen

Quote:
I agree with you on this.

This draft is turning into quite a deep and talented class.

I would like the leafs to draft any of the following later on: Dano, Cammarata, Bjorkstrand, Klimchuk, Comrie, M. Muller and Slepyshev
Yeah I'd take a chance on Slepyshev for sure. Also like Bjorkstrand and Cammarata.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

man cammaratta just oozes talent it's not even funny.

01-20-2013, 08:56 PM
leugangen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
How have you seen him play if he is in the USHL?

Old
01-20-2013, 09:50 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
barely but when i did i was in awe.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:10 PM
LolungoReboundo
LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs

Quote:
I've watched him play I keep a track on Waterloo games. He has a great game his issues are his size and a little bit with his skating but his skating can be fixed. He seems to know and see the play before it develops.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:51 PM
Ramboshaw

So I realize that Nicholas Petan of the Portland Winterhawks is basically Frodo The Hobbit BUT what do you guys honestly think of him? He is putting up friggin insane numbers and a kid that I see as a very boom/bust prospect.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

the more i think about it the more I feel like monahan is going to drop a bit in the rankings.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
I've watched him play I keep a track on Waterloo games. He has a great game his issues are his size and a little bit with his skating but his skating can be fixed. He seems to know and see the play before it develops.
to cut it short his skill is just insane.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Lebanese Leaf

I noticed Curtiz Lazar is now being mocked at 29 according to http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

What happened? This guy was a top 10 pick not too long ago.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:36 AM
Terrence
Registered Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
I noticed Curtiz Lazar is now being mocked at 29 according to http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Hasn't shown the offensive upside that he did in the 2012 WHL Playoffs.

01-21-2013, 10:50 AM
S2S
Come at me bros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post

He would be someone I would love to target if we had a second 1st. Use the first pick on the higher ranked centres then take Lazar. Like what Buffalo did with Grig and Girg.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:58 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
the more i think about it the more I feel like monahan is going to drop a bit in the rankings.
why? if he wasn't suspended for 10 games on his current point pace he'd be 5th in OHL scoring playing for one of the worst CHL teams in the league.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

I love players who fall lol. Prime opportunity to pick up a star in the second round.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Another player Im keeping an eye on is Connor Hurley. Centre who seems to have a ton of skill, but hasnt filled out yet. Seems to be ranked around the 2nd or 3rd round at the moment, but could shoot up as the draft gets closer.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
Has there been any player who was ranked high, for example, in the top 10, who fell into say the 2nd round, and proceeded to make scouts\teams regret that decision?

I can't think of any.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post
Has there been any player who was ranked high, for example, in the top 10, who fell into say the 2nd round, and proceeded to make scouts\teams regret that decision?

I can't think of any.
The most recent example I can think of is Brandon Saad.

Closed Thread