Started with an excellent first period, unfortunate to not be leading. Carried the play and looked sharp. First couple shifts of the 2nd were good, then the counter-attack goal to make it 3-2 and the wheels completely come off. Utterly horrible performance beyond that point.
- Sedins started well, then disappeared along with the rest of the team. Burrows was invisible aside from one rush in the early 2nd period.
- 2nd line is the 4th line. Thought Raymond actually looked OK in limited minutes. Kassian was a total non-factor and Ebbett ditto. Ridiculous that Schroeder isn't dressed after the chemistry shown with Raymond in the scrimmages.
- 3rd line had some moments. Hansen and Higgins looked OK.
- 4th line probably the biggest positive. Weise looked fast and confident and might have been our best forward tonight. Volpatti had a good, physical game as well. Malhotra, sadly, picked up right where he left off last season.
- Hamhuis-Bieksa had an excellent first period ... then were a trainwreck the rest of the way. Ugh. Supposed to be leaders, and these guys folded mentally more than anyone else.
- Garrison was probably the other big positive tonight. Looked good, as advertised. Solid signing. Edler was in-and-out but not bad.
- Ballard still sucks. Two blown coverages on the 3 goals to start the 2nd period. Tanev looked good but was saddled with a dog of a partner.
- PK dreadful. Looked like it hadn't been practiced at all.
Goaltending obviously the big storyline. Schneider wasn't very good, obviously. He'll be fine. But this situation really, really needs to be resolved.
Team looked very unprepared past the first 20 minutes. Need to get up to speed, and quickly.