HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Leafs 2 - 1 Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 11:32 PM
sammy d

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Therrien was the best coach available at the time when he hired him.
Hahahahahahahah, are you serious????

He was the best coach available that fit the number 1 criteria, that is, he can speak French.

So basically by needing the new coach to speak French you basically are eliminating about 85% of all available candidates.

So Therrien is the best coach available who speaks French, if we include all candidates he would be lucky to make top ten.

Nothing like handicapping ourselves when picking a new coach.

Do we want the best man for the job or do we want a French coach that can explain, in French, to the media why we lost another game.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahad203 View Post
Then you can add him to the list.

As much as Leafs have a bleak future, the Habs don't have a bright one either based on that argument

Only thing Habs have, is Price and I am envious of them because of him. Top 5 goalie in the league. Gives them a chance to win every game.

Other than that, they are an AHL team. They showed that last year and they showed in this game. Let's face reality for a second.
Just a bunch of chopped liver... *cough*pacioretty*cough*plekanec*cough*subban

Old
01-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post

He was the best coach available that fit the number 1 criteria, that is, he can speak French.

So basically by needing the new coach to speak French you basically are eliminating about 85% of all available candidates.

So Therrien is the best coach available who speaks French, if we include all candidates he would be lucky to make top ten.

Therrien was pretty much the worst available coach even among French guys. It was an absolutely baffling decision

Old
01-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
This is a borderline xenophobic comment...
no its not. Therrien is not qualified to be an NHL coach and was clearly hired strictly because he can speak French. The team owner has all but said that in public too.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:41 PM
niftymove

Reading the posts on this thread, I would only say: Relax guys!

We already knew the issue before the game starts: weaker team on paper, new coaching staff, new system, short training camp, no prep games....what were you expecting??? Really???

Actually, we were lucky to play against the Leafs as opener!

Reality check: Sad but Chucky would prolly needs more than five games to figure it out (remembers me a lot of Lafleur in his first games). I'm afraid his 6th next will be in Sarnia. Too bad cause his game is so much better than what he showed tonite....

Old
01-19-2013, 11:44 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by denidd View Post
Reading the posts on this thread, I would only say: Relax guys!

We already knew the issue before the game starts: weaker team on paper, new coaching staff, new system, short training camp, no prep games....what were you expecting??? Really???

Actually, we were lucky to play against the Leafs as opener!

Reality check: Sad but Chucky would prolly needs more than five games to figure it out (remembers me a lot of Lafleur in his first games). I'm afraid his 6th next will be in Sarnia. Too bad cause his game is so much better than what he showed tonite....
I don't get it. I'm relaxed. This just isn't a very good team. I knew this going in.

They basically told us this themselves in the summer when they attempted to improve a last place team with Prust (who I like), Armstrong and Bouillon.

Let's be serious.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:48 PM
prairie hab

Now I remember why I hardly post here any more.

Talk about over-reaction.

One game. EVERYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN COULD FIGURE OUT THAT WE WOULD WITNESS A BAD HOCKEY GAME TONIGHT. One week of training camp with a new coach, new systems, new players, an 18 year old rookie, and a lot of left-over garbage from the Gauthier era.

This board never changes: FIRE THE COACH! WE ARE TOO SMALL! PRICE HAS TO STEP UP! WE HAVE NO IDENTITY!

Give it time FFS.

Names like Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Tinordi, Subban, Price, and Collberg should help you realize that some temporary pain will be worth some long-term success.

Fickle is many a Hab fan these days........

Old
01-19-2013, 11:51 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Habs we're not prepared. This isn't about quality of coaching or talent level, we just weren't in the rhythm. Next game, maybe we'll be prepared but still suck but until then, let's be reasonable. This team is better than they showed tonight. I think habs won't make playoffs unless they get hot within first 10 games but apart from that, meh, 1 game.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:51 PM
Drmckool
Truculence!

It's nights like this that make me miss living in MTL.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy d View Post

Do we want the best man for the job or do we want a French coach that can explain, in French, to the media why we lost another game.
I would be curious to see your top ten.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:54 PM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

vCash: 250
Therrien has a tough job look at our roster and you would understand the fact is if we had the best coach available we still won't make the playoffs besides we all like makinnon drouin an jones right?

Old
01-19-2013, 11:56 PM
dutchy29

I totally agree with this observation. Without another consistent top 6, I really think our scoring is going to be last in the league. We need PK for puck movement and energy.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:58 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Therrien has a tough job look at our roster and you would understand the fact is if we had the best coach available we still won't make the playoffs besides we all like makinnon drouin an jones right?
2015-2016 D

Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Jones
Gorges-Emelin

Nice!

Old
01-20-2013, 12:01 AM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
2015-2016 D

Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Jones
Gorges-Emelin

Nice!
Jones would also be my first choice huge fan of him if we are going to suck hopefully we are really bad but at the same time I want to watch entertaining hockey. Win or lose I am still watching this team

Old
01-20-2013, 12:03 AM
FreakyFish

Beaulieu won't be ready next year...

Markov-Subban
Tinordi-Gorges
Emelin-Diaz

Still solid D

Old
01-20-2013, 12:04 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

So, apparently snowing goalies is a misconduct now.
News to me.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:11 AM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
no its not. Therrien is not qualified to be an NHL coach and was clearly hired strictly because he can speak French. The team owner has all but said that in public too.
He was the best candidate english and french at that moment. If you think not, then who was it?

Old
01-20-2013, 12:13 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
He was the best candidate english and french at that moment. If you think not, then who was it?
Whether he was the best candidate is up for debate. I made it clear that I'm not a fan of his, but once the hiring is done, I try to support whoever it is.

Having said that, the pool of coaching candidates was rather weak last year, in either language... which I also said many times before.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:15 AM
PricerStopDaPuck
#PrayForBozon

We can re hire a different coach in 2 years when we might be a contender at this point it doesn't matter who the coach is we aren't a playoff team this year doubt we even have a chance slipping into the 8 spot.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:16 AM
habscup

Quote:
Larry Robinson.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:22 AM
pachorella

looks like JM/darche...RC/blunden....MT/bouillon
i felt like the players wanted so badly to show the fans that this year's team is more physical/tougher and in a lot situations they played the man instead of the puck which caused the inefficient forecheck.
Regarding the D: markov was good, emelin was average some nice body checks but looked lost and out of position, diaz corrected kaberle's mistakes but they were meh together but a million time better then gorges/bouillon
alex27 had a decent game, but u can feel this kid is special, i haven't made a personal verdict about him in terms of sending him back to the juniors, i would like to watch the 4 games , right now I am tending towards juniors because in general thats what i believe is better in order to absorb the pressure in montreal.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:24 AM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
So, apparently snowing goalies is a misconduct now.
News to me.
There were no misconducts assessed in this game.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:28 AM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Now I remember why I hardly post here any more.

Talk about over-reaction.

One game. EVERYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN COULD FIGURE OUT THAT WE WOULD WITNESS A BAD HOCKEY GAME TONIGHT. One week of training camp with a new coach, new systems, new players, an 18 year old rookie, and a lot of left-over garbage from the Gauthier era.

This board never changes: FIRE THE COACH! WE ARE TOO SMALL! PRICE HAS TO STEP UP! WE HAVE NO IDENTITY!

Give it time FFS.

Names like Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Tinordi, Subban, Price, and Collberg should help you realize that some temporary pain will be worth some long-term success.

Fickle is many a Hab fan these days........
LOL and this is why I only read this page of a 15-page (and counting) assessment of tonight's game. I've decided that is enough reading on the topic, and look forward to the next game

Old
01-20-2013, 12:29 AM
FreakyFish

Whats Therrien biggest problem?

Old
01-20-2013, 12:36 AM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Quick thoughts:
-Top6 were very rusty, not the end of the world.
-Next game try:
Pac-Plek-Gio
Gally-DD-Cole

-4th line looks fantastic loved their jump.
-Boullion wasn't that bad and kaberle needs to step it up in the Ozone.
-Price was fine
-We need a better idea on how to enter the zone. Leafs just laid back and let us dump the puck to them. We need to use our skill. Seemed like RC was still behind the bench.
-Markov looked a bit slower, but still very solid, loved seeing his passing again
-I think the chemistry will come after a few games
-discipline needs to be addressed
-we didn't give up anything 5on5 and the GWG was off a BS penalty.
-though Gally was meh, I think he'll start producing when the vets make some space for him, I'm not worried.

I don't expect us to make the playoffs, but I do think this team will be better after a while to gel. Tonight, at the very least, we saw our depth guys show us how they can effect our game. I thought we had physicality and energy, just no rhythm or chemistry to do anything with it. All nerves tonight.
All in all disappointing but the result wasn't awful and it is simply rust keeping this team from meeting its potential (even if that potential is 9th or worse)

Everyone go to sleep and dream of a signed PK Subban

Closed Thread