HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #1! - Canucks vs. Ducks - part 2 - New Season, Same Canucks

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 01:49 AM
Canadian Chris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Totally beat you to the Steve weeks pic!!

Old
01-20-2013, 01:51 AM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan View Post
Couple players I know, one former one current... I know no one believes me and that's cool... I just know he ran his course and tonight was the players telling GMMG he should not have re-upped the coach.
I believe you. I also believe that the players tuned him out last season. It was quite apparent after that horrendous last half of the season and playoffs, yet MG still re-signed AV. So puzzled by that. The only reason why I think he re-signed AV is because there weren't that many great candidates out there. As soon as a better coach becomes available, I do feel AV will be gone sooner rather than later.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:52 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
He said on after hours tonight that he didn't say anything to them because they're a veteran bunch and can work it out themselves.
So he let them process it tonight and goes over the tapes, then goes over the game with them the next day etc

Old
01-20-2013, 01:52 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Couple players I know, one former one current... I know no one believes me and that's cool... I just know he ran his course and tonight was the players telling GMMG he should not have re-upped the coach.
You can't honesty believe they collectively **** the bed on purpose to send a message.

Why not get the captain to just talk to Gillis if they're all on the same page?

Old
01-20-2013, 01:53 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
The Canucks crapped the bed tonight to send a message to Gillis that they wanted AV fired? Sounds legit.

Quote:
So he let them process it tonight and goes over the tapes, then goes over the game with them the next day etc
Yeah that's one approach. Personally I appreciate coaches who show energy when the team plays flat.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:53 AM
Balls Mahoney
wants more Sesito

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
You can't honesty believe they collectively **** the bed on purpose to send a message.

First Henrik would need to find a pair of balls and then he'd need to find a spine.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:54 AM
Catamarca Livin

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Man - what a mess. Probably would have been better to start on the road and play a tight defensive style. Every time they opened it up seemed like they got burned.

Lots of mistakes all the way around but some players really had tough time.

Schnieder - not ready to play. way too deep and just guessing a lot of the time. Got to hope for a bounce back soon.

Ballard - stunk. Once again showed he can't play down deep in his own zone. Just looked hopeless. Thank god for the buyout clause.

Ebbett - Awful. Anyone who thought Ebbett could play at this level needs to fess up about how off base they were. He was predictably brutal. Kuzma's in-box needs to be filled with ridicule. Ebbett is ridiculously bad and why the Canucks were concerned about losing him on waivers is brain dead. Should be out of here tonight.

Malhotra - hasn't changed and please let's not hear about his face off percent. Continually lost the puck and did nothing to follow up on or support some good work done by Weise and Volpatti. Still wants to play no contact hockey. Might be Gordon is a better player. At least he goes to the body with authority and has some degree of snot.

Hamhuis - wasn't moving like usual and creating big gaps b/w the defense and the forwards. Could say the same for others however

Thought Garrison showed well enough but not in sync with others which might be expected. Team was far too individualistic in general and tough for Garrison to get positioning correct at times.

Luongo did a good job and really couldn't be faulted on the goals.

Tanev was good but weighted down with Ballard.

I think the team has to start recognizing that all of Ebbett, Ballard, Malhotra are just no good. That's too many duds. Things are not going to suddenly change. There are no easy solutions but the team (and many fans it seems) has to take off the blinkers about these players and begin to work to change this situation. You don't want to get over-reactive but we've seen enough previous to this to know that what we saw is only a continuation of what has been going on for awhile.

Right now you should see Ballard out of the line up and replaced by probably Alberts

Malhotra out and Gordon in

Ebbett out and Schroeder in.

Let's stop BSing ourselves about these duds and start correcting the situation. These aren't perfect solutions but at least it is an attempt to address the problems
Each line had an anchor tonite For three lines it was there center. Lapierre was bad Manny is Manny Ebett was probably better than those two just overmatched. Weise and Volpatti showed energy Volpatti made a bad read going for a hit that ended up being a goal. The pp looks good. Really need Kesler back and Schoeder in Ebbets spot and Manny in the pressbox. Does anyone think anyone would pick Manny up on waivers i would say not a chance.

Old
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Total opposite of what other fans believe it the case.

If there is one thing I do know is that no one on HF knows what goes on in the dressing room or the meeting room.

Old
Smokey McCanucks

We was caught looking ahead to the hotshot youngsters from Edmonton is all, no big deal.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:55 AM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
First Henrik would never to find a pair of balls and then he'd need to find a spine.
^^^^^this

Too bad we didn't have a captain like cody hodgson.

I'm sure his dad would love to find a suitable replacement for AV. Himself.

Old
aandbreatheme

Quote:
First Henrik would never to find a pair of balls and then he'd need to find a spine.
Oh yay, you're back.

Old
Bleach Clean

Quote:
If memory serves me correctly Canucks have had a losing start to their seasons for as long as Ive watched them. Who knows why this is (maybe Luongos slow starts)and frankly its a non issue for me as long as the season overall ends well.

Whether they suck at the beginning, middle or end is largely irrelevant. Its not like they can win a whole lot more during the regular season as they have in the last two years.

As for AVs emotional response we have no idea what goes on behind the closed doors. What we do know is he will let the players work it out themselves first. Does that means he never gets involved? We have no idea.

I simply dont see more wins being eked out by having a more emotional coach.

Your assumption is that the season ends well. Further, slow starts should never be taken as a given. When you can do things to fix it, like actually prepare your team properly, which is the coach's job, you should do everything you can to do it. If that includes taking your players to task, so be it...

AV has said on many of occasion that he _relies_ on the leadership on the room more now. This signifies a hands off approach.

Emotion is part of the game. These aren't robots. You don't think getting emotional can lead to more wins, I'm saying try what you haven't likely tried because to this point what you have tried hasn't worked... for 6 years running.

Old
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
You didn't answer anything. If you can't gauge a player's game, then I'm not surprised by your reaction.

And I answered your question about laughably predictable. You also indirectly answered my question about reading comprehension.

You need to stop being so upset about one loss. It's very childish of you to try and take your frustrations out on me, but it's ok I can take it.
Upset? Umm ok....

No you did not answer my question. I asked what part was predictable, losing or getting lit up? You answered by saying....

Nothing? Aside from a completely genius comment about reading comprehension. Yeah I bow to your player evaluation abililities.

Old
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Chris View Post
Totally beat you to the Steve weeks pic!!
Damn you.

Ill see your Steve Weeks and raise you a Frank Caprice. Not only that but a Frank Caprice on the old school Shell Canucks hockey cards.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:56 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
First Henrik would need to find a pair of balls and then he'd need to find a spine.
nice.

Old
Balls Mahoney
wants more Sesito

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme View Post
Oh yay, you're back.
Please contain your excitement.

Old
Astoria
KESLERKESLERKESLER

Players just need to hire ol' Fehr to help out with AV if that's the case...

; )

Old
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:

You honeslty think this hasn't happened before? Look just leave it be... people can't handle the truth.

I think the message was sent loud and clear...

Old
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Your assumption is that the season ends well. Further, slow starts should never be taken as a given. When you can do things to fix it, like actually prepare your team properly, which is the coach's job, you should do everything you can to do it. If that includes taking your players to task, so be it...

AV has said on many of occasion that he _relies_ on the leadership on the room more now. This signifies a hands off approach.

Emotion is part of the game. These aren't robots. You don't think getting emotional can lead to more wins, I'm saying try what you haven't likely tried because to this point what you have tried hasn't worked... for 6 years running.
Yup, this approach has always pissed me off. It's like AV knows he sucks at motivating so instead of trying, he just publically states that he leaves it up to the players so that he can wash his hands clean of it and pretend like he has no responsibility for this part of the game. Saying how his job is to coach. Give me a break AV. Learn how to motivate or GTFO.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:57 AM
thecupismine

Just got back from the game. Read a little bit of the reaction here, laughed, and reminded myself that this board is as predictable as how the Canucks start every year. I didn't think the Canucks played all that badly to be honest, it just seemed that Schneider let in every scoring chance he had against him (and some weren't even scoring chances). Bad game, but he's still a great goalie and will bounce back, much like the rest of the team. The most hilarious thing is how the media will try and spin this into some sort of controversy after only one game. Too many people try to extrapolate stuff after the first game of the season and it gets funnier to watch every year as everyone always panics way too early.

There's some positives that could be talked about, but I'd rather talk about how I never want the concession food to be that cheap again. I'd gladly pay $5 for a popcorn instead of $1 if it means that I only have to wait ten minutes to get instead of thirty. Free beer was nice, but it was ridiculously flat and was just flat-out terrible.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:58 AM
canuck4life16
Shinkaruk+Henrik=!!!

vCash: 50
AV is not going anywhere we have horrible fan who think coach is the problem when he only do so much

Old
01-20-2013, 01:58 AM
Catamarca Livin

Quote:
Henrik seems like a well adjusted guy who takes responsibility for himself and would see blaming the coach for the players mistakes as feebleminded.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:59 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner View Post
Upset? Umm ok....

No you did not answer my question. I asked what part was predictable, losing or getting lit up? You answered by saying....

Nothing? Aside from a completely genius comment about reading comprehension. Yeah I bow to your player evaluation abililities.
I stated that virtually none of them played abroad. Is it that hard to understand that players would look flat after not playing for nearly 9 months? Them getting lit up was pretty predictable in my opinion. Shockingly I was correct.

You gonna be able to get that the second time I typed it?

Old
01-20-2013, 01:59 AM
Hal 9000*

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
Luongo played more time than Schneider. I think the original plan was to put Luongo against the Oilers, but if they do that now with both goalies having played equally bad, it wouldn't be good for Schneider's confidence.
However, if Schneider ***** the bed again tomorrow night...then what? I think it's better to start Lu and prepare Schneider for Wednesday.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:00 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
You honeslty think this hasn't happened before? Look just leave it be... people can't handle the truth.

I think the message was sent loud and clear...
I'm sure that its happened in the past but I doubt they're going to keep playing like this the rest of the season.

Closed Thread