HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/19/13 - 7:00PM EDT - Washington VS Tampa Bay

Old
01-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

vCash: 50

Xenophobia Catalyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:53 PM
newham89

vCash: 500
Great third period! Got a little worried at the second break but they came out flying again! No bad performances out there tonight - lets keep it up on Monday!

newham89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:53 PM
LetsNotUseNames

I found myself smiling everytime I saw Lindback stick out the big leg pad. I know it's only one game, but I really like this team.

LetsNotUseNames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:54 PM
LightningStrikes

Great game, great win!

Marty, Vinny, Conacher, Purcell had huge games. Lindback looks legit. And man, is Salo good or what? I think he's been tremendous. Brewer doubling his goal total for the Lightning in a single game was fun too.

Stammer needs to focus, though. His terrible turnover on the 4-on-4 lead to a goal against and his pass to Marty was a nice idea but that was a sure goal for him, a couple of feet alone in front of Holtby.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:54 PM
snowden
Man is matter

Nothing really to complain about. Great effort all around. All the new guys looked good. Just happy hockey is back!

snowden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:00 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Conacher 3rd star!

Old
01-19-2013, 10:01 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Stamkos looked fine to me. He didn't get a goal, but I still thought he played pretty well overall.

TBH, it's a really good thing that we can win a game w/out him scoring a goal.

- Of all the new guys, I especially liked Carle.
- Lindback looked real good (although I think he could work on his rebounds a bit)
- Vinny was a beast tonight too
- I liked what I saw from Aulie. Based off of just tonight I'd have him penciled in as the #5 dman.
- Conacher looks like he fits right in on our top 6

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:01 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

I was very impressed by Conacher today. He was buzzing the whole game.

The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:03 PM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

The biggest difference for me is that I'm not on the edge of my seat edge game wondering what's going to happen. Despite the Caps tying up the game on several occasions, I was never really worried about us not scoring again. We just look like a MUCH better team.

The Wyzerhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:40 PM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Follower of Yzlam
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 50
I loved what we saw tonight. I was the only Bolts fan in a bar full of Caps fans, and I barely made it out alive, but ya know what? This team has what it takes.

What I liked:
Our PP (Other than the first one)
Our D coverage, especially Hedman and Salo. Those two will be hard to score on all year.
We broke out really well
Marty
Connacher (Welcome to the NHL Marty Jr.)
Most of Lindback (Although I wish he would swallow the puck a bit more)
Vinny and Teddy

What I didn't Like
Too many penalties early
Stamkos played well, but I wish he would have shot the puck in the third instead of trying to give Marty the hatty
I thought our third line was largely invisible

Follower of Yzlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Drouin2Stamkos

Great game!! They started out slow with the penalties but relaxed and got more comfortable as the game wore on. Can't complain about much with them tonight. Lindback looked solid. Defense looked better than I've seen in a while. Offense generated lots of chances and capitalized on them. Conacher looked like he belonged even though he was getting thrown around out there but that's what happens when your that big out there. Like Marty he kept going. Vinny played like his old self. Carle and Salo additions were obvious in the back end. Stamkos and Purcell will bury those chances more often than not. Everything looked good. Hopefully they can keep it up for most of the season. Hockey's Back!!!

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:32 PM
dbieon12
Stamkos HOF

What happens when JT Brown returns?

dbieon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:47 PM
The YzerJesus
Turns Piss Into Wine

Marty for Richard! On pace for 96 goals

Let's be reality, he'll have to pry it from Brewer's cold, dead hands first.

Furthermore, I felt as if the Lightning, as a whole, were buzzing tonight. Vinny went beast mode tonight. Hits, a goal, major faceoff wins - he was on fire. Lindback... If he kicked his leg out, it reached the other side of the net with ease. It was reassuring to see him make some saves. He looked pretty calm out there for the most part. On his lateral movements, he should have kept his 5 hole a little more... little, but I'm sure that'll get better. Very happy with his performance tonight regardless. I was very impressed with this team tonight.

Last edited by The YzerJesus: 01-20-2013 at 12:42 AM.
The YzerJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 11:57 PM
I Am Beat You

Vinny was downright fantastic tonight. I was also impressed with Aulie. Plenty of other guys played well too, but I thought the latter exceeded expectations as much as anyone albeit in a short amount of time.

I'm thinking Bergeron gets phased out of the lineup eventually. No need for him on this team.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:18 AM
jg39
SFY is great

Great to be watching hockey again! The site says I haven't posted/signed in since June 2009; must have been a decent game to get me back!! FWIW...

-Great to see Tampa start the year off with a strong 3rd period. The late goal in the 2nd could have caused issues in the 3rd, but Tampa came out strong and took advantage of the PP opportunities.

-Conacher had a seriously good debut. Great to see someone who really produced in the AHL show why he earned a roster spot.

-3 for 7 on the PP is fantastic. I'm ok with TB staying at 43% on the PP all year.

-Eric Brewer scores 2 goals, and can't even get third star. What does the guy have to do?

I can't explain the joy of watching Lightning hockey again. Starting the year 1-0 makes it that much better!!

jg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:31 AM
predfan98

Glad Lindbach did well for you guys. He was a favorite while here. I'm glad he's getting a good shot.

He rebounds more than swallows the puck. Good luck to you!

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:01 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
Glad Lindbach did well for you guys. He was a favorite while here. I'm glad he's getting a good shot.

He rebounds more than swallows the puck. Good luck to you!
Noticed that. He especially gives up rebounds on shots that come in high on him. Its not a huge knock, but its something to be aware of moving forward.

Team defense was sloppy. Whatever that **** was on goal 3 with Marty and Stammer, it needs to go away. Play smart and smart things happen.

Good stuff, keep building.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:01 AM
MattM92

Just a few things I personally took from today's game:

-Lindback started off pretty shaky but settled in about halfway through. The only thing I'd say he REALLY needs to work on is his rebound control. He doesn't have to swallow everything up, but there were a few BAD rebounds that just bounced straight into the slot.

-Stamkos played an ok game overall. Picked up a couple of assists on the PP, but looked a little lost at times IMO. I think he just needs to shake off the rust.

-Conacher, Vinny and Purcell looked incredible! Conacher was flying around and getting into passing lanes really well and he even created Marty's first goal with a sweet poke. Vinny was in beast mode for sure. If this is the Vinny we get all year then we will be scary good offensively. Purcell was his normal self, flying up the wing and feathering a nice pass right into the slot for a perfect one-timer.

-Our PP looked great (besides the first one). Still need to work a bit on entering the zone and getting set up, but once we do I noticed some great cycling and passing.

-Brewer, Hedman, Salo, Carle and Aulie were very impressive and I didn't notice Bergeron do anything to make us lose. My only complaint was with...

-...Brian Lee. He looked awful tonight. Dumb passes and mediocre defense, a brutal combination. In my opinion, the only negative on the team today.

I felt that overall it was a great game between two teams who were pretty sloppy and trying to shake off the rust. Excited to see how good this team can get once we get rolling

Last edited by MattM92: 01-20-2013 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Typo
MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:24 AM
Glide5

That was a damn good looking game. When your biggest issue is that your third line defenseman had a crap game (Lee made a lot of mistakes, but I think he will sort it out) you have little too worry about. The team looked like it was ready to go this year, unlike last year. This team has the energy that was missing from last year.

The new guys were simply excellent. All of them. They all fit the system, and look like great pick-ups and add ins. Conacher will get all of the attention, but Carlo and Salo really have changed the way the defense feels. Not to mention Lindback seems legit. He needs to grow some more, but his upside seems far better than his downside. You no longer expect to get scored on every time the oppenet touches the puck at least. haha

And I am kinda happy that Stamkos didn't score. It showed that the Bolts arent one dimensional like last year. Its a really good sign i think.

More importantly, are there any videos of Vinny's hit? I didnt see it, but it sounded like it was a nasty hit.

Glide5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:48 AM
LightningStrikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glide5 View Post
That was a damn good looking game. When your biggest issue is that your third line defenseman had a crap game (Lee made a lot of mistakes, but I think he will sort it out) you have little too worry about. The team looked like it was ready to go this year, unlike last year. This team has the energy that was missing from last year.

The new guys were simply excellent. All of them. They all fit the system, and look like great pick-ups and add ins. Conacher will get all of the attention, but Carlo and Salo really have changed the way the defense feels. Not to mention Lindback seems legit. He needs to grow some more, but his upside seems far better than his downside. You no longer expect to get scored on every time the oppenet touches the puck at least. haha

And I am kinda happy that Stamkos didn't score. It showed that the Bolts arent one dimensional like last year. Its a really good sign i think.

More importantly, are there any videos of Vinny's hit? I didnt see it, but it sounded like it was a nasty hit.
I can't find it anywhere. Hillen is just 5'9 and 190 so Vinny sent him flying into the boards, both went down but Hillen got the worst of it (he left the game favoring his left shoulder). Let's hope he's alright.

The NHL.com game highlights only have Ovechkin's open ice hit on Conacher: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...=sb:highlights

Edit: Here it is: http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-...lecavalier-hit (CSN, video). JB calls it a "dirty check from Vincent Lecavalier".

Last edited by LightningStrikes: 01-20-2013 at 02:55 AM.
LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:01 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
I can't find it anywhere. Hillen is just 5'9 and 190 so Vinny sent him flying into the boards, both went down but Hillen got the worst of it (he left the game favoring his left shoulder). Let's hope he's alright.

The NHL.com game highlights only have Ovechkin's open ice hit on Conacher: http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...=sb:highlights

Edit: Here it is: http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-...lecavalier-hit (CSN, video). JB calls it a "dirty check from Vincent Lecavalier".
Oh nice, I was looking for it too. I don't think it was dirty, Vinny put his shoulder into him and Hillen in smaller. That about sums it up.

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:17 AM
Dave C

So annoyed with Gamecentre. They blacked the game out even though it wasn't shown live in the UK. Then with scores switched off it still shows the scores!!

Sounded like a great game though. I've only been able to watch the highlights. Hopefully I'll have better luck on Monday.

Dave C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:07 AM
B2k3
#Yzerteam

So... I don't know if this was something they did back in Nashville, but when Lindback made that nice glove save they starting playing "Lean back"

Just when you think they couldn't top Limp Bizkit when Roloson made a save, haha

B2k3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:21 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbieon12 View Post
What happens when JT Brown returns?
Nothing this season. When he gets back to 100% he should stay in Syracuse. If a spot ever becomes available due to injury or whatever, I can't see him being the callup.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote