HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Murray for Tarasenko=

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 12:54 AM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Murray for Tarasenko=

Columbus has prospect/young player depth at all positions except sniping. I can't think of one legitimate high end sniper in the system or on the roster. Tarasenko is such a player and would fit well with their large Russian contingent. Murray is good but even without him Columbus is stacked on defense and could have a pretty good top 6 with Savard and Moore on the bottom pairing.

Murray could be a high end answer to Pietrangelo's long term partner, which I assume St. Louis would want more than scoring depth since they're already pretty loaded on offense and even without Tarasenko have Rattie, Jaskin, etc in the system.

So would Murray for Tarasenko+ (not very big +) make sense? I think Tarasenko would be added to since he's 2 years older and plays the less important position.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:57 AM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
St. Louis isn't the team adding.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:58 AM
SportsProsperity

CLB would have to add more to get this deal done. Murray dislocated his shoulder a couple of months ago.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:05 AM
Halpysback

Would St. Louis be interested in the offseason perhaps, since Murray won't be in the NHL this year?

Old
01-20-2013, 01:08 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsProsperity View Post
CLB would have to add more to get this deal done. Murray dislocated his shoulder a couple of months ago.
His dislocation shouldn't in any way impact his play or value in the future.

I think this thread was made simply because Tarasenko had a 2 goal game.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:09 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
ha Tara aint going no where

Old
01-20-2013, 01:12 AM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Columbus can tell you all about a Russian prospect scoring a bunch of goals in his first game

Old
01-20-2013, 01:14 AM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Murray for Tarasenko+
Not tonight .

Old
01-20-2013, 01:17 AM
stlblues9

vCash: 50
The Blues fan base has been extremely excited for him to come over since he was drafted. He plays one game for them and completely lives up to the hype. There is absolutely no way he is getting traded right now, especially for any other rookie.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:22 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Even if you set aside the fact that Tarasenko's two goal game means that any trade suggestion will not be considered rationally, I can't see St. Louis going for this. They've kind of been waiting for a top-end scoring talent, and the search for a Pietrangelo partner hasn't exactly slowed them down yet.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
01-20-2013, 01:22 AM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Look at what the Blues weakness was last season it was not defense. St Louis was towards the bottom of the league in goals scored.

The Blues aren't trading Tarasenko. He was a top player in the KHL last season and this season. His game seems perferctly suited for the smaller ice surface as well. He's what the Blues need more then a LH defenseman.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:39 AM
lakai17

Murray +

but St.louis have no need to trade him today unless it's overpayment.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:06 AM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
His dislocation shouldn't in any way impact his play or value in the future.

I think this thread was made simply because Tarasenko had a 2 goal game.
He's missing about 6 months due to injury. Of coarse that affects his value.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:11 AM
Novacain

I'll say the same thing I said to my non Blues fan friends after his 2nd goal.

He's ours. You can't have him.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:26 AM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Fair value, but the Blues need Tarasenko more than they need Murray. He's looking like he can be that offensive game breaker they lack, they can't give him up now.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:30 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
He's missing about 6 months due to injury. Of coarse that affects his value.
Not at all.

You aren't trading for Murray for what he can do in the next 6 months. You're trading for him for what he can do in the next 10 years.

Basically think of him as being in a holding pattern. Since the draft his value has gone neither up nor down. It's simply stayed the same.

Do I think the Blues should trade Tarasenko? No. Do I think the kid who was just recently drafted 2nd overall holds more value? Yes. Do I think this thread is way too reactionary based off of 1 game? Of course. Like I said, the only reason why this thread was made was because Tarasenko scored 2 goals tonight.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:40 AM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
The one thing St. Louis was missing last year was a high-end scorer. There is absolutely no reason for the Blues to consider moving him.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
01-20-2013, 03:03 AM
Novacain

Quote:
Not at all.

You aren't trading for Murray for what he can do in the next 6 months. You're trading for him for what he can do in the next 10 years.

Basically think of him as being in a holding pattern. Since the draft his value has gone neither up nor down. It's simply stayed the same.

Do I think the Blues should trade Tarasenko? No. Do I think the kid who was just recently drafted 2nd overall holds more value? Yes. Do I think this thread is way too reactionary based off of 1 game? Of course. Like I said, the only reason why this thread was made was because Tarasenko scored 2 goals tonight.
And was, you know, the best player on the ice.

Blues fans would have said no to this a week, a month, or 6 months ago.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:45 AM
janecky

Quote:
I think that's wishful thinking. There are no guarantees with shoulder injuries. It could be just a one-off like they usually are, or it could be the start of a series (ask Calvin de Haan). Murray is still one of the elite prospects from that draft, but to say a major injury hasn't hurt his value at all simply isn't realistic, especially as those shoulders of his will take a regular beating when he starts playing with bigger boys next year. You wouldn't get optimum value for Murray in a trade right now.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:11 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

I really doubt that the Blues move Tarasenko now that they've seen what he can do for them.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Oshie97

No way are we trading anything off our roster without it being an upgrade, especially the long awaited talented player that may be the answer to our low scoring the last couple yrs. If the Blues decide to upgrade their d, it will be through prospects/picks.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:32 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 518
He's not Russian, but Chris Stewart had 2 goals last night also. We'll even add to Stewart for Murray...

Old
01-20-2013, 08:50 AM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Why am I not surprised? LOL

Cole will be fine with Pietrangelo...We don't need another elite defender.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:58 AM
TOGuy14

1. You picked a terrible time to post this thread with Tara having a huge game and Murray sitting out the season injured
2. The Blues need star forward power, which is exactly what Tarasenko is, they have no interest in moving him

Old
01-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Bluesnatic27

Quote:
Not at all.

Us Blues fans are a little weary when it comes to "elite" defenders getting an injury and it having a lasting impact on their play (Thank you Erik Johnson).

Closed Thread