HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Opening night @ Florida

Old
01-19-2013, 10:14 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
^ Did you not see what happened tonight?

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:16 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
Jordan Staal led all players with 8 hits.

Going to the main board to announce we won the trade.
Start a thread in the Pens section

Just slobber all over Staal for like ten paragraphs

Then at the end type "By the way, how is Sutter doing for you guys?"

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:16 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyduck View Post
Chantel doesn't matter (although she's a babe). Let's all talk about how bad the Canes played.

Your job is to lower expectations so that I'm extremely happy when they win a game.

Go.
We have the worst defense and PK in the league. For the Canes to make the playoffs, Ward will have to be vezina contender.

How's that for lowered expectations?

Lazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:18 PM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

The Bowman interview was pretty awkward as far as interviews go. He was one of the players who played decently in the first period and the whole time he sounded like he was on the verge of tears.

halleJOKEL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Psyduck
cephalalgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
We have the worst defense and PK in the league. For the Canes to make the playoffs, Ward will have to be vezina contender.

How's that for lowered expectations?
You could do better.

Psyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:23 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Ruutu View Post
Start a thread in the Pens section

Just slobber all over Staal for like ten paragraphs

Then at the end type "By the way, how is Sutter doing for you guys?"

Hmmm.... here's a first draft, just kinda stream of consciousness. Flexing my creative muscles. Let me know what you think.

"Canes fan coming in peace...

Just wanted to say that Jordan Staal really light it up tonight at both ends of the rink.

I knew he was always a really solid player, but MY GOD he looked incredible already.

If this is any indication of the player he is now, and still developing into, WOW!

I can totally see why a lot of pens fans were really bummed about having to give him up.

He and skinner already are showing unreal chemistry in one 5-1 exhibition game loss ( i know it was an exhibition game loss but he still hustled his ass off O & D side of the puck ) and combined for 8 hits in regulation and was probably the best rinkside analyst in the building.

Tons of people were really bummed losing Sutter, but he is quickly going to make people forget about that in the meth capital.

On top of that I really think Staal has a chance to really spread and grow his offensive abilities here in raleigh too (which I am sure he will be very happy about).

How has B. Sutter looked so far with you guys?"

Yes?

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:24 PM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

Oh, here's a doozy.

Our leading scorer is Patrick Dwyer.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:29 PM
Novacane
My Hero

Quote:
Hmmm.... here's a first draft, just kinda stream of consciousness. Flexing my creative muscles. Let me know what you think.

Just wanted to say that Jordan Staal really light it up tonight at both ends of the rink.

I knew he was always a really solid player, but MY GOD he looked incredible already.

If this is any indication of the player he is now, and still developing into, WOW!

I can totally see why a lot of pens fans were really bummed about having to give him up.

He and skinner already are showing unreal chemistry in one 5-1 exhibition game loss ( i know it was an exhibition game loss but he still hustled his ass off O & D side of the puck ) and combined for 8 hits in regulation and was probably the best rinkside analyst in the building.

Tons of people were really bummed losing Sutter, but he is quickly going to make people forget about that in the meth capital.

On top of that I really think Staal has a chance to really spread and grow his offensive abilities here in raleigh too (which I am sure he will be very happy about).

Yes?
Add in how glad you are we were able to sign him to a 10 year contract.

Novacane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:32 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:

Yes?
"Was JStaal actually this good with you guys, or was that just hype?"

PaulProteus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:28 AM
SEALBound

Quote:

Yes?
Came here to do the exact same thing.

Sutter was awesome for us today. He's everything we wanted replaced with Staal left. We are happy

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:28 AM
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk

Caniacs... whats wrong with this picture.

J. Staal 17 minutes

A. Semin 23 minutes

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:05 AM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Came here to do the exact same thing.

Sutter was awesome for us today. He's everything we wanted replaced with Staal left. We are happy
Oh, dear. Someone doesn't understand satire.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:28 AM
TheBigKahuna

Muller should have yanked Cam much earlier. Forget "feelings", you have to win, and win now!

TheBigKahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:31 AM
imayagainknowanson
Jailbait

we going nowhere with defense of corvo, mcbain, sanguinneti and harrison.

imayagainknowanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 07:37 AM
TheBigKahuna

At least we should be happy for all 1,764 Panthers fans who got to enjoy an opening night win last night!

Old
01-20-2013, 07:41 AM
halleJOKEL
strong as brickwall

They had the third highest attendance last night and the place still looked half empty.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:47 AM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanson View Post
we going nowhere with defense of corvo, mcbain, sanguinneti and harrison.
I'm very scared of this

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:02 AM
bleedgreen

Way too early to freak but the holes are obvious. We needed the Jordan staal and semin of the defenseman world. We were bad at d last year, and we didnt do much to fix that. Sangs is generally worse at d than mcbain, and Corvo's issues are pretty adequately described here over the last 12 hours.

Ward will be fine, Ellis is pretty solid. We looked better as the game went along, we obviously haven't ha time to develop chemistry. As a boychuk supporter, I thought it was totally appropriate to put bowman in his place. Boychuk looked like everyone else, bowman looked sharp and confident. Semin will be a huge plus, jstaal looked better when he started taking it to the net himself.

Better to let this one go altogether. We'll see what was nerves and what is a pattern maybe next game. Probably will take a couple weeks. We weren't the only team to fall on their face.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:18 AM
Lazyking
Never Forget

Yeah, some teams even more talented then us, looked worse so there is that haha.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:21 AM
WWAD

The Bad and the Ugly were pretty obvious, but on the positive side, there were a few bright spots.

The Good (or at the very least, mediocre)

** Ellis so far looks like an improvement over humpy-dawg.

** Our third "center" - Jussi Jokinen - was 9 for 12 on faceoffs.

** The Faulk and Pitkanen pairing was really good. Faulk is going to be a legit top d-man, and Pitkanen must have been playing somewhere during the lock-out, because, unlike the rest of the vets, his speed and timing were right on the money.

** Skinner should be back to rookie season form. After the third or fourth Panthers goal, he started trying to dipsy doodle around and do too much by himself, but at least he looks like he is fully recovered from last seasons injuries.

** Most of the AHL kids looked pretty good

WWAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:26 AM
TheBigKahuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by dins View Post
They had the third highest announced attendance last night and the place still looked half empty.

Hmmmm?

Old
01-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Psyduck
cephalalgia

The building looked sold out in the first period and half-empty in the second and third. There must be something to that.

Psyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Oenatzu
Chad-in-the-Box

Some notes:
-Florida didn't look like they got the memo to remember to look crappy for the first game of the season.
-Corvo definitely got the memo.
-Ellis was pretty good for a backup goalie.
-Chantel was pretty.
-I had no problem with her interviews after I put the broadcast on mute.
-LaRose will be back on the first line against Tampa.

#BringBackLockout

Oenatzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:04 AM
wallym

vCash: 615
Chantel will be fine. She compliments John and Tripp much better than Bob personality wise.

Re the game, outside of Estaal, Jstaal, Skinner, Sangs, Corvo, and Ward, I thought a lot of the players looked pretty sharp. But those 5 and ward have their hands in just about everything.

The good news is that the Staal's and Ward are good players and not question marks, so once they right their ships, it'll just be a question of Corvo/McBain/Sanguinnetti finding a way to amount to two serviceable dmen.

wallym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Lazyking
Never Forget

I thought Jordan Staal played decent.. He seemed to have more jump in his step then his older brother at least.