HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 03:48 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

vCash: 500
Luongo is a class act and no matter where he ends up I wish him the best. But for the comments Schneider made about Edmonton, all I have to say is ahahahahaha.

It is only one game, but implosions like that are priceless.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:51 AM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremor View Post
5chneider??? This is going to get interesting.
who gets the start against the Oilers I wonder? I don't envy the coach, no matter what the decision it will probably be the wrong one

Old
01-20-2013, 03:57 AM
RECsGuy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
The west looks tough, and not only are the Canucks not the conference's best team, but I can see them missing the playoffs altogether.
And I stand by it.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:58 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Luongo is a class act and no matter where he ends up I wish him the best. But for the comments Schneider made about Edmonton, all I have to say is ahahahahaha.

It is only one game, but implosions like that are priceless.

What did Schneider say about EDM?

Old
01-20-2013, 04:03 AM
kihei

vCash: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Lu, Schneids, Kesler and Edler for J. Bernier
Makes as much sense as most Vancouver trade proposals with goalies involved.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:05 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
And I stand by it.

I'm glad one game has made you feel that much more confident in your opinion.

History doesn't support you regardless. The Canucks have been slow starters for 6 years running, but no team has won more games over the past 4 years. We'll see who's right in the end.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:07 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
What did Schneider say about EDM?
Said no one cares about them when discussing the national media's treatment of the Canucks.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:15 AM
racerjoe

Also big thanks in all honesty to the classy leaf fans either not saying anything or admitting it was just one game. Tonight I drink or drank for you... And a terible game.

Last edited by spiny norman: 01-20-2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: not needed
Old
01-20-2013, 04:22 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Said no one cares about them when discussing the national media's treatment of the Canucks.

What does discussing EDM have to do with the national media's treatment of the Canucks? Aren't these two disparate issues? I guess I'm missing the context of the conversation...

Old
01-20-2013, 04:28 AM
Habitat

I still don't back in may when everyone said Schneider was the #1 goalie now and I still don't understand it now. I don't get how Luongo lost his job? He didn't even play bad vs the Kings the team infront of him were ****ing garbage. Luongo should still be the #1 goalie in vancouver.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:29 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
What does discussing EDM have to do with the national media's treatment of the Canucks? Aren't these two disparate issues? I guess I'm missing the context of the conversation...
Quote:
"Whatís frustrating to us is when the national media and people outside the city parachute in and form these opinions. They take things for facts that arenít really facts. If you talk to us and spend any time with us, you understand weíre good guys. Dan Hamhuis, the twins, Manny [Malhotra], Sami Salo. They play the game the right way and do great things in the community. You look around the league and people donít like us and Pittsburgh and weíre two of the better teams. You saw Darcy Hordichuk and Ben Eager in Edmonton. Nobody cares about Edmonton, so nobody hates them. Itís that simple."
http://canucksarmy.com/2012/4/13/cor...mocks-edmonton

Apology went out the next day.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:45 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post

Thanks for digging this up. Here I was thinking that was said just recently? Seems like some fans have long memories.

Schneider is talking about the villainous nature being attributed to the Canucks based on the way they play. Charron covers it in that article. Some fans (including myself) have chose to parody this perception (see sig). But regardless, it was out of line to say, despite the intention, and he apologized. Interesting that it's still held against him.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:49 AM
Urban Explorer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitat View Post
I still don't back in may when everyone said Schneider was the #1 goalie now and I still don't understand it now. I don't get how Luongo lost his job? He didn't even play bad vs the Kings the team infront of him were ****ing garbage. Luongo should still be the #1 goalie in vancouver.
They got excited over the new shiny thing. I think they have treated Lou horribly for the service he has given them. I know us leafs fans wanted to ship sundin out, but he was 40 for godsake and a forward. Lou is a 33 year old goalie who typically have longer careers. I can't believe the Cancucks brass are that stupid. I really believe I could do a better job!

Old
01-20-2013, 04:54 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Explorer View Post
They got excited over the new shiny thing. I think they have treated Lou horribly for the service he has given them. I know us leafs fans wanted to ship sundin out, but he was 40 for godsake and a forward. Lou is a 33 year old goalie who typically have longer careers. I can't believe the Cancucks brass are that stupid. I really believe I could do a better job!

Does the fact that Luongo wants to leave change anything in your "assessment"?

Old
01-20-2013, 05:02 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Edmonton was relevant when it had the worlds biggest mall.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:14 AM
RECsGuy*

Quote:
Does the fact that Luongo wants to leave change anything in your "assessment"?
If Roberto wins the starting job back, beginning with tomorrow's game vs. Edmonton, he could change his mind, if he hasn't already. Only when Schneider runs away with the No. 1 job or Luongo is repeatedly denied starts following a weak performance by Cory (anything that forces Luongo onto the bench for extended stretches) will he be public about wanting out...and probably a lot less funny/PC.

Current front-runner? Washington

Old
01-20-2013, 05:17 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
If Roberto wins the starting job back, beginning with tomorrow's game vs. Edmonton, he could change his mind, if he hasn't already. Only when Schneider runs away with the No. 1 job or Luongo is repeatedly denied starts following a weak performance by Cory (anything that forces Luongo onto the bench for extended stretches) will he be public about wanting out...and probably a lot less funny/PC.

Current front-runner? Washington

Disagree. Roberto is smart enough to know now that he's closed the door on VAN long-term. He's come out and said it's time to move on. End. Done. He will be gone. Doesn't really matter what happens here in the short term.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:24 AM
RECsGuy*

Quote:
Disagree. Roberto is smart enough to know now that he's closed the door on VAN long-term. He's come out and said it's time to move on. End. Done. He will be gone. Doesn't really matter what happens here in the short term.
If Cory makes a habit of ******** the bed the way he did in the opener, Gillis will be forced to keep Luongo, no matter what another team offers for Roberto. Wouldn't that be ironic?

Old
01-20-2013, 05:39 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
If Cory makes a habit of ******** the bed the way he did in the opener, Gillis will be forced to keep Luongo, no matter what another team offers for Roberto. Wouldn't that be ironic?

Do you mean beyond this year? There's no way Luongo is going to be retained past this year.

As it stands now, all things being equal, as soon as Gillis is able to come an agreement with another team, Luongo will be dealt.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:39 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Quote:
Thanks for digging this up. Here I was thinking that was said just recently? Seems like some fans have long memories.

Schneider is talking about the villainous nature being attributed to the Canucks based on the way they play. Charron covers it in that article. Some fans (including myself) have chose to parody this perception (see sig). But regardless, it was out of line to say, despite the intention, and he apologized. Interesting that it's still held against him.
You think fans in Edmonton like Heatley? Off ice actions and comments will always be held against players. Lindros, Messier, Schultz etc..

He was a back up goalie on a rival team making disrespectful statements about Edmonton.

Of course he isn't popular here.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:43 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
You think fans in Edmonton like Heatley? Off ice actions and comments will always be held against players. Lindros, Messier, Schultz etc..

He was a back up goalie on a rival team making disrespectful statements about Edmonton.

Aside from not being popular because he is a player on a divisional rival? Is there a Canuck that is popular out in EDM?

Did you notice that he was _responding_ to poor comments made by EDM players? That it was them that initiated the topic at hand? Obviously, he should not have gone to their level, but he did, and apologized. Did any of Whitney, Eager and/or Hordi apologize?

Old
01-20-2013, 05:44 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:

Quote:
Nobody cares about Edmonton, so nobody hates them. Itís that simple.
Hurtful.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:47 AM
RECsGuy*

Quote:
Do you mean beyond this year? There's no way Luongo is going to be retained past this year.

As it stands now, all things being equal, as soon as Gillis is able to come an agreement with another team, Luongo will be dealt.
Like it or not, Gillis will hang on to Roberto as insurance until Schneider proves he's a No. 1. Game 1 proved he isn't one yet.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:54 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Like it or not, Gillis will hang on to Roberto as insurance until Schneider proves he's a No. 1. Game 1 proved he isn't one yet.

Beyond this year? Not a chance. Luongo is gone at the end of the year regardless.

During the season is still up in the air as well. It will all come down to the return.

Schneider has been scrutinized over 8 years of development. They know what they have in him. Enough to give him his latest deal. Game 1 didn't prove anything either way, it was 1 game, time to gain some perspective.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:03 AM
RECsGuy*

Quote:
Beyond this year? Not a chance. Luongo is gone at the end of the year regardless.
Are you Vancouver's GM? Quite the arrogant one, you are.

Closed Thread