HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/19/13 "Raise The Banner" - Hurricanes VS Panthers

View Poll Results: Who will score the first Panthers goal of the season?
Weiss 3 4.23%
Fleischmann 17 23.94%
Mueller 13 18.31%
Huberdeau 31 43.66%
This completes the offensive portion of the team. 7 9.86%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 12:19 AM
Howboutthempanthers
No tanking here.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
I don't normally endorse arguing on the internet, but if any of you guys are on twitter... these guys need to be corrected.

Ugh, it never ends. People are just obsessed with South Florida sports attendance for some reason. Of course they got it all wrong by the way, as usual.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:28 AM
gizmo12688

Just got back from the arena. The players did an autograph signing outside the arena for the fans. It was packed, luckily I had a spot in front and got plenty of signatures on my mini-banner. I was so close to getting Huberdeau, but he had to go back in. He was one of the last to leave. I still grabbed Gudbranson and Versteeg though. I even asked him if I could call him "Verstache" and he smiled and said to call him whatever we want.

Great night and the place was packed in the first period. The crowd got thinner as the game went on, but you couldn't tell if you went to grab a drink.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:33 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Like the new award for player of the game.

http://www.whosay.com/floridapanthers">Florida Panthers on WhoSay</a>

Old
01-20-2013, 12:34 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

I thought I heard Goldie say there were 19,600+ in attendance tonight.

Not too shabby for a team with a bunch of "fair-weathered fans".

Old
01-20-2013, 12:36 AM
ShootIt

It was weird. Only section of the arena that wasnt full.

Glad I went to the game; other than a gaff by Caruso, could of been a shutout.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:50 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Note to all fans

Seats behind the benches at BB&T are all part of Club Red. For $16,500 you get a seat to every event at BB&T and access to the lounge/restaurant.

These will largely be corporate clients. Those seats will probably be empty more often than not as even when someone shows up, they'll probably spend much of the game at the restaurant/lounge.

This will of course make it look horrible on TV.

Yorkman.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:02 AM
p9ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Seats behind the benches at BB&T are all part of Club Red. For $16,500 you get a seat to every event at BB&T and access to the lounge/restaurant.

These will largely be corporate clients. Those seats will probably be empty more often than not as even when someone shows up, they'll probably spend much of the game at the restaurant/lounge.

Yorkman.
Should have choosed the other side.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:05 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Just got back from the game. Random thoughts...

1. Huberdeau is going to be so much fun to watch. We deserve it.

2. Did anyone else enjoy watching Huberdeau work Gretzky's office on the PP like a wiley veteran as much as I did?

3. Kovalev can stick handle in a phone booth. I don't care that he has bricks in his skates - he's dangerous enough to open space for #11. Hope he and Mueller can stay healthy.

4. Strachan had a very solid game. Would be great if he made things touch for Dineen when all the wounded return.

5. Love Hubs but Theo should have gotten first star. If he didn't stand up the way he did, that game could have easily slipped away in the second.

6. So glad they didn't have a ceremony to raise the division banner.

7. The 7th man stuff is ridiculous pandering. Does anyone actually like it?

8. The second line will not play like this all season. Need to get that first line back together and humming if we plan on making the playoffs.

9. I want to see more hitting out of that 4th line. Hope to see more physical play moving forward and looking forward to watching a larger Gudbranson unleashed on the NHL this year.

10. The drive home seems so much faster after wins....

Old
01-20-2013, 01:08 AM
gizmo12688

Quote:

2. Did anyone else enjoy watching Huberdeau work Gretzky's office on the PP like a wiley veteran as much as I did?

3. Kovalev can stick handle in a phone booth. I don't care that he has bricks in his skates - he's dangerous enough to open space for #11. Hope he and Mueller can stay healthy.

4. Strachan had a very solid game. Would be great if he made things touch for Dineen when all the wounded return.

5. Love Hubs but Theo should have gotten first star. If he didn't stand up the way he did, that game could have easily slipped away in the second.

8. The second line will not play like this all season. Need to get that first line back together and humming if we plan on making the playoffs.

9. I want to see more hitting out of that 4th line. Hope to see more physical play moving forward and looking forward to watching a larger Gudbranson unleashed on the NHL this year.

I don't think it's that bad. It was cool seeing the players all wear "7th man" jerseys during warmups and the banner wasn't a huge thing either.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:09 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
Should have choosed the other side.
It's also right at the entrance and screws up the foot traffic around the arena.

I feel badly for the die hard fans who were uprooted fom those seats.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:11 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
I don't think it's that bad. It was cool seeing the players all wear "7th man" jerseys during warmups and the banner wasn't a huge thing either.
Meh. I'm just getting old and crotchety I guess.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:17 AM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

Quote:

Agreed. I was expecting Theodore.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:43 AM
Panteras
perennial loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post

Like the new award for player of the game.

http://www.whosay.com/floridapanthers">Florida Panthers on WhoSay</a>
it's a hat, pimped by Hubs

Quote:

it's a very old ploy in the soccer world, "the 12th man", used by many die hard club fans around the world, just doesn't seem to fit into hockey or American sports....but meh, it doesn't really bother me, just thought it was funny that they put up a banner for it lol

Old
01-20-2013, 01:45 AM
gizmo12688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
it's a hat, pimped by Hubs

it's a very old ploy in the soccer world, "the 12th man", used by many die hard club fans around the world, just doesn't seem to fit into hockey or American sports....but meh, it doesn't really bother me, just thought it was funny that they put up a banner for it lol
It's better than the Celine Dion one at least

Old
01-20-2013, 02:10 AM
Vilam

Quote:

Yorkman.
That smiley sums it up perfectly. What poor planning.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:27 AM
Heimy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Jesus. I'm not gay in any way, but I'd bang Huber.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptRHGlrfc9M

Old
01-20-2013, 04:03 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Just finished watching the game.

Wow. Wow wow wow wow wow.

Now I'm not about to lose it and call us best in the East. We played well, but we also looked sloppy. Both teams did really.

We came out swinging though, a GREAT start to the season. A shot of confidence to Hubs, Kovalev, Mueller and even Upshall after a tough year last year.

Huberdeau is ridiculous. We haven't had a guy this dynamic on offense since Bure. He is the real deal. Kids going to have a wonderful career, hopefully entirely in our uniform.

Kovalev looked really good out there. As a guy who's pushing 40, his natural gift for offense is still there. Yah he's slow, but as someone pointed out, it's a nice contrast to Hubs and Mueller flying around the o-zone while he holds the anchor down. His vision is incredible.

Kuba looks terrible. My goodness he is slow. He could very easily be our worst defenseman this season. Let's just hope it's a conditioning thing.

Checking lines looked good. Good speed up the neutral zone (Matthias and Skille) and got pucks deep. Can't ask for much more.

I can say that I'm excited. I really want Goc, Bergy and Steeger back, as well as Kuli and Guds so we can see what this team has to offer. 3 full lines of offense now. I just hope injuries don't riddle us.

Let's carry this momentum into Monday night and keep these winning games going.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:44 AM
NicoSB

I just watched the condensed game and Huberdeau seemed to perform very well. I'm very excited on his future, he probably might go far

Old
01-20-2013, 06:10 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Good win.

One thing: I HATE that people are tossing rats on the ice after a regular season win. It's a playoff tradition!!

And yes that picture is take right after a start of a period, but seemed like some people left after the 1st period when we were up 4-0 Because it was packed in the 1st.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:24 AM
stonedhenge

When did you guys sign Kopitar?

Old
01-20-2013, 06:42 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedhenge View Post
When did you guys sign Kopitar?
We didnt sign Kopitar. Kopitar is still playing for the LA Kings

Old
01-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Good win.

One thing: I HATE that people are tossing rats on the ice after a regular season win. It's a playoff tradition!!

And yes that picture is take right after a start of a period, but seemed like some people left after the 1st period when we were up 4-0 Because it was packed in the 1st.
Um what? The tradition started in the regular season 95-96 and escalated through the playoffs. If the fans waited until the playoffs to throw rats, well a decade is a long time :p

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
01-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
I don't normally endorse arguing on the internet, but if any of you guys are on twitter... these guys need to be corrected.

I honestly don't understand the point of giving people those seats if they're just going to hang out in the lounge and watch the game from a tv . Thanks Yorkman

Old
01-20-2013, 09:12 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
I honestly don't understand the point of giving people those seats if they're just going to hang out in the lounge and watch the game from a tv . Thanks Yorkman
Yea, that's stupid.

But I guess for Yorkman, money from Club Red>Fans in seats.

Definite hockey man there....

Old
01-20-2013, 09:20 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
I read thru the thread this morning to see what everyone was thinking about the game and had a few thoughts I wanted to share:

1. Ellerby didnt look as bad in person as you guys were saying. He seemed to have to cover for Kuba quite a bit (including having to take a penalty just to prevent a scoring chance because of Kuba's gaffe) and played a mostly simple, stable game. IMO, he played better than Kuba, Strachan & Caruso in that game.

2. I think you guys covered the Kovalev-Mueller-Huberdeau line enough so not much I will say there. But I did notice times where yes Huberdeau was in the middle of the ice instead of the left wing. Guess its just gonna be free flowing some about where he plays at times.

3. Defense left Theo out to dry quite a few times. I know its not our normal defense but the team as a whole should've been better about helping him out. Theo definitely had an awesome night and so long as we can get him some rest throughout this yr, I think we will definitely be fine in goal.

4. While the top line didnt score, I noticed some good defensive play from them several times which is significant too. If you keep the other team's dangerous top line with 2 guys that can score at will (Eric Staal & Alex Semin) off the scoresheet, thats just as good as scoring yourself. I saw several takeaways by Weiss and he won 55% of his faceoffs so we kept control of the puck that way.

5. Coming into the arena, was anyone else annoyed how they were scanning the tickets inside instead of at the door? It seemed like a big cluster ******* doing it that way instead of the old way. It didnt save on employees and didnt save on time and wasnt better for safety. I'm definitely planning to say something to Viner about that one.

6. Matthias & Mueller kinda suck at the faceoff. Definitely feel like both would be better as wingers for sure. I knew what Colorado fans said about Mueller as center so I guess that is what they meant. But I liked the way Matthias played last night and was consistent on pressuring the puck carrier for the Canes (whoever it was).

7. Club Red...it took forever for that area to fill up but was mostly filled by game time. Later, yes it didnt look good with how many seats down low were empty. I know the team has said they've only technically sold like 50% of the Club Red seats so guess its gonna look like that most nights. I did see quite a few people sitting at like bar stools above the seats so they were still watching the game, just not in the seats. I did that at a Marlins game this past yr sitting in the 200 level, was just easier to get food & drinks throughout the game than sitting in my seat and the view was just as good. I'm gonna see if I can get a game in Club Red from work and see what its like and whether what we all assume is true (everyone just staying inside the lounge area) is actually true.

Closed Thread