HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Slovan Bratislava 2012/13 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2013, 02:19 AM
alko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Damn, I missed it. I updated my avatar as a symbolic gesture for Vis

Crowd was super loud throughout the 3rd and OT though, gotta love that crowd, it's very similiar to what we have here in WPG!
really? in Winnipeg is such good crowd?

Old
01-09-2013, 11:19 AM
ebis

KHL still hasn't added the highlights from last match so here's link to highlights from Slovan's website.

http://www.hcslovan.sk/sk/spravy/dal...ace-vitazstvo/

Old
01-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
really? in Winnipeg is such good crowd?
Yeah, Winnipeg is super unique for NHL and NA sports, it's a smaller city (just ~680K), and it's by far the smallest rink in the NHL (at just 15K), but it's sold out with a waiting list decades long for ST and the atmosphere is crazy, loud the whole game, just like in Bratislava. Helps that the NHL was away for 15 years, so people in Winnipeg do everything they can to support the team now, makes every game a huge party Big change from say Toronto where the entire lowel bowl is corporate tickets and people sit there on their blackburys and iphones all game......Best decision I ever made was to get ST for the Jets...now I hope someday I can make it back to Bratislava during hockery season to see a Slovan game, last time I was there it was like 2 days after the WC ended in 11...

The crowd and atmosphere being so awesome and so much like Winnipeg is for sure one reason I have gotten so interested in Slovan this year...also why some of my other favourite teams are Riga and Amur, but neither compare to Slovan

I'm thinking about ordering some Slovan gear, do you think they would ship to Canada from the store on their website?

Old
01-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Tatanik

Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
I'm thinking about ordering some Slovan gear, do you think they would ship to Canada from the store on their website?
I asked them if they would as I have an American friend who wanted to puck up a Visna jersey, and they answered that they delivered to international customers, so I wouldn't see why not.

Old
01-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
I asked them if they would as I have an American friend who wanted to puck up a Visna jersey, and they answered that they delivered to international customers, so I wouldn't see why not.
Sweet. I'll look into it this weekend then...not sure I can afford a jersey, but I probably only want to pay once for the shipping since I imagine it'll be pricy, so maybe a jersey + hoodie/t-shirt + hat all in one...I'll take a look...

Thinking either 17 Visnovsky, 68 Dano, or 90 Hudacek for jersey...def the blue jerseys though, way sharper looking...hmmm....decisions....

Old
01-14-2013, 05:40 AM
Kshahdoo

I assume there will be a lot of buzz in Bratislava if Slovan gets in play-off?

Old
01-15-2013, 06:14 PM
ebis

Great win today, the playoffs are getting closer and closer. Kukumberg was working his ass off, he was causing trouble for Lev everytime he was on the ice. Bakoš too.

Also, about 10k Slovan fans in the arena, it felt like a home game. Coach Čada got a bit emotional and almost broke down crying during the post-game interview

Old
01-16-2013, 02:25 AM
kajoo

have you been at game ?

game hilites here

Old
01-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Damn, no internet for the past few days, missed this game. Thanks for the highlights kajoo. Nice to see Dano get involved offensively. Always awesome to get the W versus a Czech team

Only 4w, 1otw away from 80pts with 10gp left!

It'd be awesome if Slovan could move up into 5th to play Lokomotiv/CSKA rather than Dynamo Moscow, although Dynamo does look a helluva lot weaker without Ovechkin and Backstrom leading the way (leading scorer is now Denis Kokarev with 19pts, which would be tied with Slovan leading scorers Vondrka and Miklik).

Old
01-18-2013, 12:29 AM
ebis

Quote:
Damn, no internet for the past few days, missed this game. Thanks for the highlights kajoo. Nice to see Dano get involved offensively. Always awesome to get the W versus a Czech team

It'd be awesome if Slovan could move up into 5th to play Lokomotiv/CSKA rather than Dynamo Moscow, although Dynamo does look a helluva lot weaker without Ovechkin and Backstrom leading the way (leading scorer is now Denis Kokarev with 19pts, which would be tied with Slovan leading scorers Vondrka and Miklik).
I actually think that now that the lockout is over, Dynamo would be the easier opponent.

By the way, have a look at 10 minute highlights, with Russian commentary though.

Last edited by ebis: 01-18-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old
01-18-2013, 05:29 AM
kajoo

Quote:

you´re welcome HC.

I´d take Dynamo once we make the POs.

Today Yugra Khanty-Mansijsk, game starts in 90 minutes.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:34 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Great shootout win in Omsk. Well done and Congratulations.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:42 AM
ebis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
Great shootout win in Omsk. Well done and Congratulations.
Will they ever win without drama? Great win, Omsk is the 1st team in KHL. Bartovic was MOTM for me, he was trying really hard.

Scary moment with Svarny, I need to see it again but the hit looked disgusting, he jumped on him. Svarny was unconscious for a long time, it looked really serious. Then he woke up, stood up and went to the bench like nothing happened.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:36 PM
ebis

Highlights from Omsk game on KHL website.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:25 AM
kajoo

it´s already uploaded on youtube

Slovan @ Omsk 3:2(SO)

Old
01-24-2013, 03:25 AM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Did not see this posted yet, but it seems Slovan has added former NHLer Marek Svatos for the playoff push.

http://www.hcslovan.sk/sk/spravy/pot...tos-v-slovane/

Interesting signing, hasn't played since 2011 with Ottawa. Was cut in training camp by Florida. Used to be a solid sniper with Colorado, but knee injuries have mostly ended that. Not sure how he will fit in for the playoff push. But could add some offense, if he's healthy.

Old
01-24-2013, 06:36 AM
kajoo

No idea what to expect from Svatoš, his shoulder issues are chronical, maybe less physical league is exactly what he needs.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajoo View Post
No idea what to expect from Svatoš, his shoulder issues are chronical, maybe less physical league is exactly what he needs.
right. Is this contract (probably at least to the end of this season) something like try-out?

Old
01-24-2013, 10:03 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
right. Is this contract (probably at least to the end of this season) something like try-out?
not possible, KHL club cannot sign try-out during season. This contract is only for pre-season, summer.

Quote:
«Пробные Контракты» могут заключаться с даты начала предсезонного сбора, а заканчиваться не позднее чем за три дня до начала Чемпионата КХЛ.
http://www.khl.ru/documents/KHL_lega...14_revised.pdf

I would say Svatos signed for rest of this season. Would be risk to sign him for more years, and Slovan does not have money for it as well.

Yes, club´s website said "at least to the end of this season". Firstly, clubs website cannot publish lenght of contract until its registration. Secondly, someone would say that Slovan PR department sucks.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Tatanik

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post

Yes, club´s website said "at least to the end of this season". Firstly, clubs website cannot publish lenght of contract until its registration. Secondly, someone would say that Slovan PR department sucks.

It's a full contract until the end of the 2012/13 season. AFAIK there is no clause for a team/player option which there is in Tomas Mojzis' contract.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:32 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:

It's a full contract until the end of the 2012/13 season. AFAIK there is no clause for a team/player option which there is in Tomas Mojzis' contract.
your wishes are NOT reality. Scan a contract or quote rules.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Tatanik

Quote:
your wishes are NOT reality. Scan a contract or quote rules.
And your delusion knows no bounds.

And what ****ing rules am I meant to be quoting? I don't get what your point is.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:43 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
And your delusion knows no bounds.

And what ****ing rules am I meant to be quoting? I don't get what your point is.
you wrote
Quote:
AFAIK there is no clause for a team/player option which there is in Tomas Mojzis' contract.
So scan his contract or quote rules. I know these rules, dont worry. And there is that team/player option is not possible, so I am suprised how could Slovan do that. Maybe verbal deal, which is not binding? Just to remind you, I was only one who claimed that Ryan O´Reilly´s contract with Magnitka wil not be terminated due to end of lockout. And I was right. So??? Man, I know KHL rules. You can claim your b.. to other guys, not me.

Yes, I am in touch with KHL legal department, if you wants to ask me.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Tatanik

Quote:
you wrote

So scan his contract or quote rules. I know these rules, dont worry. And there is that team/player option is not possible, so I am suprised how could Slovan do that. Maybe verbal deal, which is not binding? Just to remind you, I was only one who claimed that Ryan O´Reilly´s contract with Magnitka wil not be terminated due to end of lockout. And I was right. So??? Man, I know KHL rules. You can claim your b.. to other guys, not me.

Yes, I am in touch with KHL legal department, if you wants to ask me.
Quote:
Mojžíš sa s manažmentom nášho klubu dohodol na zmluve do konca sezóny s možnosťou jej predĺženia o rok
Okay, so maybe it is verbal, but it has been stated (like MOST mid-season signings that take place in Europe, especially in January), that there is the option there to extend the deal into the next season, no?

Wow, you are in contact with the KHL legal department? Amazing. Do you want me to name-drop as well? Unlike you I don't usually come onto forums with a point to prove and to be such a pedant.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

you are right, as always, everyone knows it.

Quote:
like MOST mid-season signings that take place in Europe, especially in January
Another proof of NOT knowing KHL rules. As you know, KHL rules can not compared to ANY euro league. It can be compared only to NHL, but not in all aspects. So, you argument about other euro leagues is pointless.

Closed Thread