HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Leafs 2 - 1 Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 04:55 AM
PricePkPatch

vCash: 500
Oh man, you fans are in full drama mode, aren't ya?

Bouillon was actually pretty interesting to see. A few moments when he was in over his head, but he sure had guts and tried a lot of things. He clearly cannot be a fixture, but as an occasional pitch-in D, I think he'll be nice.

Kaberle seemed to be in much better shape and state of mind than last year. Execution was poor at some moment, but that is sadly to be expected.

Gorges seemed... off. Not sure I understand why. Maybe he misses PK?

Old
01-20-2013, 04:57 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
This defence squad won't get us anywhere.
The Big Three would have a hard time thanks to this "offensive squad" Score some freakin' goals than talk about our terrible defence!

Old
01-20-2013, 05:15 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
We will always make the same mistake. We've been making this same mistake for over 20 years, and in this case we brought back a previous mistake. We've only had one competent coach since 1995 and we fired him last season because we had an incompetent GM trying to save his job.
Oh ya he was so great we could have missed the playoffs AND had a ****** pick. What a hero, I guess barely missing the playoffs is now success for this franchise, pathetic.

It takes many steps to climb out of the pit of **** gainey left this team in and martins firing was only one step.

Martin was such a great coach look at all the teams kicking down his door for his services! Oh wait that never happened, him and carbo are sitting around talking about what a champ gainey was.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:19 AM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Oh man, you fans are in full drama mode, aren't ya?

Bouillon was actually pretty interesting to see. A few moments when he was in over his head, but he sure had guts and tried a lot of things. He clearly cannot be a fixture, but as an occasional pitch-in D, I think he'll be nice.

Kaberle seemed to be in much better shape and state of mind than last year. Execution was poor at some moment, but that is sadly to be expected.

Gorges seemed... off. Not sure I understand why. Maybe he misses PK?
When Bouillon, as a 3rd pairing D, gets 1st paring minutes it is one reason why the Habs will lose. And a tactic like that really begs the question: Does Therrien have a clue or is blinded by past loyalties?

Old
01-20-2013, 06:26 AM
LastRide

"No Excuses"

Old
01-20-2013, 06:38 AM
impudent_lowlife

Bouillon: "But you played me 22 minutes."

Quote:
"No Excuses"

Old
01-20-2013, 06:39 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
And Diaz only played 14mins. Hopefully, Diaz gains the confidence of MT, because he really should be playing more, presumably at the expense of bouillon.
that's what I don't get!

I would have given more ice time to players that had been playing in other leagues. Their timing is much better, their conditioning as well!

Our best D were Markov, Diaz and Emelin, all who where playing during the lockout.

Nobody could connect on passes and what was more disturbing was that they could sustain any presence with the puch between the FACEOFF Circles in the offensive zone.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
When Bouillon, as a 3rd pairing D, gets 1st paring minutes it is one reason why the Habs will lose. And a tactic like that really begs the question: Does Therrien have a clue or is blinded by past loyalties?
What did Bouillon do that caused the Habs to lose? Sounds like you're just grasping at straws.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:50 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post
You seriously think Therrien would let "past loyalties" get in the way of his judgment? The man is a pro, has coached the best and the worst. He knows what he's doing.

And for that matter, I don't think Bouillon was that out of place. He sure made the difference at times, and was the one who could hold the ****ing zone for Gionta's goal. If there is one thing you can say about him, it's that he is gutsy.

I suspect Therrien wants his players to get used to a certain depth chart, with Bouillon being the temporary replacement for Subban. He wants Markov, Emelin and Kaberle to get used playing where they currently were.

Gorges looked bad without Subban. If any player should be pointed out as having a bad match, it should be him, not Bouillon. The Cubehate on this board is amazing.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:56 AM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
Agree to disagree then. Was at the game and he stood out. Showed some good vision, a good shot, was positionally sound (as usual) and was the only Habs forward who could win a battle in the offensive zone and maintain puck possession. Maybe my standards were lowered with how terrible the majority of our forwards were tonight, but I got what I expected from Eller.
Yeah, Eller didnt do anything that really stood out, who did, but he played a pretty sound game from my point of view and actually if guys werent so rusty Eller would have created a couple of more scoring plays.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:05 AM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Habs we're not prepared. This isn't about quality of coaching or talent level, we just weren't in the rhythm. Next game, maybe we'll be prepared but still suck but until then, let's be reasonable. This team is better than they showed tonight. I think habs won't make playoffs unless they get hot within first 10 games but apart from that, meh, 1 game.
Tough to get in a rhythm when your on the PK for 6 of the first 12 minutes. Boys need to smarten that up.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:05 AM
Schooner Guy

I wonder if our assembled group of dummies behind the bench even considered dressing an AHLer in midseason form like Leafs coaches did.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:11 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Ok so let me get this straight ! the Habs defense was the problem last night ? Wow just wow.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 01-20-2013 at 08:19 AM. Reason: light flaming
Old
01-20-2013, 07:12 AM
Tyson

I watched several games last night and I did not see one team except maybe St. Louis that looked prepared.
Some of my thoughts-
Habs need Subban who in his third year could become a top 5 D NHL Wide, he is the difference between playoffs or no playoffs.
Our so called top line was absolutely brutal. I thought Pacioretty looked somewhat slower. Maybe he bulked up too much?
There were a lot of guys who struggled. Too many to really single out.
I will comment on AG27 though. People claim he was uncomfortable on the wing. He has played wing for a couple of months now so I don't think playing him there is a bad thing. He looked good IMO, he skated well, got off two real nice wrist shots. I remember when Joe Thornton broke in, he rode the pine, had 7 whole points for the entire year and it was ok. He practiced with the big team, he watched and learned. There is 20 games or so in Sarnia, I think Alex is better off learning at this level.

Last edited by Tyson: 01-20-2013 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old
01-20-2013, 07:15 AM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Ok so let me get this straight ! According to you high hockey sense people, the Habs defense was the problem last night ? Wow just wow.
Habs were the problem last night!

Old
01-20-2013, 07:28 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Good game boys. The missing factor of subban was present but the reason why I still like price, aside from him playing against the leafs, still remains. Cheers.

01-20-2013, 07:29 AM
MrExpos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I wonder if our assembled group of dummies behind the bench even considered dressing an AHLer in midseason form like Leafs coaches did.
Yeah, 'cause Galchenyuk, Markov, Emelin, Diaz, Plekanec, Desharnais and Eller haven't been playing high level hockey since October.

You're just hating because it's fun to hate Therrien around here after a game the Habs lost by 1 goal after a 9 months layoff.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:30 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBach View Post
To put it into perspective, both teams played poorly. I highly doubt the rest of the season will look like this.
You're right. On most nights it'll only be the Habs that will play poorly.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
And who exactly do you sit out? Only guy possible is White 'cause you can't sit anybody else, surely not the guys you just acquire in Prust and Armstrong. So White is the odd man out. So you would have had a chance to add Blunden, Gallagher or call-up Dumont. Not sure one guy would have changed everything but I guess it's a possibility real soon.

Besides, I really hope you were that definitive about our past years coaches. I do believe that neither are dummies and do share a whole lot of experience.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:38 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrExpos View Post
Yeah, 'cause Galchenyuk, Markov, Emelin, Diaz, Plekanec, Desharnais and Eller haven't been playing high level hockey since October.

You're just hating because it's fun to hate Therrien around here after a game the Habs lost by 1 goal after a 9 months layoff.
How many of the above have been playing pro on NHL sized ice? ZERO. Most of them treat hockey in Europe as a vacation. And don't try to compare OHL to NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And who exactly do you sit out? Only guy possible is White 'cause you can't sit anybody else, surely not the guys you just acquire in Prust and Armstrong. So White is the odd man out. So you would have had a chance to add Blunden, Gallagher or call-up Dumont. Not sure one guy would have changed everything but I guess it's a possibility real soon.

Besides, I really hope you were that definitive about our past years coaches. I do believe that neither are dummies and do share a whole lot of experience.
Therrien's a joker and I know someone who worked with Gallant in Columbus. Nice guy/cheerleader but that's about as far as it goes. Ran house league level practices.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 01-20-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old
01-20-2013, 07:42 AM
MrExpos

Quote:
How many of the above have been playing pro on NHL sized ice? ZERO. Most of them treat hockey in Europe as a vacation. And don't try to compare OHL to NHL.
And you're comparing Mike Kostka and AHL hockey to Andrei Markov and NHL hockey? Are you kidding me? You are telling me the Habs should have played Fred St-Denis, Brendan Gallagher and Gabriel Dumont because we would have had a better chance to win with them in the lineup?

Old
01-20-2013, 07:42 AM
Top Corner2

ok a few encouraging signs:

1) (Most important) Markov looked way better than he did at any point last year.

2) Bourque played maybe his most complete game since being a hab.

3) The Prust-White-Armstrong line was looking good.

4) The team got better as the game went on.

Discouraging signs:

1) The power played sucked!!

2) Eller. He was given some important minutes and wasn't able to generate any momentum.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:44 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Some of you guys have already determined that Bouillon and Therrien sucks and will sing that song even in wins. It's pathetic really. Maybe Bouillon shouldn't play on the PP. You do have a right to question Bouillon on the PP. But his time ES? He wasn't as half bad as some thinkg he was. And it's not like he played 10 minutes more than everybody else. To me, it's pretty clear that he should be playing more than Kaberle or Diaz. So without Subban, 'cause that,s what Bergevin is giving Therrien, A TEAM WITHOUT SUBBAN, Bouillon is top 4. Used that way on ES. And use often on the PK as well. The PP is a big question mark which Therrien will surely see till/if Subban comes back.

Some people are talking about Bouillon playing top pairing minutes as if he'd has a Lidstrom or Chara type of utilisation. It's distributed pretty evenly in the top 4. Which is what Bouillon is. Which says a lot about the quality of this D that Therrien had NOTHING to do about.

And I'm far from being a Therrien fan. Was clearly not my pick.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:45 AM
ClasslessGuy

Sometime some message on this boards make rds talkbacks user sound smart... It's the first game off the year and some people want to tank or fire everybody...

Old
01-20-2013, 07:48 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Therrien's a joker and I know someone who worked with Gallant in Columbus. Nice guy/cheerleader but that's about as far as it goes. Ran house league level practices.
Well you will then have a problem cherring for this team. 'Cause Bergevin is the one who got them also. Same one who's handling the Subban situation. And we're not going to change this team for at least 3 years. And we're at day 2.

Only thing left for you is to believe that Daigneault and Jodoin are the "brains" of this team. But I believe people are too hard on Therrien and mostly based their opinions on his demeanour. A whole lot of bashing based on how his Pens tenure ended, yet, nobody talks about how he still brought his team to a Cup Final the year before. But then, if we decided to believe, like I was saying, that the talent make the coach, well I guess it doesn't matter who's coaching then. Make Bergevin build a great team and whover coaches will end up winning.

Closed Thread