HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

P.K Subban Thread 4.0 - Still Unsigned Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2013, 08:09 AM
  #126
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,128
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
PK is going to the Raptors game tonight.... way to go PK...

Can we trade this guy already.....
What is he supposed to do? Not leave his house because he doesn't have a contract? That's all it takes to trade a core player? Some fans here really don't deserve any team success.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:16 AM
  #127
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
So did Scott Gomez!
Yes that's it. Tyler Myers = Gomez!

shutehinside is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:17 AM
  #128
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
What is he supposed to do? Not leave his house because he doesn't have a contract? That's all it takes to trade a core player? Some fans here really don't deserve any team success.
He should do anything else but watch the Raptors. They really suck. He should also try other Spanish restaurants in Toronto. The one he went to last night is really bad. The kid has no clue I guess.

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:19 AM
  #129
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,312
vCash: 500
Glen Healy of all people, last night said that the Habs have to look at PK a littke differently than their other players, and he may have a point...the team policy may be to offer a 2-3 yr deal coming out of the ELC, but PK is probably our best prospect in years, so...............

It's a hard call for MB...welcome to the big leagues MB...

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:20 AM
  #130
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenderness View Post
Couldn't agree more he's the biggest goof I can't stand looking at his stupid ****ing head...... Unless its that clip of him getting one punched to sleep like a little *****.
He's even more annoying on TV

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:20 AM
  #131
HABsurde
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
What is he supposed to do? Not leave his house because he doesn't have a contract? That's all it takes to trade a core player? Some fans here really don't deserve any team success.
all it takes is a player that doesn't want to follow a team idea (Bridge contract) A GM that does not and SHOULD not blink and a team that do not like said player to the extreme (at least of the ice and in the locker room)

Sadly, when these three things are in effect, last thing to do is to trade the player...

Don't get me wrong, i'll be piss, i love PK, but no one NO ONE is bigger than the team or the game....

HABsurde is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:23 AM
  #132
HABsurde
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Glen Healy of all people, last night said that the Habs have to look at PK a littke differently than their other players, and he may have a point...the team policy may be to offer a 2-3 yr deal coming out of the ELC, but PK is probably our best prospect in years, so...............

It's a hard call for MB...welcome to the big leagues MB...
Funny when you look at this, all english media, specially in TO are pushing for the long contract, all french media, here in Montreal, are mostly pushing for the 2 year deal.... One would say english media speaks for PK and french for the Habs... this will not get resolve quickly....

HABsurde is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:24 AM
  #133
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
all it takes is a player that doesn't want to follow a team idea (Bridge contract) A GM that does not and SHOULD not blink and a team that do not like said player to the extreme (at least of the ice and in the locker room)

Sadly, when these three things are in effect, last thing to do is to trade the player...

Don't get me wrong, i'll be piss, i love PK, but no one NO ONE is bigger than the team or the game....
First, you can't follow rules blindly. Every case is unique. PK is an exception because he is our best player as well as one of the most promising young dman in the league.

Second, I suspect the bolded part was the reasoning behind the trade of Roy.

E = CH² is online now  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:24 AM
  #134
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Glen Healy of all people, last night said that the Habs have to look at PK a littke differently than their other players, and he may have a point...the team policy may be to offer a 2-3 yr deal coming out of the ELC, but PK is probably our best prospect in years, so...............

It's a hard call for MB...welcome to the big leagues MB...
Glen Healy is not the sharpest tool in the shed. And it does not happen very often that the Toronto media has anything good to say about anything the Habs do. In fact, every chance they had Toronto media would take swipes at Subban the last two years saying he's good but overawed with a showboating aptitude. Now that the Habs are having issues signing him, he's a special player. Where's the sense it that. You have to take everything with a grain of salt. There's a lot we don;t know about the issues MB and PK and his agents are having right now. Hopefully PK is going to the Raptors game with Meehan to try to bridge the gap separating them and the Habs.

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:27 AM
  #135
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,014
vCash: 500
"Keep a low profile" Yes a young restrictred free agent who is living in a city like Toronto should keep a low profile because he's waiting for a contract. He's not in the middle of a scandal, he's just waiting to get a contract signed. I'm sure he's not happy that he's not playing, but doesn't mean he has to seclude himself from the real world.. ESPECIALLY in Toronto. You want to know how he's keeping a low profile? He's actually in Toronto and not Montreal.

It's ridiculous how some people have acted in this whole PK thing. Just demonstrates again how the fans easily raise someone on a pedastal and easily push them off.

Anyway - let's trade him. He went to a raptors game when he should be in the GM's office signing a contract.

Gary320 is online now  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:28 AM
  #136
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
First, you can't follow rules blindly. Every case is unique. PK is an exception because he is our best player as well as one of the most promising young dman in the league.

Second, I suspect the bolded part was the reasoning behind the trade of Roy.
We still don't know what PK wants and what he's been offered.

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:29 AM
  #137
HABsurde
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
First, you can't follow rules blindly. Every case is unique. PK is an exception because he is our best player as well as one of the most promising young dman in the league.

Second, I suspect the bolded part was the reasoning behind the trade of Roy.
Best player says you, not the Habs brass...

your right about Roy, but it's not as much because Roy taught he was the king of the world, mostly because Tremblay wanted to be....

In PK's case, if he was so well liked in the room, it would have been settle already, but with the comments that come from the room (Gionta, Cole, Gorges) it makes it much harder on Marc Bergevin, can do something if it bugs a lot of your core player....

The day Pacioretty, Desharnais, Price state that PK must be back ASAP, that may change something but we are not there yet....

HABsurde is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:32 AM
  #138
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Best player says you, not the Habs brass...

your right about Roy, but it's not as much because Roy taught he was the king of the world, mostly because Tremblay wanted to be....

In PK's case, if he was so well liked in the room, it would have been settle already, but with the comments that come from the room (Gionta, Cole, Gorges) it makes it much harder on Marc Bergevin, can do something if it bugs a lot of your core player....

The day Pacioretty, Desharnais, Price state that PK must be back ASAP, that may change something but we are not there yet....
Now let's speculate how the locker room feels about PK.

Gary320 is online now  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:32 AM
  #139
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Funny when you look at this, all english media, specially in TO are pushing for the long contract, all french media, here in Montreal, are mostly pushing for the 2 year deal.... One would say english media speaks for PK and french for the Habs... this will not get resolve quickly....
The french media is afraid to step on any toes and break eggs. They live off of the habs and in recent years with Gainey/Gauthier the habs have made their life difficult and made them understand that if they are being *****es, they will suffer the consequences as it goes both ways.

You can see it in press conferences when they ask ridiculously bad and boring softball questions. The only one with a pair of metaphorical testies is a 20ish year old reporter who hasn't been broken yet : Jessica Rusnak.

English media from outside the province owes nothing to the habs and can report whatever they want.

E = CH² is online now  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:33 AM
  #140
HABsurde
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
"Keep a low profile" Yes a young restrictred free agent who is living in a city like Toronto should keep a low profile because he's waiting for a contract. He's not in the middle of a scandal, he's just waiting to get a contract signed. I'm sure he's not happy that he's not playing, but doesn't mean he has to seclude himself from the real world.. ESPECIALLY in Toronto. You want to know how he's keeping a low profile? He's actually in Toronto and not Montreal.

It's ridiculous how some people have acted in this whole PK thing. Just demonstrates again how the fans easily raise someone on a pedastal and easily push them off.

Anyway - let's trade him. He went to a raptors game when he should be in the GM's office signing a contract.
In my case, when i mean low profile, you can go to any Raptors game you want, don't tweet about it, instead tweet picture of comment of you training....

HABsurde is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:34 AM
  #141
HABsurde
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Now let's speculate how the locker room feels about PK.

well we have to when you hear some of the comments made by the veteran concerning PK

HABsurde is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:34 AM
  #142
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Best player says you, not the Habs brass...

your right about Roy, but it's not as much because Roy taught he was the king of the world, mostly because Tremblay wanted to be....

In PK's case, if he was so well liked in the room, it would have been settle already, but with the comments that come from the room (Gionta, Cole, Gorges) it makes it much harder on Marc Bergevin, can do something if it bugs a lot of your core player....

The day Pacioretty, Desharnais, Price state that PK must be back ASAP, that may change something but we are not there yet....
Sorry but if he's so hated in the dressing room and totally disruptive, how come he's still a Habs? And if it's because he's a work in progress, how about the players accept it and go along with that? And as you say, we don't know a lot, so we don't know how those guys feel. And it's not even up to them to go and tell Bergevin to wrap it up. They probably think that if we struggle so much on the back end, that they will be intelligent enough to notice it. Besides, this is impossible that only in Montreal do we have so many "disruptive" players that we absolutely have to get rid of. It makes no sense. So that team concept of yours, we've applied it by sending everybody either home or by trade 'cause they were so not a team player.....and see what it does to our organization. There could be a few bad apples. But that many as we had over the past, makes no sense. To me, it seems more as a really bad leadership with the inability to make everybody believe in a team concept than players so disruptive that we have to get rid of them or teach them some lessons.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:35 AM
  #143
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
In my case, when i mean low profile, you can go to any Raptors game you want, don't tweet about it, instead tweet picture of comment of you training....
But what's the point.. You don't think he does that? You need proof?
What's the point of saying you're going to a raptors game either.

You are just looking for something to get pissed about.

Gary320 is online now  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:36 AM
  #144
habdynasty
Registered User
 
habdynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Best player says you, not the Habs brass...

your right about Roy, but it's not as much because Roy taught he was the king of the world, mostly because Tremblay wanted to be....

In PK's case, if he was so well liked in the room, it would have been settle already, but with the comments that come from the room (Gionta, Cole, Gorges) it makes it much harder on Marc Bergevin, can do something if it bugs a lot of your core player....

The day Pacioretty, Desharnais, Price state that PK must be back ASAP, that may change something but we are not there yet....
These players have nothing to do with negotiations, it's time for M.B. and p.k's agent to get this deal done.

habdynasty is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:37 AM
  #145
HABsurde
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
The french media is afraid to step on any toes and break eggs. They live off of the habs and in recent years with Gainey/Gauthier the habs have made their life difficult and made them understand that if they are being *****es, they will suffer the consequences as it goes both ways.

You can see it in press conferences when they ask ridiculously bad and boring softball questions. The only one with a pair of metaphorical testies is a 20ish year old reporter who hasn't been broken yet : Jessica Rusnak.

English media from outside the province owes nothing to the habs and can report whatever they want.
Doesn't make what they are reporting true (english media) And maybe the french media, after 2 years of Michel Therrien in the media, gets more Off the record comments, and maybe they know stuff, from a Habs perspective that the english media in Toronto don't know

HABsurde is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:37 AM
  #146
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
well we have to when you hear some of the comments made by the veteran concerning PK
I've seen what Gionta had to say about not seeing PK in a while.
Price about how the last time he talked to him, he got a picture of him doing the Joel.

ETC.

Just like me, unless you know how they act together in the room, you can't take ANYTHING from that. It can be serious just as much as it can be very sarcastic.

Players will not say that PK or ANY RFA.. No matter WHAT his name, should be back ASAP. No one will say that a player is bigger than a team.

Gary320 is online now  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:37 AM
  #147
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Best player says you, not the Habs brass...
Says me, the numbers, and quite a few people who have done in-depth analysis of the habs.

Quote:
your right about Roy, but it's not as much because Roy taught he was the king of the world, mostly because Tremblay wanted to be....
In this case, maybe Bergevin is trying to be the king of the world ?

Quote:
In PK's case, if he was so well liked in the room, it would have been settle already, but with the comments that come from the room (Gionta, Cole, Gorges) it makes it much harder on Marc Bergevin, can do something if it bugs a lot of your core player....
Core players ? Hahahaha oh boy. Cole is retiring next year, Gionta will be gone after his contract and Gorges is a trooper but all he is a non physical defensive dman. Nothing to see here.

Quote:
The day Pacioretty, Desharnais, Price state that PK must be back ASAP, that may change something but we are not there yet....
Players will never say this, and they shouldn't. They have pride. And the GM should not be influenced by such things either or he is weak.

E = CH² is online now  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:37 AM
  #148
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,423
vCash: 500
Some of you don't deserve to have PK Subban on ''your'' team.

PK has character issues, PK hasn't proved enough yet.. etc.. I can't read this anymore.

Yet nearly every hockey person with a half brain agrees PK is not the player you offer a bridge contract to.

Funny how some of you don't want to take chances, and want to squeeze every cent of leverage out of him, but we had no issue offering an injury ridden Markov a multi-year contract (who btw looks like he's 1 hit away from getting a full time job on ESPN Russia).

coolasprICE is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:38 AM
  #149
HABsurde
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I've seen what Gionta had to say about not seeing PK in a while.
Price about how the last time he talked to him, he got a picture of him doing the Joel.

ETC.

Just like me, unless you know how they act together in the room, you can't take ANYTHING from that. It can be serious just as much as it can be very sarcastic.
I agree with you, but as you said, it might be sarcastic or plain joking, but it also might be very serious, we will never really know i guess

HABsurde is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:38 AM
  #150
E = CH²
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 15,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
Doesn't make what they are reporting true (english media) And maybe the french media, after 2 years of Michel Therrien in the media, gets more Off the record comments, and maybe they know stuff, from a Habs perspective that the english media in Toronto don't know
Yeah, I'm sure they are getting their quotes directly from Gorges, Gionta and Cole... who are such stand up teammates for speaking of internal matters to the medias. Class acts all around.

E = CH² is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.