HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

P.K Subban Thread 4.0 - Still Unsigned Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 08:39 AM
onebighockeyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Sorry but if he's so hated in the dressing room and totally disruptive, how come he's still a Habs? And if it's because he's a work in progress, how about the players accept it and go along with that? And as you say, we don't know a lot, so we don't know how those guys feel. And it's not even up to them to go and tell Bergevin to wrap it up. They probably think that if we struggle so much on the back end, that they will be intelligent enough to notice it. Besides, this is impossible that only in Montreal do we have so many "disruptive" players that we absolutely have to get rid of. It makes no sense. So that team concept of yours, we've applied it by sending everybody either home or by trade 'cause they were so not a team player.....and see what it does to our organization. There could be a few bad apples. But that many as we had over the past, makes no sense. To me, it seems more as a really bad leadership with the inability to make everybody believe in a team concept than players so disruptive that we have to get rid of them or teach them some lessons.
An unsigned RFA is not worth very much.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
I agree with you, but as you said, it might be sarcastic or plain joking, but it also might be very serious, we will never really know i guess
So then stop assuming.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:40 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Sorry but if he's so hated in the dressing room and totally disruptive, how come he's still a Habs? And if it's because he's a work in progress, how about the players accept it and go along with that? And as you say, we don't know a lot, so we don't know how those guys feel. And it's not even up to them to go and tell Bergevin to wrap it up. They probably think that if we struggle so much on the back end, that they will be intelligent enough to notice it. Besides, this is impossible that only in Montreal do we have so many "disruptive" players that we absolutely have to get rid of. It makes no sense. So that team concept of yours, we've applied it by sending everybody either home or by trade 'cause they were so not a team player.....and see what it does to our organization. There could be a few bad apples. But that many as we had over the past, makes no sense. To me, it seems more as a really bad leadership with the inability to make everybody believe in a team concept than players so disruptive that we have to get rid of them or teach them some lessons.
I agree that the sensibility on 'Disruptive' player in Montreal is way to high, but it is what it is and i'm not sure that can be change fast enough

Old
01-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
Why not? There are teams like that who won't mind not giving him a bridge contract and give him a longer one. If so, PK is still the player that he is. His contract or lack thereof doesn't make him a worst player. As far as I'm concerned, other RFA's have been offered contracts elsewhere. So they are worth something. And while we don't know, it is also a possibility that Subban says the truth and maybe to the extent that he is refusing, so far, all the offers coming from other teams.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:44 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
But what's the point.. You don't think he does that? You need proof?
What's the point of saying you're going to a raptors game either.

You are just looking for something to get pissed about.
I'm sure he's training hard, as a Habs fans who follows him on twitter and want him on my team, i'd prefer to know that he's training hard and is pissed of that the situation is not resolved more than i'm going to spent a sunday night watching a Raptors game.... It won't playout well with the Montreal fans.... Right now, they are screaming PK PK, in 2 weeks, who knows?

Old
01-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Gary320

Quote:
I'm sure he's training hard, as a Habs fans who follows him on twitter and want him on my team, i'd prefer to know that he's training hard and is pissed of that the situation is not resolved more than i'm going to spent a sunday night watching a Raptors game.... It won't playout well with the Montreal fans.... Right now, they are screaming PK PK, in 2 weeks, who knows?
Say Pacioretty is going to watch a movie tonight. You're going to be pissed about that too? I mean he just lost, how come he isn't home reflecting on the loss.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:46 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
These players have nothing to do with negotiations, it's time for M.B. and p.k's agent to get this deal done.
And if you core player, who went through the Bridge contract, doesn't believe that PK should be threaten differently, you don't think that could have an impact on negociations?

Old
01-20-2013, 08:50 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeShootsHeScores View Post
He should keep low profile. What normal people do. Spend time at home, rethink about how stupid he is for missing that first game. All he should think about now is what plane he's gonna take to get his ass back in montreal asap, shut up and play, then shut up again.

I don't get how he'll be able to enter the locker room head up, "hey guys wazzup", "did I miss you?".

Missing one game was one game too much.
If the offer still on the table from the team is 2 years at $3M or so, he is worth a bit more than that. Price got $2.875 after being a backup for the 2nd half of 09-10. Subban logged the most minutes on the team. Two years at $3.75-4 or 3 years at around $4.25. I agree that a long-term deal into UFA years is premature.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:50 AM
MrExpos

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
You mean like Phil Kessel?

Old
01-20-2013, 08:53 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
And if you core player, who went through the Bridge contract, doesn't believe that PK should be threaten differently, you don't think that could have an impact on negociations?
There is no one on that team who has ever been in PK's situation because :

1) They either had the talent, but had not been able to prove themselves by the time their ELC ended (Pacioretty, Price, Markov, etc)
or
2) They simply were not in PK's class (everyone else)

The funniest part is hearing Gorges saying (paraphrasing) : The bridge contract worked for me. Wow... Gorges has a fraction of Subban's talent and at the same age was toiling away in the AHL. What a joke.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:53 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Says me, the numbers, and quite a few people who have done in-depth analysis of the habs.

In this case, maybe Bergevin is trying to be the king of the world ?

Core players ? Hahahaha oh boy. Cole is retiring next year, Gionta will be gone after his contract and Gorges is a trooper but all he is a non physical defensive dman. Nothing to see here.

Players will never say this, and they shouldn't. They have pride. And the GM should not be influenced by such things either or he is weak.
Say what ever you want, i'm not sure, numbers or analysis as much you want, that the Habs brass believes PK is the best player on this team.

Maybe Bergevin should have never mention bridge contract to media when negociating, now he's stuck with that, and he can't blink or he's toast

I agree that the core is laughable, but it still there and even if i don't agree with it, you have to work with it, who know's maybe Eller, Moen, Emelin, Desharnais, Prust, Plekanec don't like PK to much, what are you going to do, trade everyone?

Old
01-20-2013, 08:55 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
So then stop assuming.
i can do whatever i want, as you assume that it might be sarcastic, i'll assume it's serious, time might tell who was right or wrong

Old
01-20-2013, 08:55 AM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

If Phil Kessel was worth 2 1st rounders and a 2nd...

Old
01-20-2013, 08:56 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Say Pacioretty is going to watch a movie tonight. You're going to be pissed about that too? I mean he just lost, how come he isn't home reflecting on the loss.
okay, you don't want to understand, i'll stop losing my time with you, have a nice life and enjoy the Habs

Old
01-20-2013, 08:57 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
There is no one on that team who has ever been in PK's situation because :

1) They either had the talent, but had not been able to prove themselves by the time their ELC ended (Pacioretty, Price, Markov, etc)
or
2) They simply were not in PK's class (everyone else)

The funniest part is hearing Gorges saying (paraphrasing) : The bridge contract worked for me. Wow... Gorges has a fraction of Subban's talent and at the same age was toiling away in the AHL. What a joke.
I think you believe PK is a much better player than he really is, but it's not me to judge, it's your beliefs, more power to you

Old
01-20-2013, 08:58 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrExpos View Post
The Kessell deal is so unusual that it is the exception that proves the rule.

It is almost unheard of for a team that is rebuilding to be the one that gives up two 1st-rounders and a second rounder for a player that is has to pay big bucks too as well. Normally, the team getting the player is the one that wants to contend at once, and that is not a team that will have the second overall pick at the end of the season.

Thing is, Brian Burke did not believe in his worst nightmares that his team would still totally suck after he came in and traded for Kessel and increased the toughness like he wanted and so forth. He thought he was giving up a pick around 20th, maybe even lower.

If someone trades for Subban in order to give him big money, it will be a contender. I don't see any of the bottom feeders being ready to pull the trigger on a trade giving up multiple first rounders for Subban (or giving him a huge offer sheet, which is the same thing).

Old
01-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Gary320

Quote:
okay, you don't want to understand, i'll stop losing my time with you, have a nice life and enjoy the Habs
Sorry if I pissed you off.
But it's just makes no sense how PK Subban tweeting that he's going to a game should reflect on ANYTHING concerning the contract

End of story.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:04 AM
HABsurde

Quote:
Sorry if I pissed you off.
But it's just makes no sense how PK Subban tweeting that he's going to a game should reflect on ANYTHING concerning the contract

End of story.
your a class act.... i'm not pissed off, i just don't think we'll agree on that matter, no biggie.... good day to you....

Old
01-20-2013, 09:08 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
I think you believe PK is a much better player than he really is, but it's not me to judge, it's your beliefs, more power to you
Eh, don't take my word for it. Examine the facts :

The habs brass played PK subban as a #1 dman. He had the most minutes out of all habs player last season. 17th most in the league for a dman.

If he is not that good... why play him that much in all situations ?

I am possibly the most negative poster of these boards. Half the time I hate three quarters of the players on the team and think our management is horrible. I don't believe I'm overrating PK here.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:14 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

Isn't that funny that it seems only in Montreal is there this talk of disruptive players... Kostitsyn brothers, Grabovsky, Kovalev, Ribeiro, Higgins, Price, PK, etc...

The media and fans create a lot of the crap IMO by reading too much into comments and acting like TMZ reporting the whereabouts and the goings ons of players. Montreal can be the best place to play yet the worst at the same time.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:39 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrExpos View Post
Kessel is the only one I remember fetching a lot.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:40 AM
GordonGraham

Quote:

The habs brass played PK subban as a #1 dman. He had the most minutes out of all habs player last season. 17th most in the league for a dman.

I am possibly the most negative poster of these boards. Half the time I hate three quarters of the players on the team and think our management is horrible. I don't believe I'm overrating PK here.

Maybe because they were a last place team and desperate, nothing was working and it didnt work any better with PK as a #1

Old
01-20-2013, 09:41 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
If Phil Kessel was worth 2 1st rounders and a 2nd...
Burke made a HUGE mistake there. Even worst if Kessel moves elsewhere once UFA.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:45 AM
onebighockeyfan

Quote:

You seem very polarized yet you don't know PK's demands. Perhaps PK is being unreasonable in his demands. The truth is you don't know. All we know is he did not sign yet and missed training camp, the home opener and likely the next few games.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:46 AM
deandebean

I believe the commentators when they say that the owners and gms are thinking differently with the new CBA regarding those famous 'bridge' contracts. Benn is in the same boat. Collusion?

Closed Thread