HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DiPietro Discussion Thread Part II (Post 746 **Placed on Waivers**)

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 12:56 PM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
So if you are Cappy, and the owner is forcing you to play Ricky, which games do you insert him in? Or in other words, how many games in a row do you let Nabby start before worrying about burning him out? Is there one team in particular that might make the best opponent for DP?
TRANSLATED: "which games does our owner force the team to take lightly?"

Old
01-19-2013, 02:00 PM
startainfection*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
DP will be GM
and what is it that he went to school for? garth majored in sports management so there is that

Old
01-19-2013, 02:41 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaponover View Post
Not this +1,000,000
difference between logical thinking and illogical thinking. If players didn't retire from injuries Shawn Bates would still be playing. DP will retire if he can't stay healthy and I'm sure there has been closed door conversation discussing his future going forward with both him and Wang. People laugh about them going to concerts together and crap like that but in all honesty that kind of candidness goes miles behind closed doors. There is a plan, we don't know what it is, but it's Wang's money, his decision, and him being on our roster is doing nothing to negatively impact the team unless you are one of those Freudians out there saying that it's make the other players blue. It's not like we are worried about maxing on the cap. At this point in time it's best to look at DP like a dusty old faberge egg. It's possible that it may get cleaned off sometime and pay off, but it's also quite possible it will never be touched again.
illogical is to suggest that the bates situation and the dipietro situation are the same. not even close, charles. seriously, shawn bates would still be playing? that's your theory? shawn bates had his contract bought out. you really think that bates would have retired just to do the islanders a favour? give it a rest. so, i repeat, there is not a single earthly reason why rick dipietro will retire and walk away from the remaining $33M on his contract.

illogical is to suggest that having dipietro on the team DOES NOT have a negative impact on the team. it is almost comical of you to suggest! are you working on a stand up career, chuck? you've already turned the isles into a laughing stock so i guess a traveling comedy show is up next for you. as for dipietro, he has had one, count 'em, one season where has has managed to post a save percentage of .900 since 2007-2008...one! are you freaking kidding me that his presence doesn't hurt the team, charles? any single time he steps onto the ice, he is a liability. find me a national hockey league goaltender with worse stats than rick dipietro since the 2007-2008 season. doesn't hurt the team, charles? hahahahahaha! you've been drinking your own kool-aid!

facts are, mr. wang, that rick dipietro's position on this team hampers its ability because of the large salary he earns and because of his absolutely atrocious play on the ice. he is a team killer. you have the chance to buy him out and have it not count against the cap. all it will cost you is the money that you ran off with from computer associates. shouldn't you get that money back after moving the team to brooklyn?

so, what do ya say, chuck? going to do right by the team and its fans? or are you just going to ensure that your boy, rick, keeps getting to pretend he is a real nhler?

Last edited by islandermaniac: 01-19-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old
01-19-2013, 09:25 PM
bigbren92

tonight was absolutely disgusting on the part of our fans. I understand that he is hurt constantly but he hasnt even played a game this season. He got booed like he was henrik ****ing lundqvist.. Seriously, tonight was supposed to be about finally being able to enjoy the game we all love, and we sat there and tore apart one of our own.. I'm disgusted to be an islander fan tonight... and it has nothing to do with the product on the ice

Old
01-19-2013, 09:42 PM
xECK29x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbren92 View Post
tonight was absolutely disgusting on the part of our fans. I understand that he is hurt constantly but he hasnt even played a game this season. He got booed like he was henrik ****ing lundqvist.. Seriously, tonight was supposed to be about finally being able to enjoy the game we all love, and we sat there and tore apart one of our own.. I'm disgusted to be an islander fan tonight... and it has nothing to do with the product on the ice
Agreed 100% truly disgusted by our fan base.

Old
01-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Islesin93*

Quote:
I have felt this way for the last 21 years of being a hardcore fan of this team

But tonight might have been the last straw

I was opposed to the Brooklyn move because I was nostalgic about the history of the Coliseum and all the games I have been there

Bring on the Suits and the Tourists and the fans who have little interest in the game

anything to get away from the trash at the Nassau Coliseum

Old
01-19-2013, 10:16 PM
Isles Junkie
Brian Strait Sucks

I hate the DP situation as much as anyone here. I wish he would no longer be an issue. But to boo the guy? And this has happened the last few opening nights he was healthy enough for. It's pretty despicable. Save the boos for players who deserve it. Like everyone in a Red White & Blue jersey

Old
01-19-2013, 10:29 PM
CShuckWangGoAway*

Please, expecting fans to pay for trash and take away their only voice? I've never booed my team at at any game I have been at it, bit I ain't blaming the ones who do.

Don't want fans to boo? Quit penny pinching and icing a trash team with a goalie who just got benched in Germany's echl. Nobody who spends their hard eraned dollars on this trash should be the focal point of tonight. Talk about that trash product the team threw out there tonight with about 8 ahl level players.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Dutch Frost
Battle Level

Quote:
Oh please, these fans have every right to boo the bum. Lets stop pretending that Dipietro warrants any praise. The guy gets paid 4.5 million a year to go and rehab his body. The average person at the coliseum tonight barely makes 50k a year. So I am not going to sympathize with a prima Dona who has proven nothing in the last 5 years but be a laughing stock to the organization. Spare me the. He bleeds orange and blue nonsense. The day this bum is gone will be a great day for this franchise!!

Old
01-19-2013, 10:33 PM
CShuckWangGoAway*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Frost View Post
Oh please, these fans have every right to boo the bum. Lets stop pretending that Dipietro warrants any praise. The guy gets paid 4.5 million a year to go and rehab his body. The average person at the coliseum tonight barely makes 50k a year. So I am not going to sympathize with a prima Dona who has proven nothing in the last 5 years but be a laughing stock to the organization. Spare me the. He bleeds orange and blue nonsense. The day this bum is gone will be a great day for this franchise!!
How anybody could watch what i watched tonight an complain about the fans is beyond me.

Old
01-19-2013, 10:36 PM
OlTimeHockey

No need to boo......that's like booing the team's herpes. Cheer the festering sore! It keeps trying so hard to come back and when the burning little sput comes back, we are angry? I say we laud the accomplishment!

Our little herpe looked great with the Jesus hair! Like an Occupy Uniondale squatter! Can't wait til his first scorching flare-up in net. Maybe he'll rescue a dog or do something to distract from his complete lack of talent. (just make sure he isn't serving the poor thing in a bun!)

Old
01-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Degeneration Rex

Booing DiPietro is the easiest way to boo Wang. Di Pietro is kind of caught in the middle if
this is the case.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Islesfan22

Bottom line is DP should not be on this team. If i go to another game again this year i will boo him again just like i booed that bum Luis Castillo.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:02 AM
Tavares2TheRescue
Hello, my name is...

vCash: 200
Guys it really doesn't make sense to buy DP out now so stop getting upset about it. He will almost certainly be amnestied at the end of the year. Just think of this year as his farewell tour. I kinda feel bad for him about the booing, even if he has been terrible for us.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Strickland

Quote:
Absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
Agreed 100% truly disgusted by our fan base.
Absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost35 View Post
I have felt this way for the last 21 years of being a hardcore fan of this team

But tonight might have been the last straw

I was opposed to the Brooklyn move because I was nostalgic about the history of the Coliseum and all the games I have been there

Bring on the Suits and the Tourists and the fans who have little interest in the game

anything to get away from the trash at the Nassau Coliseum
Absurd.

But hey, only 9 more years left for a guy who couldn't make an ECHL team at this point, but you're right, we have to just stand there and take it, especially since the team had an opportunity to buy him out, but chose not to.

And if you're a fan and THIS is what disgusts you, you're frankly, a horrible Islanders fan.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:04 AM
stranger34

Well we booed Wang into submission Yashin; he bought him out and he was actually still a worthwhile talented hockey player at that point...

My plan if I were the coaching staff would be to only play DP in back to back situations and ALWAYS AGAINST THE BETTER TEAM. This way that scrub won't cost us wins we should otherwise have.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:19 AM
macleod50

vCash: 250
I'm of the camp where fans should be able to voice their displeasure. Booing DiPietro? Fine. More boos should have been directed at the crap that passed for Islanders hockey last night.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:48 AM
Islesin93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
Well we booed Wang into submission Yashin; he bought him out and he was actually still a worthwhile talented hockey player at that point...
Exactly, dont get me started on Yashin, the Isles would be a better team with Yashin on the roster, but it goes along with my theory of Isles fans being the worst fans in the sports world and always loving to pick on a player

I wish I was not a fan of this team but based on where I was born I can not help it

Old
01-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Islesin93*

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
I'm of the camp where fans should be able to voice their displeasure. Booing DiPietro? Fine. More boos should have been directed at the crap that passed for Islanders hockey last night.
Fans have the right to boo, just I have the right to call them out for booing

If DP plays and gives up 3 goals on 9 shots and gets pulled, you boo him

But based on his history and the fact it is a new year, it was sad and disgusting he was booed, and I can guarantee it killed any momentum the Isles players were going to have

Who wants to play in such a horrible atmosphere

But as I said this is nothing new, goes along for the last 20 years I have been rooting for them

And people wonder why the Isles suck

Old
01-20-2013, 10:05 AM
Tavaresfan91

I think fans booed DP to show management there fed up more than him as a person because he has incredible heart

Old
01-20-2013, 10:09 AM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strickland View Post
Absurd.

Absurd.

Absurd.

But hey, only 9 more years left for a guy who couldn't make an ECHL team at this point, but you're right, we have to just stand there and take it, especially since the team had an opportunity to buy him out, but chose not to.

And if you're a fan and THIS is what disgusts you, you're frankly, a horrible Islanders fan.
So you boo a guy who hold the most saves in franchise history. Tied for the most single season victories with Billy Smith while not having a fraction of the talent Billy had in front of him. A guy who has been truly dedicated to a team beyond what most iconic money chasing athletes have ever shown.

You want to boo someone, boo the ownership, not the guy who tried to do everything possible to make the Islanders a winner. The guy has had his struggles, yet, has never given up and refuses to succumb to the injuries as a reason to step away from the game he loves.

Every time there are bad posts, people should keep a running tally on those posters, and after enough, just step away from the computer and no longer post.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Hip Of Rick

vCash: 50
Quote:
But based on his history and the fact it is a new year, it was sad and disgusting he was booed, and I can guarantee it killed any momentum the Isles players were going to have

Who wants to play in such a horrible atmosphere
Based on history DP has played like a high school goalie when healthy for the past 5 seasons. The guy sucks and deserves the booing and the harsh words said about him. Injuries suck and the contract is Wangs fault and not his.

Bottom line is DP SUCKS. This is professional sports not peewees, no excuses should be made period. When a player has sucked historically he should be booed.

I applaud the fans that booed DP tonight!

Old
01-20-2013, 10:23 AM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

I'll wait to the first game that DP plays this year and then I am sure he will give everyone plenty of chances to boo him...

Old
01-20-2013, 10:51 AM
CShuckWangGoAway*

Quote:
Exactly, dont get me started on Yashin, the Isles would be a better team with Yashin on the roster, but it goes along with my theory of Isles fans being the worst fans in the sports world and always loving to pick on a player

I wish I was not a fan of this team but based on where I was born I can not help it

Yeah, a full barn after not winning a playoff series for almost 20 years and a lockout just ended.

Horrible, horrible Islander fans.

The nerve of some people.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:51 AM
IsleNmetFan4Life

I would've just stayed quiet. I love rick's enthusiasm and commitment to the team and the game. The injuries and contract for the most part weren't his fault. My biggest problem with him was who we could've and should've drafted in his place, but again that's not his fault. It's not like the 2 games a year he's cost us the last few seasons would've mattered in a playoff race. If anything, his sucking helped us get JT and Strome haha. I'll give him a chance to prove hes healthy this year, and if not he needs to be bought out. He looked good in the scrimmage so we'll see. He's not expected to play 10+ games this year so maybe he can bounce back with less pressure.

Closed Thread