HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2014 / 2015 Ticket Exchange Thread

Old
05-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
Yup $35 is the threshold, lowered mine and they sold. I'm just amazed at how much this price fluctuates from game to game.

Really the other issue might simply be local knowledge, how many casual fans think to check stubhub et al if the game is sold out via ticket master?
I'd rather they are willing to pay at the gate and so far they are.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:48 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Really the other issue might simply be local knowledge, how many casual fans think to check stubhub et al if the game is sold out via ticket master?
I'm quite sure this is part of the issue. People out here are not used to secondary markets. Dbacks playoff tickets the last few years were available directly from the team basically day of and Suits own most of the Suns tickets anyway.

However I still think it basically comes down to this. Nobody has any money in this town.

Just about every market it's hard to move stuff in. Ask anyone in sales or purchasing, or anyone who used to make money selling things locally. Coyote fans in the valley go to the games they can in the regular season. Any Coyote fan with a brain isn't budgeting for the team to go into the second round and beyond, because well they never have before. The fans who actually do still have SOME money left look on ticket master and see that basically nothing is available and take that as truth and move on. They don't even bother checking stub hub because they expect high prices there, and can barely afford direct from the team prices.

Also even in the playoffs there are east side people who simply won't go. It's lame but it is what it is at this point. So you are relying on the west side more heavily. If you think people in the valley in general have no money as I do, then you have to realize it's probably 100% worse of a financial situation on the west side.

It all comes down to economics and they are still ****.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:57 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

ok but if it is because folks are broke, why can I sell the same ticket for Game 5 last series (Monday game) for $100 each and a WCF game 2 for $35 each?

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:10 PM
zz

Quote:
ok but if it is because folks are broke, why can I sell the same ticket for Game 5 last series (Monday game) for $100 each and a WCF game 2 for $35 each?
Game 5 is always more attractive than game 1 or 2. Still, I'm very disappointed. I understand west-side hard core fans running out of money. I really do. It's a lot of dough that people weren't budgeting for.

But I always assumed that a championship run in any pro league would attract wealthier casual fans / bandwagoners (just like LA). We're not competing for attention with any other local team right now. I don't care how we spin it, it's baffling that tickets aren't being sold at face value for a Stanley Cup semi-final.

If the conditions for a successful team here have to be:

- perfect economy
- perfect arena location
- week-end games only, except holidays
- stanley cup contention each and every year

...it's just not going to work. Ever. It's obvious no-one around here other than 15,000 Coyote fans give a flying **** whether this team wins, loses or leaves town.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:11 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
If ticket prices are actually worse this round, I think that adds to the theory. People who had that $100 free for a ticket don't anymore.

Also there probably is less demand given that they lost game 1.
There was a similar thing with the 2nd red wings series where they came into town down 2 games. The re-sale market was flooded like crazy and not surprisingly there were far more Wings fans in the building than in 2010.

I don't think there is a one size fits all reason for this issue as a whole, but I'd guess the money factor is at least half of it.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:22 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEL View Post
If the conditions for a successful team here have to be:

- perfect economy
- perfect arena location
- week-end games only, except holidays
- stanley cup contention each and every year

...it's just not going to work.
Agreed, and that's the way it seems right now, but I don't think it follows that that's how it's always going to be.

-A better economy isn't necessarily a perfect one. It's just better.
-While the arena is fixed, the surrounding area is not. I don't know enough about Glendale or Westgate or any of that to speculate on the development, but it's entirely possible that (especially if/when the local economy rebounds a bit) this dynamic could shift, if only slightly.
-You'll always have people who can only make it to the games on weekends, for whatever reason. But a larger fanbase means a larger subset of folks who can get and will get there during the week.
-I don't think the team needs to be a contender every year to retain fans, but it does need to do it occasionally to build an audience. And again, that doesn't happen overnight. This is the first time this franchise has ever made it this far, and it's still without an owner. Plenty of reasons to be skeptical.

Still not a particularly rosy outlook by any means, but I don't think it's any different than it was a few weeks ago. If the sky is falling, it's maintaining a pretty steady rate of descent.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:35 PM
MollerManor

I don't mean to go off topic here, but you guys got some balls to back a team then has some many question marks and variables with relocating and ownership. Hats off to those dedicated few.

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Mr Pukhead
Where's my ambulance

Hi, could someone please direct me to the Phoenix Coyotes 11-12 Ticket Exchange Thread. I seem to have been directed to the BOH threads.

Mr Pukhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:38 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pukhead View Post
Hi, could someone please direct me to the Phoenix Coyotes 11-12 Ticket Exchange Thread. I seem to have been directed to the BOH threads.
Fair point. Let's move this to the Ownership discussion thread and leave this one for its intended purpose.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 02:57 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

I got it, Rodger Waters "The Wall?" is in Concert Downtown Tonight!

I don't quite buy "people are running out of money," we're a metro area of $3m +, we all cant be running out of money at the same time. Rational Economic logic states that the demand curve is flat [for this game] and that there effectively is market disequilibrium, pricing isn't [likely] the issue here. There simply are less folks that want to attend this particular game. I'm just not sure why

Old
05-19-2012, 07:06 PM
RR

Ticket Available Sunday

If you're in or coming to LA for game 4 I have an extra ticket. Seat is in Section 106 (Coyotes 2-attack end) which would be equivalent to Sect 104 at Jobing. I'll take any reasonable offer. I don't want the ticket to go to waste and I want a Yotes fan sitting in it. You will be sitting with art.vandelay and myself (maybe a deal-killer, idk).
PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by RR: 05-19-2012 at 08:11 PM.
RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 11:36 AM
RR

Still have a ticket for today. I'm in downtown LA so if you want it, come on down.

RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 06:17 PM
kingbrutis

2 for Tuesday?

kingbrutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Jamieh

I will decide for sure by tomorrow if I want to fly down for game 5 or not?? If I don't I have 2 seats in section 106 row J if anyone is interested. They will be at around face value.

Jamieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 12:26 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamieh View Post
I will decide for sure by tomorrow if I want to fly down for game 5 or not?? If I don't I have 2 seats in section 106 row J if anyone is interested. They will be at around face value.
What is face value? I might be interested in the game in general, still not sure if I'm going to go down though. I work a 10 hour shift and then I would be driving down, watching the game, then driving up, and working at 5am the next morning. It would take so much out of me, but would be well worth it.

I haven't even looked at ticket prices.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:05 AM
kkimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
To add:
Kings have been more successful in the playoffs along with having more star players.
People in the LA Area have more money to spend.
Kings have never experenced an ownership mess like the Coyotes have.

I'm willing to bet too that these prices would be higher as well if Coyotes never went into bankruptcy.
While our ownership mess wasn't quite as bad as what's happened to the Yotes, after the '93 Cup loss McNall gutted the team en route to Bankruptcy. For a few years the team was in ownership and payroll limbo. We were lucky that AEG saw the bargain price they were selling for and realized they could make money. But it was a hard couple years to be a Kings fan watching Gretzky out there with very little support, and eventually demanding either a better team or a trade.

And since I'm on your boards, grats on a great game and a W.

Last edited by kkimo: 05-21-2012 at 02:07 AM. Reason: content
kkimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 02:16 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

I hate to ask but I feel like I have to...anybody got a single, or even a pair, for Tuesday?

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Jamieh

Mine are for sale. 2 tickets in Sec 106 Row J. Seats are on aisle in end that Coyotes attack twice. 3 rows above zamboni entrance. $100 per ticket. I will be putting these on ticketexchange later today but thought I would see if any of you folks are interested first.

Jamieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 10:36 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

ticket exchange isnt up and running yet for game 5, there are still extensive sections of seats available on ticketmaster for game 5.

Interesting note, I looked into stubhub available tickets for Clippers game 4 (Staples Center); and noticed quite a substantial number of seats selling in the $25-$35 range.

Old
05-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
I know of places to get $50 lower level tickets for tonight. I dont want to post it so PM if interested. I will check my box for about the next 2 hours. Its being annoying but I just saw at least 2 tickets available and could be more; can buy singles also.

Last edited by Naurutger: 05-22-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:49 PM
XX
... Waiting

Anyone got any discount codes? Thinking of going to the opener.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:33 AM
zz

Ugh. My wife just tells me now she'd like to go to the opener. I'm not holding much hope, but if anyone's got 2 tickets, I'm buying.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:39 AM
zz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama19 View Post
Tickets for the home opener, if you really have to go...

http://www.stubhub.com/phoenix-coyot...-2013-4222721/
Thx, I know, but I'm not spending $ 80 / ticket for nose bleeds at a regular season game. I'll pay face value, if that doesn't work out, no biggie. I don't usually beg for tickets here, but for once I thought I'd give it a shot.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Thx, I know, but I'm not spending $ 80 / ticket for nose bleeds at a regular season game. I'll pay face value, if that doesn't work out, no biggie. I don't usually beg for tickets here, but for once I thought I'd give it a shot.
Yeah the next cheapest is about 190 total through ebay which is about 30 over face value from ticketmaster:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=21905495927

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:33 AM
ssmatik

Quote:
I would plan to go and then start going down the list on Craigslist around 6 tonight. The price WILL drop. They offered a boatload of tickets at next to free to STHs. Lots of folks all trying to make a quick buck will start to panic around the time the sun goes down.

ssmatik is offline   Reply With Quote