HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #2 - Canucks vs. Oilers - 6 p.m Sportsnet

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 09:51 AM
Tiranis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Joe View Post
This is preceded by people in the streets burning there Ebbet jerseys, turning into a mass riot which will later be dubbed the receding hairline riot.
So it will be a riot of one, the poor soul who got the game-worn jersey yesterday?

Old
01-20-2013, 10:11 AM
MikeK

vCash: 10000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I find it amusing that people single out the drop pass when they had a ton of other great entries and scored 2 PP goals. Also, this team always starts out poorly. But I'm sure THIS is finally the time that it's for real and not just the usual poor start.
I find it amusing that you find that amusing. Keep those goggles on. They sure are working.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:29 AM
TowMater14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
nice gdt. Oilers win 8-1
You guys had a rough night so we'll go easy on you.
Why? Just why would you say something like this? You sound like a Calgary fan. I personally think that Vancouver will come out strong in this on and it will be a close one either way. Either way.... It will be a good game!

Old
01-20-2013, 10:35 AM
CP

I am looking forward to this game because of Yakupov and Shultz.
I wouldn't be suprised if this is as enlightening for the Oilers fans as Bure's first game was for us so many years ago.
I predict the Canucks will get Tarasenkoed.
Yes, I just invented a new verb.
BTW St. Louis looks scary good if they can now score.
I'll give the Canucks a pass if they get blown out tonight, but they need to get their crap together next game.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Nuck This

Put Kassian with the twins and call up Schroeder for the second line

Old
01-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

Expect another loss tonight, maybe not a blowout if the D coverage is better and we don't allow a volley of 3 on 2's but still most of our vets did not play during the lockout....the ones that did - Weise and Hansen - looked good. Makes it hard to explain why Kassian played so poorly though..

Old
01-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP View Post
I am looking forward to this game because of Yakupov and Shultz.
I wouldn't be suprised if this is as enlightening for the Oilers fans as Bure's first game was for us so many years ago.
I predict the Canucks will get Tarasenkoed.
Yes, I just invented a new verb.
BTW St. Louis looks scary good if they can now score.
I'll give the Canucks a pass if they get blown out tonight, but they need to get their crap together next game.
I'm a big Yakupov fan, but from every game I've ever seen of him, I've never seen him do anything close to what Bure did that game. If he can't do that against junior players, how is he going to do it against NHLers? (watch him do it now)

edit: should be noted, Bure was 20 when he made his NHL debut, Nail's only 19. I expect when he develops a bit more he can take his game up yet another level, but he does not have that extra step that Bure had. Nobody since Bure has had that.

Last edited by Samzilla: 01-20-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old
01-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Expect another loss tonight, maybe not a blowout if the D coverage is better and we don't allow a volley of 3 on 2's but still most of our vets did not play during the lockout....the ones that did - Weise and Hansen - looked good. Makes it hard to explain why Kassian played so poorly though..
I didn't think Kassian played poorly.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
I'm a big Yakupov fan, but from every game I've ever seen of him, I've never seen him do anything close to what Bure did that game. If he can't do that against junior players, how is he going to do it against NHLers? (watch him do it now)
Yeah no **** eh. Not even close.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:20 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
the Canucks might have the worst 2nd line in the league. actually I know they do.
They also have the most currently injured 2nd line in the league.

Not that I see things getting much better when they return. By the time Kesler and Booth have played enough together to really start gelling the season will be almost over.... maybe literally for us.

For the first time in a few years the Canucks making the playoffs is not a given. So much good competition and so little time.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
I think we need a dose of positive energy.

Best part of the night was comments post game from lou and schneider.

Ann Schmaltz ‏@annschmaltz
Luongo "should have had both those goals. In general I felt pretty good seeing the puck. Now if only Teemu could retire, we'd be all set."
Retweeted by News1130 Sports
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

2h Ann Schmaltz ‏@annschmaltz
Luongo on Schneider "the kid is so strong mentally. It's only one game. He's going to have no problem bouncing back." @VanCanucks
Retweeted by News1130 Sports

Ann Schmaltz ‏@annschmaltz
Schneider "I'll just put my head down, work my butt off and fix any mistakes I made." #Canucks

The one positive lou still being here, is he is a great influence on schneider regarding adversity.
Both are men of indomitable character who will hang together before they hang separately. I won't be the least bit surprised if they put the team on their back these first 10-15 games.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:21 AM
dookers9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydTheBarber View Post
I was told by my fellow Oilers fan this is the reincarnation of the 80's dynasty Oilers.

We need some massive help tomorrow.
Non-trolling Oilers fan here.

While it is true that optimism abounds in Oil Country this season, no one - at all - is REALLY believing that the Fab 5 is a legitimate comparison to the superstars of the 80s. People toss it around for fun, but the truth is known. Whether they state it openly or not.

Consider what our optimism would be about. It's not an authentic belief that the Oilers will compete for the Cup this year. Instead, it's that we'll finish higher in the standings than 29th/30th. Maybe a push for a playoff spot, something we've forgotten what it's like to have.

Just setting the record straight for those in Lotusland.

The great thing about it is that while there's a definite expectation to do better, we're just looking to compete and develop - Canucks fans don't have that privilege. It's "Get 'er done or bust". Talk about pressure.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:22 AM
theripper

why the hell should luongo start? he's already checked out of this team,and these games don't mean anything to him. he's still here not because he still wants to be here. you guys wanted Schneider,so let him play and let him deal with the situation,either good or bad.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
They also have the most currently injured 2nd line in the league.

Not that I see things getting much better when they return. By the time Kesler and Booth have played enough together to really start gelling the season will be almost over.... maybe literally for us.

For the first time in a few years the Canucks making the playoffs is not a given. So much good competition and so little time.
Think of how Detroit feels, lol. Remember that one female fan who started crying when their 23 home game winning streak was broken? Imagine the reaction if their 21 year playoff streak is broken.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:26 AM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
I didn't think Kassian played poorly.
He was better in the 3rd but too often he seems to play without purpose, without thinking. One time I saw him backcheck hard to the red line and then float the rest of the way aimlessly. What was the purpose of that?

Old
01-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Lundface

Burrows and Hamhuis: While not the only two, they are key pieces to this team that are very rusty. I noticed it with both of them in training camp, specifically Hamhuis didn't look even close to the same he has, and it carried over to the game. Hopefully they can get their timing back sooner rather than later. As it stands, Burrows isn't helping the Sedins much at all. I also think having Higgins and Hansen with Lapierre is a bit of a waste at the moment.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Schroeder Hansen
Raymond Lapierre Weise

In the meantime I'd try something like this :

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Burrows Higgins Hansen
Raymond Lapierre Weise

As some have mentioned, I wouldn't be opposed to playing a more defensive style while trying to get the timing back. We were way too loose last night, and sadly we don't have the fire power to be playing this way.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Interior Cascadian

Last night I dreamed the Canucks won 5-2. It's unlikely, but the final score always seems to be a stark contrast to what most of us predict. So 5-2 win it is.

And viva Cascadia.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:47 AM
The Protein Shake*
I'm Hungry.

Canucks win, 4-2.

Ebbet is a -2 but somehow scores a hat-trick..

Old
01-20-2013, 11:48 AM
Carl Carlson

After watching yesterday I'm thinking its probably going to take a couple of weeks for us to hit our stride. We might pull this one off but I wouldn't be surprised for another loss. I do think Schneider will play better in net tonight and will keep the game really close for us.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Canucker

5-3 Coilers. Team defense lets goalies down again. No offense other than the PP.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss View Post
Canucks win, 4-2.

Ebbet is a -2 but somehow scores a hat-trick..
Ebbett scores all 3 on the PP?

Old
01-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Ebbett scores all 3 on the PP?
which would beg the question "what the hell is ebbett doing on the pp?!?!", haha

Old
01-20-2013, 12:05 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
which would beg the question "what the hell is ebbett doing on the pp?!?!", haha
Hey..if he scores even 1 goal...I'll be happy

Old
01-20-2013, 12:05 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
And the PK...

Old
01-20-2013, 12:08 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carlson View Post
After watching yesterday I'm thinking its probably going to take a couple of weeks for us to hit our stride. We might pull this one off but I wouldn't be surprised for another loss. I do think Schneider will play better in net tonight and will keep the game really close for us.

If is like yesterday...I'll see you in COD

Closed Thread