HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Murray for Tarasenko=

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2013, 10:56 AM
  #26
96
Esq.
 
96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
His dislocation shouldn't in any way impact his play or value in the future.

I think this thread was made simply because Tarasenko had a 2 goal game.
The Blues are a team contending for the Cup this year. There's no way they'd trade a star offensive player for a guy who won't play at all this season. In the offseason, this would be a different story.

96 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:01 AM
  #27
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacain View Post
Blues fans would have said no to this a week, a month, or 6 months ago.
Undoubtedly. But that's evidently not why the thread was made.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:01 AM
  #28
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 10,993
vCash: 500
I LOVE Ryan Murray, but I'll deal him for Tarasenko any day of the week. Doubt the Blues would, they need his scoring touch, but we've got a nice Russian core building up and, man, Tank would be so awesome to have. Super jelly of the Blues.

Ludicrous Speed is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:03 AM
  #29
RomanianLeafs
Registered User
 
RomanianLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Romania
Posts: 2,328
vCash: 500
sorry cbj fans but there is no way blues would do that, tarasenko could be a superstar in this league, murray while a very good prospect i'm afraid he's not even the 2nd best prospect from 2012 draft, galchenyul grigorenko and maybe reilly will have more impact on their careers..

RomanianLeafs is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:26 AM
  #30
Channing Tatum
Step Up: On Ice
 
Channing Tatum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
douglas murray? sure.

Channing Tatum is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:49 AM
  #31
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne
 
Oberyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,646
vCash: 500
I think both teams would rather keep their own prospect. Tarasenko definitely proved he's ready for the NHL, and we've always lacked a high-end scorer like him. Murray is gonna be a stud for the Jackets, and if I were them, I would not trade him away for anything short of overpayment.

Oberyn is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 12:05 PM
  #32
bizzz*
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Minsk
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Columbus can tell you all about a Russian prospect scoring a bunch oft goals in his first game
Vitaly Yachmenev, Ivan Novoseltsev, Dmitry Nabokov, Stanislav Chistov, Alsexei Smirnov, Max Afinogenov, Oleg Kvasha.... All those Russians scored multiple points in their NHL debut. And yeah, Zherdev and Filatov looked promising...

bizzz* is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 12:06 PM
  #33
Prussian_Blue
Registered User
 
Prussian_Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Country: Germany
Posts: 7,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
The Blues are a team contending for the Cup this year. There's no way they'd trade a star offensive player for a guy who won't play at all this season. In the offseason, this would be a different story.
No, it wouldn't... the answer would still be "not no, but hell no."

Prussian_Blue is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 12:43 PM
  #34
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 50
For Douglas Murray, sure

DuckEatinShark is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 12:46 PM
  #35
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Not at all.

You aren't trading for Murray for what he can do in the next 6 months. You're trading for him for what he can do in the next 10 years.

Basically think of him as being in a holding pattern. Since the draft his value has gone neither up nor down. It's simply stayed the same.

Do I think the Blues should trade Tarasenko? No. Do I think the kid who was just recently drafted 2nd overall holds more value? Yes. Do I think this thread is way too reactionary based off of 1 game? Of course. Like I said, the only reason why this thread was made was because Tarasenko scored 2 goals tonight.
No, I thought something like this (maybe not Tarasenko but other similar sniping prospect) would have been a logical move ever since the Jackets missed out on Yakupov.

If anything the game reminded me that Tarasenko was a thing. He looked great yesterday but who the hell doesn't in a 6-0 game?

Halpysback is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 12:58 PM
  #36
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
No, I thought something like this (maybe not Tarasenko but other similar sniping prospect) would have been a logical move ever since the Jackets missed out on Yakupov.

If anything the game reminded me that Tarasenko was a thing. He looked great yesterday but who the hell doesn't in a 6-0 game?
It was 0-0 when he scored his 1st and 2-0 when he scored his 2nd...

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:02 PM
  #37
TheNuge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Realistically tara just had a big night for the club, wait an see how he produces over the rest of the short season.

As far as I'm concerned from an outsiders perspective, Murray has a much higher value than tara, not because of the Russian factor or anything like that... Hes a stand out player that played at the men's worlds as a 17 year old... He was taken over the NHL ready
Defenseman...

Realistic value,

Tarasenko
2nd

For
Murray

TheNuge is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:21 PM
  #38
frostyflo
#peskyblues
 
frostyflo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
No, I thought something like this (maybe not Tarasenko but other similar sniping prospect) would have been a logical move ever since the Jackets missed out on Yakupov.

If anything the game reminded me that Tarasenko was a thing. He looked great yesterday but who the hell doesn't in a 6-0 game?
Perron did. not the worst offensive player you can have
but as Kshahdoo said, it wasn`t exactly unimportant goals Frank scored

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
Realistically tara just had a big night for the club, wait an see how he produces over the rest of the short season.

As far as I'm concerned from an outsiders perspective, Murray has a much higher value than tara, not because of the Russian factor or anything like that... Hes a stand out player that played at the men's worlds as a 17 year old... He was taken over the NHL ready
Defenseman...

Realistic value,

Tarasenko
2nd

For
Murray
are you an expert?

frostyflo is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:24 PM
  #39
sh724
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Missouri
Country: United States
Posts: 2,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
Realistically tara just had a big night for the club, wait an see how he produces over the rest of the short season.

As far as I'm concerned from an outsiders perspective, Murray has a much higher value than tara, not because of the Russian factor or anything like that... Hes a stand out player that played at the men's worlds as a 17 year old... He was taken over the NHL ready
Defenseman...

Realistic value,

Tarasenko
2nd

For
Murray
Murray might have been playing in the WCs at 17 but tarasenko was playing professionally at 16 in the KHL. The reason why it took tank so long to come over is because he was under contract with the KHL and did not have much of a choice. He had the option of buying out his contract but his dad was his head coach in the KHL.

If tarasenko was from the US or Canada he easily would have been a top 3 pick and could have been picked before Hall and/or Seguin.

sh724 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:24 PM
  #40
CarvinSigX
Registered User
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 7,929
vCash: 2616
It's only realistic because you're saying it, right? Wrong. You know what is realistic? The Blues not trading a potential star forward to a division rival for an injured player, especially when the Blues are one of the strongest defensive teams in the league, if not ever...And they're trying to win NOW.

CarvinSigX is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:32 PM
  #41
Bluesnatic27
Registered User
 
Bluesnatic27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
Realistically tara just had a big night for the club, wait an see how he produces over the rest of the short season.

As far as I'm concerned from an outsiders perspective, Murray has a much higher value than tara, not because of the Russian factor or anything like that... Hes a stand out player that played at the men's worlds as a 17 year old... He was taken over the NHL ready
Defenseman...

Realistic value,

Tarasenko
2nd

For
Murray




I'm going to politely say that you're wrong.

Murray may have player for the men's worlds as a 17 year old yes, but Tarasenko has been playing against that kind of competition since he was 16. Tarasenko has the ability to become a point per game player with his size, skating, offensive awareness, shooting, and all around playmaking ability. People are only saying the Murray has more value because he was drafted 2nd overall and they are not taking into account why he was ranked that high. He was never projected to become a number one defencemen, in fact, his projections are wavering around #3-4. He was drafted that highly because he was the safest prospect to reach the NHL right out of juniors instead of guys like Reilly who have much more upside but will take them longer to reach the pro level.

And before you ask, no, this hype for Tarasenko is not the result of his one game where he made the Wings look silly. He has had to deal with much steeper competition then Murray for a lot longer, and has become an All-Star in Russia. Even before Tarasenko was drafted, scouts were debating who is better between him and Seguin.

So long story short, if you want fair value, the deal you have proposed is not that.

Bluesnatic27 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:44 PM
  #42
Oshie97
Registered User
 
Oshie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
[/B]

I'm going to politely say that you're wrong.

Murray may have player for the men's worlds as a 17 year old yes, but Tarasenko has been playing against that kind of competition since he was 16. Tarasenko has the ability to become a point per game player with his size, skating, offensive awareness, shooting, and all around playmaking ability. People are only saying the Murray has more value because he was drafted 2nd overall and they are not taking into account why he was ranked that high. He was never projected to become a number one defencemen, in fact, his projections are wavering around #3-4. He was drafted that highly because he was the safest prospect to reach the NHL right out of juniors instead of guys like Reilly who have much more upside but will take them longer to reach the pro level.

And before you ask, no, this hype for Tarasenko is not the result of his one game where he made the Wings look silly. He has had to deal with much steeper competition then Murray for a lot longer, and has become an All-Star in Russia. Even before Tarasenko was drafted, scouts were debating who is better between him and Seguin.

So long story short, if you want fair value, the deal you have proposed is not that.
This, ppl just ignore the fact that he was a top scorer in the KHL before coming over, we're not trading him unless its for a stupid overpayment. The guy is exactly what the Blues need, someone who likes and is good at shooting the puck instead of looking for a pass all the time.

Oshie97 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:08 PM
  #43
SteenMachine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fenton, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 4,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
This, ppl just ignore the fact that he was a top scorer in the KHL before coming over, we're not trading him unless its for a stupid overpayment. The guy is exactly what the Blues need, someone who likes and is good at shooting the puck instead of looking for a pass all the time.
Eventually they'll realize it'd be like asking for Radulov and offering prospects, it's not even close to fair.

SteenMachine is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:11 PM
  #44
TheNuge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
Eventually they'll realize it'd be like asking for Radulov and offering prospects, it's not even close to fair.
To be fair all you blues fans are making this kid out to be the next pavel bure in terms of offensive statistics, you all need to calm down the kids played 1 NHL game... Yet your saying in other posts he's already won the Calder, just give it to him, and give the blues the cup... You sound worse than leaf fans, and how they over rank there prospects...

As many a man has said before in this thread, Columbus will tell you all about high profile Russians scoring alot in there first game...

So don't go expecting Sidney Crosby and malkin in return for your prospect that's played 1 NHL game...

TheNuge is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:15 PM
  #45
TheNuge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
This, ppl just ignore the fact that he was a top scorer in the KHL before coming over, we're not trading him unless its for a stupid overpayment. The guy is exactly what the Blues need, someone who likes and is good at shooting the puck instead of looking for a pass all the time.
Wrong he was not a top scorer in the KHL, 131 points I
207 games is far from that

TheNuge is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:16 PM
  #46
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!
 
FishManSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I Bet You Hate T.O
Country: Croatia
Posts: 4,909
vCash: 500
Tarasenko is going to be a superstar, love this kid.

FishManSam is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:22 PM
  #47
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,110
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
To be fair all you blues fans are making this kid out to be the next pavel bure in terms of offensive statistics, you all need to calm down the kids played 1 NHL game... Yet your saying in other posts he's already won the Calder, just give it to him, and give the blues the cup... You sound worse than leaf fans, and how they over rank there prospects...

As many a man has said before in this thread, Columbus will tell you all about high profile Russians scoring alot in there first game...

So don't go expecting Sidney Crosby and malkin in return for your prospect that's played 1 NHL game...
You seem to be very ignorant on your knowledge of Tarasenko. The Blues fans are not excited about him because of one good game. That is the point you keep bringing up. The Blues fans have been following him since he was drafted and playing in the KHL. He was always a highly thought of prospect. He was a top scorer in the KHL. His game transfers perfectly to the NHL. Tarasenko was considered to be one of the top prospects in the world last season.

I don't think there are any Blues fans who seriously think he has already won the Calder. If it was said it was more in a joking manner. As there are a lot of very talented rookies this season. Do we think he is one of the favorites for it of course we do.

It's kind of ironic and EDM fan would say don't expect to much for a player that played one NHL game seeing the Nail proposals over the summer.

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:26 PM
  #48
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,110
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNuge View Post
Wrong he was not a top scorer in the KHL, 131 points I
207 games is far from that
You are judging him since he was 16? Look at the scoring leaders last season in the KHL.


Player Team GP G A Pts +/– PIM
Alexander Radulov Salavat Yulaev Ufa 50 25 38 63 +1 64
Tony Mĺrtensson SKA Saint Petersburg 54 22 37 59 +35 10
Vadim Schipachev Severstal Cherepovets 54 22 37 59 +16 26
Brandon Bochenski Barys Astana 49 27 31 58 +4 26
Kevin Dallman Barys Astana 53 18 36 54 +15 33
Jakub Petružálek Amur Khabarovsk 54 22 29 51 +14 16
Aleksey Morozov Ak Bars Kazan 53 21 29 50 +10 24
Sergei Shirokov CSKA Moscow 53 18 30 48 +7 26
Vladimir Tarasenko SKA Saint Petersburg 54 23 24 47 +18 15
Petr Vrána Amur Khabarovsk 46 20 25 45 +18 12

Also his playoff stats last season getting minimal ice time he got over a PPG

2011-2012 SKA ST. PETERSBURG-KHL 15 10 6 16 6


Last edited by spiny norman: 01-20-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: not needed
HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:30 PM
  #49
CitizenSnips
TheFightingMongooses
 
CitizenSnips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Not at all.

You aren't trading for Murray for what he can do in the next 6 months. You're trading for him for what he can do in the next 10 years.

Basically think of him as being in a holding pattern. Since the draft his value has gone neither up nor down. It's simply stayed the same.

Do I think the Blues should trade Tarasenko? No. Do I think the kid who was just recently drafted 2nd overall holds more value? Yes. Do I think this thread is way too reactionary based off of 1 game? Of course. Like I said, the only reason why this thread was made was because Tarasenko scored 2 goals tonight.
The problem with this logic is that if Tarasenko was a guarantee to come over to the NHL during his draft year, there is no way he is drafted any later than third and possibly first or second. He would be looked at as the same level talent as Hall and Seguin. That said, why would we trade a 3rd(ish) for a 2nd that is 2 years development time away and that doesn't address our biggest need from last year?

Sorry, there is no logic that would make us even take a look at this deal. We are trying to win now and we have been excited for this kid long enough.

CitizenSnips is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:53 PM
  #50
candyman82
Registered User
 
candyman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,414
vCash: 500
No reason for either side to do this right now

candyman82 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.