HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 08:50 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
last couple of season the nucks took 20 games to wale up--they do not have that option this year

Old
01-20-2013, 08:52 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
No thanks needed. I think it's safe to say Schneider/Luongo are better than that.

That and when we play Boston, you'll have your revenge.lol
Thank god we only play them 4 times this season.

They're going to shred us..unless Carlyle has some plan in mind.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Pepper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Where's the jumping to conclusions mat when you need it?

1 game, win or lose, no matter how bad or how great, means nothing more than it being 1 game. I think people will realize how much they have overreacted as the season progresses.
Hey, it's the name of the game. Hockey fans go bonanza after every season opener, win or lose.

Give Luongo/Schneider atleast 10 games before making any conclusions (not directed at you). SO against the Oilers tonight and Schneider will be the second-coming of Hasek in Canucknation.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:03 AM
crazyhawk

So who do the Canucks start tonight?
Schneider being the #1 should start to reafirm his status but Lou was slotted to start against the Oil.
The Oilers have a deadly offense and the Canuck's D stank up the joint last night ....
Either way I look at it they're damned if they do and damned if they don't!
Gotta love the intensity of a good ole controversy!

Old
01-20-2013, 09:10 AM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhawk View Post
So who do the Canucks start tonight?
Schneider being the #1 should start to reafirm his status but Lou was slotted to start against the Oil.
The Oilers have a deadly offense and the Canuck's D stank up the joint last night ....
Either way I look at it they're damned if they do and damned if they don't!
Gotta love the intensity of a good ole controversy!
If I was involved in the decision, I would definitely go with Roberto for tonight's game. There isn't a controversy, IMO, but it would serve as a wake up call for Cory Schneider and perhaps jump start his competitive personality.

It would have less to do with Roberto than it would with getting Schneider in game shape mentally.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:16 AM
crazyhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
If I was involved in the decision, I would definitely go with Roberto for tonight's game. There isn't a controversy, IMO, but it would serve as a wake up call for Cory Schneider and perhaps jump start his competitive personality.

It would have less to do with Roberto than it would with getting Schneider in game shape mentally.
I imagine you're right with Lou getting the start but can you imagine what happens if the Oil's offense light him up? Again it is only the first two games of the year but it does add fuel to the media/fan attention on the goaltending issue in the Left Coast.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:17 AM
Zonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
Very ironic that Jose Theodore and Ben Scrivens absolutely stood on their heads while Schneider and Luongo were moving around like a bunch of drunken sailors. That being said, I expect that they'll turn it around next game. I think the reality is, this game would have been terrifying for Vancouver fans if Luongo had already been traded. On a side note, am I the only one who noticed both Theodore and Luongo were wearing equipment that looked like it was representing they are prepared for a move. The ol' black and white pads.
Are you blaming Canucks ownership for not restricting the free beer to just the fans?

Old
01-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Wizeman*

Schneider doesnt get 'rattled' . He wasnt physically prepared to play last night and it showed. He was in position for all the goals and made weak plays on the 3 that were stoppable.

When someone is rattled, they overplay the puck, or scramble around, or are way off their angle, or try too hard.

He played exactly the same as he did if he was getting a shut out. The only difference was instead of hitting his arm or pads, the pucks went through him into the goal.

Lui looked far better physically but he still looked rusty but I have to hand it to the ducks. They made some pretty wicked shots that maybe a goalie stops at playoff time but not the first game back after almost a 2/3rds of a year.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Fogelhund

If @strombone1 is actually Lou, it seems as though Lou has a pretty good sense of humour. I can only imagine he is finding this whole thing rather amusing as well.

I have no idea what Vancouver chooses to do tonight. Playing Luongo just makes more sense. Give Schneider some time to pull himself back together. If they played Schneider and he craps the bed again, then you have a bit of a problem.

FWIW, I am drawing no conclusions on one game, but I do find this incredibly amusing. What is great about it, is how adamant some posters were that nothing could go wrong for them, and that playing the season would just strengthen their positions. I like a good debate, and I hope that nobody goes off the rails and gets banned here. We are all passionate about hockey and our teams. That isn't to say that I won't continue to laugh (and post about it), if this first game is a trend.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Sportserie

I predict Luongo never leaves Vancouver. I am not saying just because Schneider had one poor game this takes place... I don't know, I am big on fated signs, meant to be signals you get from this Universe and I just feel like last night was saying something about how things are going to play out. At the very least, Luongo stays this season... I feel like he will be there for more too.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
If @strombone1 is actually Lou, it seems as though Lou has a pretty good sense of humour. I can only imagine he is finding this whole thing rather amusing as well.

I have no idea what Vancouver chooses to do tonight. Playing Luongo just makes more sense. Give Schneider some time to pull himself back together. If they played Schneider and he craps the bed again, then you have a bit of a problem.

FWIW, I am drawing no conclusions on one game, but I do find this incredibly amusing. What is great about it, is how adamant some posters were that nothing could go wrong for them, and that playing the season would just strengthen their positions. I like a good debate, and I hope that nobody goes off the rails and gets banned here. We are all passionate about hockey and our teams. That isn't to say that I won't continue to laugh (and post about it), if this first game is a trend.

Adamant nothing could go wrong for them? As in not lose any games during a season?

Playing the season does strengthen their position. If you have only one team with a great need before the start of the season, as the season wears on, the odds of other teams showing a more acute need increases. I'm not sure how this game changes that...

It's cool that you find it amusing though.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
So buyout or trade where they retain half his cap hit?

If there is no way he's still in Vancouver next year there are some pretty nasty options on how the canucks get rid of him.

There are a lot of goalies and teams not in game shape yet that have really been hurt by the lockout. Problem for the Canucks is with the Luongo trade still in question this put that much more pressure on the goalies and you dont really need that on young unproven guy like Schneider.

No buyout, it will be a trade. Cap retention doesn't seem likely in that trade either. Perhaps the Canucks take a contract back to buyout, but I don't see them keeping partial cap on their books in the Luongo deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboholic View Post
Buddy, people are just having fun with it, try not to take it so seriously.

If the Leafs let in 7 goals and Vancouver came close to a shutout , the exact same thing would be happening in this thread, if not worse.

In your head people are over reacting, in reality most just find the situation hilarious.

I'm not the one making season long predictions after one game. I wouldn't be attributing concern to me, I know it's just one game and I've seen this movie before with the Canucks.

I seriously doubt people would be laughing at the Leafs for getting shelled. The reason this is ironic is because the Canucks _have_ the legit starters, supposedly, while the Leafs don't. This is why this is "amusing". If it were the Leafs getting a 7 spot posted on them, people would understand that it was likely due to the goaltending. Hence, somewhat expected. Schneider getting shelled wasn't expected.

Goes to show why the Canucks lost the season series to the Ducks last year too. That team just has the Canucks' number it seems.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Fogelhund

The only way this could get more amusing, is if somehow Schneider starts tonight, and the Oilers light him up. I might suggest the Oilers have more fans than normal for tonights game.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Vitto79

Does something like this not make sense, 3 team deal

TO- Markstrom
FLA- Luongo
Van- Bozak (2nd line C), Clemmensen(vet backup), Upshall(cap dump)

Old
01-20-2013, 10:48 AM
lush
@jasonlush

Quote:
The only way this could get more amusing, is if somehow Schneider starts tonight, and the Oilers light him up. I might suggest the Oilers have more fans than normal for tonights game.
It really is an incredibly amusing storyline, fun to see Lu go in last night though, the crowd had his back

Old
01-20-2013, 10:53 AM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I seriously doubt people would be laughing at the Leafs for getting shelled. The reason this is ironic is because the Canucks _have_ the legit starters, supposedly, while the Leafs don't. This is why this is "amusing". If it were the Leafs getting a 7 spot posted on them, people would understand that it was likely due to the goaltending. Hence, somewhat expected. Schneider getting shelled wasn't expected. .
I call complete and utter ******** on this. You Nucks would be right in here taking every jab you could; even starting before these results happened; where the running joke was to sit back and watch the Leafs goalies collapse to open the season; so they would get desperate. All this while your "elite" goalies who are a supposed luxury to have; which supposedly there is no reason to trade either of them with no pressure; perform stellar.

Well there is your humble pie; atleast a few of you ate it. Leafs fans are aware of the situation we are in; Nucks are not.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:57 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
That would be all their scouts so they can acquire Luongo

Old
01-20-2013, 11:00 AM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

Quote:

Does anyone know what was tweeted by strombone1?

Old
01-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Inverted

Some people need to stop overreacting as its only game, Quick also had a horrible game I guess LA should look to trade him as well.

Gotta say it was a little funny watching close up's of Bobby Lu as Schneider allowed those sofities and eventually got pulled, having said I still believe Cory will be one heck of a goalie in the league going forward.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:09 AM
crazyhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
Some people need to stop overreacting as its only game, Quick also had a horrible game I guess LA should look to trade him as well.

Gotta say it was a little funny watching close up's of Bobby Lu as Schneider allowed those sofities and eventually got pulled, having said I still believe Cory will be one heck of a goalie in the league going forward.
I felt pretty much this way too till last night when I saw how tightly wound he is by the look on his face sitting on the bench after being pulled. Just a crack of doubt creeped in at that moment for me as his ability to deal with the pressure of being a number 1 may not be as easy as originally thought.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:10 AM
JD12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
I call complete and utter ******** on this. You Nucks would be right in here taking every jab you could; even starting before these results happened; where the running joke was to sit back and watch the Leafs goalies collapse to open the season; so they would get desperate. All this while your "elite" goalies who are a supposed luxury to have; which supposedly there is no reason to trade either of them with no pressure; perform stellar.

Well there is your humble pie; atleast a few of you ate it. Leafs fans are aware of the situation we are in; Nucks are not.
Except....you know...... Montreal has zero defence and was pretty much guaranteed last in the East

Old
01-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Crows*

Canucks getting shelled at home With spotty goaltending and horrific defense is nothing new. This has been happening for a few years against the quackers.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:20 AM
crazyhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Canucks getting shelled at home With spotty goaltending and horrific defense is nothing new. This has been happening for a few years against the quackers.
The true test will come tonight against the youthfull gunslinging Oil.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Crows*

Quote:
The true test will come tonight against the youthfull gunslinging Oil.
Could be ugly or the canucks could man handle them. Can see both lol

Old
01-20-2013, 11:25 AM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
I felt pretty much this way too till last night when I saw how tightly wound he is by the look on his face sitting on the bench after being pulled. Just a crack of doubt creeped in at that moment for me as his ability to deal with the pressure of being a number 1 may not be as easy as originally thought.
I think pat kane put that crack of doubt in his mind when he exposed him on another continent. I'm just happy this game wasn't against the hawks. I think we play them feb 1st. The Canucks better have it together because if they light up schneider, they know they will be in his head for the rest of time. Kane, please leave our goalie alone.

Especially in his post-game interview. The one thing about Schneider is that I always saw him being so damn mentally strong even when he had a bad game, but last night's post-game interview was not what I expected from him. He looked like someone had hit his dog. I thought Lu was the only one that was supposed to pull off those meltdown games where he lets in a few goals in quick succession. I didn't expect that from cory who is supposed to be so damn unflappable. I do believe the biggest reason for Cory playing poorly is because Luongo is still sitting on the bench, but if you can't relax in game 1 of the season then that is not a good sign. Snap out of it, Cory. I think Luongo is more surprised than anyone about Schneider's performance last night because even roberto admires Cory's mental toughness.

Closed Thread