HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K Subban Thread 4.0 - Still Unsigned Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 10:48 AM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Price is allowed to yell at his team on the ice. It is extremely frustrating to play behind a D that has no clue what they are doing, you constantly stop high scoring chances, only to watch your D stare at the wide-open man shooting pucks 3-4 times before they finally go in.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

I had a dream last night that PK Subban signed for 3 years/16 million

Old
01-20-2013, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Then the team would be going nowhere with Benn or anyone else the trade would bring in. So what's the point?
We can win if we start to build a team that has the guts to play in the middle of the ice like Benn. Big centers are hard to find. I am not sold on PK being the franchise player but he can be good. I would not trade him just to trade him.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
The more the team loses, the worse PK being separated from the team is going to be...such a pointless controversy. This will be more detrimental long term IMO compared to Bergervin's contract standards not being met this once.
The whole thing is a joke. This is mutual assured destruction for all involved aside from our draft positioning. The team needs him on the ice, Subban needs to be playing hockey after not playing since early April 2012 and the fanbase deserves better than going through this.

One thing this new CBA should have had is a signing deadline BEFORE the season begins. If you are a RFA and you are not signed by 24 hours before the start of the season, you can't play that season. The problem here is there's seemingly no hard deadline.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:55 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
1. Dumb move by Price, but the fans really need to calm down with their booing and sarcastic cheers towards their own players.
2. A baseball cap defines a person's attitude? Nope.
3. Again, fans booing Price after a pre-season game. Glad Price put them in their place before playing his best season of his career thus far.
4. You do not know anything about his training regimen, please don't assume you do by the couple of pictures of him having a smoke, a drink, and hunting. His personal life does not reflect who he is in the dressing room.
5. Only dumb thing Price has done that you mentioned. Markov seemed to fix that though, so I hope he doesn't continue his yapping.
I don't want to get into an argument about the above. I just wanted to make the point that Subban is villified and he doesn't seem to have done anything wrong. Imagine if he had done what Price has...

Old
01-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
The whole thing is a joke. This is mutual assured destruction for all involved aside from our draft positioning. The team needs him on the ice, Subban needs to be playing hockey after not playing since early April 2012 and the fanbase deserves better than going through this.

One thing this new CBA should have had is a signing deadline BEFORE the season begins. If you are a RFA and you are not signed by 24 hours before the start of the season, you can't play that season. The problem here is there's seemingly no hard deadline.
There is a hard deadline. It's December 1st for the standard seasons.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:57 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
If he gets the money and length he reportedly wants, the fans will light him up if he doesn't live up to every dollar.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:59 AM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
When I hear things on these boards and on tv like Subban has carried the Habs into 15th in the East. It's just wrong. How about when he was put in a playoff situation as a rookie where you had to shut down Sid the Kid, reigning Stanley Cup champs and does a great job. Game 7 drawing a penalty late in the game and ties it up vs Boston and neutralizing David Krejci.who went on to be Boston's leading scorer iirc. Also what has Tavares done except lead his team to 14th in the conference and don't even mention Eberle and the Oilers
I think Subban has proven himself more then enough. Give him 5mil cap hit for 8 years. First 2 years around 3,75 to 4 later at around 5,75 to 6. I highly doubt he'd refuse this offer.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:04 AM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
If he gets the money and length he reportedly wants, the fans will light him up if he doesn't live up to every dollar.
Welcome to pro sports.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:05 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
This entire situation just sucks all around, but I'm trying to look at it a bit like the lock-out.

There's nothing we can do about it but just hold on and hope for the best and when it does come to an end we can move on and cheer for our team (player)

Old
01-20-2013, 11:18 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
Welcome to pro sports.
I think he would have had some leeway had he signed before the lockout. Now there's a big magnifying glass.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:22 AM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
Welcome to pro sports.
Do you live in Montreal?

Old
01-20-2013, 11:27 AM
Habs

Why would anyone be opposed to moving PK, if the return was good for Montreal?

Old
01-20-2013, 11:28 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
Do you live in Montreal?
I do.
PK has been one of our better performers over the last two years. Why would that change all of a sudden?
He's a 23yo player that has progressed tremendously fast over the years, and now, just because he gets the deal he wants, that's supposed to change??

I swear some people have no logic, and assume the worse.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:40 AM
habsfanatics

When gionta scored that goal last night, instead of skating to the assist man and giving him high five, he show-boated on his own. He's got a lot of maturing to do if he ever wants to make it in this league

Old
01-20-2013, 11:41 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I do.
PK has been one of our better performers over the last two years. Why would that change all of a sudden?
He's a 23yo player that has progressed tremendously fast over the years, and now, just because he gets the deal he wants, that's supposed to change??

I swear some people have no logic, and assume the worse.
I always thought you lived in laval.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I think that it's because the belief we'd get something more valuable than PK in the return is very, very slim. Or even just as good. Why would a team move away a young player that is as promising as PK.
A PMD that is as effective as him in all three situations is very rare, and to do so at only 23 is phenomenal. That's without even talking about his potential.
So ya, we all know the classic line ''if Gretzky was traded, anybody can be traded''. It's true, anybody can be traded, but I doubt a team would be willing to pay the very expensive price in order to get PK.
Furthermore, it would be the first time I see the best player of a team at 23, being moved because he wants to sign a longer deal. And what if we get a young player still in his ELC? Are we going to be right back to where we are today?
Also, it's counterproductive to trade a player that holds such a key position. Say we trade him for a forward, we'd be right back after that looking for a Dman that brings what PK does, and as well as him.

When you are rebuilding, you don't usually don't trade away your best player that happens to be 23. You build around him.

It simply makes no sense to move him really. But if the Pens want to offer Malkin, sure. Won't happen though.

This isn't an individual thing. This is a managerial problem. This is very similar to Gainey's ''no re-signing during season''. If Bergevin can't recognize that PK already earned more than just a 2year deal, and he's an exceptional talent, not a norm, then we have a big problem with our GM.

Last edited by Kriss E: 01-20-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old
01-20-2013, 11:45 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I'm not opposed to moving him for a player as good as he is and with as much potential as he has. I doubt it's a realistic option but if it's there, sure. Doing that would certainly be more sensible than letting him sit at home...

But the return has to be equal. Not just "good". And why would another team send us a player as good and as promising as Subban ? Chances are we would get a project and/or picks. There is an old saying which goes : Whoever gets the best player wins the trade. It's true nearly every time.

Old
Teufelsdreck

Judging by what I saw last night the Habs need far more than PK to be competitive. In the meantime they're saving money.

Now that that I've gotten that out of system I don't think I'm being facetious when I suggest trading him to Columbus for their 2013 first rounder, which is bound to be #1 or #2, to go along with the Habs' own high first rounder and 3 seconds. I may not live long enough to see another Cup parade (I'm 83) but some of you surely will.

Old
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I always thought you lived in laval.
I sleep in Laval, I live in Mtl

Old
01-20-2013, 11:47 AM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
all it takes is a player that doesn't want to follow a team idea (Bridge contract) A GM that does not and SHOULD not blink and a team that do not like said player to the extreme (at least of the ice and in the locker room)

Sadly, when these three things are in effect, last thing to do is to trade the player...

Don't get me wrong, i'll be piss, i love PK, but no one NO ONE is bigger than the team or the game....
Handcuffing yourself to a ridiculous policy like MB is doing is plain old bad management. A good manager would base every contract decision on the merits, not some predetermined policy he pulled out of his ass.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:47 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
That comes with the territory. It's the same situation Pacioretty and Price are in.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I sleep in Laval, I live in Mtl
I slept on Sherbrooke Avenue and walked to the Forum before I emigrated to the US. My heart still belongs to le Canadien.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Judging by what I saw last night the Habs need far more than PK to be competitive. In the meantime they're saving money.

Now that that I've gotten that out of system I don't think I'm being facetious when I suggest trading him to Columbus for their 2013 first rounder, which is bound to be #1 or #2, to go along with the Habs' own high first rounder and 3 seconds. I may not live long enough to see another Cup parade (I'm 83) but some of you surely will.
But what's the point of that? There's no guarantee that we will ever get a talent as good as PK with all those picks combined. You trade aging vets at the deadline as rentals for picks.
You don't trade 23yo for picks, especially not one with the potential to be one of the better Dman of this league. It's like going backwards.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:01 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
That comes with the territory. It's the same situation Pacioretty and Price are in.
Didn't they sign a two year deal before this? I must be confused PK is being cheated if he doesn't have to follow the same.

Closed Thread