HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2013, 07:28 AM
  #251
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
No way he has the same OVERALL impact on a game as Kopitar or Richards has. Brown maybe, but not the Dustin Brown beast of these past playoffs.
I suggest sitting tight and watching ten fifteen games and see how the new team system works, you know the mentality out there on the ice. LA shocked everyone, they played over their own heads the whole playoffs.

thewave is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 07:33 AM
  #252
thewave
Registered User
 
thewave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Meh. I'd rather wait 'til the summer. See what we have in Reimer, draft so we're not tempted to trade the pick, see what transpires with free agency.

If we make the playoffs I see no reason to upgrade over what we have. If were far out of it, Bernier isnt going to be the difference, and may just take out of the top picks.
You can't teach speed, Reims is slow, played a half season over his head and now this is it. Frat looks good but he has not found a finish and is old now. I would really need to think long and hard bit honestly think I would be more comfortable making the deal.

thewave is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:33 AM
  #253
dubplatepressure
Registered User
 
dubplatepressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,701
vCash: 500
Off Topic: Did anyone catch any of the St Louis game? Tarasenko looks absolutely lights out. Wow. What a prospect.

Ugh...

At least Kadri looked good really good.

On the subject of Scrivens, I thought he had a habit of falling backward and starfishing, instead of just staying up and in butterfly in his crease last night.

Scrivens played ok, but he didn't impress me.

dubplatepressure is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:49 AM
  #254
Dark Passenger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,957
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Meh. I'd rather wait 'til the summer. See what we have in Reimer, draft so we're not tempted to trade the pick, see what transpires with free agency.

If we make the playoffs I see no reason to upgrade over what we have. If were far out of it, Bernier isnt going to be the difference, and may just take out of the top picks.
Completely agree. Show some patience for a change. Give this group a chance to prove their worth. Personally dont think they are good enough, but that may allow us to get a much needed top 10 draft pick and more time for Carlyle to instill a better defensive approach.

During summer, thats when I would look to make a move for Bernier if thats what is required and address whether Lupul gets a new contract.

Dark Passenger is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:30 AM
  #255
TheDream
Registered User
 
TheDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Off Topic: Did anyone catch any of the St Louis game? Tarasenko looks absolutely lights out. Wow. What a prospect.

Ugh...

At least Kadri looked good really good.

On the subject of Scrivens, I thought he had a habit of falling backward and starfishing, instead of just staying up and in butterfly in his crease last night.

Scrivens played ok, but he didn't impress me.
I didn't feel confident with Scrivens in net, he played well but you could definitely tell he isn't NHL #1 goalie material. Given theres an opportunity present for Bernier, I would make a strong case to go after him.

On a side note, whats up with Scrivens glove hand?

TheDream is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:47 AM
  #256
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 27,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceee View Post
I didn't feel confident with Scrivens in net, he played well but you could definitely tell he isn't NHL #1 goalie material. Given theres an opportunity present for Bernier, I would make a strong case to go after him.

On a side note, whats up with Scrivens glove hand?
He was raised by chickens and he still thinks his glove hand is a wing.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:55 AM
  #257
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceee View Post
I didn't feel confident with Scrivens in net, he played well but you could definitely tell he isn't NHL #1 goalie material. Given theres an opportunity present for Bernier, I would make a strong case to go after him.

On a side note, whats up with Scrivens glove hand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
He was raised by chickens and he still thinks his glove hand is a wing.
Unlike a certain other goalie in this town. Scrivens has actually made adjustments to correct a weak glovehand.

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:12 AM
  #258
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
I suggest sitting tight and watching ten fifteen games and see how the new team system works, you know the mentality out there on the ice. LA shocked everyone, they played over their own heads the whole playoffs.
I disagree. I think they floundered through most of the season and found their game in the playoffs. They are a solid team.

blasted_Sabre is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:31 AM
  #259
showtime8
Registered User
 
showtime8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
I disagree. I think they floundered through most of the season and found their game in the playoffs. They are a solid team.
No Willie Mitchell and Kopitar for a couple weeks hurts that team bad.

Especially for a team that relied so much on Mitchell, he's going to be a big piece missing on that defence. He's 35 years old, so it will take him even more time to get back into the game.

showtime8 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:50 AM
  #260
Hick Leafs Fan
HickTown
 
Hick Leafs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,053
vCash: 500
Hey guys, my buddy and i were having an argument if kessel will get traded by years end....i said he wont prob wont ...but just for arguments sake if he does what would you expects a fair deal for him......

Hick Leafs Fan is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:52 AM
  #261
Brody
Brooklyn ✔
 
Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,931
vCash: 24591
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan10 View Post
Hey guys, my buddy and i were having an argument if kessel will get traded by years end....i said he wont prob wont ...but just for arguments sake if he does what would you expects a fair deal for him......
From Philly, I'd want.

Couts + 1st + Voracek? Some may think its a huge overpayment, maybe switch Voracek with Read or something.

Brody is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:55 AM
  #262
Hick Leafs Fan
HickTown
 
Hick Leafs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
From Philly, I'd want.

Couts + 1st + Voracek? Some may think its a huge overpayment, maybe switch Voracek with Read or something.
That seems a bit too much....They value couts so much....but if we get that i'd love it (i like simmonds more than voracek tho)

Couts + Simmonds + 1st

Hick Leafs Fan is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:57 AM
  #263
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 33,828
vCash: 500
sunday morning hockey on NBC
buf 2 phi 1

looking for schenn LOL

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:58 AM
  #264
Hick Leafs Fan
HickTown
 
Hick Leafs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,053
vCash: 500
2-1 already

Hick Leafs Fan is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:59 AM
  #265
S2S
Come at me bros
 
S2S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 500
If we are to re-sign Bozak, Gunnarsson, Holzer, Kadri and Komarov, the total amount of their raises would equal the amount of Mike Komisarek, who will be bought out, thus approx 17 million in space in the offseason!

S2S is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 12:13 PM
  #266
Spazmatic Dan
The Leafs Are Good
 
Spazmatic Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chatham, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S View Post
If we are to re-sign Bozak, Gunnarsson, Holzer, Kadri and Komarov, the total amount of their raises would equal the amount of Mike Komisarek, who will be bought out, thus approx 17 million in space in the offseason!
Excellent.

Now we just need someone to spend it on!

I fully expect Getzlaf and Perry to re-sign in Anaheim.

Soo...Weiss maybe? Backstrom?

Spazmatic Dan is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 12:35 PM
  #267
LEAFSIN4
Registered User
 
LEAFSIN4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
Phaneuf

for

Stastny

The money is even, both teams trading from a position of strength for weakness. What do you guys think?

LEAFSIN4 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 12:41 PM
  #268
topched
Registered User
 
topched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleafsfan View Post
Phaneuf

for

Stastny

The money is even, both teams trading from a position of strength for weakness. What do you guys think?
Somebody needs to explain to me what the obsession with stastny is... The guy has declined in production 2 seasons now, isn't more than a 60pt forward. If you watch him play, he's not decidedly better than Grabovski.

Phaneuf is much more valuable to our team imo.

topched is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 12:46 PM
  #269
leugangen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleafsfan View Post
Phaneuf

for

Stastny

The money is even, both teams trading from a position of strength for weakness. What do you guys think?
Uh defense isn't actually our strength if you haven't noticed. 2nd-3rd line forward depth is where we can trade from. We have to hope for a quantity for quality trade.

leugangen is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 12:52 PM
  #270
threeGo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Somebody needs to explain to me what the obsession with stastny is... The guy has declined in production 2 seasons now, isn't more than a 60pt forward. If you watch him play, he's not decidedly better than Grabovski.

Phaneuf is much more valuable to our team imo.
agree. He barely produced more than bozak and we have no idea if he'd have any chemistry with lupul and kessel like bozak does. I want kadri to be given more ice time to prove himself. let's see if he can become our #1 center. then in the offseason we can attempt to sign getzlaf if he is still there. And if kadri blossoms we can move him to second line and try to trade/buyout grabovski. Bozak goes on third line and everything is good. We can then trade the KGM line purely for picks and/or prospects

JVR - Getzlaf - Perry
Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
Frattin - Bozak - Komorav
Orr - Mcclement - Brown

threeGo is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:10 PM
  #271
LEAFSIN4
Registered User
 
LEAFSIN4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
Uh defense isn't actually our strength if you haven't noticed. 2nd-3rd line forward depth is where we can trade from. We have to hope for a quantity for quality trade.
With players like Reilly, Gardiner, Finn, Holzer, Percy, Kostka, etc coming up through the system, I'd rather put more money in our forwards than defence.

LEAFSIN4 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:16 PM
  #272
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone
 
charliolemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan10 View Post
Hey guys, my buddy and i were having an argument if kessel will get traded by years end....i said he wont prob wont ...but just for arguments sake if he does what would you expects a fair deal for him......
1st + 2nd + 1st

charliolemieux is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:53 PM
  #273
calcal798
Registered User
 
calcal798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan10 View Post
That seems a bit too much....They value couts so much....but if we get that i'd love it (i like simmonds more than voracek tho)

Couts + Simmonds + 1st
Yeah but if you put Kessel with Giroux and Hartnell that is one of the most dynamic lines in hockey. Got to think Holmgren would start drooling over that.

calcal798 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:28 PM
  #274
dimi78
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,795
vCash: 500
Here's a question. We all know what the direction of this team is and what the plan is or at least I hope most of us do to have a decent conversation of opinions to what I'll ask.

What are the trade chips for the Leafs?

IMO these guys aren't going anywhere any time soon so we should forget including them in trade discussions.

-Phaneuf
-Kessel
-Lupul
-Grabovski

These guys are the key vets to this team and the plan is to get good quality young guys into the mix that these guys will help insulate them to grow & develop

These guys aren't going anywhere either

-JVR
-Gardiner
-Kadri
-Reilly

These are the key young guys at the moment the organization is projecting to grow & develop to join the other 4 above as the core of the team moving forward as it stands.

For me the key trade chips that I think Nonis has, some of which could fit into the team moving forward are.

-MacArthur
-Liles
-Franson
-Kulemin
-Gunnarson
-Bozak
-All of the rest of the prospects


Last edited by dimi78: 01-20-2013 at 03:19 PM.
dimi78 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:43 PM
  #275
glasses91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Steelheads!?
Country: Canada
Posts: 678
vCash: 250
my thoughts exactly but kulemin should be on the first list under grabo.

glasses91 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.