HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

2013 Leafs Trades/Proposals/Signings

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 07:28 AM
thewave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
No way he has the same OVERALL impact on a game as Kopitar or Richards has. Brown maybe, but not the Dustin Brown beast of these past playoffs.
I suggest sitting tight and watching ten fifteen games and see how the new team system works, you know the mentality out there on the ice. LA shocked everyone, they played over their own heads the whole playoffs.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:33 AM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Meh. I'd rather wait 'til the summer. See what we have in Reimer, draft so we're not tempted to trade the pick, see what transpires with free agency.

If we make the playoffs I see no reason to upgrade over what we have. If were far out of it, Bernier isnt going to be the difference, and may just take out of the top picks.
You can't teach speed, Reims is slow, played a half season over his head and now this is it. Frat looks good but he has not found a finish and is old now. I would really need to think long and hard bit honestly think I would be more comfortable making the deal.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:33 AM
dubplatepressure

Off Topic: Did anyone catch any of the St Louis game? Tarasenko looks absolutely lights out. Wow. What a prospect.

Ugh...

At least Kadri looked good really good.

On the subject of Scrivens, I thought he had a habit of falling backward and starfishing, instead of just staying up and in butterfly in his crease last night.

Scrivens played ok, but he didn't impress me.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:49 AM
Dark Passenger

Quote:
Meh. I'd rather wait 'til the summer. See what we have in Reimer, draft so we're not tempted to trade the pick, see what transpires with free agency.

If we make the playoffs I see no reason to upgrade over what we have. If were far out of it, Bernier isnt going to be the difference, and may just take out of the top picks.
Completely agree. Show some patience for a change. Give this group a chance to prove their worth. Personally dont think they are good enough, but that may allow us to get a much needed top 10 draft pick and more time for Carlyle to instill a better defensive approach.

During summer, thats when I would look to make a move for Bernier if thats what is required and address whether Lupul gets a new contract.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:30 AM
TheDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Off Topic: Did anyone catch any of the St Louis game? Tarasenko looks absolutely lights out. Wow. What a prospect.

Ugh...

At least Kadri looked good really good.

On the subject of Scrivens, I thought he had a habit of falling backward and starfishing, instead of just staying up and in butterfly in his crease last night.

Scrivens played ok, but he didn't impress me.
I didn't feel confident with Scrivens in net, he played well but you could definitely tell he isn't NHL #1 goalie material. Given theres an opportunity present for Bernier, I would make a strong case to go after him.

On a side note, whats up with Scrivens glove hand?

Old
01-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceee View Post
I didn't feel confident with Scrivens in net, he played well but you could definitely tell he isn't NHL #1 goalie material. Given theres an opportunity present for Bernier, I would make a strong case to go after him.

He was raised by chickens and he still thinks his glove hand is a wing.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:55 AM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
He was raised by chickens and he still thinks his glove hand is a wing.
Unlike a certain other goalie in this town. Scrivens has actually made adjustments to correct a weak glovehand.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:12 AM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
I suggest sitting tight and watching ten fifteen games and see how the new team system works, you know the mentality out there on the ice. LA shocked everyone, they played over their own heads the whole playoffs.
I disagree. I think they floundered through most of the season and found their game in the playoffs. They are a solid team.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:31 AM
showtime8

Quote:
I disagree. I think they floundered through most of the season and found their game in the playoffs. They are a solid team.
No Willie Mitchell and Kopitar for a couple weeks hurts that team bad.

Especially for a team that relied so much on Mitchell, he's going to be a big piece missing on that defence. He's 35 years old, so it will take him even more time to get back into the game.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Hick Leafs Fan
HickTown

Hey guys, my buddy and i were having an argument if kessel will get traded by years end....i said he wont prob wont ...but just for arguments sake if he does what would you expects a fair deal for him......

Old
01-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Brody
Brooklyn ✔

vCash: 24591
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan10 View Post
Hey guys, my buddy and i were having an argument if kessel will get traded by years end....i said he wont prob wont ...but just for arguments sake if he does what would you expects a fair deal for him......
From Philly, I'd want.

Couts + 1st + Voracek? Some may think its a huge overpayment, maybe switch Voracek with Read or something.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Hick Leafs Fan
HickTown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
From Philly, I'd want.

Couts + 1st + Voracek? Some may think its a huge overpayment, maybe switch Voracek with Read or something.
That seems a bit too much....They value couts so much....but if we get that i'd love it (i like simmonds more than voracek tho)

Couts + Simmonds + 1st

Old
01-20-2013, 11:57 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

sunday morning hockey on NBC
buf 2 phi 1

looking for schenn LOL

Old
01-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Hick Leafs Fan
HickTown

2-1 already

Old
01-20-2013, 11:59 AM
S2S
Come at me bros

If we are to re-sign Bozak, Gunnarsson, Holzer, Kadri and Komarov, the total amount of their raises would equal the amount of Mike Komisarek, who will be bought out, thus approx 17 million in space in the offseason!

Old
01-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Leafs Are Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2S View Post
If we are to re-sign Bozak, Gunnarsson, Holzer, Kadri and Komarov, the total amount of their raises would equal the amount of Mike Komisarek, who will be bought out, thus approx 17 million in space in the offseason!
Excellent.

Now we just need someone to spend it on!

I fully expect Getzlaf and Perry to re-sign in Anaheim.

Soo...Weiss maybe? Backstrom?

Old
01-20-2013, 12:35 PM
LEAFSIN4

Phaneuf

for

Stastny

The money is even, both teams trading from a position of strength for weakness. What do you guys think?

Old
01-20-2013, 12:41 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleafsfan View Post
Phaneuf

for

Stastny

The money is even, both teams trading from a position of strength for weakness. What do you guys think?
Somebody needs to explain to me what the obsession with stastny is... The guy has declined in production 2 seasons now, isn't more than a 60pt forward. If you watch him play, he's not decidedly better than Grabovski.

Phaneuf is much more valuable to our team imo.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:46 PM
leugangen

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleafsfan View Post
Phaneuf

for

Stastny

Uh defense isn't actually our strength if you haven't noticed. 2nd-3rd line forward depth is where we can trade from. We have to hope for a quantity for quality trade.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:52 PM
threeGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Somebody needs to explain to me what the obsession with stastny is... The guy has declined in production 2 seasons now, isn't more than a 60pt forward. If you watch him play, he's not decidedly better than Grabovski.

Phaneuf is much more valuable to our team imo.
agree. He barely produced more than bozak and we have no idea if he'd have any chemistry with lupul and kessel like bozak does. I want kadri to be given more ice time to prove himself. let's see if he can become our #1 center. then in the offseason we can attempt to sign getzlaf if he is still there. And if kadri blossoms we can move him to second line and try to trade/buyout grabovski. Bozak goes on third line and everything is good. We can then trade the KGM line purely for picks and/or prospects

JVR - Getzlaf - Perry
Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
Frattin - Bozak - Komorav
Orr - Mcclement - Brown

Old
01-20-2013, 01:10 PM
LEAFSIN4

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
Uh defense isn't actually our strength if you haven't noticed. 2nd-3rd line forward depth is where we can trade from. We have to hope for a quantity for quality trade.
With players like Reilly, Gardiner, Finn, Holzer, Percy, Kostka, etc coming up through the system, I'd rather put more money in our forwards than defence.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:16 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
1st + 2nd + 1st

Old
01-20-2013, 01:53 PM
calcal798

Quote:
That seems a bit too much....They value couts so much....but if we get that i'd love it (i like simmonds more than voracek tho)

Couts + Simmonds + 1st
Yeah but if you put Kessel with Giroux and Hartnell that is one of the most dynamic lines in hockey. Got to think Holmgren would start drooling over that.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:28 PM
dimi78

Here's a question. We all know what the direction of this team is and what the plan is or at least I hope most of us do to have a decent conversation of opinions to what I'll ask.

What are the trade chips for the Leafs?

IMO these guys aren't going anywhere any time soon so we should forget including them in trade discussions.

-Phaneuf
-Kessel
-Lupul
-Grabovski

These guys are the key vets to this team and the plan is to get good quality young guys into the mix that these guys will help insulate them to grow & develop

These guys aren't going anywhere either

-JVR
-Gardiner
-Kadri
-Reilly

These are the key young guys at the moment the organization is projecting to grow & develop to join the other 4 above as the core of the team moving forward as it stands.

For me the key trade chips that I think Nonis has, some of which could fit into the team moving forward are.

-MacArthur
-Liles
-Franson
-Kulemin
-Gunnarson
-Bozak
-All of the rest of the prospects

Last edited by dimi78: 01-20-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Old
01-20-2013, 02:43 PM
glasses91

vCash: 250
my thoughts exactly but kulemin should be on the first list under grabo.

Closed Thread