HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Very nice feed by Drouin to Frk for a goal. Slick.

Old
01-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Yet another great assist by Drouin. MacKinnon makes it 5-0. Remparts have no chance.

Murphy also destroyed a Rempart about 2 minutes earlier, what a hit. Can we get Murphy in the 3rd?

Old
01-18-2013, 07:27 PM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Mooseheads are scary good, people.

Old
01-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Et le But

I hope the Mooseheads make it 3 Q Memorial Cup winners in a row.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:35 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats86 View Post
You never answered my question how you see Gauthier's game translating to NHL game.

I asked this because as a generaly rule of thumb players like Gauthier generally their game don't translate well to NHL game. They lack first step quickness, intensity and the extra gear. Size, hands and skating alone will only go so far. If it did guys like Joe Colbourne, Bruce Graham, Kevin Veilleux wouldn't have struggled so badly once they turned pro. They were once either late 1st or 2nd round picks who have underachieved to date.

Best I see Gauthier is third line, defensive shut down center. With his size, hands, skating and face-off ability, he probably be best third line center in league some day. But he is not a guy I would target in early/mid first round. Many players besides Nurse or Erne I would take ahead of Gauthier. Zadarov be great, teamed with Tinordi someday what a twin towers they would make. Morin could be also. Unless Gauthier starts to slide, if he does and Habs have a late 1st or early 2nd he could be an excellent pick up.
He plays a similar game to Couturier and you say his game won't translate to the NHL. If there's a safe pick this year beyond the top10 it's him. He's going to be an NHLer. Even if he's a safe pick, he has pretty interesting offensive potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I wouldn't use the Remparts to evaluate them. They have been terrible lately. Halifax are good. But I wouldn't bet against Moncton, they are a more experienced team. Rimouski and Baie-Comeau are also pretty solid.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:02 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
They can be but at playoff time they could be beat, mostly because Fucale has been so so and they are led by a lot of 17 year olds. With WJHC, prospects game plus Subway Super Series on top of a long season and playoff run they may hit the proverbial wall at some point.

Old
01-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://www.journaldequebec.com/2013/...erne-suspendus

Erne and Duclair suspended on the advice of veterans by Patrick Roy.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:26 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Wow Roy seriously? Doing the best you can to sabotage the kids NHL draft? Didn't think he'd go that low. And then say it's the vets who asked this.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:03 AM
S Bah

vCash: 50
The Habs are leading the charge for the Seth Jones draft choice with 0pts.after the Leaf game.Do we want Johnathan Drouin or Seth Jones or perhaps a deal for PK Subban can get the Habs both?

Old
01-20-2013, 08:53 AM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

Can't believe people wanted Roy to coach the Habs. He'd be worse than Carbonneau & Tremblay combined.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:01 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Wow Roy seriously? Doing the best you can to sabotage the kids NHL draft? Didn't think he'd go that low. And then say it's the vets who asked this.
Humm, I thought hockey was a team sport... I guess I'm mistaking then.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with what he did. He's coaching a team in a competitive league and the kids are still learning. They will still get drafted and it's not gonna hurt their chances to reach the NHL. I'm not a Roy fan, but he's just doing his job here...

Old
01-20-2013, 10:49 AM
hockey365

I don't know Roy personally, but I know his a fearce competitor, likes to get the best out of his players, has his heart in the right place and wants his players to succeed at the next level.

Let's give him the benefit of the dought and see how things develop in the coming weeks.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:52 AM
hockey365

This will NOT impact their draft, what may impact their draft is how they react to the suspension.

If they quit and go home, then, forget it! if they bounce back from this, demonstrate positive behaviour and team play on the ice, I know 30 teams who will want them, cause, all 30 teams are looking for leaders who can lead the way out of bad and long droughts......

Old
01-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Et le But

Columbus looked decent...only one game but we just might be favourites for Seth Jones right now.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:15 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Columbus looked decent...only one game but we just might be favourites for Seth Jones right now.
I think we may draft top three again this year. As you said, we may have the inside track of picking 1st overall. It's only one game but I do not like what I saw yesterday.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
I think we may draft top three again this year. As you said, we may have the inside track of picking 1st overall. It's only one game but I do not like what I saw yesterday.
Agreed, that's the thing - it's hard to make generalizations about one game but the Habs team looks very, very bad.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:18 PM
DerektheHabsfan82

What do you guys think of Zadorov? Will he become a top pairing defenseman?

Old
01-20-2013, 12:27 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerektheHabsfan82 View Post
Very big guy, plays physical and is well positioned almost all the time. Offensively, he is pretty mobile for a big guy and makes smart plays. He wont put up big offensive #'s but he can start an attack.

His size might just make him a 1st pairing guy. By the time he is in the NHL he should be 6"5-6"6 and 240 pounds. If he improves his offensive play a bit he can be a true first pairing guy, but on Montreal, he would be anyway.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:30 PM
Et le But

Having both Zadorov and Tinordi won't help our pitiful offense but it would make us a complete nightmare to play against. I still prefer Ristolainen over Zadorov and Nurse for his offensive upside, but Zadorov has really impressed me.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:34 PM
DerektheHabsfan82

Thanks.
I would love to have Zadorov - Subban as a top pairing. I do prefer Ristolainen but he is RH.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:34 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerektheHabsfan82 View Post
I'm a fan. He's a big defence first defenceman who skates pretty well and has decent offensive instincts. Despite being very physical, Zadorov plays with a lot of composure. He makes a fantastic outlet pass and reads the ice well. Still could improve his shot and positioning in the defensive zone. He tends to get beat on 1-on-1 situations and sometimes plays the puck carrier too passively.

I don't know about his upside, but he's a pretty safe prospect. Personally I see him as a second pairing defenceman. A very good one at that, one that could potentially play on the top pairing depending on how the team is structured.

Personally, if were going down the route of a big, physical defenceman I'd prefer Rasmus Ristolainen or Darnell Nurse. Both have more upside in my opinion, but they aren't as safe of a prospect.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Humm, I thought hockey was a team sport... I guess I'm mistaking then.
How's that relevant? Are Erne and Duclair the worst human beings that have ever lived? I'm pretty sure others have had their share of problems, yet were addressed privately instead of humiliating them publicly. Oh and it's the "vets" from that team that took the decision....where were they during that 11-2 loss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
There's nothing wrong with what he did. He's coaching a team in a competitive league and the kids are still learning. They will still get drafted and it's not gonna hurt their chances to reach the NHL. I'm not a Roy fan, but he's just doing his job here...
How many times have your heard about that? From the most severe coaches to the most ordinairy ones? Yes, so we've seen our own Dalton Thrower being sat as a healthy scratch this year from what seemed to be an attitude problem...a kid already drafted that did have to get his attitude corrected.

Yet, from all the Remparts fans...did Erne and Duclair saw their icetime cut? Did it happen a few times that they sat on the bench without playing because of their attitude? Did they miss a few PP's they should have been on because of how bad they are? Were they sat out as healthy scratch and they still continued their powertrip? Or is the "go home you selfish players" the actual first public punishment than those kids got? I mean if it is....it makes no sense to me. You want to humiliate them publicly, find, but proceed the way I mentioned. Cut the icetime and so on. But going from regular players and so on to go home? Makes no sense.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Seems Erne and Duclair are back in the lineup THIS AFTERNOON...

Great show by Roy as usual. From devil to angels and it only took 1 night. Fastest transformation ever.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:21 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Seems Erne and Duclair are back in the lineup THIS AFTERNOON...

Great show by Roy as usual. From devil to angels and it only took 1 night. Fastest transformation ever.
Would have been scary to see him coaching the habs.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Closed Thread