HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 12:42 PM
FakeKidPoker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
I think pat kane put that crack of doubt in his mind when he exposed him on another continent. I'm just happy this game wasn't against the hawks. I think we play them feb 1st. The Canucks better have it together because if they light up schneider, they know they will be in his head for the rest of time. Kane, please leave our goalie alone.

Especially in his post-game interview. The one thing about Schneider is that I always saw him being so damn mentally strong even when he had a bad game, but last night's post-game interview was not what I expected from him. He looked like someone had hit his dog. I thought Lu was the only one that was supposed to pull off those meltdown games where he lets in a few goals in quick succession. I didn't expect that from cory who is supposed to be so damn unflappable. I do believe the biggest reason for Cory playing poorly is because Luongo is still sitting on the bench, but if you can't relax in game 1 of the season then that is not a good sign. Snap out of it, Cory. I think Luongo is more surprised than anyone about Schneider's performance last night because even roberto admires Cory's mental toughness.
So Patrick Kane broke both Schneider and Luongo?

Or are we going with Luongo's first child broke Roberto? as that was a year before the Kane hattrick and Luongo was god awful the final month or so of the year and it was his first Vancouver meltdown and it cost the Canucks a playoff spot.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:21 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
No thanks needed. I think it's safe to say Schneider/Luongo are better than that.

That and when we play Boston, you'll have your revenge.lol
Actually, I hope you guys destroy them. Not going to lie, I am not a leafs fan, but I hate Boston more than most teams at the moment. Not just for beating us in the finals, but I think they are a really dirty team that doesn't get called on it nearly enough. The Miller/Lucic thing was a prime example.

Like my Canucks, like the habs, then I like teams for the players they have. Boston has nothing I like.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:23 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
I call complete and utter ******** on this. You Nucks would be right in here taking every jab you could; even starting before these results happened; where the running joke was to sit back and watch the Leafs goalies collapse to open the season; so they would get desperate. All this while your "elite" goalies who are a supposed luxury to have; which supposedly there is no reason to trade either of them with no pressure; perform stellar.

Well there is your humble pie; atleast a few of you ate it. Leafs fans are aware of the situation we are in; Nucks are not.

*Sigh* I still think you're wrong, but the only way to see is if TOR tanks at some point.

Assuming that things regress to the mean, VAN should start seeing good goaltending again and TOR will start to see some blips. Then we'll know if you are right or not. Time will tell.

I actually want TOR to make the playoffs, ask LL if you don't believe that, but this trade talk has taken on a life of its own.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:27 PM
Hi-wayman

NEWS FLASH!!!

Canucks fire Gillis and trade Luongo and the Sedins to the Leafs for the right to talk to and hire Brian Burke.

Burke immediately:
1. holds a press conference
2. bans all newsmedia from Rogers Arema
3. replaces Alain Vigneault and his coaching staff with Ron Wilson (Ron decides he doesn't need any further staff other than himself)
4. extends Ron Delorme's contract as head scout for the Canucks
5. Places Cory Schnieder on waivers and who is then picked up by the Boston Bruins
6. hires Dan Cloutier as the Canucks #1 goalie
7. hires UBC's goalie as temporary (the remainder of this season only) backup
8. appoligizes that neither he nor Ron Wilson can make it to tonights game as they are in Ontario, but he is sure the team will be okay tonight without either.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:30 PM
huge*

Send a message via MSN to huge* Send a message via Skype™ to huge*
NBC panel at intermission just said gillis is losing leverage in a trade based off last night. Said he should be furious with vinault for pulling corey

Old
01-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

vCash: 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by huge View Post
NBC panel at intermission just said gillis is losing leverage in a trade based off last night. Said he should be furious with vinault for pulling corey
I couldn't disagree more. A goalie lets in 5 goals in a period and a half on 14 shots, you have no choice but to pull him. It's Vigneault's job to try to win games, not pump up player's trade value.

I'm pretty sure Schneider will start against Edmonton, though.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:33 PM
dubey
Phagoof am i rite??/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I couldn't disagree more. A goalie lets in 5 goals in a period and a half on 14 shots, you have no choice but to pull him. It's Vigneault's job to try to win games, not pump up player's trade value.
Yup but just makes Gillis look like more of a dope

Old
01-20-2013, 01:34 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Does something like this not make sense, 3 team deal

TO- Markstrom
FLA- Luongo
Van- Bozak (2nd line C), Clemmensen(vet backup), Upshall(cap dump)
No, it really doesn't.

Florida has Theodore, and Toronto isn't going to trade their #1 centre for an AHL goaltender.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Crows*

Quote:
And this is why mike milbury waa quite possibly the worst gm of any team in history.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:38 PM
huge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
And this is why mike milbury waa quite possibly the worst gm of any team in history.
They all said it

Old
01-20-2013, 01:40 PM
Crows*

Quote:
They all said it
Must make it true then. My bad

Old
01-20-2013, 01:46 PM
huge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Must make it true then. My bad
I'd believe a neutral panel of people directly involved with the game over Crows on hf boards from Vancouver

Old
01-20-2013, 01:51 PM
Mr V

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
Are the trolls gone yet?

Also big thanks in all honesty to the classy leaf fans either not saying anything or admitting it was just one game. Tonight I drink or drank for you... And a terible game.
Also, big thanks for the Nuck fans in stopping with their "Schneider for the Vesina" and "I wouldn't trade Schneider for Quick" comments.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:54 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Also, big thanks for the Nuck fans in stopping with their "Schneider for the Vesina" and "I wouldn't trade Schneider for Quick" comments.
Quick let in 4 goals on 12 shots... is he out of the Vezina race too?

Old
01-20-2013, 02:00 PM
huge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I wouldn't trade scrivens for schneider

Old
01-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Skead

Quote:
I wouldn't trade scrivens for schneider
That is equally as ridiculous as the previous poster saying he wouldn't trade Schneider for Quick. Quick is a proven goalie with an excellent contract, I would gladly have him on the team.

And further down the chain, Schneider, despite the one bad game, is much more proven and touted than Scrivens it'd be a no brainer to take that trade.

my 2 cents.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Mr V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Quick let in 4 goals on 12 shots... is he out of the Vezina race too?
Quick has proven himself. Schneider, not so much, yet there are Nuck fans in this thread proclaiming Cory's greatness and how he should be considered as one of the elite goalies in the NHL. Is this how you feel?

Last edited by Mr V: 01-20-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old
01-20-2013, 02:26 PM
The Overseer*

Quote:
I'd believe a neutral panel of people directly involved with the game over Crows on hf boards from Vancouver
You would seriously believe people who are basing their opinion on a single game?

I guess Jonathan Quick and Jimmy Howard are trash, then, too. Could probably be had for a discount since they both got lit up last night.

Some people are completely ridiculous.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:28 PM
HarrisonFord
Resident Leaf Homer

Quote:
@sportsnetmurph: Roberto Luongo will start in goal for #canucks versus Oilers.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
You mean the great minds of Mike Milbury & Keith Jones?

Old
01-20-2013, 02:30 PM
gongshowmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
he was scheduled to start

Old
01-20-2013, 02:40 PM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
Not surprised. Back to back games. Luongo was going to get the start anyways.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:45 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 2061
Luongo is a vet and this may calm things down. The defense needs to be a lot better and there is only one O line, so Canucks aren't going to win, but they might be able to keep it low scoring.

Luongo's trade value shouldn't be affected, even if he gets lit up. You don't blame the goalie for a team like the Canucks are trying out. Perhaps Gillis feels that Centers, like goons are no longer nessesary in today's NHL?

All that's happened is that we have learned Vignault can produce a flat team any time of year and the Canucks need a center or two. If Gillis can obtain a workable center for Luongo, I'd still advocate such a move. I doubt he gets a fat three player return but he needs to act, now! Waiting for another team to develop a goalie need is not going to save the Canucks' season. If Gillis must deal from a position of no leverage, he has only himself to blame. Anybody could have seen this coming.

Last edited by JuniorNelson: 01-20-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old
01-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Crows*

Luongo was scheduled to start anyway

Old
01-20-2013, 03:00 PM
HarrisonFord
Resident Leaf Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshowmonkey View Post