HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/19/13 "Raise The Banner" - Hurricanes VS Panthers

View Poll Results: Who will score the first Panthers goal of the season?
Weiss 3 4.23%
Fleischmann 17 23.94%
Mueller 13 18.31%
Huberdeau 31 43.66%
This completes the offensive portion of the team. 7 9.86%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Good win.

One thing: I HATE that people are tossing rats on the ice after a regular season win. It's a playoff tradition!!

And yes that picture is take right after a start of a period, but seemed like some people left after the 1st period when we were up 4-0 Because it was packed in the 1st.
No, it's always a been a throughout the whole season thing, not just playoffs.

Was a sloppy game, bit half the team isn't there and we still pulled out a win and chased Ward. I'm more than fine with plenty to improve on with a 5-1 win than a loss.

01-20-2013, 08:56 AM
stonedhenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
We didnt sign Kopitar. Kopitar is still playing for the LA Kings
I know man, but watching your #11 stud I saw Kopitar in him.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:10 AM
CatscratchFever
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
No, it's always a been a throughout the whole season thing, not just playoffs.

Was a sloppy game, bit half the team isn't there and we still pulled out a win and chased Ward. I'm more than fine with plenty to improve on with a 5-1 win than a loss.
I suspected a couple of these observations. When they built a 4-0 lead in the 1st, I expected some garbage time sloppiness to follow. It was great to start hot, and of course CAR would press to get back into it. Theo, had other plans. I'm ok with this, especially with the team we were icing. There was a big drop off with our defensemen.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Rats96Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
Ugh, it never ends. People are just obsessed with South Florida sports attendance for some reason. Of course they got it all wrong by the way, as usual.
Even the mighty Yankees had a problem filling the prime seats behind the plate and how they looked on TV when their new stadium opened. Gee are they just not a baseball town? Of course Yormark didnt learn anything from that. Thats why im so anti Club Red, another shameless Yormark money grab.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:52 AM
PSLguy
#catsarecoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I read thru the thread this morning to see what everyone was thinking about the game and had a few thoughts I wanted to share:

4. While the top line didnt score, I noticed some good defensive play from them several times which is significant too. If you keep the other team's dangerous top line with 2 guys that can score at will (Eric Staal & Alex Semin) off the scoresheet, thats just as good as scoring yourself. I saw several takeaways by Weiss and he won 55% of his faceoffs so we kept control of the puck that way.

5. Coming into the arena, was anyone else annoyed how they were scanning the tickets inside instead of at the door? It seemed like a big cluster ******* doing it that way instead of the old way. It didnt save on employees and didnt save on time and wasnt better for safety. I'm definitely planning to say something to Viner about that.

Was at the game last night and that first period felt like one of the playoff games last year. Place was packed, even the upper bowl, and the crowd was electric!

Theo looked in mid-season form last night! He was at the top of his game. If he can continue to play like he did last night, and the defense improves, we can have a good season.

Top line didn't score but the second line looked very good. I could not tell they had only a week of practice together. They seemed to have pretty good chemistry. This was only one game so we have to see how they progress.

The game slowed down, especially they went up 5-0, as it seemed like they were protecting the lead rather than attacking the net. That is why, imo, that the crowd began to drift out of the arena.

Concerning the ticket scanning inside the doors; my wife commented to me that she thought it may have been done this way due to the threat of rain. I guess we'll see on Thursday. My concern was the parking. It was crazy! Cars were parked all over the place, blocking the roadway! That plus the long backup due to the parking fee made for a stressful entrance and exit to and from the game.

All in all a great game! Big win against a division foe. Washington and Winnipeg both lost so the 2 points were even more important! Let's keep it going on Tuesday in Ottawa and then in the return home stand!

Old
01-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Slick Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rats96Yo View Post
Even the mighty Yankees had a problem filling the prime seats behind the plate and how they looked on TV when their new stadium opened. Gee are they just not a baseball town? Of course Yormark didnt learn anything from that. Thats why im so anti Club Red, another shameless Yormark money grab.
Agreed. Everything about club red, displacing original season ticket holders, getting a loan from the city to make money on our expense, clogging up the in and out of multiple sections with possible fire hazards, taking away much needed bathrooms, making our fan base look terrible around the league with so many empty seats (which could have been worse if families of players and staff weren't used to fill some of them), are all examples of how yormarks greedy money grab in club red does everything to ruin a good product that is finally on the ice. No one mentioned the parking fiasco caused on the north side because of hundreds of spots now reserved for club red, two thirds of which were empty. He keeps trying very hard to alienate the most loyal fans.

Last edited by Slick Cat: 01-20-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Typo
Old
01-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
I honestly don't understand the point of giving people those seats if they're just going to hang out in the lounge and watch the game from a tv . Thanks Yorkman
big deal. really why do we care so much about what **** canadians think of our attendance?? we all know the size and quality of our fanbase, and isnt that all that matters? We know our fans are loyal, attend as many games as we can, show that we care by for example being on hfboards posting almost daily about the team and its ups and downs. The one thing I love about our fanbase is that we're not cocky or stuck-up like many canadian fanbases.
Instead of getting angry, be proud of the play of our team!

Last edited by angry_treefrog: 01-21-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: removed offensive word
Old
01-20-2013, 11:48 AM
harv3317

theo was freaking amazing last night!!!!! he kept us in the game in the 2nd and 3rd. very pleasantly surprised with the 2nd line!!! hope they can keep this up all season. disappointed in the first line. very poor offensively and didn't think santorelli did himself any favors last night!!!! ward really helped us in the first as we were outplayed in the 2nd and 3rd.
KEEP THE WINS COMING GUYS!!!!!!!

Old
01-20-2013, 12:00 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

You guys are lucky to have Kovalev.
Watch him play, he is a magician with the puck and can change the game by himself at any time.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:01 PM
AaronEkbald

So proud of my Panthers!

What a great start. Huberdeau, Kovalev, Campbell and Theo were rockin' the house!!

Old
01-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Haj
#CatsAreComing

I'm in town for a wedding or I would have gone to the game last night.

Just watched the condensed replay.

Huberdeau is something different. He has great vision, is a great passer, and has wonderful hockey sense. He also has a quick release on his shot, he surprised Ward a couple of times with it. Hubs doesn't need a lot of room to score goals.

Mueller played really well. Can't wait till Versteeg and Guds get back int he lineup.

Did Kulikov play last night ? How did he look ?

Old
01-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

Agreed, Theo was great! Really would like to see us in the Top 10 powerplay & penalty kill. Great start last night. Defense should get a boost when Kuli replaces Caruso. We had a tough time with Ottawa last season so we'll see what happens this year.

-ghoste

Old
01-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
I'm in town for a wedding or I would have gone to the game last night.

Just watched the condensed replay.

Huberdeau is something different. He has great vision, is a great passer, and has wonderful hockey sense. He also has a quick release on his shot, he surprised Ward a couple of times with it. Hubs doesn't need a lot of room to score goals.

Mueller played really well. Can't wait till Versteeg and Guds get back int he lineup.

Did Kulikov play last night ? How did he look ?
Kulikov didn't play last night.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:09 PM
Haj
#CatsAreComing

Also Cam Ward played poorly.

I can't remember the last time he played down at that level.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
Also Cam Ward played poorly.

I can't remember the last time he played down at that level.
I don't think it was Cam Ward's fault, really.

1st goal-Huberdeau in front of the net all alone.
2nd goal-Campbell scores on a terrible turnover.
3rd goal-Questionable. Great shot by Campbell, though.
4th goal-Great cross-ice pass by Huberdeau to Upshall. I credit Huberdeau's skill more than anything.

I thought the Kovalev goal was kinda weak, but Dan Ellis was in net for that one.

All in all, we showed a lot of skill last night, especially on the powerplay.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:22 PM
gizmo12688
#CatsAreComing

Let's credit the PK as well. I believe we went 6-6 in penalty kills last night.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:50 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

It's possible that Huby staying in junior as long as he did and playing in the WJC again was the best thing for his development. I take that as a possible positive from the lockout. THat was an incredible NHL debut.

Aside from the names everyone's already talked about, props to Caruso for a solid NHL debut as well. He really surprised me by not making many mistakes. Ellerby played a terrific game as well, that's just what our defense needed last night. Kuba looked a bit out of sorts, but made some good plays as well. A big, rangy, slowish guy like him is going to need a couple games to get in full swing here. Upshall trying his best not to become a compliance buyout, very nice game from him, terrific snipe. Hopefully he can have a big rebound season.

Not every game is going to be that easy, but I'll take it. With 48 games, every win is huge.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:57 PM
LUUUUUIS
#CatsAreComing

Someone mentioned it before, but the whole series of events that led to Upshall's goal is my favorite thing in last night's game. Just beautiful.
http://video.panthers.nhl.com/videoc...ed-share-video

Old
01-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
By the way, Brian Campbell is underrated.

I understand the knock on him not being a shutdown D-man, but his offense more than makes up for it/he's not even bad defensively.

Played about 26 minutes tonight like it's easy to do that fresh off a lockout.

Now that Garrison's gone, he steps up his game and improves his shot. You really learn to appreciate him more and more over time. Not many in the game like him.
Campbell is great defensively, since the 1st game of last season he has been. He's easily a top 15 d-man, I don't care what anyone says. When he went to Chicago everyone simply forgot about him.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:07 PM
luby3131

After watching last night, I believe we will get production from the Huberdeau-Mueller-Kovalev line all year (as long as they all can stay healthy). In junior, Huberdeau was at his best when he played with Zack Phillips and Tomas Jurco. Phillips (Coyotes prospect) is a right handed two-way center who can play on the wing as well as at center. Jurco (Detroit) is an uber skilled winger with some of the best hands you'll ever see.... does this sound familiar? With Mueller playing Phillips role and Kovalev filling the Jurco spot, its easy to say these three can stick together and continue to produce.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Vilam
#LetsChangeIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus MacGyver View Post
big deal. really why do we care so much about what **** canadians think of our attendance?? we all know the size and quality of our fanbase, and isnt that all that matters? We know our fans are loyal, attend as many games as we can, show that we care by for example being on hfboards posting almost daily about the team and its ups and downs. The one thing I love about our fanbase is that we're not cocky or stuck-up like many canadian fanbases.
Instead of getting angry, be proud of the play of our team!
It has nothing to do with Canadians or anyone else for me... I just want our players to have a packed house of screaming fans to play in front of. Sure they're professionals and that sort of stuff shouldn't really matter, but it's just more fun and creates a better atmosphere. I want our guys to enjoy themselves, and I want other players to think of Florida as a great place to play. Having a ton of empty seats behind the bench doesn't exactly send that message.

Last edited by angry_treefrog: 01-21-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old
01-20-2013, 03:32 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilam View Post
It has nothing to do with Canadians or anyone else for me... I just want our players to have a packed house of screaming fans to play in front of. Sure they're professionals and that sort of stuff shouldn't really matter, but it's just more fun and creates a better atmosphere. I want our guys to enjoy themselves, and I want other players to think of Florida as a great place to play. Having a ton of empty seats behind the bench doesn't exactly send that message.
Dude I go to a lot of Yankee games...same phenomenon there. They have the moat seats between the bags that are 3/4 empty between no sells, no shows, and at the trough.

Despite that, the place rocked last night. It won't every night, but keep the winning going and the culture and attendance changes down here. Heat used to curtain the uppers till they were winners, remember?

Old
01-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by luby3131 View Post
After watching last night, I believe we will get production from the Huberdeau-Mueller-Kovalev line all year (as long as they all can stay healthy). In junior, Huberdeau was at his best when he played with Zack Phillips and Tomas Jurco. Phillips (Wild prospect) is a right handed two-way center who can play on the wing as well as at center. Jurco (Detroit) is an uber skilled winger with some of the best hands you'll ever see.... does this sound familiar? With Mueller playing Phillips role and Kovalev filling the Jurco spot, its easy to say these three can stick together and continue to produce.
Fixed

Old
01-20-2013, 04:59 PM
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Dude I go to a lot of Yankee games...same phenomenon there. They have the moat seats between the bags that are 3/4 empty between no sells, no shows, and at the trough.

Despite that, the place rocked last night. It won't every night, but keep the winning going and the culture and attendance changes down here. Heat used to curtain the uppers till they were winners, remember?
Same with the Blackhawks and Penguins

Old
01-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by luby3131 View Post
After watching last night, I believe we will get production from the Huberdeau-Mueller-Kovalev line all year (as long as they all can stay healthy). In junior, Huberdeau was at his best when he played with Zack Phillips and Tomas Jurco. Phillips (Coyotes prospect) is a right handed two-way center who can play on the wing as well as at center. Jurco (Detroit) is an uber skilled winger with some of the best hands you'll ever see.... does this sound familiar? With Mueller playing Phillips role and Kovalev filling the Jurco spot, its easy to say these three can stick together and continue to produce.
Only thing is Mueller is not a two-way player. I think that line is going to get scored on a lot, so it may be a bit of a double-edged sword. No one is interested in playing defense. I think we may see Goc bump Kovalev off the 2nd line in a few weeks if that's the case. The thing with Kovy too is, like Neil Smith said on NHL Tonight, Kovalev is the most skilled player he's ever seen, but the thing with him is he also has one of the worst work ethics of all time too. He'll have games like last night, and he'll also have just as many games where he looks like he could care less about being out there. I'll take the win last night and Kovy's hand in that because it's not going to happen every night. Kovy's also going to need some nights off. I'm not saying that line won't produce, but I don't think they're going to consistently look like last night.

Closed Thread