HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

B.Schenn or N. Kadri

View Poll Results: who puts up more points
B. Schenn 267 57.92%
N. Kadri 194 42.08%
Voters: 461. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-19-2013, 03:16 PM
  #51
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
It's a lot LOT closer than the poll will be but Kadri has been hated, why change now?

He'll prove it on the ice.
Just because people pick Schenn doesn't mean they think he will blow him out. I could see Schenn getting about 40 points and Kadri 35.

WarriorofTime is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 03:24 PM
  #52
4evaBlue
Registered User
 
4evaBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
You're delusional " neither of there defense is worth mentioning" its not worth mentioning because schenn is much better defensively and it ***** on your argument....
Schenn has been used in a very sheltered role, and still managed to end up 2nd last in +/- among Flyers' forwards. We all know how much flack Leafs' players get in a similar position (Kessel last year, for instance). I'm sure you're right, Schenn must be a defensive wizard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
And Kadri is not better offensively.
No, he just matched a supposedly offensively superior prospect's production with inferior linemates. Yes, I'm sure Schenn would have produced just as well, if not better, if he had the likes of Connolly, Boyce, Crabb, Lombardi, and Mitchell on his wings.

No worries, though, I'm sure Giroux, and Hartnell will pad Schenn's stats enough this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPunch View Post
He has?

I'm seeing alot of this without any sort of factual explanation.
There's no need to use facts to back up statements when dismissing Leafs' players and/or prospects.

4evaBlue is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 04:17 PM
  #53
iiuh
Registered User
 
iiuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
As a leaf fan I think Schenn will be the better overall player in the future. But I find all these comments hilarious, where are people getting Schenn is way better offensively and defensively from? Because from what I see they put up the same numbers, and are very similar defensively, and in fact Kadri has performed slightly better statistically in the NHL with inferior linemates and from the third line.

People need to cool it on Schenn a bit. To say he's a WAY better player right now and in the future is just absurd.

iiuh is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 04:17 PM
  #54
skip2mybordeleau
HF "Soft" Boards
 
skip2mybordeleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,198
vCash: 4719
schenn ainec, i dont think kadri can play at the level schenn did in the previous playoffs. much less be close in points when schenn is playing with giroux.

skip2mybordeleau is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 04:20 PM
  #55
leaflover
New hope
 
leaflover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: beautiful B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
They're the same age. Its the 2009 5th OA vs the 2009 7th OA. Quite comparable.
So a regular NHLer and another player hoping to stick in the NHL are a good comparison?

Okey dokey.

leaflover is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 04:22 PM
  #56
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,953
vCash: 500
Brayden Schenn. Better team, better player.

bp spec is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:23 AM
  #57
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
You're delusional " neither of there defense is worth mentioning" its not worth mentioning because schenn is much better defensively and it ***** on your argument.... And Kadri is not better offensively. You really sound bad right now.
None of what your saying is explained by their statistical resume...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Although I choose Schenn, this is the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen.

B. Schenn: 63GP 20 PTS (0.32 PPG)
N. Kadri: 51GP 19 PTS (0.37 PPG)

2011-12

.....................B. Schenn..........N. Kadri
Corsi Rel QoC .... -0.232..........-0.068
Corsi QoC.........-0.444........... -1.299
Corsi Rel............-2.6..................10.9
Deff Zone Start....45.2 ...............48.3
GA On/60 ...........2.63................1.86
GA Off/60............2.45................3.04
GF On/60 ...........1.97................. 2.55
GF Off/60............2.64................. 2.96

Dont see a huge difference.... Actually its funny how the notorious bust is better in almost every statistical category than the star to be

The Podium is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:59 AM
  #58
jfisher6
#thestructure
 
jfisher6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,093
vCash: 50
Schenn, not close. That's in a vacuum. No vacuum? Kadri played with Phil Kessel today, Schenn played with Claude MF Giroux and Scott Hartnell. GG, Schenn plays with them this season I see him getting upwards of 30+ pts in 48 games.

jfisher6 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:08 AM
  #59
kihei
Registered User
 
kihei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,435
vCash: 1002
I'm not usually a homer. I think Kadri might surprise people. I like his chances of outscoring Schenn.

kihei is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:24 AM
  #60
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,511
vCash: 500
this is hockeysfuture but it seems people have a hard time looking into the future. kadri has a lot of potential and he always has, schenn has a better all round game but i think people prematurely write kadri off

bsmith14 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:39 AM
  #61
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Schenn, not close. That's in a vacuum. No vacuum? Kadri played with Phil Kessel today, Schenn played with Claude MF Giroux and Scott Hartnell. GG, Schenn plays with them this season I see him getting upwards of 30+ pts in 48 games.
Kadri played with JvR and Komarov.

He played with Kessel on the PP.

Schenn is getting massively overrated for doing the same thing Kadri has done in throughout their junior careers.

I wonder how the HFBoards would view this situation if Schenn was a Leaf and Kadri was a Flyer.

Ill go as far as saying this much: Even if Kadri gets 3rd line minutes this season, he'll be within 5 points of Schenn.

Pi is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 08:49 AM
  #62
tony d
Ours for next 7 yrs.
 
tony d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Behind A Tree
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,704
vCash: 500
Schenn

__________________
tony d is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:08 AM
  #63
Sundinisagod
tanknation
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 7,951
vCash: 500
I voted Kadri, I think he'll be a bigger part of our offense than expected.

Sundinisagod is online now  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:03 PM
  #64
Falcons93
Registered User
 
Falcons93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,103
vCash: 500
lol What has Schenn done for it to not be close? HF at it's finest.

Falcons93 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:05 PM
  #65
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,289
vCash: 500
Schenn is currently playing with Giroux and Hartnell and we at least know he'll stick stick in the NHL all season. Kadri looked good against Montreal but we can't even be sure he'll stick.

bruinsfan46 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:11 PM
  #66
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Schenn is currently playing with Giroux and Hartnell and we at least know he'll stick stick in the NHL all season. Kadri looked good against Montreal but we can't even be sure he'll stick.
He'll stick. Ron Wilson isn't the coach anymore. Ron Wilson didn't even want him to play center in the game.

First game he gets under Carlyle, he's a center. Rookies have to be given a chance to succeed something Ron Wilson just never gave Kadri.

All evidence points towards Nazem Kadri being a better offensive and defensive player in the NHL, yet people are just disregarding that and picking Schenn "AINEC"

Schenn might have more points because of playing with better players but I'll bet Kadri will still be close if he plays with Jvr and Komarov.

Pi is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:16 PM
  #67
FireEverybody*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,675
vCash: 500
Last chance to board the Kadri bandwagon, boys.

FireEverybody* is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:47 PM
  #68
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!
 
FishManSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I Bet You Hate T.O
Country: Croatia
Posts: 5,029
vCash: 500
I voted Kadri, pretty confident he can outscore, Schenn who's playing with superior line mates.

Kadri was dominant last game whenever he touched the ice, every time he was out there he was noticed in a positive way, threw a couple big hits, created lots of chances, all while playing under 10 minutes and on the 3rd line with JVR and Komarov.

Kadri is significantly more skilled, only thing B.Schenn has on him is size...

I knew Schenn would win this poll because HF is pretty biased, but for him to be ahead by this much is pretty laughable.

edit: Kadri played 2nd pp time with Kessel and scored... He's not on the same line as him and hasn't played much at all.

FishManSam is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:49 PM
  #69
MastuhNinks
Registered User
 
MastuhNinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Iron Throne
Posts: 4,493
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
I knew Schenn would win this poll because HF is pretty biased, but for him to be ahead by this much is pretty laughable.
I don't have a problem with Schenn winning by a lot (all that says is it's a consensus, not necessarily that there's a big difference between the two), but I do have a problem with all the AINEC posts and all that. Kadri and Schenn have been pretty statistically similar throughout their careers. It is funny how Kadri is a bust for not making a huge impact in the NHL yet but Schenn is an incredible, A+ prospect despite accomplishing just as little as Kadri has.

MastuhNinks is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 09:21 PM
  #70
Orr123
Registered User
 
Orr123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,369
vCash: 500
I think Schenn will be the more desirable player to have, as he will be more all around. So I picked Schenn.

That said, I have to admit, Kadri surprised me a bit the other game. He looked like he had simplified his game, and he appeared to actually not seem weak and thrown off by the big guys and hits. Even threw some hits, which shocked me. But I don't think ONE game is enough to convince me Kadri is going to be the better player in the end, at least just yet.

Orr123 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 02:47 AM
  #71
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.
 
A1LeafNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
This thread is why all hfboard members are posters and not NHL GMs.

A1LeafNation is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 06:14 AM
  #72
zeke
#freewilly
 
zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 28,938
vCash: 500
Over/under on how long schenn keeps his first line spot is set at 5.5 games.

i feel for the flyers fans.....the schenns are going to be the most dissappointing pair of brothers since the winklevoss twins.

zeke is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:21 AM
  #73
BonMorrison
Sexy Back
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,339
vCash: 500
Even though I'm on the Schenn side of things, there are many issues with this thread.

A) No, it's not "AINEC."
B) If you don't think Kadri is physical, you don't watch him play.
C) Kadri will be playing on the 3rd line, Schenn on the 1st. Poll question is stupid.
D) Using playoffs last year is a poor reference when you're using the highest scoring playoff series of the modern era.

BonMorrison is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:36 AM
  #74
Sundinisagod
tanknation
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 7,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Schenn is currently playing with Giroux and Hartnell and we at least know he'll stick stick in the NHL all season. Kadri looked good against Montreal but we can't even be sure he'll stick.

Do we know this? I didn't know...

Sundinisagod is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 02:09 PM
  #75
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,219
vCash: 256
Schenn

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.