HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Official Penguins Prospects Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 09:23 AM
wej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
Ben Hanowski with 1 goal and 2 assists in a 5-1 win over Denver last night. His first multiple point game since early December.
An assist for Kenny Agostino in a 4-2 win over Dartmouth and 2 assists for Scott Wilson in a 4-3 win over Boston University (Maguire was backup for this one).

Old
01-20-2013, 10:44 AM
BalticWarrior

Good to see teddy scoring hope to see more of that

Old
01-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
Ben Hanowski with 1 goal and 2 assists in a 5-1 win over Denver last night. His first multiple point game since early December.

Highlights from the game. Hano has the backhand pass to set up the 2nd goal and the last goal of the game.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Jacob

Why are two guys wearing the C?

Old
01-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Stecz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
You can have two Cs if you don't have any As, I believe. I think that rule counts in the NHL too, but it makes more sense to have two As instead of one extra C.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:17 PM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Husky View Post
Highlights from the game. Hano has the backhand pass to set up the 2nd goal and the last goal of the game.

Unbelievable backhand pass by Hanowski (#10 Jersey) on the 2nd goal. That's just really smart offensive awareness.

Also, I didn't realize Hanowski was a lefty (always thought he was a righty), but he may look nice on Geno's LW if Tangradi cant hold the spot down for next season or the year after.

Quote:

Leblanc and Hanowski. Never seen two guys on the same team both wearing C's before.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Jacob

It's stupid and I hate it.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecz View Post
You can have two Cs if you don't have any As, I believe. I think that rule counts in the NHL too, but it makes more sense to have two As instead of one extra C.
We have 2 C's and 1 A. It's voted on by the players. Last year we had 2 Captains in LeBlanc and Lee, both got hurt, Hano was given the C. Lee left, LeBlanc returned, 2 C's.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Frederick Stanley
Global Moderator
Lord Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stecz View Post
You can have 3 A's but not 2 C's in the NHL I think.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:08 PM
LetangInTheSO

I've never seen Beau Bennett in action. Can somebody provide the book on him? I understand that he's "raw," but in your estimation, how close is he? Is he a valid option to flank one of 87/71 this season or next, or is he a much longer term project?

Old
01-22-2013, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetangInTheSO View Post
I've never seen Beau Bennett in action. Can somebody provide the book on him? I understand that he's "raw," but in your estimation, how close is he? Is he a valid option to flank one of 87/71 this season or next, or is he a much longer term project?
Beau Bennett

Skill

BB's shot is more about accuracy and a good release than being overly powerful. He also uses his sense to get open in the offensive zone and always seems to be in the middle of the ice.

Bennetts passing is his bread and butter. He knows how to get pucks and move them quickly or slow the play down until support is there. He also knows the bait and lure game. He'll wait until he can lure someone out of position, have support fill that lane and then pass the puck to the player he's just created room for. It almost seems like he's lazy because he doesn't always drive the net but there’s a high hockey IQ there.

Bennett’s skating reminds me of Morozov a little. BB is a stronger player but that’s the kind of look he has on the ice. I would still like to see him get stronger but that’s normal of a kid his age. I would also like to see him get better stickhandling while moving his feet.

Physical game

BB's physical game reminds me a little of Larry Murphy's. He'll let you get the puck and then try and take it from you. He has good size but isn't that aggressive. He plays more of a thinking man’s game.

Outlook

Bennett’s best gift, even over his passing, is his sense. He knows how to work off of other players and knows the position game. I'm not so sure that he'll be a star player but I do think he'll be a good player that can enhance a stars game. I see him as more of a swing man type of winger. Someone that can take a headman pass, wait for support and then make a great neutral zone pass. Jason Pominville is a nice comparison that was made when he was drafted and I still think that holds true.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Superstar Shane

Quote:
Good chance he sees a few games with the big club this season if injuries hit our forward group hard enough. And I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the team out of camp next year.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Hottubber

Anyone have an update about how Morrow is doing now that some space has opened up in WB?

Old
01-22-2013, 01:58 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Pens has a scout at the game between Almtuna-Djurgården.

According to him he is watching Alexander Wennberg

Draft-eligible this summer.

Bruins, Kings and Chicago has watched him too.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:17 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Pens has a scout at the game between Almtuna-Djurgården.

According to him he is watching Alexander Wennberg

Draft-eligible this summer.

Bruins, Kings and Chicago has watched him too.
I like the name of his youth team .

Old
01-22-2013, 03:58 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

I refuse to believe we have any scouting in Europe

Old
01-22-2013, 03:59 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Great set of hands, great on ice vision, excellent passing, had a good slap shot but it seems like he hasn't healed entirely from his wrist injury. Alright skater but doesn't have blazing speed. His edge work has improved considerably from when he was first drafted. Physically he won't shy away from contact but it isn't his strong suit. He has surprised me in the past. I can't remember who it was against but his first season at Denver he got a penalty for hitting a guy too hard with a Colby Armstrong type hit. If I had to summarize him it would be as a creative playmaker.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
Anyone have an update about how Morrow is doing now that some space has opened up in WB?
They've only played 1 game and it was the outdoor one against Hershey. But he was getting pretty significant minutes. He was on what I'd consider to be the 2nd pairing with Samuelsson.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:53 PM

If the Pens are looking at anyone I hope they've got an eye on Hartman. He should be around when they get a pick in the first. Tons of grit with some pretty good sense and skill. Kind of like a Hartnell.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Beau Bennett

Skill

BB's shot is more about accuracy and a good release than being overly powerful. He also uses his sense to get open in the offensive zone and always seems to be in the middle of the ice.

Bennetts passing is his bread and butter. He knows how to get pucks and move them quickly or slow the play down until support is there. He also knows the bait and lure game. He'll wait until he can lure someone out of position, have support fill that lane and then pass the puck to the player he's just created room for. It almost seems like he's lazy because he doesn't always drive the net but there’s a high hockey IQ there.

Bennett’s skating reminds me of Morozov a little. BB is a stronger player but that’s the kind of look he has on the ice. I would still like to see him get stronger but that’s normal of a kid his age. I would also like to see him get better stickhandling while moving his feet.

Physical game

BB's physical game reminds me a little of Larry Murphy's. He'll let you get the puck and then try and take it from you. He has good size but isn't that aggressive. He plays more of a thinking man’s game.

Outlook

Bennett’s best gift, even over his passing, is his sense. He knows how to work off of other players and knows the position game. I'm not so sure that he'll be a star player but I do think he'll be a good player that can enhance a stars game. I see him as more of a swing man type of winger. Someone that can take a headman pass, wait for support and then make a great neutral zone pass. Jason Pominville is a nice comparison that was made when he was drafted and I still think that holds true.
Morozov was really awkward... He rolled his ankles oddly through his strides and had piss poor balance. If you had played a drinking game every time he fell, you would of been DOA from alcohol poisoning by the second period.

Most of what you said I agree with, but throwing Morozov in there is just... no. It made me wish you had a paper cut on your sack for even saying it.

BB is nothing like him.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:17 PM
wej20

Quote:
They've only played 1 game and it was the outdoor one against Hershey. But he was getting pretty significant minutes. He was on what I'd consider to be the 2nd pairing with Samuelsson.
Him and Samulesson played pretty solidly I thought, Morrow didn't have much chance to show his talent on offence though.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
If the Pens are looking at anyone I hope they've got an eye on Hartman. He should be around when they get a pick in the first. Tons of grit with some pretty good sense and skill. Kind of like a Hartnell.
That's exactly what I thought when I saw him at the CHL Prospects game! Fast, smart, and hard-hitting - plays Penguins hockey. I'm sure the brass would love to get their hands on him.

Reminded me of Kunitz. Could be a great pick-up in the 2nd round, if he makes it that far.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:20 PM
JTG

I personally find Bennett as an awkward skater, but he gets around just fine.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:23 PM
WarriorScholar

Anyone else a little bothered by teams like Philly that play their rookies right away , while we wait years? Can't just say we have to wait to develop because of where we are selecting in the draft because Scott Laughton was taken 20th.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:42 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I personally find Bennett as an awkward skater, but he gets around just fine.
There is awkward skating and then there is "The Morozov".

Closed Thread