HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

3rd line Forward/2nd line Tweener to New Jersey

Old
01-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

vCash: 500
3rd line Forward/2nd line Tweener to New Jersey

The Devils have 8 proven NHL d-men and a few guys in Albany who could make the jump if need be.

This offseason saw the Devils not only lose Parise but Ponikarovsky as well which hurt the forward depth.

What kind of guys like him (not exactly style wise but guys that could be effective on the 3rd line and not look lost on the 2nd line with Elias) could be available for one of our d-men and maybe a pick/prospect?

The most likely guy to be traded seems to be Tallinder atm but that is just speculation.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 11:58 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Raymond for a 2nd?

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Raymond for a 2nd?
We need Raymond while Booth is out.

Plus I want to see what he can do with Schroeder.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:04 PM
seanlinden

With the Lupul signing, the Leafs should strongly consider moving MacArthur.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Raymond for a 2nd?
Raymond has always intrigued me because of his skating prowess. I don't know if Lou wants to give up a high pick though since we have to forfeit a 1st either this summer or next. I am guessing that the Canucks don't really have a need for a defender..is that true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
With the Lupul signing, the Leafs should strongly consider moving MacArthur.
Do the Leafs need a d-man?

Old
01-20-2013, 12:35 PM
Kshahdoo

Franzen for Volchenkov perhaps? Not sure how good this trade is, but Wings are desperate on defense, and NJ need better attack.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:38 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post

Yup... but I suspect the preference would be for somebody at or near MacArthur's age. Acquiring a defenceman on the wrong side of 30 doesn't seem to be the right call, and that basically leaves Mark Fayne. Furthermore, I don't think there's any urgency to make a deal at this point.

Losing MacArthur would substantially impact our depth up front with Frattin disappointing in camp, and Komisarek looked pretty good on opening night. Plus, Gardiner is doing full-contact practice, as far as I understand.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Franzen for Volchenkov perhaps? Not sure how good this trade is, but Wings are desperate on defense, and NJ need better attack.
I would take this in a heartbeat but the Devils would need to add for sure.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
I would take this in a heartbeat but the Devils would need to add for sure.
Quote:
I would trade Franzen but I doubt he has any value
I took this from Wings' board.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Maybe that's just one fan? Is there something about Franzen that I am missing? He's a bonafide top 6 forward, no?

I consider Volch to be a solid 2nd pairing guy who is more of a #4 than a #3 though. I would think that Franzen has more value than him.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:49 PM
BigHabs

Montreal will need to eventually upgrade their defense.

Someone middle aged, like 25-30 on defense.

I think depending on how the season starts. Bourque could be a candidate for a possible trade. Reason being is that he could be in consideration for the 2nd amnesty buyout with the Gomez buyout.

So I think depending on where the season goes, they could possible look at dealing him.

Would New Jersey be interested and what dman would they have available?

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
Montreal will need to eventually upgrade their defense.

Someone middle aged, like 25-30 on defense.

I think depending on how the season starts. Bourque could be a candidate for a possible trade. Reason being is that he could be in consideration for the 2nd amnesty buyout with the Gomez buyout.

So I think depending on where the season goes, they could possible look at dealing him.

Would New Jersey be interested and what dman would they have available?
It's defintiely a possibility. I like his game and his cap hit is pretty reasonable. Volch and Tallinder are the guys that seem to be available but Andy Greene fits your criteria better. I'd be hesitant to let him go. At times he looks like a stud 1st pairing guy and at others he looks pretty average but he is a #3 IMO and I'd like to keep him around.

Not a bad idea though.

Old
01-20-2013, 12:57 PM
dwanmaster*
Rap Game Adam Banks

vCash: 1660
Clutterbuck + for Greene?

dwanmaster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 12:57 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
From the odd games of the Devils I saw last year it looked like Volchenkov was having a bit of a rough guy with it. By that I mean it looked like he had lost a step & wasn't playing as physical as he had with the Sens. I don't see many Devil games so it could have just been the 3 or 4 I saw were just his off nights but it seemed that Tallinder is more of the shutdown guy the wings would want.

So the question is what do you guys want/need for Tallinder & would he be more expensive then Volchenkov?

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:04 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
From the odd games of the Devils I saw last year it looked like Volchenkov was having a bit of a rough guy with it. By that I mean it looked like he had lost a step & wasn't playing as physical as he had with the Sens. I don't see many Devil games so it could have just been the 3 or 4 I saw were just his off nights but it seemed that Tallinder is more of the shutdown guy the wings would want.
Volch is kind of an ill fit for the new system.
He's a shot blocking warrior, and that's when he's at his best. But that's not in the defensive game plan for this team.
Trying to get him engaged in the rush and be a bit more active exposes how badly he can get coned.

Beast on the PK, though. Decent part of why the Devils PK broke records last season.

As for Tallinder. He's the type of D who doesn't do anything great, but does everything well. Can make a good pass when need be, can cover the stay at home role decently.
He's best when anchoring young up&coming defensemen.

I'd honestly say their value is fairly equal at the moment. Tallinder is easier to move though.

manilaNJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:04 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanmaster View Post
Clutterbuck + for Greene?
I would not want to do that. I like Clutterbuck but I dont value much and perhaps I value Greene a little too much. I guess it depends on the +

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post

So the question is what do you guys want/need for Tallinder & would he be more expensive then Volchenkov?
You are not wrong in your analysis. Volchenkov is not the same guy that he was in Ottawa. He is a little slower for sure and is more prone to getting coned. I wouldn't say that he has lost his physical game though and he is still solid on the PK. Tallinder is more valuable than him IMO but I dont speak for all Devils fans. He is a complete d-man (though a little lacking in the physical department despite his size). I return for him I would like a guy who fits the description of the OP. That is enough for me. I hope that helps answer your question.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Jerzey Devil

Most Devils fans don't want to admit it but Fayne and Greene are our most valuable tradable pieces.

I'd be fine with trading Fayne, Greene, or Tallinder for the right price. Of course I'd be fine trading Volchenkov too but he has a NTC.

Jerzey Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Raymond has always intrigued me because of his skating prowess. I don't know if Lou wants to give up a high pick though since we have to forfeit a 1st either this summer or next. I am guessing that the Canucks don't really have a need for a defender..is that true?

We don't really need a d-man as 5 out of our top 6 are locked up for another 4 seasons minimum with Tanev getting a new deal in the offseason. I'd look at Raymond for a decent LW prospect.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:17 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerzey Devil View Post
Most Devils fans don't want to admit it but Fayne and Greene are our most valuable tradable pieces.

I'd be fine with trading Fayne, Greene, or Tallinder for the right price. Of course I'd be fine trading Volchenkov too but he has a NTC.
Fayne and Greene are the most valuable because they're our best pairing right now

Their value will rise this season, though - if trading one of them gives the team the scoring winger it needs, gotta do it. But, I don't think anyone sees them as valuable as we do right now.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Pyatt for Tallinder

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
I would do Franzen for Volchenkov in a heartbeat.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:22 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
you want colin greening? 17goals 37pts last year, big physical body.
the downside is that he put up those numbers riding shotgun to spezza and michalek.

01-20-2013, 01:23 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Wait...straight up? Done. No take backs. I love Anton but I'd drive him to the airport and even pack his bags for him if this deal were to in some alternate universe happen.

MJMazzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Srsly

Kulemin or Mac for Hedberg and a solid prospect would make me feel more secure with the Leafs. But I'm willing to assume I'm one of the few. with the addition of JVR I believe that Kulemin is a nice trade piece and Hedberg would give us someone with years of experience to fill the backup void. Of course given his age it would take more than him for Kulemin... what would the Devils add?

Srsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:27 PM
manilaNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
you want colin greening? 17goals 37pts last year, big physical body.
the downside is that he put up those numbers riding shotgun to spezza and michalek.
If he can ride 2nd line minutes alongside Elias, I think he'll be able to put up numbers close to that.

Who would you want in return?