HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz/Goaltending Thread #7

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

vCash: 156
Remember when practically every deflection would go in the net? I'm glad those days seem gone.

01-20-2013, 01:58 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Remember when practically every deflection would go in the net? I'm glad those days seem gone.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:18 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

vCash: 500
Bryz is the least of our problems for the time being.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:30 PM
CarolinaHurricanes85

Send a message via AIM to CarolinaHurricanes85
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
nice avatar.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:39 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaHurricanes85 View Post
nice avatar.
I made the mistake last year of taking it down and he regressed.

Fool me once shame on you.
Fool me twice...

Old
01-20-2013, 04:20 PM
mrgjnv

He still looks he stands up too quick and acts like the puck is in the other end when in fact it's 10 ft in front of him. Like "I'm too cool for school" type thing. I can't figure it out. To me, I think he should be in position sooner and longer. It scares me that the last two games he has lost the puck position too many times. I'm by far not a hockey critic but but mannnnnn........ I don't understand how others can say he played fine.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Devastate

I think he's looked great so far this season. Really dislike Luke Schenn so far, though

Old
01-20-2013, 05:44 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgjnv View Post
He still looks he stands up too quick and acts like the puck is in the other end when in fact it's 10 ft in front of him. Like "I'm too cool for school" type thing. I can't figure it out. To me, I think he should be in position sooner and longer. It scares me that the last two games he has lost the puck position too many times. I'm by far not a hockey critic but but mannnnnn........ I don't understand how others can say he played fine.
being down in a butterfly is not "in position". just because he is standing doesn't mean he's not in position by any stretch. Bryz's positioning thus far this season has been very good. in my opinion he has played better then fine these past two games. in fact i would go as far as to say he has been one of out top players in the early going.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:47 PM
FLYERSFAN18

The only problem I have had with Bryz this season is his inability to track the puck sometimes, especially off of rebounds. He just seems to lose sight of it too often.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:27 AM
StandingCow

Bryz has been pretty solid, I guess he is a positional goalie though, he can make the initial stop, but doesn't adjust quickly at all.

Old
01-21-2013, 07:32 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
The only problem I have had with Bryz this season is his inability to track the puck sometimes, especially off of rebounds. He just seems to lose sight of it too often.
It's pretty difficult to track rebounds when you're making reaction saves left and right to bail out blatantly missed coverages by your defense. If this was last years Bryz, we would have lost both those games this weekend by a total of about 14 GA. He was essentially the only reason we were in those 2 games for the majority of the time.

Granted, it's only been 2 games, but he's looked more focused than he did at any point last season, save for maybe march.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:24 AM
TheCerebral1
Hockey Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
I completely disagree. He's one of the largest problems. His play is already out the gate a rough start. Small sample size, but more of last year already.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:28 AM
RussianRocket10

Bryz has been fine. Special teams and lack of goal scoring has been the problem.

Old
01-21-2013, 08:28 AM
spudnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCerebral1 View Post
I completely disagree. He's one of the largest problems. His play is already out the gate a rough start. Small sample size, but more of last year already.
Hold on to your hat, your going to be getting it from all directions in 3...2....1...

Old
01-21-2013, 08:42 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCerebral1 View Post
I take it that you missed the games?

Old
01-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Krishna

delete

Old
01-21-2013, 09:08 AM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I take it that you missed the games?
Why watch the games when you can just look at a box score and make Bryz jokes whenever he lets in 4 or more? It's so much simpler that way.

Seriously though, I know Philly has a reputation as a hockey crazy city and as having intelligent fans, but we have our share of the dumb ones as well. A lot of our fans could watch one of our forwards turn the puck over at center ice, then watch one of our defenders fall down trying to get back, and then watch Bryzgalov give up a breakaway goal to Steven Stamkos and their reaction to that whole series of plays would be "SMH Bryzgalov".

Some people are just incapable of understanding that there are players on the ice other than goalies that can be responsible for goals allowed

Old
01-21-2013, 09:26 AM
kicksave27

Honestly bryz has been pretty good, I'm actually kinda waiting for him to flip out on the rest of the team. The rest of the team needs to tighten things up alot in the D zone. Way to many giveaways in their own end.

That being said, I still think he gets bought out however, just because his contract is atrocious.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:01 AM
CSKA1974

Somebody on Hockeybuzz site mentioned Bryz's reluctancy to keep the paddle on the ice that may have lead to few goals going in (in particular Myers' and Hodgson's).

Can some of the goalies here comment on that, please?

Old
01-21-2013, 11:06 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
Why watch the games when you can just look at a box score and make Bryz jokes whenever he lets in 4 or more? It's so much simpler that way.

Seriously though, I know Philly has a reputation as a hockey crazy city and as having intelligent fans, but we have our share of the dumb ones as well. A lot of our fans could watch one of our forwards turn the puck over at center ice, then watch one of our defenders fall down trying to get back, and then watch Bryzgalov give up a breakaway goal to Steven Stamkos and their reaction to that whole series of plays would be "SMH Bryzgalov".

Some people are just incapable of understanding that there are players on the ice other than goalies that can be responsible for goals allowed
You got that right buddy.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:33 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post

You got that right buddy.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:48 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Bryz is looking good from what I saw, but I missed the third period. I got a bunch of texts about Bryz getting ****ed up...did he let in some bad ones?

Old
01-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Bryz is looking good from what I saw, but I missed the third period. I got a bunch of texts about Bryz getting ****ed up...did he let in some bad ones?
3rd period goals :

Myers' goal : Half ass clear attempt by Timonen while on the PK. Myers takes a shot and it deflects off timonen's skate right in front of bryz

Hodgson's goal : Vanek goes on a breakaway and Bryz makes the save. Voracek doesn't clear the puck from the crease and Hodgson crashes into bryz while bryz has the puck under his glove and it goes in.

Vanek's goal : Empty net goal

Old
01-21-2013, 12:13 PM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
3rd period goals :

Myers' goal : Half ass clear attempt by Timonen while on the PK. Myers takes a shot and it deflects off timonen's skate right in front of bryz

Hodgson's goal : Vanek goes on a breakaway and Bryz makes the save. Voracek doesn't clear the puck from the crease and Hodgson crashes into bryz while bryz has the puck under his glove and it goes in.

Vanek's goal : Empty net goal
The Hodgson goal he could have done a better job on (same with Voracek)

Old
01-21-2013, 12:23 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
Somebody on Hockeybuzz site mentioned Bryz's reluctancy to keep the paddle on the ice that may have lead to few goals going in (in particular Myers' and Hodgson's).

Can some of the goalies here comment on that, please?
didnt see the goals in the third period but I know last year one of his big problems was just flicking the blade of his stick to the corner on a lot of shots, and a lot of the times hed miss the puck and it would either go in or hit his pads and shoot right out in the slot. one of the things that I got drilled into my head was to never flick your stick out, always guide it. will have to take a look at his paddle position on the goals.

overall he's been playing a lot better than last year. looks a ton more confident. hopefully he keeps it up and everyone else steps it up

Closed Thread