HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Flyers vs Buffalo refereeing discussion

Old
01-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

vCash: 500
For all the people going "lolFlyers fans, quit whining!!111", go look around the other team boards.

Pretty much everyone is saying the Flyers got robbed, so it's not just us complaining.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RANDOMH3RO

Bad calls happen, either overcome them or give your nuts a tug and move on.

RANDOMH3RO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
It was a pretty poor job, blame split between the refs and the rules.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJV123 View Post
the puck never disappeared on the last whistle- he blew his whistle because he saw it going over the line. the official fixed the game at the end.
Fixed the game? Really? Philly was down 2 goals, not allowing 1 goal does not automatically mean that Philly was going to win. Get over it guys, refs miss calls all the time for all teams, suck it up.

OOOOIIIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Jacques G
Glassic

I actually thought the Hodgson (?) goal that was reviewed for a potential kick looked like goaltender interference. From the overhead cam, it looked like the puck was in Bryz's glove, then the Buffalo skate kicked his glove and with it, the puck into the net. I could be wrong though.

Jacques G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KClovesGaming

The refs have been bad, but it's going to happen. Can't expect perfection. People whine about refs in every pro league. Calls are going to be missed, bad calls are also part of the game. Chalk it up to the refs not working during the lock out ladies.

KClovesGaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
The last one, the ref lost sight of the puck. Simple.

The goalie interference was just bad.
I was trying to explain it to my wife, and she asks, "If he closes his eyes, can he blow the whistle as well?" Didn't have a compelling response.

This wasn't a case of the puck being covered for a second and coming loose. It was loose the entire play. It was at least as bad as the first disallowed goal--I actually think it is worse. There's simply no reason to get that one wrong.

That said, the Flyers did not play very well, again. They were awful in the first period, again. Simmonds created (and missed) many chances, again.

There was no conspiracy. That's absurd. But Flyers' fans have every right to claim that those two goals should have counted--they should have. Anyone who watches hockey knows that. Doesn't mean they deserved to win the game...

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BrimFullofAsham45

The Flyers did not deserve to win the game, but it probably would be a very different game had the Fedotenko disallowed goal made it 1-1.

Bryz was good for the most part but the Hodgson goal was completely unacceptable. Bryz tried to bat the puck away. So stupid, just cover the damn puck with your glove.

BrimFullofAsham45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:33 PM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
I understand both of the calls, they weren't bias against us, the ref is an human and sees the play only one time. That's the problem, they can make mistakes, and sometimes the cost is very high. They should try to do something about it.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

It's easy to blame the refs but let's face it, you're not going to win many games when you get outshot 41-29.

CaptainObvious.jpg

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Don't blame the refs, blame miller for being a crybaby and milking every G-Interference call that he possibly can
Hartnell went into him and gave the most lame, 'what?!?' look afterwards. Myers barely touched him. That was the most blatant goalie interference, how can anyone claim otherwise? Hartnell went to the net, kept going and Myers tried to to steer him away but was barely touching him. The goalies have been complaining about this because the dmen aren't allowed to do anything anymore.

pucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brovalchuk View Post
Fixed the game? Really? Philly was down 2 goals, not allowing 1 goal does not automatically mean that Philly was going to win. Get over it guys, refs miss calls all the time for all teams, suck it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
The refs have been bad, but it's going to happen. Can't expect perfection. People whine about refs in every pro league. Calls are going to be missed, bad calls are also part of the game. Chalk it up to the refs not working during the lock out ladies.
I love this argument. "The refs miss calls all the time." Is that the norm now? The refs disallowing 2 clear goals is now acceptable?

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:34 PM
Novacane
My Hero

Some terrible calls this game. Sorry Philly fans.

Novacane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BringBackStevens

Fans of any team would be upset having 2 legitimate goals pulled back in a game. That said, I don't think most Flyers fans "blame" the loss on the refs. It's just super frustrating

I watch a lot of games from around the league and this kind of stuff just happens too often. I really think the directive to blow the whistle the INSTANT the puck is out of sight is really stupid. So many good goals are taken back because the puck passes through some bodies or the goalie's arms in the crease. It should need to be covered and out of sight for a 2-3 seconds before blowing the play dead. The goalies are rarely injured by sticks digging for pucks so I don't buy the safety reasoning

The interference is just more of the same frustrations. It seems the refs just make something up when it comes to goalie interference. Zero consistency

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
pucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post
The Flyers did not deserve to win the game, but it probably would be a very different game had the Fedotenko disallowed goal made it 1-1.

Bryz was good for the most part but the Hodgson goal was completely unacceptable. Bryz tried to bat the puck away. So stupid, just cover the damn puck with your glove.
'Glad someone saw it the way I did.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:35 PM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrimFullofAsham45 View Post

I dont think it would have really made any difference. Maybe if after that goal was dissallowed Buffalo took over the game and ran away with you can make the argument the game would have been drastically different, but the game was tied up until midway through the third with no team able to pull away at that point, so there is no reason to believe that Philly would have ran away with the game had they tied it at that point.

Old
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucky View Post
Hartnell went into him and gave the most lame, 'what?!?' look afterwards. Myers barely touched him. That was the most blatant goalie interference, how can anyone claim otherwise? Hartnell went to the net, kept going and Myers tried to to steer him away but was barely touching him. The goalies have been complaining about this because the dmen aren't allowed to do anything anymore.
Pretty sure we're discussing a disallowed goal.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DeflatedFootball7

So do Penguins fans. It works both ways you know. Point is the reffing was awful this game. That being said the Flyers played like dick on a stick.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
threeVo

Karma for the time John Leclair scored through the side of the net in the playoffs.

threeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ayshplaysh

Quote:
Hartnell got a penalty on that play...

ayshplaysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:36 PM
pucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Pretty sure we're discussing a disallowed goal.
I thought they're talking about goalie interference, too.

Old
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
The discussion is not on how bad the Flyers played, it's about bad calls. The fact that the Flyers played bad doesn't justify these calls.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayshplaysh View Post
Hartnell got a penalty on that play...
Yeah, a good call in a game of many bad ones.

Old
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
I thought they're talking about goalie interference, too.
Yeah. In the first period. Goal disallowed.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:37 PM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
I love this argument. "The refs miss calls all the time." Is that the norm now? The refs disallowing 2 clear goals is now acceptable?
This has been the norm for years... yes, learn to deal with it. I remember a certain shootout goal last year that Philly scored against the Devils that was the incorrect call. They got it wrong then, and its not the first time it happened.