HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#2 - 01/20/2013 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG, NHL NET

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 03:57 PM
JCrusher*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Neither is Kreider. Not even close. At least Hagelin can find the puck when it is under his feet.

And a problem emerges when you try to align players based on their characterizations of ability. Malkin is a first line player, but its better than he doesn't play there. Crosby's wingers are not first liners, but it is best if the play there because that is how the team clicks best.
Kreider plays well when playing with better linemates like stepan and richards

Old
01-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Neither is Kreider. Not even close. At least Hagelin can find the puck when it is under his feet.

And a problem emerges when you try to align players based on their characterizations of ability. Malkin is a first line player, but its better than he doesn't play there. Crosby's wingers are not first liners, but it is best if the play there because that is how the team clicks best.
Is it just me, or does Kreider fall down..... a lot. I swear he slips and falls as much as Hartnell.

01-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
I like Hagelin but i dont know why Torts has so much confidence in him. He was a ghost in the playoffs and his play last night pretty much gave boston the momentum
keep in mind that was hagelin's first ever nhl playoffs and he played more than double the amount of games that he had ever played in one season AND that was his first pro season. Reports sure sound as though both him and stepan got stronger and more built in the offseason and Richards has spoke very highly of hagelin's improvements on the ice from last season. Hopefully we see that soon, maybe last night was a bit of nerves and let's be honest nobody played well last night

Old
01-20-2013, 04:04 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Kreider plays well when playing with better linemates like stepan and richards
This was evident in the playoffs. As soon as Tortorella bumped him up, he became a factor.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:05 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Is it just me, or does Kreider fall down..... a lot. I swear he slips and falls as much as Hartnell.
He concerns me, and I've expressed this for awhile, he is great on the rush and along the boards, but he has trouble with the cycle, he can only hold the puck away from himself much like Anisimov.

I've not noticed anything too bad with falling down, but he has trouble adjusting his frame on a dime to get a shot off.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:05 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
keep in mind that was hagelin's first ever nhl playoffs and he played more than double the amount of games that he had ever played in one season AND that was his first pro season. Reports sure sound as though both him and stepan got stronger and more built in the offseason and Richards has spoke very highly of hagelin's improvements on the ice from last season. Hopefully we see that soon, maybe last night was a bit of nerves and let's be honest nobody played well last night
well i agree the overall team was piss poor. As for hagein he might be able to play on the first line sometimes but against teams like the bruins he just looks scared

Old
01-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Maineice11

Quote:
Thinking Torts will stay with Bickel RT @ramjam900: Any word on 6th d man tonight? @stevezipay
Steve Zipay (twitter) @stevezipay

I hope he is wrong

Old
JCrusher*

Quote:
He concerns me, and I've expressed this for awhile, he is great on the rush and along the boards, but he has trouble with the cycle, he can only hold the puck away from himself much like Anisimov.

I've not noticed anything too bad with falling down, but he has trouble adjusting his frame on a dime to get a shot off.
Kreider will be fine i just wish he didnt play with poor linemates

Old
Machinehead
ActingLikeAStempniak

People are way too quick to write guys off as not being 1st line options or top six options.

In fact the formalization of lines by fans in general: "This is the 1st line, this is the 3rd line, this is the top 6" is pretty ridiculous.

There's two things that really matter when it comes to line combos: chemistry, and having three lines that can score. If that means Taylor Pyatt on the "1st" line, then that's the way it is.

Chicago won a Cup with Troy Brouwer getting time on the 1st line.

01-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Kane One

vCash: 1500
Speaking of Kreider, I'm looking at the Rangers site and is he really 6'3", 226 lbs?

01-20-2013, 04:08 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
This was evident in the playoffs. As soon as Tortorella bumped him up, he became a factor.
I agree especially in the devils series. He just doesnt fit with boyle and pyatt. Yes i know he is a rookie and needs to polish his game but you gotta use his strengths too

Old
01-20-2013, 04:09 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Speaking of Kreider, I'm looking at the Rangers site and is he really 6'3", 226 lbs?
He is a big kid with a ton of speed

Old
01-20-2013, 04:09 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
kids a giant

Old
01-20-2013, 04:14 PM
SnowblindNYR

Something about NY coaches staying with useless players for some unknown reason. First Coughlin with Diehl now this garbage. Why does Torts love that giant waste of space Bickel? He didn't even play him in the playoffs!

Old
01-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Kane One

vCash: 1500
Quote:
He is a big kid with a ton of speed
Of course I know that. I just didn't realize he was so big.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:15 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
He's lean. People carry weight differently.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Maineice11

Quote:
#NYR Asham replaces Segal in lineup tonight, Lundqvist in goal
Katie Strang (twitter) @KatieStrangESPN

for anyone asking

Old
01-20-2013, 04:20 PM
haveandare

I think people are jumping to unrealistically pessimistic conclusions about almost every player based on a game where the entire team, save for literally 3 or 4 guys, played like crap. They had a lot of new guys to work into the line up, they had almost no training camp and they were down by one goal until the very end to a team that is also supposed to be a contender and hadn't replaced really anybody since last season. Yeah, these are "excuses," but they're valid excuses and there's a huge difference between those and people making stuff up like "bad luck" and "not clicking." The Flyers haven't looked good so far, the Nucks looked like garbage last night... good teams are going to struggle under the unorthodox circumstances to start. Let's try to keep some sense of reality here.

I'm hoping for a better performance tonight if for no other reason than it was obvious that every player was disappointed in what happened against Boston. The Pens are a solid team, but they have an obvious weakness on D that Boston doesn't. Let's see if NYR can exploit that. A win would be great, but honestly, I'll be happy seeing a good improvement even if it comes with a loss at this point.

Last edited by haveandare: 01-20-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: wrote ENG, there was no ENG. bad memory.
Old
01-20-2013, 04:21 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
Just win.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Maineice11

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
I think people are jumping to unrealistically pessimistic conclusions about almost every player based on a game where the entire team, save for literally 3 or 4 guys, played like crap. They had a lot of new guys to work into the line up, they had almost no training camp and they lost by one goal until the ENG to a team that is also supposed to be a contender and hadn't replaced really anybody since last season. Yeah, these are "excuses," but they're valid excuses and there's a huge difference between those and people making stuff up like "bad luck" and "not clicking." The Flyers haven't looked good so far, the Nucks looked like garbage last night... good teams are going to struggle under the unorthodox circumstances to start. Let's try to keep some sense of reality here.

I'm hoping for a better performance tonight if for no other reason than it was obvious that every player was disappointed in what happened against Boston. The Pens are a solid team, but they have an obvious weakness on D that Boston doesn't. Let's see if NYR can exploit that. A win would be great, but honestly, I'll be happy seeing a good improvement even if it comes with a loss at this point.
There was no empty net goal last night...besides that I agree whole heartedly with your response

Old
01-20-2013, 04:30 PM
NYR1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Stepan and Callahan have never had good chemistry. So don't play them together. Steps has good chemistry with Kreider and Gaborik. Makes too much sense to try that as our 2nd line. Put Richards between Nash and Cally on the first.
This. Moves Gabby back to the right as well.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:34 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
There was no empty net goal last night...besides that I agree whole heartedly with your response
Damn, you're right. I remembered the puck getting thrown toward the empty net and I was in the kitchen when the last goal was scored so I didn't have a great memory of it. My memory ain't what she used to be. ENG aside, I stick by everything I said in the post and I'm glad that someone agrees.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Lundsanity30

Its my birthday today. Just win

Old
01-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Its my birthday today. Just win
Happy Birthday. May I suggest drinking heavily?

Old
01-20-2013, 04:51 PM
ThisYearsModel

LGR! Smack the crybaby and Mr. Slewfoot.

Closed Thread