HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs 2 - 1 Habs

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 01:07 PM
BigM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Very true. And if your skating isn't great in today's NHL, you should at least be more than capable of moving bodies and controlling space - a compounding weakness (no pun intended) of that group collectively when it involves over 40 minutes of Kabouillon.
Well, the good news is that, according to TSN's website, the Habs now have Huberdeau, Stephen Weiss, Brian Campbell and Kovalev on the roster:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/roster/?...=nhl-canadiens

Looks like TSN fixed it.

Last edited by BigM: 01-20-2013 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Edit: Looks like they have now fixed it.
Old
01-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Another thing I felt like Price was really not all there too. Especially his style, he usualy stand tall and is a position guy but he was on the ice all night like he was Kiprusoff or something.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:10 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I know, just one game....It just would have been fun to be amongst the teams and the fans that had a whole lot of fun yesterday. 'Cause other teams did win. And played great. We had a terrible year last year. We had to endure a lockout and then people wonder why there's some frustration because it's just 1 game?
On the contrary, yesterday shouldn't have been a surprise at all as a direct result of last season's result AND the fact that just about everything changed management-wise and there was only a very brief adjustment period coming out of a lockout - phewf. Doesn't mean we should be 'happy' about it, but, I don't know, the angry reaction seems to be excessive and impulsive.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
On the contrary, yesterday shouldn't have been a surprise at all as a direct result of last season's result AND the fact that just about everything changed management-wise and there was only a very brief adjustment period coming out of a lockout - phewf. Doesn't mean we should be 'happy' about it, but, I don't know, the angry reaction seems to be excessive and impulsive.
But it was against the Leafs. Scrivens was clearly asking to be ridiculized last night. Was battling the puck everytime he could. And that Leafs team is really mediocre.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:11 PM
jedimyrmidon

Btw, does anyone have the highlight from yesterday where Price stuck out his glove while practically doing the splits to prevent a sure goal? He didn't glove it and stop play, but it was a very impressive save nonetheless.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Shaby23

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Another thing I felt like Price was really not all there too. Especially his style, he usualy stand tall and is a position guy but he was on the ice all night like he was Kiprusoff or something.
I watched a lots of games and all the goaltender were like that. Did you see Quick? It's only 1 game chill out .

Old
01-20-2013, 01:15 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But it was against the Leafs. Scrivens was clearly asking to be ridiculized last night. Was battling the puck everytime he could. And that Leafs team is really mediocre.
Heheh, I won't disagree with you that it was only the Leafs and that Scrivens looked like a guy waiting to be scored on (would have been nice if Gally's first shot somehow got through).

I'm pretty sure that if White hadn't interfered with Scrivens and Prust had scored, the outcome of the game would have been different. Actually, I'm pretty sure if Cole hadn't taken that boneheaded second penalty right after the first, the game would have been much more exciting.

But the Habs with the rust and them not being very good last season couldn't overcome that and so it went downhill.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Hockeylaw

From a Leafs fan:

It was just one game, and both teams were a little scatterbrained after a long off-season. Could have gone either way.

Be glad that Price was solid throughout. At least you don't have to hold your breath every time the puck comes to close to your net.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Gally11

I don't know if it's just me but some of the players I was worried about Markov and Bourque looked really good last night so that's a good sign. I also thought Diaz was really impressive and would like to see a Markov - Diaz combo on PP next game and maybe mix up the lines a little bit like pleks with pacioretty on first wave, I've never been impressed with DD on PP

Old
01-20-2013, 01:37 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Wrong !!
A third exclamation point might have convinced me.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Forsead

I understand it's hard for players that didn't played alot during the lockout, but man Bouillon has to step up his game. If he can't it means that he lost some serious steps since Nashville...

I don't like such a small ice time on guys like Moen, Eller and Diaz, they really can help the team win. I hope it doesn't show what will see this year.

In the end, it was the first game this new group played together after a lockout, we can't expect too much from the start and shouldn't be too hard on them.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:11 PM
sampollock

better get in shape quick

Old
01-20-2013, 02:24 PM
habtastic

Can't wait to play the leafs again once we've got the kinks worked out (and PK signed).

As expected, the reaction around here is...typical (of leaf fans), after watching that abomination of a team (that we managed to lose to) and Scrivens (oh my).

Old
01-20-2013, 02:29 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
I understand it's hard for players that didn't played alot during the lockout, but man Bouillon has to step up his game. If he can't it means that he lost some serious steps since Nashville...

I don't like such a small ice time on guys like Moen, Eller and Diaz, they really can help the team win. I hope it doesn't show what will see this year.

In the end, it was the first game this new group played together after a lockout, we can't expect too much from the start and shouldn't be too hard on them.
I don't think its lost steps. Its not playing behind Suter-Weber.

Frankly, I think Nashville's D stunk past their World beating top pairing. There was a reason Gill was a top 4 guy for them. Klein is ok but Boullion and the youth weren't all that great.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:33 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Kaberle was always expendable once Markov came back, but he's even more expendable with Diaz. He's definitely our 2nd buy-out in the summer.

Cube was only signed for 1 year. Next year, we get Tinordi in the line-up, and we sign Subban. We come back with Gorges-Subban, Markov-Emelin, and Tinordi-Diaz. A lot more balanced back-end in terms of skill, toughness and size.

The D is definitely still a work in progress, but it's a strength in our prospect system.
Agreed

Old
01-20-2013, 02:53 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee View Post
Kaberle was always expendable once Markov came back, but he's even more expendable with Diaz. He's definitely our 2nd buy-out in the summer.

Cube was only signed for 1 year. Next year, we get Tinordi in the line-up, and we sign Subban. We come back with Gorges-Subban, Markov-Emelin, and Tinordi-Diaz. A lot more balanced back-end in terms of skill, toughness and size.

The D is definitely still a work in progress, but it's a strength in our prospect system.
Ya Diaz who can't pass to save his life is going to replace Kaberle, keep dreaming.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Dekar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeylaw View Post
From a Leafs fan:

It was just one game, and both teams were a little scatterbrained after a long off-season. Could have gone either way.

Be glad that Price was solid throughout. At least you don't have to hold your breath every time the puck comes to close to your net.
Yeah, I was at the game with my friend (who is a Leafs fan) and he was cursing Scrivens all night. Any time he tried handling the puck (or came out of his net at all), my hopes got up for a scoring chance.

Luckily, for teams with a lot of question marks, this shortened season is the perfect time for teams to start figuring those question marks out. Toronto's goaltending situation is a fine example. I do think Reimer will win back the starter job if there's no trades and Scrivens doesn't start playing unconscious somehow.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:04 PM
Hockeylaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar View Post
Luckily, for teams with a lot of question marks, this shortened season is the perfect time for teams to start figuring those question marks out. Toronto's goaltending situation is a fine example. I do think Reimer will win back the starter job if there's no trades and Scrivens doesn't start playing unconscious somehow.
Agreed. Though especially after last year's draft, I think the Habs are in a better position to address their insufficiencies going forward.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Kriss E

I still can't believe Bouillon was used for over 20min. Our #2 Dman.
Why? Almost 5min on the PK...No wonder we gave up 2 goals..
I think Kaberle played well actually, much better than last year, but still 20min for him is too much.
I rather see youngsters get more ice time than these guys.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:30 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I still can't believe Bouillon was used for over 20min. Our #2 Dman.
Why? Almost 5min on the PK...No wonder we gave up 2 goals..
I think Kaberle played well actually, much better than last year, but still 20min for him is too much.
I rather see youngsters get more ice time than these guys.
It should have been Markov-Gorges.

We are so thin on defense it's ridiculous, and that is WITH Subban. You gotta put all your eggs in one basket instead of playing offD-defD or what not and they are our two most experienced defensemen. At least Martin got that one right. This lineup isn't deep enough to win if you spread it thin.

Same goes for the offense, although that part remained intact - they should pick it up soon, I don't believe for one second that the chemistry of our first line disappeared like that. They will get rolling soon, we need patience. This is not the time to break up the first line and start trying out new combinations. This was also something I liked of Martin, he wasn't panicking with his forward lines.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:53 PM
CanadiensforLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashy View Post
TSN turning point...Plek's snow shower penalty....what a ****ing joke.
This. The spraying the goalie happens thousands of times during a season and RARELY gets called..after giving the Habs penalty upon penalty, you'd think the ref would let that one go. Absolute garbage.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
It should have been Markov-Gorges.

We are so thin on defense it's ridiculous, and that is WITH Subban. You gotta put all your eggs in one basket instead of playing offD-defD or what not and they are our two most experienced defensemen. At least Martin got that one right. This lineup isn't deep enough to win if you spread it thin.

Same goes for the offense, although that part remained intact - they should pick it up soon, I don't believe for one second that the chemistry of our first line disappeared like that. They will get rolling soon, we need patience. This is not the time to break up the first line and start trying out new combinations. This was also something I liked of Martin, he wasn't panicking with his forward lines.
Too bad Terry-ann was available.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:58 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I missed you so much.
I don't remember you, any last usernames ?

Old
01-20-2013, 04:05 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
Burned

Old
01-20-2013, 04:10 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned View Post
Komisarek_Freak, but it was a long time ago and I didn't post much. Let's say your Kovalev love made my HF readings entertaining

Closed Thread