HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2013, 12:51 PM
  #76
Pellegrino
Registered User
 
Pellegrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumcajs View Post
Yeah i understand your feelings towards Silf the only thing holding us back is that we havent gone through a championship run led by Silf. Also we already had one Swedish sensation as a winger so its hard for us to say "oh he will be better" because we have all grown up watching this guy play.
Well, Silfverberg is just a rookie in the NHL. Shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as a legend like Alfredsson. Not yet anyway.

Pellegrino is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:49 PM
  #77
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 12,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
Well, Silfverberg is just a rookie in the NHL. Shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as a legend like Alfredsson. Not yet anyway.
Why not? He did everything Alfredsson did in the SEL & maybe more. Alfredsson has been a great player for the Senators but when the so called experts look at Alfredsson as a HOF I don't think that they see him as a sure thing or as a legend. Outside of Ottawa I think there will be a strong arguement against which tells me Alfie isn't as great a player as we think he is. I think he should be in the HOF but I'm biased. Of course it's too early, but Silfverberg seems to have the potential, the only question is can he put it all together & I'm of the opinion he can, he seems to have that "it" factor.

aragorn is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 01:56 PM
  #78
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Why not? He did everything Alfredsson did in the SEL & maybe more. Alfredsson has been a great player for the Senators but when the so called experts look at Alfredsson as a HOF I don't think that they see him as a sure thing or as a legend. Outside of Ottawa I think there will be a strong arguement against which tells me Alfie isn't as great a player as we think he is. I think he should be in the HOF but I'm biased. Of course it's too early, but Silfverberg seems to have the potential, the only question is can he put it all together & I'm of the opinion he can, he seems to have that "it" factor.
most respectful I can be in this moment.

wubwubwubwub is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:01 PM
  #79
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Why not? He did everything Alfredsson did in the SEL & maybe more. Alfredsson has been a great player for the Senators but when the so called experts look at Alfredsson as a HOF I don't think that they see him as a sure thing or as a legend. Outside of Ottawa I think there will be a strong arguement against which tells me Alfie isn't as great a player as we think he is. I think he should be in the HOF but I'm biased. Of course it's too early, but Silfverberg seems to have the potential, the only question is can he put it all together & I'm of the opinion he can, he seems to have that "it" factor.
Man it's the hockey hall of fame not the NHL hall of fame Alfie is a lock to get into thier especially as he is one of the best players to ever come out of Sweden.

Further more they already have a thing on Alfie in the HHOF in Toronto. Not an inducted player but a write up with Ottawa vs Toronto and some stuff on Alfie and an Alfir jersey if I remember correctly.

BK201 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:13 PM
  #80
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,176
vCash: 500
Guess who is followed by Silfverbergs sister on twitter?

This guy.

Qward is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:18 PM
  #81
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Guess who is followed by Silfverbergs sister on twitter?

This guy.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:20 PM
  #82
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,176
vCash: 500
We are getting married tomorrow. *blush*

Qward is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:35 PM
  #83
Philadelphia Collins
Registered User
 
Philadelphia Collins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
We are getting married tomorrow. *blush*
make sure not to call Jakob's name during your first time getting intimate with her

rookie mistake

Philadelphia Collins is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:45 PM
  #84
Daffy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Why not? He did everything Alfredsson did in the SEL & maybe more. Alfredsson has been a great player for the Senators but when the so called experts look at Alfredsson as a HOF I don't think that they see him as a sure thing or as a legend. Outside of Ottawa I think there will be a strong arguement against which tells me Alfie isn't as great a player as we think he is. I think he should be in the HOF but I'm biased. Of course it's too early, but Silfverberg seems to have the potential, the only question is can he put it all together & I'm of the opinion he can, he seems to have that "it" factor.
Based on what exactly? I like him too, but lets relax a bit before comparing him to Ottawa's greatest player and captain. Nobody has really seen him play yet, minus a handfull of games. He looks good, but lets just wait and see. No need to anoint him anything.

Daffy is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:49 PM
  #85
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,176
vCash: 500
Don't fret about the comparison. People do it all the time. Cowen is the new Chara, Stone is the new Heatley, yadda yadda yadda

Qward is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:52 PM
  #86
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 12,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Man it's the hockey hall of fame not the NHL hall of fame Alfie is a lock to get into thier especially as he is one of the best players to ever come out of Sweden.

Further more they already have a thing on Alfie in the HHOF in Toronto. Not an inducted player but a write up with Ottawa vs Toronto and some stuff on Alfie and an Alfir jersey if I remember correctly.
How is that relevent, exactly? Yes, it's the HHOF which means even more competition but are you insinuating that because he was great in Sweden that would count towards being inducted into the HHOF? I don't think so. Maybe if he was great in a number of International tournaments like the Olympics & World Cups which Alfie has won.

There have been a lot of good hockey players that have come out of Sweden & some of them are in the HOF especially those that have won cups like Forsberg & Lidstrom will be. Sundin is in which IMO should also get Alfie in since Sundin also never won a cup & they are close in lifetime pts. Alfredsson won the Calder but no other awards afterwards that matter like MVP (Hart), Rocket Richard, leading scorer .... He has most of the milestones in Ottawa but not so much in the NHL. I hope he gets in but I don't think he is a sure thing & maybe not even on the first ballot.

aragorn is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:55 PM
  #87
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
How is that relevent, exactly? Yes, it's the HHOF which means even more competition but are you insinuating that because he was great in Sweden that would count towards being inducted into the HHOF?
Yes. As has always been the case. Its the HOCKEY HALL OF FAME, not the NHL hall of fame.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:06 PM
  #88
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 4,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Yes. As has always been the case. Its the HOCKEY HALL OF FAME, not the NHL hall of fame.
Nah, if it was the Hockey Hall of Fame, Makarov would be a member long ago.

Kshahdoo is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:14 PM
  #89
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 12,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Based on what exactly? I like him too, but lets relax a bit before comparing him to Ottawa's greatest player and captain. Nobody has really seen him play yet, minus a handfull of games. He looks good, but lets just wait and see. No need to anoint him anything.
Based on him being the MVP of the SEL regular season & second in scoring I believe, being the MVP of the SEL playoffs last yr & leading the playoffs in scoring I believe & based on his team winning the SEL playoffs under his leadership. He was Captain most of the yr as well. Also based on him leading the Binghamton Senators in pts this yr to date, he seems to me to be trending in the right direction.

aragorn is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:21 PM
  #90
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
make sure not to call Jakob's name during your first time getting intimate with her

rookie mistake
Biggest challenge will be to not talk like the Swedish chef.

Qward is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:35 PM
  #91
ChiassonTale
Registered User
 
ChiassonTale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 879
vCash: 500
Alfie will never be in the HHOF. You MUST be at least 6'2 to enter. FACT!!

ChiassonTale is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:36 PM
  #92
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 25,932
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
make sure not to call Jakob's name during your first time getting intimate with her

rookie mistake
Lmfaooooooooo, gold stuff.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:53 PM
  #93
BigZKingK
Registered User
 
BigZKingK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
make sure not to call Jakob's name during your first time getting intimate with her

rookie mistake
Haha that's gold

BigZKingK is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 04:21 PM
  #94
Rumcajs
Registered User
 
Rumcajs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Guess who is followed by Silfverbergs sister on twitter?

This guy.
What did you say to earn that? Must have been funny

Rumcajs is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 04:31 PM
  #95
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silfverberger View Post
Alfie will never be in the HHOF. You MUST be at least 6'2 to enter. FACT!!
In all seriousness though, the moment Sundin was elected to the Hall, that immediately put Alfie in. There is absolutely no logical argument that can be made against Aflie now that Sundin's name is there. The only thing that will keep him out are Toronto based reporters.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 04:35 PM
  #96
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
How is that relevent, exactly? Yes, it's the HHOF which means even more competition but are you insinuating that because he was great in Sweden that would count towards being inducted into the HHOF? I don't think so. Maybe if he was great in a number of International tournaments like the Olympics & World Cups which Alfie has won.

There have been a lot of good hockey players that have come out of Sweden & some of them are in the HOF especially those that have won cups like Forsberg & Lidstrom will be. Sundin is in which IMO should also get Alfie in since Sundin also never won a cup & they are close in lifetime pts. Alfredsson won the Calder but no other awards afterwards that matter like MVP (Hart), Rocket Richard, leading scorer .... He has most of the milestones in Ottawa but not so much in the NHL. I hope he gets in but I don't think he is a sure thing & maybe not even on the first ballot.
how about a gold medal in the 2006 olympics. your purely thinking NHL. 75th all time NHL player to hit 1000 points in the NHL.

i wouldn't say first Ballot either though TBH.

BK201 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 04:37 PM
  #97
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
In all seriousness though, the moment Sundin was elected to the Hall, that immediately put Alfie in. There is absolutely no logical argument that can be made against Aflie now that Sundin's name is there. The only thing that will keep him out are Toronto based reporters.
It might be hard to say -- but Sundin was a better player than Alfredsson.

Curtinho is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 04:38 PM
  #98
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
There are thousands of players who outperforms Alfie up until age of 21, though.
It's worth noting that Alfredsson was 23 in his rookie season in the NHL.

Curtinho is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 04:41 PM
  #99
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup
 
FolignoQuantumLeap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: A Blue Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
It might be hard to say -- but Sundin was a better player than Alfredsson.
I have a hard time believing you saw Sundin play many games let alone Alfredsson in his prime.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 07:25 PM
  #100
Curtinho
YNWA
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
I have a hard time believing you saw Sundin play many games let alone Alfredsson in his prime.
So because you have no factual basis for which to make an argument you attack the person you disagree with? Seems pretty par for the course.

Curtinho is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.