HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Pellegrino

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumcajs View Post
Yeah i understand your feelings towards Silf the only thing holding us back is that we havent gone through a championship run led by Silf. Also we already had one Swedish sensation as a winger so its hard for us to say "oh he will be better" because we have all grown up watching this guy play.
Well, Silfverberg is just a rookie in the NHL. Shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as a legend like Alfredsson. Not yet anyway.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:49 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellegrino View Post
Well, Silfverberg is just a rookie in the NHL. Shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as a legend like Alfredsson. Not yet anyway.
Why not? He did everything Alfredsson did in the SEL & maybe more. Alfredsson has been a great player for the Senators but when the so called experts look at Alfredsson as a HOF I don't think that they see him as a sure thing or as a legend. Outside of Ottawa I think there will be a strong arguement against which tells me Alfie isn't as great a player as we think he is. I think he should be in the HOF but I'm biased. Of course it's too early, but Silfverberg seems to have the potential, the only question is can he put it all together & I'm of the opinion he can, he seems to have that "it" factor.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:56 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Why not? He did everything Alfredsson did in the SEL & maybe more. Alfredsson has been a great player for the Senators but when the so called experts look at Alfredsson as a HOF I don't think that they see him as a sure thing or as a legend. Outside of Ottawa I think there will be a strong arguement against which tells me Alfie isn't as great a player as we think he is. I think he should be in the HOF but I'm biased. Of course it's too early, but Silfverberg seems to have the potential, the only question is can he put it all together & I'm of the opinion he can, he seems to have that "it" factor.
most respectful I can be in this moment.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:01 PM
BK201

Quote:
Man it's the hockey hall of fame not the NHL hall of fame Alfie is a lock to get into thier especially as he is one of the best players to ever come out of Sweden.

Further more they already have a thing on Alfie in the HHOF in Toronto. Not an inducted player but a write up with Ottawa vs Toronto and some stuff on Alfie and an Alfir jersey if I remember correctly.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Guess who is followed by Silfverbergs sister on twitter?

This guy.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:18 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post

This guy.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:20 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

We are getting married tomorrow. *blush*

Old
01-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Philadelphia Collins

Quote:
We are getting married tomorrow. *blush*
make sure not to call Jakob's name during your first time getting intimate with her

rookie mistake

Old
01-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Daffy

Quote:
Based on what exactly? I like him too, but lets relax a bit before comparing him to Ottawa's greatest player and captain. Nobody has really seen him play yet, minus a handfull of games. He looks good, but lets just wait and see. No need to anoint him anything.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Don't fret about the comparison. People do it all the time. Cowen is the new Chara, Stone is the new Heatley, yadda yadda yadda

Old
01-20-2013, 02:52 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Man it's the hockey hall of fame not the NHL hall of fame Alfie is a lock to get into thier especially as he is one of the best players to ever come out of Sweden.

Further more they already have a thing on Alfie in the HHOF in Toronto. Not an inducted player but a write up with Ottawa vs Toronto and some stuff on Alfie and an Alfir jersey if I remember correctly.
How is that relevent, exactly? Yes, it's the HHOF which means even more competition but are you insinuating that because he was great in Sweden that would count towards being inducted into the HHOF? I don't think so. Maybe if he was great in a number of International tournaments like the Olympics & World Cups which Alfie has won.

There have been a lot of good hockey players that have come out of Sweden & some of them are in the HOF especially those that have won cups like Forsberg & Lidstrom will be. Sundin is in which IMO should also get Alfie in since Sundin also never won a cup & they are close in lifetime pts. Alfredsson won the Calder but no other awards afterwards that matter like MVP (Hart), Rocket Richard, leading scorer .... He has most of the milestones in Ottawa but not so much in the NHL. I hope he gets in but I don't think he is a sure thing & maybe not even on the first ballot.

Old
01-20-2013, 02:55 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
How is that relevent, exactly? Yes, it's the HHOF which means even more competition but are you insinuating that because he was great in Sweden that would count towards being inducted into the HHOF?
Yes. As has always been the case. Its the HOCKEY HALL OF FAME, not the NHL hall of fame.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Yes. As has always been the case. Its the HOCKEY HALL OF FAME, not the NHL hall of fame.
Nah, if it was the Hockey Hall of Fame, Makarov would be a member long ago.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:14 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffy View Post
Based on what exactly? I like him too, but lets relax a bit before comparing him to Ottawa's greatest player and captain. Nobody has really seen him play yet, minus a handfull of games. He looks good, but lets just wait and see. No need to anoint him anything.
Based on him being the MVP of the SEL regular season & second in scoring I believe, being the MVP of the SEL playoffs last yr & leading the playoffs in scoring I believe & based on his team winning the SEL playoffs under his leadership. He was Captain most of the yr as well. Also based on him leading the Binghamton Senators in pts this yr to date, he seems to me to be trending in the right direction.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:21 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
make sure not to call Jakob's name during your first time getting intimate with her

rookie mistake
Biggest challenge will be to not talk like the Swedish chef.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:35 PM
ChiassonTale

Alfie will never be in the HHOF. You MUST be at least 6'2 to enter. FACT!!

Old
01-20-2013, 03:36 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:

rookie mistake
Lmfaooooooooo, gold stuff.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:53 PM
BigZKingK

Quote:

rookie mistake
Haha that's gold

Old
01-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Rumcajs

Quote:

This guy.
What did you say to earn that? Must have been funny

Old
01-20-2013, 04:31 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silfverberger View Post
Alfie will never be in the HHOF. You MUST be at least 6'2 to enter. FACT!!
In all seriousness though, the moment Sundin was elected to the Hall, that immediately put Alfie in. There is absolutely no logical argument that can be made against Aflie now that Sundin's name is there. The only thing that will keep him out are Toronto based reporters.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:35 PM
BK201

Quote:
How is that relevent, exactly? Yes, it's the HHOF which means even more competition but are you insinuating that because he was great in Sweden that would count towards being inducted into the HHOF? I don't think so. Maybe if he was great in a number of International tournaments like the Olympics & World Cups which Alfie has won.

There have been a lot of good hockey players that have come out of Sweden & some of them are in the HOF especially those that have won cups like Forsberg & Lidstrom will be. Sundin is in which IMO should also get Alfie in since Sundin also never won a cup & they are close in lifetime pts. Alfredsson won the Calder but no other awards afterwards that matter like MVP (Hart), Rocket Richard, leading scorer .... He has most of the milestones in Ottawa but not so much in the NHL. I hope he gets in but I don't think he is a sure thing & maybe not even on the first ballot.
how about a gold medal in the 2006 olympics. your purely thinking NHL. 75th all time NHL player to hit 1000 points in the NHL.

i wouldn't say first Ballot either though TBH.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
In all seriousness though, the moment Sundin was elected to the Hall, that immediately put Alfie in. There is absolutely no logical argument that can be made against Aflie now that Sundin's name is there. The only thing that will keep him out are Toronto based reporters.
It might be hard to say -- but Sundin was a better player than Alfredsson.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
There are thousands of players who outperforms Alfie up until age of 21, though.
It's worth noting that Alfredsson was 23 in his rookie season in the NHL.

Old
01-20-2013, 04:41 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJam613 View Post
It might be hard to say -- but Sundin was a better player than Alfredsson.
I have a hard time believing you saw Sundin play many games let alone Alfredsson in his prime.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
I have a hard time believing you saw Sundin play many games let alone Alfredsson in his prime.
So because you have no factual basis for which to make an argument you attack the person you disagree with? Seems pretty par for the course.

Closed Thread