HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Gustav Nyquist

Old
01-17-2013, 08:16 PM
HTT3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
Have to somewhat agree with this. I like Jan. But unfortunately the Wings probably value a garbage player like Emmerton over him. Tough break for Jan getting injured last year. And eff Kenny for having so many forwards. Some of these bottom 6 forwards needed to be traded or not re-signed.
I'm not a Emmerton fan, but I like him on the bottom six over Mursak.

To me: Miller / Eaves > Emmerton / Musak

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:43 AM
nik jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
At best Mursak is a poor man's Helm. Problem is, Mursak is weak on the puck, doesn't have the hockey sense, and is a couple of smidges slower than Helm... but has the better hands of the two. He is a good forechecker and is a puck hound. He seems to have heart, but leaves more to be desired in comparison to Helm.

I don't see Mursak having a future here in Detroit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
Have to somewhat agree with this. I like Jan. But unfortunately the Wings probably value a garbage player like Emmerton over him. Tough break for Jan getting injured last year. And eff Kenny for having so many forwards. Some of these bottom 6 forwards needed to be traded or not re-signed.
agree with both

emmerton is very easily replaced, and it would be a good idea to trade some extra F's for a defensive d-man, a d-man better than quincey.

could have used brendan smith last season, instead of losing a 1st round pick.

probably it is not just tatar who is annoyed by being good enough to play in NHL, but being kept in AHL.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:11 AM
Detroit Swed Wings
#FireHolland

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTT3 View Post
At best Mursak is a poor man's Helm. Problem is, Mursak is weak on the puck, doesn't have the hockey sense, and is a couple of smidges slower than Helm... but has the better hands of the two. He is a good forechecker and is a puck hound. He seems to have heart, but leaves more to be desired in comparison to Helm.

I don't see Mursak having a future here in Detroit.
I would say that "a poor man's Helm" is an overstatement. When was the last time you saw a shift like this from anyone in DRW? Goosebumps rea-ppering

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSr1i4AUnYA

Last edited by Detroit Swed Wings: 01-18-2013 at 04:12 AM. Reason: clip
Detroit Swed Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:42 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
Mursak is too weak and small for a bottom 6 role. It's unfortunate, but he isn't going to last in the NHL. He should go overseas and get paid there for being a star. He will do good over in those leagues because of the physical play being less and the rinks being bigger.
He is not too weak and small to be as strong as Datsyuk is. Just get some traning advices from Pavel to get a strong legs and better balance.

Henkka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:45 AM
tfong

I wish we would trade some spare parts out to let Gus onto the roster, seems like a waste to have him in the A when I think he can help us now.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:49 AM
Osgood As It Gets
Church of Nyquist

vCash: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
I wish we would trade some spare parts out to let Gus onto the roster, seems like a waste to have him in the A when I think he can help us now.
I really think that the groins injuries will persist, he'll get his chance to play, guaranteed.

Osgood As It Gets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 10:52 AM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardingsJockstrap View Post
I really think that the groins injuries will persist, he'll get his chance to play, guaranteed.
I'm just more afraid of having another situation like Quincey where the wings weren't sure what they had until it was taken from them because they didn't try to find out. We don't want to have trade picks to bring back players we put on waivers lol.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:32 PM
gbdet

I think it is absolutely ridiculous that Nyquist isn't on the roster. I thought he proved last year that he belonged in the NHL. He could contribute now on the 3rd line and not look out of place. I don't understand what management is waiting for. What more does he have to prove in the minors? He is clearly a step ahead. He should be learning the NHL game by playing it, there's nothing else he's gonna learn playing in the AHL.

End of rant

gbdet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:59 PM
Hckytwn
FIRE HOLLAND NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully61 View Post
Mursak is too weak and small for a bottom 6 role. It's unfortunate, but he isn't going to last in the NHL. He should go overseas and get paid there for being a star. He will do good over in those leagues because of the physical play being less and the rinks being bigger.
He's the same height and weight as Helm and is nearly as fast.

Is he a poor-man's Helm? Perhaps, but frankly, it's hard to tell what he's capable of with only ~40 NHL games under his belt. Helm didn't exactly explode onto the scene inside his first few dozen games either.

Regardless, I'd rather give him the chance than fill our roster with "Samuelssons".

Hckytwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:03 PM
ricky0034

if I were Nyquist i'd demand a trade

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
Unfortunately for Nyquist Holland doesn't make trades.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:11 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
He is not too weak and small to be as strong as Datsyuk is. Just get some traning advices from Pavel to get a strong legs and better balance.
Only problem i see in Mursak's game is handling the puck and protecting the puck.
If he keeps it simple, works for the puck, puts the puck on net and goes to the net, he'll be a valuable guy.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 06:25 PM
sully61
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hckytwn View Post
He's the same height and weight as Helm and is nearly as fast.

Is he a poor-man's Helm? Perhaps, but frankly, it's hard to tell what he's capable of with only ~40 NHL games under his belt. Helm didn't exactly explode onto the scene inside his first few dozen games either.

Regardless, I'd rather give him the chance than fill our roster with "Samuelssons".
Weight is nice, but you need strength too, Mursak just isn't strong on his skates.

sully61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:35 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky0034 View Post
Seriously, what does he have to do? He can't even really be classified as a "kid" anymore, he's 23 years old and averaging over a point per game in the AHL. He's wasting prime years of his career at this point, if the Wings have no spot in the lineup for a player like him, I'm sure there are several teams who do.

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:38 PM
Frk It
#FireHolland

Remember this thread? > http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1239333

Yeah, I would pray I get drafted by any team OTHER than Detroit. This kind of **** is exactly why.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:47 PM
A1Portable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
He'll play his way into the lineup. He'd be playing in the top-6 for basically any other team.
Yup. And he should be playing for the Wings, too!

A1Portable is offline   Reply With Quote