HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around The NHL (Part XL)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-20-2013, 02:11 PM
  #401
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatNYR View Post
A terrible whistle. That was a goal.
Yeah, that infuriated me. I also hate the flyers.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:12 PM
  #402
Loffen
Wen Kroy
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 17,109
vCash: 500
Scott played under 2 minutes. ****ing all-star.

Loffen is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:26 PM
  #403
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,691
vCash: 500
Is Giroux garbage and are the Flyers destined for the basement, HFNYR?

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:29 PM
  #404
tomcatNYR
Rookie User
 
tomcatNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 382
vCash: 500
The Sabres did get a bit lucky also. The 3rd goal deflected in off Timonen and the Flyers for robbed a goal. Oh well, not gonna shed a tear for them, though. lol

tomcatNYR is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:29 PM
  #405
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Is Giroux garbage and are the Flyers destined for the basement, HFNYR?
No.

Course I'll find it hilarious that people will be saying the same thing about the Rangers if they lose tonight.

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:34 PM
  #406
tomcatNYR
Rookie User
 
tomcatNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 382
vCash: 500
I didn't notice Vanek had 5 points. Just saw him score those 2 goals. wow.

tomcatNYR is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 03:19 PM
  #407
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,120
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Is Giroux garbage and are the Flyers destined for the basement, HFNYR?
No... But I could see them missing the playoffs.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 05:04 PM
  #408
GarretJoseph
Registered User
 
GarretJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,572
vCash: 500
Just watched the highlights of the Columbus game (they won 3-2 SO)

Arty scored for the Jackets in regulation and in the SO. Dubi had a roughing penalty. Toots had two assists. Vinny Prospal picked up an assist also. Wasn't RJ Umberger on the Rangers at one point? Don't remember if he actually played though.

Time to make the Jackets my west coast team. I still love Dubi.

GarretJoseph is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 05:16 PM
  #409
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
I love Dubi. And Arty.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 05:19 PM
  #410
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Just watched the highlights of the Columbus game (they won 3-2 SO)

Arty scored for the Jackets in regulation and in the SO. Dubi had a roughing penalty. Toots had two assists. Vinny Prospal picked up an assist also. Wasn't RJ Umberger on the Rangers at one point? Don't remember if he actually played though.

Time to make the Jackets my west coast team. I still love Dubi.
Umberger was traded to the Rangers from Vancouver I believe but he refused to sign and signed with the Flyers I believe. Then he was dealt to Columbus.

Six former Rangers on the Blue Jackets.

UAGoalieGuy is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 05:33 PM
  #411
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I love Dubi. And Arty.
Rangers miss Dubi's attitude and voice..... sometimes when the team trades a popular player, they dont only miss him on the ice but the voice in the room as well as the attitude...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 05:40 PM
  #412
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Stempniak makes it 1-0 Flames.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 05:42 PM
  #413
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Stempniak makes it 1-0 Flames.
good player but a little overpaid.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 05:52 PM
  #414
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Rangers miss Dubi's attitude and voice..... sometimes when the team trades a popular player, they dont only miss him on the ice but the voice in the room as well as the attitude...
I said that would happen if we moved him ALL year last year. People have a very short memory on these boards (not just NYR but all of HF). Dubinsky gets called a fringe second liner who should only really be on the third line by most posters here but that's not really the truth of it. Until last year he had improved every year and was on pace to be a 50 point gritty two way player. He's in his prime and he'll bounce back from last season. I LOVED what he brought to this team in intensity and grit. I will miss him no matter what and I would easily take him back on the team on a cheaper contract or if we were to somehow acquire him back from CBJ but they kept some of the salary, since that's now allowed. Not saying I'm upset he was moved for Nash; if he was going to be moved, it should have been for a big upgrade and it was. I just think he will be missed on the ice, on the bench and in the room.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 06:05 PM
  #415
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I said that would happen if we moved him ALL year last year. People have a very short memory on these boards (not just NYR but all of HF). Dubinsky gets called a fringe second liner who should only really be on the third line by most posters here but that's not really the truth of it. Until last year he had improved every year and was on pace to be a 50 point gritty two way player. He's in his prime and he'll bounce back from last season. I LOVED what he brought to this team in intensity and grit. I will miss him no matter what and I would easily take him back on the team on a cheaper contract or if we were to somehow acquire him back from CBJ but they kept some of the salary, since that's now allowed. Not saying I'm upset he was moved for Nash; if he was going to be moved, it should have been for a big upgrade and it was. I just think he will be missed on the ice, on the bench and in the room.
whenever he is an UFA, i wouldnt be shocked if Sather tried to get him back...him and Cally grew up together in the system. im sure Cally can say a thing or two to try to get him back.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 06:14 PM
  #416
16 To Stanley*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I said that would happen if we moved him ALL year last year. People have a very short memory on these boards (not just NYR but all of HF). Dubinsky gets called a fringe second liner who should only really be on the third line by most posters here but that's not really the truth of it. Until last year he had improved every year and was on pace to be a 50 point gritty two way player. He's in his prime and he'll bounce back from last season. I LOVED what he brought to this team in intensity and grit. I will miss him no matter what and I would easily take him back on the team on a cheaper contract or if we were to somehow acquire him back from CBJ but they kept some of the salary, since that's now allowed. Not saying I'm upset he was moved for Nash; if he was going to be moved, it should have been for a big upgrade and it was. I just think he will be missed on the ice, on the bench and in the room.
Long time lurker but i figured if we lose two in a row might be a decent time to be around here with all the pessimists.

While he may be a little missed, this entire Rangers team is filled with character, which i relate to a lot of there success last year. I think people overrated Dubi and obviously will continue to do so if he has a decent year this year. The real loss imo, was Anisimov.

16 To Stanley* is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 09:25 PM
  #417
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Long time lurker but i figured if we lose two in a row might be a decent time to be around here with all the pessimists.

While he may be a little missed, this entire Rangers team is filled with character, which i relate to a lot of there success last year. I think people overrated Dubi and obviously will continue to do so if he has a decent year this year. The real loss imo, was Anisimov.
I posted well before the puck dropped. Not a pessimist and it has nothing to do with dropping these two games. Not at all worried about this team. I just loved Dubi and will miss him.


Last edited by SERE 24: 01-20-2013 at 09:57 PM.
SERE 24 is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 09:41 PM
  #418
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Anyone see that goal by Eberle? Beauty.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 09:41 PM
  #419
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke
 
Barbara Underhill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montana
Country: United States
Posts: 13,120
vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Anyone see that goal by Eberle? Beauty.
Yeah it was. Luongo lol.

Barbara Underhill is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 09:43 PM
  #420
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK
 
GregSirico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,687
vCash: 500
I miss Dubi

GregSirico is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:18 PM
  #421
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,068
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Umberger was traded to the Rangers from Vancouver I believe but he refused to sign and signed with the Flyers I believe. Then he was dealt to Columbus.

Six former Rangers on the Blue Jackets.
Hopefully the Blue Jackets aren't the Kings to our Flyers

Affinity is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:26 PM
  #422
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Hemsky ties the Nucks game 2-2.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:44 PM
  #423
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Shootout in Vancouver.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:51 PM
  #424
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Holy ****, Hemsky with dirty dangles in the SO. My favorite non-former Ranger.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 10:53 PM
  #425
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Hossa and Stalberg scored 50s apart to give the Hawks a goal load over Phoenix. End of the 2nd.

Kershaw is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.