HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avalanche Jersey Pickups

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2013, 11:57 PM
  #276
billybobjoe2112
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 2,212
vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
ccm white and koho red.
What years did they wear the CCM's?

billybobjoe2112 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 04:15 PM
  #277
Avs Hockey Podcast
All Avs All the Time
 
Avs Hockey Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Mile High City
Country: United States
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobjoe1881 View Post
What years did they wear the CCM's?
The Avs wore white CCMs between the 2000-2001 and 2003-2004 seasons.

Avs Hockey Podcast is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 04:21 PM
  #278
Avs Hockey Podcast
All Avs All the Time
 
Avs Hockey Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Mile High City
Country: United States
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
Well, that sucks. But even at 20% off that's still substantially less expensive than the $300 tag IceJerseys is charging for their new Canada Edges. Plus, how long before retail 2.0s are available for the avs? $180 for the 20% off jersey, $75 for the customization is $255 for a game issued w/ Landeskog and I'm still $45 under the blank price for retail. I can live with that. When do they run their sales? I know they have annual/semi annuals, right?
Their annual Holiday sale is your best bet. This season it started on Black Friday and ran through December 19th. Last season's game worns are usually 25% off and anything older is buy one get same price or a cheaper one for free. They also took 50% off preseason used jerseys for this year's sale. That was nice. Had to jump on a few.

Avs Hockey Podcast is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 02:36 PM
  #279
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,423
vCash: 500
Hey guys, can please I get your opinion on this one. I'm trying to educate myself better but im way behind the curve. I'm getting clarification from the seller on "gently used". To me the "c" looks a little to close to the crest and something seems funny with the name. But that could just be the way he has the jersey laid down. And I can't find pictures of the Starter logos on the back/bottom. I don't remember that layout though.

Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Authenti...item19d84ae15c

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 04:40 PM
  #280
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,423
vCash: 500
Well, I received a ton of clarification from the seller and he added a few more pics. I think I'm gonna jump on this.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 05:44 PM
  #281
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,793
vCash: 500
Need a new jersey. Hendricks is getting retired after multiple playoff losses and the double opening night loss. Wolski is a potential buy. Any other ex-Avs on WSH?

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 05:54 PM
  #282
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Well, I received a ton of clarification from the seller and he added a few more pics. I think I'm gonna jump on this.
I wouldn't do it. The jersey itself looks ok to me, but the customization is not good. The name is way off, and looks to be very poorly done. Even if it is the way it was laid out in the Ebay pic, the curve of the name is noticeably off and the letters aren't the right cut/size. The numbers are not Denver Athletic cut, and the C is not placed properly. Compare to my DA done Sakic nameplate and numbers: The layers in the numbers on the listed jersey are too thin, and look closely at the 9 in the number. The lower right of the inner loop of the 9 is different on the DA done jersey. And look at the tips on the upper left of each number. Way more pronounced and larger (due to the wider layers under the black top layer). Not too noticeable until you know what to look for.
Besides, 200 is way too much. You could get a blank for around 100 then DA charges 75 for customization. Even with shipping you'd be about the same price and there would be no question about font, curve, placement, materials, etc. I wouldn't do it.


Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 01-20-2013 at 06:07 PM.
SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 06:14 PM
  #283
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,423
vCash: 500
Thanks. The C placement was my first red flag but then I see some pics where it looks pretty close.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 06:33 PM
  #284
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Thanks. The C placement was my first red flag but then I see some pics where it looks pretty close.
Part of the issue with placement of the letters A and C on retail authentics is the size difference between what will fit an average sized person and the size of a game worn jersey. There's lots more area to place a letter on a game jersey that's a size 56 or 58. Also, I've noticed that the Starter mesh jerseys made in El Salvador have the crest sewn VERY high, leaving even less room between the crest and the piping for letters and patches. So the owner has to pick between a few alternatives. Either sew the letter onto the piping (looks terrible), scoot it over closer to the collar (what they did on the listed jersey), or remove the crest and sew it back on a little lower. The last option is what I'm going to wind up doing with my Forsberg jersey. The crest is really high and it's bothering me more and more as I wear it.

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 06:53 PM
  #285
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,423
vCash: 500
Doesn't scale factor in at all though. I mean, would they use a bit smaller crest/numbers on the smaller jerseys instead of using a universal "one size fits all"

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 07:07 PM
  #286
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Doesn't scale factor in at all though. I mean, would they use a bit smaller crest/numbers on the smaller jerseys instead of using a universal "one size fits all"
They do use a one size for the retail authentics. Starter used a smaller, lower quality crest on their replicas, but it is pretty noticeable the more you look at the jerseys. Wouldn't have ever been an issue if they had just sewn the crest on about an inch lower. El Salvador, right?

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:15 PM
  #287
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Need a new jersey. Hendricks is getting retired after multiple playoff losses and the double opening night loss. Wolski is a potential buy. Any other ex-Avs on WSH?
Ryan Stoa plays for their AHL team Hershey. I suppose if ten or twelve guys were injured all in the same game, Stoa might be on the list of guys that would be considered to be called up. That's all I could find. Why do they need to currently play for the Caps?

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-20-2013, 11:42 PM
  #288
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
Ryan Stoa plays for their AHL team Hershey. I suppose if ten or twelve guys were injured all in the same game, Stoa might be on the list of guys that would be considered to be called up. That's all I could find. Why do they need to currently play for the Caps?
It needs to do double duty for when I go to Caps games at Verizon Center. Thanks!

ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:33 AM
  #289
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
As soon as Duchene or Landy scores, I'm getting my next jersey... Knowing my luck neither will score this year

Rhaego is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:49 AM
  #290
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
It needs to do double duty for when I go to Caps games at Verizon Center. Thanks!
Nice. Too bad the Hendricks seems jinxed. Good player, fun to watch. We're all a little soured by Wolski here. So much potential. Guy was junior player of the week/month all the time when he played for Brampton. Came up with all the hype and pretty much took a dump, except for shootouts. Hope he finds his groove in WA.

Good luck.

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:50 AM
  #291
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
As soon as Duchene or Landy scores, I'm getting my next jersey... Knowing my luck neither will score this year
Landeskog will score. After that.....?????????? No telling.

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:57 AM
  #292
henchman24
#ImagineAvs
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
Nice. Too bad the Hendricks seems jinxed. Good player, fun to watch. We're all a little soured by Wolski here. So much potential. Guy was junior player of the week/month all the time when he played for Brampton. Came up with all the hype and pretty much took a dump, except for shootouts. Hope he finds his groove in WA.

Good luck.
If Wolski ever put his heart into the game he would easily be a PPG player... problem is the guy never looks like he wants to play hockey. I think he will probably play great for this season (35pts or so), parlay that into a good multi year deal (~3.5 a season for 3 years) and crap the bed for the next 3 seasons.

henchman24 is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:42 PM
  #293
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
If Wolski ever put his heart into the game he would easily be a PPG player... problem is the guy never looks like he wants to play hockey. I think he will probably play great for this season (35pts or so), parlay that into a good multi year deal (~3.5 a season for 3 years) and crap the bed for the next 3 seasons.
Sadly, that sounds about right.

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:35 PM
  #294
Avs Hockey Podcast
All Avs All the Time
 
Avs Hockey Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Mile High City
Country: United States
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
Part of the issue with placement of the letters A and C on retail authentics is the size difference between what will fit an average sized person and the size of a game worn jersey. There's lots more area to place a letter on a game jersey that's a size 56 or 58. Also, I've noticed that the Starter mesh jerseys made in El Salvador have the crest sewn VERY high, leaving even less room between the crest and the piping for letters and patches. So the owner has to pick between a few alternatives. Either sew the letter onto the piping (looks terrible), scoot it over closer to the collar (what they did on the listed jersey), or remove the crest and sew it back on a little lower. The last option is what I'm going to wind up doing with my Forsberg jersey. The crest is really high and it's bothering me more and more as I wear it.
Joel...

Here's my Forsberg. I had someone take off the crest and move it down a few inches. Made a big difference and looks much, much better.

Before:


After:


Photo for reference:

Avs Hockey Podcast is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 06:29 AM
  #295
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!
 
Pirate Deadpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 2,241
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Hey guys, can please I get your opinion on this one. I'm trying to educate myself better but im way behind the curve. I'm getting clarification from the seller on "gently used". To me the "c" looks a little to close to the crest and something seems funny with the name. But that could just be the way he has the jersey laid down. And I can't find pictures of the Starter logos on the back/bottom. I don't remember that layout though.

Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Authenti...item19d84ae15c
I agree with superthegreat. The customization is terrible. Just keep looking for a blank or one thats customized by DA. There are some out there from time to time.

Keep searching for ccm 6100 and koho jerseys on ebay. It's better to get it done right the first time. If you get that bad jersey, you'll probably end up looking to buy another one. When I first started buying jerseys, I bought ccm 550 and they aren't bad, but after getting my first 6100 authentic there's no going back.

Pirate Deadpool is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:20 PM
  #296
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor
 
SuperTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs Hockey Podcast View Post
Joel...

Here's my Forsberg. I had someone take off the crest and move it down a few inches. Made a big difference and looks much, much better.
Jay, I actually had seen those before and afters in another thread somewhere, that's what planted the idea to remove and move the crest. But I guess I hadn't put together that your jerseys are much larger than mine, your 60s are HUGE, meaning the space issue must be all due to placement of the crest, & country of origin, not size of the jersey. I've gotten some practice stripping jerseys over the past few months so I'll be tackling the task myself. I'll post pics here when I get it finished. Hope mine turns out as good as yours. Looks great.

SuperTheGreat is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 01:12 AM
  #297
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,495
vCash: 500
God I miss those old jerseys.

Av-merican is online now  
Old
01-23-2013, 08:49 PM
  #298
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
I agree with superthegreat. The customization is terrible. Just keep looking for a blank or one thats customized by DA. There are some out there from time to time.

Keep searching for ccm 6100 and koho jerseys on ebay. It's better to get it done right the first time. If you get that bad jersey, you'll probably end up looking to buy another one. When I first started buying jerseys, I bought ccm 550 and they aren't bad, but after getting my first 6100 authentic there's no going back.
Cool. Thanks!

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:21 PM
  #299
Avs Hockey Podcast
All Avs All the Time
 
Avs Hockey Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Mile High City
Country: United States
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
I agree with superthegreat. The customization is terrible. Just keep looking for a blank or one thats customized by DA. There are some out there from time to time.

Keep searching for ccm 6100 and koho jerseys on ebay. It's better to get it done right the first time. If you get that bad jersey, you'll probably end up looking to buy another one. When I first started buying jerseys, I bought ccm 550 and they aren't bad, but after getting my first 6100 authentic there's no going back.
Couldn't agree more with the customization thing. The waiting is tough, but it's always worth it.

And to add on, once you go to game worn jerseys things get even worse. I'm in trouble.

Avs Hockey Podcast is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 10:33 PM
  #300
Colorado Sports Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denver, Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 5,423
vCash: 500
I've never been into game worn/used stuff unless its gear like a stick or puck. It kinda creeps me out to see people gushing over the game used pants in the team store.

What are your guys feelings on buying stuff that has been worn, ie a blank jersey on eBay that has been worn/washed, etc off and on by the seller. I realize finding a old style jersey in perfect condition NWT is gonna be next to impossible but what should I look for. I don't typically buy anything that isn't new.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.