HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K Subban Thread 4.0 - Still Unsigned Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 07:29 PM
icerocket

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Mantra? You call it a mantra. I call it reality.

Hockey is a team sport. For a team to win, there must be cohesion and unity as a team. If there is not, there is failure.

PK's fiasco is not happening in a vacuum. All of the Habs players are very aware of it. Game 1 was last night and where was PK? Was PK concerned about his teammates? Or was he more concerned about Himself.

The team dynamic with PK involved has been damaged. You can dismiss it all you want but it plays a very large role in how a team performs.

Chemistry, trust, respect. It is an intangible not seen on video game consoles. But it is a very important dynamic for success. PK just shot it to hell last night. Time to move on in a different direction.
Or maybe his teammates agree with his decision to fight for his value in a contract? You know especially since they are coming out of a very bitter lockout with the owners.

But who knows? I don't and you don't either. So take the psychobabble stuff and toss it out because you have NO idea how this impacting team chemistry.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:30 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookeyPlayer View Post
Found this pic....Subban was at the Lakers/Raptors game...lets hope the Montreal media doesnt find out
While the Habs went through a probably grueling and unpleasant practice session, PK is living large.

He needs to grow up and understand what maturity means.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:31 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
While the Habs went through a probably grueling and unpleasant practice session, PK is living large.

Subban will be playing 24 minutes a night within 24 hours of Bergevin showing him respect.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Habnot

Quote:

How's taking care of business a sign of immaturity? Both sides are to blame for letting the situation degenerate as it has. Blaming only Subban is ridiculous.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:35 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Quote:
Damn, PK is looking thick. I wonder how much muscle he added on with a long off-season.

Old
lou4gehrig

Quote:

He's not under contract. So what's he obligated to do? He's not allowed with the team and can't work out at the Bell Centre.

Old
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Or maybe his teammates agree with his decision to fight for his value in a contract? You know especially since they are coming out of a very bitter lockout with the owners.

But who knows? I don't and you don't either. So take the psychobabble stuff and toss it out because you have NO idea how this impacting team chemistry.
You call it psychobabble. I call it reality.

Team sports are called "team" sports for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Subban will be playing 24 minutes a night within 24 hours of Bergevin showing him respect.
Bergevin is being disrespectful to Subban?

Holy ****, that is funnier than your tanking thread that really wasnt about tanking.

Respect is earned, not given.

Last edited by One Man Rock Band: 01-20-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old
01-20-2013, 07:38 PM
icerocket

Quote:

First, why do you put all the blame on Subban for his contract situation?

Second, prove to me that Subban is having such a negative impact on the team.

Or will you just keep repeating your mantra of : "This is reality"?

Old
01-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

OH MY GOD! Subban is actually allowed to go out? What a pathetic person. Stay home PK and go cry in your bathroom all day long.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:40 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
He's not under contract. So what's he obligated to do? He's not allowed with the team and can't work out at the Bell Centre.
He is not obligated to do anything.

He can do whatever he wants to do from yukking it up at NBA games all the way to getting as many strippers to come over to his hotel room to party the night away.

But for me to explain the concept of maturity and appearances to you is pointless if you do not understand it.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:41 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
He is showing him the same respect Price was shown who was a top 5 pick and cornerstone of this franchise. If Subban craves more it is out of shear egotism and he will learn the hard way that no single player is bigger than this team.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:42 PM
icerocket

People here actually think it is wrong for Subban to ask for what he and his agent think he is worth lol

Old
01-20-2013, 07:42 PM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
OH MY GOD! Subban is actually allowed to go out? What a pathetic person. Stay home PK and go cry in your bathroom all day long.
I don't think anyone said that...

I think people are just more upset at the situation more than anything else. It sucks to see him at a basketball game instead of with the team.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:43 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:

He can do whatever he wants to do from yukking it up at NBA games all the way to getting as many strippers to come over to his hotel room to party the night away.

But for me to explain the concept of maturity and appearances to you is pointless if you do not understand it.
this is whats wrong with habs fans and why we get a bad rap...

getting mad because a player went out to an NBA game and took a picture with somebody

maturity has nothing to do with anything, lighten up a bit seriously

Old
01-20-2013, 07:44 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
People here actually think it is wrong for Subban to ask for what he and his agent think he is worth lol
And people here actually think it's wrong for the Habs to not agree with PK's demands...

Old
01-20-2013, 07:44 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
First, why do you put all the blame on Subban for his contract situation?

Second, prove to me that Subban is having such a negative impact on the team.

Or will you just keep repeating your mantra of : "This is reality"?

Good one. You threw the "prove" card at me. Most excellent.

Chemistry on a team obviously is a concept lost on you. Sitting out for a contract dispute pissing off teammates is a concept lost on you. Selfish behavior having negative impacts on a team is a concept lost on you.

But you got me with the "prove". Congrats.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I don't think anyone said that...
What is that?

Quote:

And why the initial poster with the "I hope the Montreal media don't find out"? My message was also directed towards them if they make a big case out of it.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:46 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

Crazy people have their own realities as well.

Actual FACT (something very important when establishing Reality): You have NO idea what either side have offered. NONE.
Do I need to repeat this for you?

Yet, there you go going on a rant about how we should trade our best young player because he's acting as if he's ahead of the team.

Not only are you being super emotional and it's pretty pathetic, but you're also making tons of assumptions. Like one where the players that have just fought for their rights to earn their cash will not understand why one of their teammates is now fighting so he can earn his cash. Ya, that makes sense..

Seriously, give it a rest. It is psychobabble. Not reality.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:47 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
It certainly is not wrong for him to ask such things. What is wrong is to demand special treatment and to be held to higher level than other highly talented players. He is also holding the team over a barrel because it is in dire need of his help, this is perfectly acceptable if you don't give two ***** about your team and how they do. PK is demanding Bergevin jeopardize the future of the team by committing to a large contract before he is sure of what PK's talent is.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:48 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

Your second paragraph speaks volumes about your own level of maturity, to the point of revealing yourself wholly unqualified to attempt to explain the concept to anyone else.

Old
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What is that?

And why the initial poster with the "I hope the Montreal media don't find out"? My message was also directed towards them if they make a big case out of it.
Ok, fair enough. I thought you were just mocking people in this thread.

Old
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Found this pic....Subban was at the Lakers/Raptors game...lets hope the Montreal media doesnt find out
That's Robert Herjavec, Subban on the Dragon's Den soon.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:51 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
It certainly is not wrong for him to ask such things. What is wrong is to demand special treatment and to be held to higher level than other highly talented players. He is also holding the team over a barrel because it is in dire need of his help, this is perfectly acceptable if you don't give two ***** about your team and how they do. PK is demanding Bergevin jeopardize the future of the team by committing to a large contract before he is sure of what PK's talent is.
Jeopardize the future.... Can we stop with the hyperbole?

You guys don't understand that this is negotiating. Two parties trying to get the best deal.

And you said it yourself that the team needs him so he is using that as leverage. Maybe you are underestimating his worth? Clearly if he is this important to the Habs then he deserves a contract that reflects that.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:51 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
If Bergevin isn't sure about what the talent of PK is, he should GTFO of the Head office.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:52 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
this is whats wrong with habs fans and why we get a bad rap...

getting mad because a player went out to an NBA game and took a picture with somebody

maturity has nothing to do with anything, lighten up a bit seriously

I am not mad at Subban for doing what PK thinks is the right thing for him to do. He is a grown man and is free to do as he chooses.

And it does not matter what I think about PK.

That picture, however, is not going to sit well with his teammates who played last night and practiced their ***** off today. And I can guarantee you that every Canadiens player thinks that they are worth more than what they are being paid. The difference is that they signed a contract and did not become a holdout.

To your first point, Habs fans get a bad rap for extreme homerism for certain players.

Closed Thread