HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I | "Ascension" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 1.20.13 | 7:00PM | Sportsnet

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 06:50 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
Yeah I had to turn it off, was about to fall asleep.
Sharks have woken up here.

Calgary looks eerily similar to the 09/10 Oilers. Collapses as the game goes on. It puts a smile on my face, but I won't be smiling so much when they're drafting Mackinnon

Last edited by JSC: 01-20-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old
01-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMedicine View Post
The 2nd line needs MPS instead of Hemsky,but that aside ,Gagner and Yakupov are going to light the Canucks up,Hemmer wont see much of the puck like most think he will.The Oilers are going to try to use Yakupovs onetimer being fed crossice from Hemsky but it wont work because Hemmer will retain possesion for to long and force Yakupov to collapse to the net and get battered around as he tries to gain position.Even using the shot from the faceoff circle low far post to produce a sympathetic rebound wont work because hemmer will not make the o-zone entry in a shooting lane ,there will be no timing.Gagner will take control and start useing the give and go with Yakupov to penetrate the o-zone and we will see some highlight reel goals --I say Gagner scores the 1st of the year and two tonight and yakupov also nets two one on the PP.Hemsky will finish the night with 4pts because he will be forced to pass a lot more if Sam and Yakupov focus on the give and gos with him.

My biggest question mark this year is how the top line will perform together after playing so many games already,If they can manage to score early and get in a groove then I will relax,I am concerned that their timing will still be based on an AHL timezone and that there will be an adjustment period that could feature some big blunders early on.We should see an immediate impact by our 3rd line,they are fresh and have an energy type player with a simple game to utilise,they will likely score at least one goal tonight.

Four goals from the 2nd line a PP onetimer from Yak and a perfect give and go from Gagner,two intight redirections from Gagner 5on5,one from netfront chip-in from Hartikainen one PP wrister from the blueline from Schultz and one scramble in the slot snapshot from Nuge is my call.

Stellar play by Dubby.

Note of the Game--do not retaliate to being baited,keep your feet moving and your momentum in the right direction,no retaliation penaltys,we need to earn through hard work a clear PP advantage and we get those by skating hard and fast for 60 mins,not from chippy reactive play.We want a pro-active offensive start to the game,to score early and often in each of the three periods.

7-2 Oilers...
I've never seen a score prediction this long...

Old
01-20-2013, 06:52 PM
JaredCowenFan
PS4: SenzFan2

I think we have the edge. We had our top 6 and our Goaltender and Best Defenceman playing all year and the 'Nucks have alot of drama going on with the Luu Schneid controversy.

So pumped!! Oilers Hockey is back everyon!!!! WOOOOO!!!

Missed this:

http://player.630ched.com/

<3

Old
01-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Happy Hallidays
We are the 18%

Quote:
The 2nd line needs MPS instead of Hemsky,but that aside ,Gagner and Yakupov are going to light the Canucks up,Hemmer wont see much of the puck like most think he will.The Oilers are going to try to use Yakupovs onetimer being fed crossice from Hemsky but it wont work because Hemmer will retain possesion for to long and force Yakupov to collapse to the net and get battered around as he tries to gain position.Even using the shot from the faceoff circle low far post to produce a sympathetic rebound wont work because hemmer will not make the o-zone entry in a shooting lane ,there will be no timing.Gagner will take control and start useing the give and go with Yakupov to penetrate the o-zone and we will see some highlight reel goals --I say Gagner scores the 1st of the year and two tonight and yakupov also nets two one on the PP.Hemsky will finish the night with 4pts because he will be forced to pass a lot more if Sam and Yakupov focus on the give and gos with him.

My biggest question mark this year is how the top line will perform together after playing so many games already,If they can manage to score early and get in a groove then I will relax,I am concerned that their timing will still be based on an AHL timezone and that there will be an adjustment period that could feature some big blunders early on.We should see an immediate impact by our 3rd line,they are fresh and have an energy type player with a simple game to utilise,they will likely score at least one goal tonight.

Four goals from the 2nd line a PP onetimer from Yak and a perfect give and go from Gagner,two intight redirections from Gagner 5on5,one from netfront chip-in from Hartikainen one PP wrister from the blueline from Schultz and one scramble in the slot snapshot from Nuge is my call.

Stellar play by Dubby.

Note of the Game--do not retaliate to being baited,keep your feet moving and your momentum in the right direction,no retaliation penaltys,we need to earn through hard work a clear PP advantage and we get those by skating hard and fast for 60 mins,not from chippy reactive play.We want a pro-active offensive start to the game,to score early and often in each of the three periods.

7-2 Oilers...
I like this.

Please this.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:54 PM
HallOfGreatness4

The most exciting group of Oilers in a long time.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:58 PM
alphahelix

I really hope the Flames don't crash and burn this season... just limp along as usual... because this is truly a draft to be jealous of. If we do well, I certainly hope we wind up winning the draft lottery. Getting top players every year is kind of addictive... and there are some fantastic ones this year through the top 10.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:00 PM
Jamin

Anyone having pvr issue. With shaw and sportsnet has ufc after the calgary game not hockey. I set it to record anyways figuring sportsnet is useless and always screws up. Is it on sportsnet one or something and not the regular channel?

Old
01-20-2013, 07:03 PM
40oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
I really hope the Flames don't crash and burn this season... just limp along as usual... because this is truly a draft to be jealous of. If we do well, I certainly hope we wind up winning the draft lottery. Getting top players every year is kind of addictive... and there are some fantastic ones this year through the top 10.
I'm not too worried about that, they have a veteran team and decent depth with their additions from this summer.

Old
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
got bored so i am listening to the vancouver pregame

Old
Joey Moss

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdge View Post
Centre Ice is free so if you have access to that you won't need a stream.
This is probably a dumb question but you have to have a center ice account to watch don't you? I don't have an account set up and with the NHL app on Xbox now it's telling me it's unavailable.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:07 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Starting to break. Damn, this is exciting. Let's hope we actually come to play tonight...

EDIT: Also, heard a rumour the game is being blacked out... here... in Edmonton... Putrid Urban Myth, yes?

Old
01-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Southern Oil

I thought Game Center was free for the month of Jan - but I guess it is only Center Ice. Is that correct?

Don't have cable here so if anyone has a stream I would appreciate them posting it. If I don't get to watch the game and have to listen on the radio, I will lose it - especially after listening to the Falcons game earlier. I need something to pick up my spirits.

Go Oilers!

Old
01-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Niet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Starting to break. Damn, this is exciting. Let's hope we actually come to play tonight...

EDIT: Also, heard a rumour the game is being blacked out... here... in Edmonton... Putrid Urban Myth, yes?
Wouldn't make sense to blackout the game in Edmonton while it's played in Vancouver

Old
01-20-2013, 07:13 PM
ExJbeck

vCash: 50
Blues fan here, looking forward to seeing your team play tonight. Oils win 5-4

Old
01-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
I'm so unbelievably excited. I missed Oilers hockey so much.

Hopefully we see a system that brings out the best in our guys and we pressure this team. Hoping for lots of goal from us.

4-2 Oilers

Whitney
Yakupov
Hall
Smyth

01-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Oil View Post
I thought Game Center was free for the month of Jan - but I guess it is only Center Ice. Is that correct?

Don't have cable here so if anyone has a stream I would appreciate them posting it. If I don't get to watch the game and have to listen on the radio, I will lose it - especially after listening to the Falcons game earlier. I need something to pick up my spirits.

Go Oilers!
http://atdhe.so/watch.php?id=569955

basketball right now though

Old
01-20-2013, 07:16 PM
oilers4cup
No More Koolade

Sportsnet is messed up better get it fixed

Old
01-20-2013, 07:17 PM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4cup View Post
Sportsnet is messed up better get it fixed
Apparently it's a problem with Shaw not Sportsnet. The feed is fine on Telus.

This had better be fixed by 7...

Old
01-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Ogurek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Oil View Post
The game should be streamed here... http://atdhenet.tv/59293/watch-edmon...couver-canucks

OR here... http://coolsport.tv/stream16.html

Old
01-20-2013, 07:19 PM
Southern Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
http://atdhe.so/watch.php?id=569955

basketball right now though
Cheers!

Old
01-20-2013, 07:23 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
Apparently it's a problem with Shaw not Sportsnet. The feed is fine on Telus.

This had better be fixed by 7...
Oh no i'm with shaw and its not working
Come on shaw don't joke around this could ruin my day

Old
01-20-2013, 07:24 PM
macco

im gonna rage if shaw doesnt get this fixed

Old
01-20-2013, 07:24 PM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
Oh no i'm with shaw and its not working
Come on shaw don't joke around this could ruin my day
You and me both...

Old
01-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Jeff Lebowski

Quote:

Stellar play by Dubby.

7-2 Oilers...
I stopped reading right there. MPS is not even in the same stratosphere as Hemsky.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:33 PM
dnicks17

If Shaw ****s this up...

Closed Thread