HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Murray for Tarasenko=

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 07:29 PM
TSA0402

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
St. Louis isn't the team adding.
****** that then. Maybe St. Louis should trade Tarasenko and Steen because Huberdeau is on pace for 200 points.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:37 PM
sh724

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
****** that then. Maybe St. Louis should trade Tarasenko and Steen because Huberdeau is on pace for 200 points.
Blues do not need offense they are on pace to give up 0 goals this year!

Old
01-20-2013, 07:40 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorton724 View Post
Blues do not need offense they are on pace to give up 0 goals this year!
Thats great. If you think Tarasenko is at the prospect level of Murray you have truly lost your mind.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:43 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
Datsyuk example is just silly. I won't explain why. Earlier I brought examples and stats that Tarasenko was inconsistent for his KHL teams and consistently bad for the national team over the last 2 years.
And the heart argument is not truth. Zherdev got a lot of heart. He cares and worries about his team, but he just depends on his inspiration too much. Same goes to Tarasenko.
BTW I didnt know that Buffalo is in Canada
Every player goes through stretches where they don't score for a few games. I'm sure Tarasenko will be no different. That doesn't change the fact he's still an incredible player and if last night is any indication, he will be an incredible NHL player.

Buffalo may be physically located in USA, but during that tournament it was a Canadian city.(In all honesty, I just assumed it was in Canada because it was such a pro Canada crowd and Canada has hosted so many in the recent years. My point still stands though, he was in an unknown territory with the crowd completely against him.)

Old
01-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
You make it sound like Blues fans are saying he is a consistent NHL scorer because of last night. We are not claiming that and last night has nothing to do with our view of him.
Actually what I was saying is that he hasn't proved ****, let him prove to us over three years. Really not sure how you came to your conclusion.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:47 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
Every player goes through stretches where they don't score for a few games. I'm sure Tarasenko will be no different. That doesn't change the fact he's still an incredible player and if last night is any indication, he will be an incredible NHL player.

Buffalo may be physically located in USA, but during that tournament it was a Canadian city.(In all honesty, I just assumed it was in Canada because it was such a pro Canada crowd and Canada has hosted so many in the recent years. My point still stands though, he was in an unknown territory with the crowd completely against him.)
No way man every Richard Trophy winner scores 50+ for the rest of their career because they did it once.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:47 PM
sh724

Quote:
Thats great. If you think Tarasenko is at the prospect level of Murray you have truly lost your mind.
So a kid that was rated top 5 in one of the deepest drafts and that pretty much every one says is the best prospect not in the NHL (not true anymore bc he is in the NHL) has less value than a guy who if he was with the Blues would not see the NHL for several years?

The "#1 online prospect resource" has tarasenko 10 spots higher than Murray

Old
01-20-2013, 07:49 PM
Bob Sacamanu

Quote:
Every scouting list I've seen has Tarasenko above Murray.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Falco Lombardi
LET'S GO BLUES

Quote:
Quite a few people seem to be crazy around here then.

One guy just had an incredibly successful debut, the other won't play this year.

If you really think the Blues, the team that gave under 2 GAA a year ago, are going to trade Tarasenko for an injured defenseman, you're crazy.

Old
01-20-2013, 07:51 PM
stlblues9

Quote:
So a kid that was rated top 5 in one of the deepest drafts and that pretty much every one says is the best prospect not in the NHL (not true anymore bc he is in the NHL) has less value than a guy who if he was with the Blues would not see the NHL for several years?
No, it's because Murray was drafted 2nd and Tarasenko was drafted 16th. Forget what they were rated, it's where they were actually drafted. Or something like that..

Old
01-20-2013, 08:43 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
It was pretty much excepted Tarasenko was one of the top prospects in the game. So what would that make Murray a surefire Hall of Famer? I am pretty sure most CBJ fans will agree they are comparable prospects in potential NHL impact at their respective positions.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:19 PM
TSA0402

Quote:

The "#1 online prospect resource" has tarasenko 10 spots higher than Murray
Tarasenko was top five? Were you in hibernation for the 2010 draft? Seriously... he was like the Filip Forsberg of last draft, only tons worse. Nobody wanted him, not even Ottawa who needed forwards.

I'm glad you found a *cough* reliable source that you are willing to follow, don't expect the rest of us to listen. If I quoted Eklund would I get a gold star?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sacamanu View Post
Every scouting list I've seen has Tarasenko above Murray.
And was David Rundblad ahead of Tarasenko or even close for most of this? I can't stress enough the fact of HIGH RISK player. Not to mention winger vs two way d-man. Murray has alot of intangibles that absolutely kill Tarasenko. He is also alot younger. Nobody gave two craps about Tarasenko at 19, he was an expected bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
It was pretty much excepted Tarasenko was one of the top prospects in the game. So what would that make Murray a surefire Hall of Famer? I am pretty sure most CBJ fans will agree they are comparable prospects in potential NHL impact at their respective positions.
I'll agree that Tarasenko is a great prospect. Nobody said Ryan Murray is Chris Pronger, but I'm getting a bit tired of Tarasenko getting overrated over one damn game. It was the Wings, without Lidstrom(shudders at the thought).

Old
01-20-2013, 09:23 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2370
Bust at 19? No. Captain of Team Russia. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:25 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Tarasenko was top five? Were you in hibernation for the 2010 draft? Seriously... he was like the Filip Forsberg of last draft, only tons worse. Nobody wanted him, not even Ottawa who needed forwards.

I'm glad you found a *cough* reliable source that you are willing to follow, don't expect the rest of us to listen. If I quoted Eklund would I get a gold star?

And was David Rundblad ahead of Tarasenko or even close for most of this? I can't stress enough the fact of HIGH RISK player. Not to mention winger vs two way d-man. Murray has alot of intangibles that absolutely kill Tarasenko. He is also alot younger. Nobody gave two craps about Tarasenko at 19, he was an expected bust.

I'll agree that Tarasenko is a great prospect. Nobody said Ryan Murray is Chris Pronger, but I'm getting a bit tired of Tarasenko getting overrated over one damn game. It was the Wings, without Lidstrom(shudders at the thought).

You don't seem to realize Blues fans and some of the other fans have been following Tarasenko for more then one game. Last night's game is not the reason the Blues fans and other fans are so high on Tarasenko. Most Blues fans at least have been paying attention to highlights and watching Tarasenko play when given the chance. If you go to the Blues board we filled up threads with updates on Tarasenko over the last couple years. He was probably the most discussed Blues player ever on the Blues section. We've been anticipating him coming to the NHL for over 2 years now following him closely in those 2 years.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:01 PM
Falco Lombardi
LET'S GO BLUES

Quote:

The reason he fell was because he's Russian. The only risk was whether or not he would come over.

If you think people only heard of Vladimir Tarasenko because of last night's game against the Red Wings, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:29 PM
KapG

Thanks for the laughs TSA

Old
01-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Wiems35

Quote:
So, you're saying you're the last sane person left on Earth?

Old
01-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Oshie97

I don't understand fans that base value off of where players were drafted, especially in different drafts. No where have I seen any Blues fan saying he's the next Malkin but we have been watching him overseas for yrs and now that he's over and looking good, you bet we're excited and rightfully so.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:44 PM
stlblues9

Quote:

I'm willing to bet you've never watched Tarasenko play besides maybe a few games a few years ago at the World Juniors.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:44 PM
gobluesgo

Quote:
Everyone, I'm 95% sure this guy is just trolling all of us. Tarasenko a bust at 19??? Smoking the good stuff I see.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Bluesnatic27

Quote:

I honestly can say that this is the only post that has left me speechless. This is by far the most drug induced rant I have ever seen on this particular forum site. I think you deserve a medal at your shear lack of knowledge.

Just google search "top 50 NHL prospects" and see just how many people have Tarasenko over Murray. The ISS had Tarasenko as the top European skater of the 2010 draft and had him ranked 4th overall and the 3rd best forward in the 2010 draft (which was, by the way, a much deeper draft year than 2012). Heck, here's a URL, just for you.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...rospects_june/

The only thing that kept Tarasenko from going higher in his draft year was because he's Russian and there was a signability issue with him. You can believe whatever you wish, but just know that you're in a pretty small minority of people who thinks that Tarasenko is worse than Murray. I don't even think Bob McKenzie would stand with you on this.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:47 PM
sh724

Quote:

No I was not hibernating I watched the entire draft but I am guessing you were sleeping or you were not following hockey at the time. Both NHL CSS and ISS had him ranked 4th.

My source is the website you are currently on....this is what they said about tarasenko

Quote:
Considered the top Russian-born talent in the 2010 draft, Tarasenko slipped into the mid-first round due to concerns about his contract status in the KHL with Sibir Novosibirsk, the team coached by his father. Tarasenko has frequently expressed his wish to play in the NHL and the Blues are confident they added a future first line winger to their organization. Tarasenko's strongest asset is his goal scoring ability with his quick hands and sudden release. His explosive acceleration allows him to create space, where he can score or use his strong playmaking ability. A fiery competitor, he plays with grit and tenacity. He is solidly built at 5'11 202 pounds, and has been playing against men in the KHL since the age of 16, making him one of the more pro ready prospects of the 2010 class.
Go look at the prospect ratings on HF tank is 2nd Murray is 12th. Even Schwartz is rated higher than Murray. If you do not trust HF at all perhaps you should find some where else to post.

The only risk with tarasenko was that he is Russian and now that he is signed and in the NHL that risk is gone so there is no risk with him at all. Rundblad was never close to tarasenko that is why the Blues got rid of him and he has already been traded twice and is a healthy scratch tonight against Chicago. While tarasenko will be playing every game this season unless he gets injured. If Rundblad was still with the Blues he would be in the AHL. Also Rundblad is a year older and was drafted 17th overall the year before tarasenko was drafted. At 19 Tarasenko was captain of team Russia and led them to a gold medal against Canada. If he was a bust he would not have been on the team and especially not captain of it. Go to the forum archives and read what people were saying about tank during that tournament and you will quickly realize you are incorrect. At the end of 2011 hockeys future has Rundblad ranked 15th tank was 3rd

He is not getting overrated the vast majority of analyst have been saying he was the greatest prospect not in the NHL that is not basing him off of one game that is basic it off of him playing professional hockey since he was 16 years old. While people in the US were learning how to drive a car he was in the KHL working his butt of so he can one day come to the US and try to win the Stanley Cup.

Last edited by sh724: 01-21-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old
01-20-2013, 11:48 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
I don't think he is either. I think he is a notch above.... likely more. That was true also before Murray's injury which makes him a questionmark.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:59 PM
ponder

Murray is obviously a very good prospect, but I think Tarasenko is an even better one. I'd rank Tarasenko ahead of every 2012 prospect except maybe Yakupov, I think he's going to be a stud. I'm sure some 2012 prospects (maybe even Murray) could end up being better, but Tarasenko's upside seems pretty damn high, AND he's already been developing very well, I don't think there's much risk at all of him busting.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:46 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
I don't understand fans that base value off of where players were drafted, especially in different drafts. No where have I seen any Blues fan saying he's the next Malkin but we have been watching him overseas for yrs and now that he's over and looking good, you bet we're excited and rightfully so.
The Malkin comparison is obviously hyperbole. I was more referencing people who are claiming he WILL be a stud in the NHL as if they have been to the future and know it to be a fact.

How a player plays in the KHL has absolutely no bearing on how he will play in the NHL. Anisimov did very well in the KHL during the lockout but nobody is expecting him to tear up the NHL (at least not sarcastically). You never know how a prospect will play when he comes over. Looks good for Tarasenko but it's only been 1 game so we'll see.

Quote:
He is not getting overrated the vast majority of analyst have been saying he was the greatest prospect not in the NHL that is not basing him off of one game that is basic it off of him playing professional hockey since he was 16 years old. While people in the US were learning how to drive a car he was in the KHL working his butt of so he can one day come to the US and try to win the Stanley Cup.
That is verbatim the resume of Filatov a well.

Learned English so he could "fulfill his dream of playing in the NHL?" Check.
Was able to excel in the KHL? Check.
Was a captain for the Russian Juniors? Check.
Was the top ISS and CSS European skater in 2008? Check.
Got a hat-trick when he first played for the Jackets? Check.
Played under Hitchcock? Check.

Where is he now?

The point isn't that Filatov = Tarasenko, but more so that you can never predict how things will go with a prospect like him. I don't want to be Debbie Downer but to claim that he's obviously better than Ryan Murray is the extent of hubris. We don't even know how good either of them are!

Last edited by Crede777: 01-21-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Closed Thread