HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K Subban Thread 4.0 - Still Unsigned Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 08:53 PM
PyrettaBlaze

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
That's Robert Herjavec, Subban on the Dragon's Den soon.
Robert isn't on Dragon's Den anymore, he's just doing Shark Tank now. PK on Shark Tank soon?

01-20-2013, 08:53 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
It certainly is not wrong for him to ask such things. What is wrong is to demand special treatment and to be held to higher level than other highly talented players. He is also holding the team over a barrel because it is in dire need of his help, this is perfectly acceptable if you don't give two ***** about your team and how they do. PK is demanding Bergevin jeopardize the future of the team by committing to a large contract before he is sure of what PK's talent is.
How has he demanded spacial treatment or asked to be held above other? By negotiating a contract which is well within his rights?

What if the Habs are low balling him? He should still sign for the sake of the team? This makes no sense.

The truth is that no one know the offers from either side. I have no idea how you can reach such assumptions.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:54 PM
NYjetsTOleafs
I'm Your Pushaaaa

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else heard of Detroit speaking with Subban's agent on a possible 6 year deal and what you guys think?

Old
01-20-2013, 08:55 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Your second paragraph speaks volumes about your own level of maturity, to the point of revealing yourself wholly unqualified to attempt to explain the concept to anyone else.

Did the strippers part offend you? I would apologize but you are simply offering YOUR opinion which is no better than MY opinion.

But thanks for changing the subject and trying to personalize it.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:56 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I am not mad at Subban for doing what PK thinks is the right thing for him to do. He is a grown man and is free to do as he chooses.

And it does not matter what I think about PK.

That picture, however, is not going to sit well with his teammates who played last night and practiced their ***** off today. And I can guarantee you that every Canadiens player thinks that they are worth more than what they are being paid. The difference is that they signed a contract and did not become a holdout.

To your first point, Habs fans get a bad rap for extreme homerism for certain players.
Can you asnwer these questions please:

First, why do you put all the blame on Subban for his contract situation?

Second, prove to me that Subban is having such a negative impact on the team.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post

I would also add that he tells us exactly what MB has offered given that Subban's demands are outrageous.

Old
01-20-2013, 08:58 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
How has he demanded spacial treatment or asked to be held above other? By negotiating a contract which is well within his rights?

What if the Habs are low balling him? He should still sign for the sake of the team? This makes no sense.

The truth is that no one know the offers from either side. I have no idea how you can reach such assumptions.
I believe it came out earlier that they had settled on price and term was the problem. A 2 year deal is what he should take, it is what all of our young players take and it helps the team.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:00 PM
icerocket

Quote:
I believe it came out earlier that they had settled on price and term was the problem. A 2 year deal is what he should take, it is what all of our young players take and it helps the team.
Ya the team has been so great because of those two year deals.

What position did the Habs finish in last season again?

Old
01-20-2013, 09:00 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Crazy people have their own realities as well.

Actual FACT (something very important when establishing Reality): You have NO idea what either side have offered. NONE.
Do I need to repeat this for you?

Yet, there you go going on a rant about how we should trade our best young player because he's acting as if he's ahead of the team.

Not only are you being super emotional and it's pretty pathetic, but you're also making tons of assumptions. Like one where the players that have just fought for their rights to earn their cash will not understand why one of their teammates is now fighting so he can earn his cash. Ya, that makes sense..

Seriously, give it a rest. It is psychobabble. Not reality.
You deny the importance of team chemistry?

Can you "prove" that everyone on the Habs team is happy that PK sat out last night?

I can play that game as well.

However, if you have ever played a team sport, you should understand the simple concept of "team".

A team that plays as a group of individuals will always lose. Always. Regardless of the talent level.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:01 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:

Sure, as long as you can prove that Subban holding out is having a positive impact on the team.

You ready?

Edit. I already answered your first question. The Canadiens were hamstrung by ridiculous contracts that had little or no return on investment. Gomez being the most blatant.

We now have new leadership from the top down. Why would Bergevin come in as the new GM tasked to turning this franchise around and hand out an over-priced contract to a good DMan who has really not proven anything yet?

Sorry, but PK is not a superstar. And his on ice antics last season combined with his contract holdout is not endearing in the least bit to Bergevin.

There are other good DMen in the NHL who can replace Subban.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:02 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
I am not mad at Subban for doing what PK thinks is the right thing for him to do. He is a grown man and is free to do as he chooses.

And it does not matter what I think about PK.

That picture, however, is not going to sit well with his teammates who played last night and practiced their ***** off today. And I can guarantee you that every Canadiens player thinks that they are worth more than what they are being paid. The difference is that they signed a contract and did not become a holdout.

To your first point, Habs fans get a bad rap for extreme homerism for certain players.
no habs fans get a bad rap because people like you create and invent things out of nothing against our players.You have no idea how the players feel about pk being out at a raptors' game so stop saying what you assume is a fact.

lastly, why would the players care what pk does on sunday afternoon? it is also the players day off and are free to do what they want...

complete nonsense

Old
01-20-2013, 09:03 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Sure, as long as you can prove that Subban holding out is having a positive impact on the team.

You ready?
Actually my initial point was that we have no idea what the impact is.

But i am still waiting for your proof since you are so convinced.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:04 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Still not signed? Fly him in and meet him face to face you idiots.

Bergevin is quickly losing points in my book.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
It helps the team so they can go overpay for aging veterans on the open market??
Ya, I rather give the cash to our better young players, that will assure they'll stay here longer.

But, I'm not going to hold it against them, if Habs want to offer him a 2year deal only and make it a philosophy, fine. I don't agree with it because what if a guy like Crosby comes around, you gonna make him go through a bridge contract too? Kinda stupid. Should be a case by case, but wtv.
However, if what was said by Elliot Friedman is true, then the 2y deal comes with just under 3M of cash. You actually think PK should take this??

Old
01-20-2013, 09:06 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Ya the team has been so great because of those two year deals.

What position did the Habs finish in last season again?
Oh god what an asinine comment.

How many overpaid players do we have locked up to long term deals that we drafted? Pacioretty just scored 30 goals last year for the price of 1.625 million, tell me again how awful these 2 year deals are.

This is how teams survive and build towards a cup, you need youngsters taking lower pay while they develop. I guess you wished we gave Komisareck a nice long 8 year deal right?

Old
01-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Completely false -there has been no claims as to Subbans demands or Habs offer.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:08 PM
icerocket

Quote:
Oh god what an asinine comment.

How many overpaid players do we have locked up to long term deals that we drafted? Pacioretty just scored 30 goals last year for the price of 1.625 million, tell me again how awful these 2 year deals are.

This is how teams survive and build towards a cup, you need youngsters taking lower pay while they develop. I guess you wished we gave Komisareck a nice long 8 year deal right?
Are you comparing Komisarek to Subban? Do you watch hockey?

Old
01-20-2013, 09:09 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
no habs fans get a bad rap because people like you create and invent things out of nothing against our players.You have no idea how the players feel about pk being out at a raptors' game so stop saying what you assume is a fact.

lastly, why would the players care what pk does on sunday afternoon? it is also the players day off and are free to do what they want...

complete nonsense
Why are you flaming?

I am not posting about you. I am posting about PK Subban and his total disrespect to his teammates regarding last night.

And what do you mean by "people like you"? Is it having the nerve to disagree with you?

Old
01-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYjetsTOleafs View Post
Hello, I was wondering if anyone else heard of Detroit speaking with Subban's agent on a possible 6 year deal and what you guys think?
I never heard of it, but Detroit is a faded team. The Habs' problem with such a trade is that Detroit doesn't have much talent to offer that isn't old and their 2013 draft picks would be only middling. Therefore, if Detroit extends an offer sheet Bergevin would be compelled to match it. As for the Oilers, ceding them Subban would make them too powerful for years to come. They already have Yakupov, Nugent-Hopkins, Hall, and Eberle. I would much prefer dealing with Columbus--for their first round draft pick in 2013.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:13 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
It helps the team so they can go overpay for aging veterans on the open market??
Ya, I rather give the cash to our better young players, that will assure they'll stay here longer.

But, I'm not going to hold it against them, if Habs want to offer him a 2year deal only and make it a philosophy, fine. I don't agree with it because what if a guy like Crosby comes around, you gonna make him go through a bridge contract too? Kinda stupid. Should be a case by case, but wtv.
However, if what was said by Elliot Friedman is true, then the 2y deal comes with just under 3M of cash. You actually think PK should take this??
What if a guy like Wickenheiser comes around? Or maybe Daigle or Komisareck or Dipietro or any number of hyped up players who looked good and then turned into disasters. I don't think 3 million is enough personally but I believe Bergevin would give on the price more than the term.

You guys who are arguing AGAINST responsible ownership are really amazing.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:14 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
You deny the importance of team chemistry?

Can you "prove" that everyone on the Habs team is happy that PK sat out last night?

I can play that game as well.

However, if you have ever played a team sport, you should understand the simple concept of "team".

A team that plays as a group of individuals will always lose. Always. Regardless of the talent level.
No, I'm not denying the importance of team chemistry. Team chemistry happens on the ice. There's a business side to hockey, you don't seem capable of understanding this.
He's not being selfish and refusing to honor his contract like Radulov or Yashin, in that case you might have had a point. But in this situation, it's a simple contract negotiations. Don't take my word for it though, take Gionta's. He said you shouldn't be in the NHL if you can't differentiate the business side of hockey with the game, and that nobody's gonna be pissed at PK. But what does he know I guess..

Are the players pissed? I'm sure they are. Why wouldn't they be? Their best Dman is sitting at home healthy. But they understand the business side of it, so they won't hold it against them. Why would they? They just went through a lockout so they can retain their fair value.

You really don't make any sense buddy.

Last edited by Kriss E: 01-20-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Are you comparing Komisarek to Subban? Do you watch hockey?
Reading comprehension, don't waste my time.

Old
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:

This is how teams survive and build towards a cup, you need youngsters taking lower pay while they develop.
Great post!! Spot on.

Those contracts killed this team and are still killing this team.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
What if a guy like Wickenheiser comes around? Or maybe Daigle or Komisareck or Dipietro or any number of hyped up players who looked good and then turned into disasters. I don't think 3 million is enough personally but I believe Bergevin would give on the price more than the term.

You guys who are arguing AGAINST responsible ownership are really amazing.
If you can't differentiate talent, you shouldn't be a GM.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:15 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
No, I'm not denying the importance of team chemistry. Team chemistry happens on the ice. There's a business side to hockey, you don't seem capable of understanding this.
He's not being selfish and refusing to honor his contract like Radulov or Yashin, in that case you might have had a point. But in this situation, it's a simple contract negotiations. Don't take my word for it though, take Gionta's. He said you shouldn't be in the NHL if you don't understand that if you can't differentiate the business side of hockey with the game, then you shouldn't be in the NHL, and that nobody's gonna be pissed at PK. But what does he know I guess..

Are the players pissed? I'm sure they are. Why wouldn't they be? Their best Dman is sitting at home healthy. But they understand the business side of it, so they won't hold it against them. Why would they? They just went through a lockout so they can retain their fair value.

You really don't make any sense buddy.
Then we will disagree. Not the first time. Not the last time.

Closed Thread