HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The return of Colton Orr!

Old
01-20-2013, 01:57 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
John Scott.
hmmm. odds they scrap??

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:38 PM
masyo88*

My god, listen up ballerinas, we play in the toughest division in all of hockey. We need a guy who is going to intimidate the crap out of the other team. We are a pesty like team and we need someone to let our players play comfortably. Steckel is trash, hes been replaced by a better player who plays the role and is a lot more gritter in Mclement. We have the faceoff man and penalty killer covered with him, Steckel offers us nothing! Plus hes the slowest player on the team and plays like he is 5-6. For those of you crying why he didn't do after our goalie got ran a few times. Well it was a close game, and the 2 points is more important then revenge for now. I'm sure if we ran up the score a little Orr would have paid Price a visit. Don't forget we have three more games against them, I'm sure hell have his time.

masyo88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
hmmm. odds they scrap??
Very good odds. I'm actually afraid for Orr. Not only has he dropped weight, Scott is a complete ogre of a man (6'8", 270 lbs).

Then again, I vaguely remember Orr doing well against Mitch Fritz, and he didn't lose badly to Boogaard either, so I guess we'll see.

Epoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoch View Post
Very good odds. I'm actually afraid for Orr. Not only has he dropped weight, Scott is a complete ogre of a man (6'8", 270 lbs).
Saw somewhere that Orr said he wanted to become more of a checker rather than a fighter.

But yeah, Scott would own him.

Jozay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:23 PM
TheOtherSide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozay View Post
Saw somewhere that Orr said he wanted to become more of a checker rather than a fighter.

But yeah, Scott would own him.
Yeah, I think Orr would be smart to take a pass on fighting Big John Scott.

TheOtherSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:56 PM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeylaw View Post
But how does a plug like Orr retaliate against opposing players who "take advantage" of our skilled guys unless they: 1) are on the ice at the same time Orr is on the ice (unlikely when he is only playing 5 minutes a game); 2) are willing to fight when Orr drops the gloves?

No one ever explains this.
Easy....You send him out to rough up the opponents skill guys. An eye for an eye.....you attack our skilled guys we attack yours. Carlyle is not Wilson.....he is an old school coach....you screw with us....it will come right back at you.

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:10 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by masyo88 View Post
My god, listen up ballerinas, we play in the toughest division in all of hockey. We need a guy who is going to intimidate the crap out of the other team. We are a pesty like team and we need someone to let our players play comfortably. Steckel is trash, hes been replaced by a better player who plays the role and is a lot more gritter in Mclement. We have the faceoff man and penalty killer covered with him, Steckel offers us nothing! Plus hes the slowest player on the team and plays like he is 5-6. For those of you crying why he didn't do after our goalie got ran a few times. Well it was a close game, and the 2 points is more important then revenge for now. I'm sure if we ran up the score a little Orr would have paid Price a visit. Don't forget we have three more games against them, I'm sure hell have his time.
As an outsider, I hope the Leafs would be dressing Orr if my team were playing him because in this day and age he adds nothing. They would be better off adding a couple more Brown type players. Yeah Torontos division is tough but the only goon who cant play hockey in it besides Orr is John Scott. Scott is probably the toughest in the league and Orr is coming off bad concussion issues.

If the Leafs wanted someone like that they should've went after Parros, the Colton Orrs of the league are becoming completely useless and I'm a bigger fight fan then 90% of people on this board

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:16 PM
masyo88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
As an outsider, I hope the Leafs would be dressing Orr if my team were playing him because in this day and age he adds nothing. They would be better off adding a couple more Brown type players. Yeah Torontos division is tough but the only goon who cant play hockey in it besides Orr is John Scott. Scott is probably the toughest in the league and Orr is coming off bad concussion issues.

If the Leafs wanted someone like that they should've went after Parros, the Colton Orrs of the league are becoming completely useless and I'm a bigger fight fan then 90% of people on this board
Your post would be valid except one thing... Orr has completely changed his style of play and advanced his game. He has improved his skating and over all game. He looks like a decent fourth line player with a lot of nasty. Again Orr is not a goon in the sense he cant play and just fights. He is more of a complete player.

masyo88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 10:53 PM
skacore

Give me a break, Orr would be fine against Scott. Orr's a top 5 fighter in this league, easy. Scott probably is too, but he hasn't fought the competition to prove that yet. They are definitely in the same league...

skacore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Hockeylaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Easy....You send him out to rough up the opponents skill guys. An eye for an eye.....you attack our skilled guys we attack yours. Carlyle is not Wilson.....he is an old school coach....you screw with us....it will come right back at you.
But in the past, putting Orr on the ice against an opposing team's skilled players was a recipe for disaster. He was too slow to hit any skilled player, took a lot of unnecessary penalties, and was something of a defensive liability.

Also, skilled players generally have no interest in fighting, and are under no obligation to do so, so it's not like Orr can "attack" them with his fists (at least not without inviting a penalty or a lawsuit).

Orr has dropped a lot of weight, and looked a little lighter on his feet in Saturday's game, so maybe he has turned a corner. I'd be thrilled if he became a vicious hitter/checker who could also throw down with someone when necessary... but that is not what he has been for us in previous seasons.

Hockeylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:35 PM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeylaw View Post
But in the past, putting Orr on the ice against an opposing team's skilled players was a recipe for disaster. He was too slow to hit any skilled player, took a lot of unnecessary penalties, and was something of a defensive liability.

Also, skilled players generally have no interest in fighting, and are under no obligation to do so, so it's not like Orr can "attack" them with his fists (at least not without inviting a penalty or a lawsuit).

Orr has dropped a lot of weight, and looked a little lighter on his feet in Saturday's game, so maybe he has turned a corner. I'd be thrilled if he became a vicious hitter/checker who could also throw down with someone when necessary... but that is not what he has been for us in previous seasons.
Any questions?

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Hawaiinleaf

What happened to the Posters who said ORR would get killed and was washed up??

Hawaiinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Bob Loblawbrovsky
The Boston Racists

"/thread" - Colton Orr

Bob Loblawbrovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:40 PM
81snipe

vCash: 800
Colton Orr is still a boss.

81snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:41 PM
Phatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skacore View Post
Give me a break, Orr would be fine against Scott. Orr's a top 5 fighter in this league, easy. Scott probably is too, but he hasn't fought the competition to prove that yet. They are definitely in the same league...
someone got it right

Phatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:43 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
"/thread" - Colton Orr

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:00 PM
skacore

haha

skacore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Ricky Bobby

I love having Orr back.

He never fights to just tie guys up. He fight to knock people out and hits with bad intentions.

Having a fighter who loves his job is great!

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:08 PM
smitty10

Hell yeah!!! Awesome scrap!

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:09 PM
jimmycarter

sheriffs back in town.

jimmycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Carlyle loves tough hockey looks like Orr is here to stay all year

Old
01-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Hockeylaw

Brilliant fight by Orr tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Any questions?
I don't know. Is John Scott a skilled player?

Hockeylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Carlyle loves tough hockey looks like Orr is here to stay all year

Old
01-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
What happened to the Posters who said ORR would get killed and was washed up??
Hiding under their beds.

Orr's coming for them.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:21 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

vCash: 2090
Orr says hello to you all that doubted him.

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote