HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Game 2 Penguins vs. Rangers

Old
01-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
But hey.. ET needs about 10 more games of the same ice time. I don't want to see ******** where he's on the 4th line. Keep the lines the same. In fact, our bottom 6 is REALLY working well together.

Glass-Vitale-Adams = awesome. They actually worked well in the o-zone today.

Cooke-Sutter-TK.... come on. They are one of the best 3rd lines in the league.

Just keep the lines the same, Bylsma.
You never touch a winning formula.

ET works for now, possible for permanent fixture.
8 - D-man is gonna save some legs.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:33 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
I think people expect too much simply because of who he is playing with
I think people expext too much because they have no clue how Tangradi plays and have unrealistic expectations about how prospects develop.

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:34 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
He looked like a competent 3rd wheel that allowed Malkin and Neal play their game. He also forechecked well and got stronger toward the end of the game.
he definitely got better as the game went. Which is a good thing. For one thing, it means he was allowed to stay there all game. That alone should really help him get a lot more comfortable. Not to mention the actual practice he gets by playing with them.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Dacks

+ most of the team, but especially the D (as a whole), Malkin/Neal, and Vitale

= Crosby, still a little rusty
= Despres, some bad but that bank pass was stellar
= Vokoun, great play but I agree with those who said his rebound control was off

- Kunitz, hasn't looked great through two games

Dacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
Have I suggested otherwise? Now is the time to see with him, but that isn't to say that the organization shouldn't start to make an assessment later next month on whether he can cut it there come playoffs.
I'm sure they will.... you on the other hand seem to be doing it on a per period basis in game one and two .

I mean no offense here. I just think that we have to accept that this is what developing a power forward is like. Would be great if he gets a goal to hike his confidence, but as long as he is putting in the work, isn't a turnover machine and the team is winning.... give him as much time as possible. In the worst of cases it show cases him for the deadline where Shero is no doubt going to look for top-up options anyway.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Penguinzilla

one more...
++++ to the Rangers announcers. They are totally professional. Many years ago when I was a weeeeeeee lad they had Sam Rosen as their main announcer and John Davidson as their color guy, Davidson was brutally biased (like the Pens announcers), but Rosen was always clean.
I like beer.

Penguinzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Illinest

I thought Tangradi played a pretty solid game. He was in the corners, in front of the net. He's reacting to the play too much and he's not fast enough on his feet to play that way. I think that if you let him get comfortable in playing a role that he'll start to look a lot better.

-Vokoun really made a difference in moving the puck. His puck-handing is night-and-day better than MAFs.

-Glass skates really well and seems like a great fit for our team.

-Despres also skates really well and you can see the physical skills oozing out all over the ice but he was terrible again. I'm ready to take a look at Bortuzzo.

-Crosby seems weird. I hope he gets his crap together soon.

-Malkin is on a whole 'nother level of awesome afaic. He looks so responsible defensively and not forcing plays when he doesn't have to. I am loving Malkin.

-Adams gets too much crap from you guys. He was good again.

-Orpik, Martin, Niskanen, Letang. These guys are really playing well so far. I've seen a few iffy moments but not like last year. Niskanen has been very solid. Martin looks like he's worth 5 million dollars again. Orpik looks like he used to. Was it really injuries last year? Crazy to think that a little time off might have been all he needed.

-Dupuis and Kennedy are looking good. Neal of course. Vitale looked very nice. Cooke as usual. Sutter seems like a pretty good guy to have as a third line center. I still miss Staal but I'm glad we've at least got a competent player in his old spot.

Illinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
I think people expext too much because they have no clue how Tangradi plays and have unrealistic expectations about how prospects develop.
well when was the last time we developed a top 6 forward? Malone? We are too used to seeing guys like Sid, Geno and Staal just jump right in.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinest View Post

-Adams gets too much crap from you guys. He was good again.
I already accepted my crow for this earlier in the thread. I hope he keeps it up.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:36 PM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 1441
Quote:
It's posts like this that make me
Are you serious? He's played a total of 42 games in the pros and has racked up a grand total of 5 points. Granted, he was on the bottom 6 until this year, but guys like Jeffrey and (previously) Letestu have put up better numbers in the pros. He played nine minutes tonight, primarily with Malkin and Neal, and he made zero plays that made him look like a top 6 player. His forechecking was fine, but he whiffed on a pass from Malkin and really did not give the Pens any opportunities. You have to come to a point where you realize that Eric is not a viable top 6 option, and I don't want to mess up the bottom 6 in any way.

The way that Eric can improve is by using his body even more, screen the goalie in the offensive zone while Malkin-Neal-Letang play pinball, and get your stick up for a redirect. If Tangradi did that 5 times a game he would score 10-15 goals this year.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:37 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I already accepted my crow for this earlier in the thread. I hope he keeps it up.
Speaking so Adams WTF was that call all about late in the 3rd?

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:38 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
he definitely got better as the game went. Which is a good thing. For one thing, it means he was allowed to stay there all game. That alone should really help him get a lot more comfortable. Not to mention the actual practice he gets by playing with them.
Some of the things that I noticed him do that I liked is that he tied up his man along the board allowing Malkin or Neal to take the puck unimpeded, and he took defenders to the net with him opening up lanes for Neal or Malkin to pass or shoot. He also used his body on the forecheck well and didn't make any dumb mistakes with the puck.

Basically he kept it simple which is whathe needs to do right now.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Pancakes

I disagree with saying you can't force Tangradi to be what he's not. Some players have to change their game in order to be effective NHL players. Just because Tangradi was a scorer at the junior and AHL level doesn't mean he has the ability to be one at the NHL level. He might well find that he has to be a grinder to be an effective NHL forward. He'd be far from the first NHL player to realize that.

Unfortunately that might mean he's not top six material but more of a bottom six guy, but we'll have to see how he progresses.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:40 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Some of the things that I noticed him do that I liked is that he tied up his man along the board allowing Malkin or Neal to take the puck unimpeded, and he took defenders to the net with him opening up lanes for Neal or Malkin to pass or shoot. He also used his body on the forecheck well and didn't make any dumb mistakes with the puck.

Basically he kept it simple which is whathe needs to do right now.
Exactly.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vega

+ Neal. What a beast
+ Martin. Solid game.

- after watching the first two games its painfully obvious we need a top 6 winger

Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
Speaking so Adams WTF was that call all about late in the 3rd?
Offsetting penalties for unsportsmanlike conduct. He had a questionable hit earlier and then *****ing on both sides ensued.

Jacques G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:41 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Are you serious? He's played a total of 42 games in the pros and has racked up a grand total of 5 points. Granted, he was on the bottom 6 until this year, but guys like Jeffrey and (previously) Letestu have put up better numbers in the pros. He played nine minutes tonight, primarily with Malkin and Neal, and he made zero plays that made him look like a top 6 player. His forechecking was fine, but he whiffed on a pass from Malkin and really did not give the Pens any opportunities. You have to come to a point where you realize that Eric is not a viable top 6 option, and I don't want to mess up the bottom 6 in any way.

The way that Eric can improve is by using his body even more, screen the goalie in the offensive zone while Malkin-Neal-Letang play pinball, and get your stick up for a redirect. If Tangradi did that 5 times a game he would score 10-15 goals this year.
Yes I'm serious. Posts like that immediately make me discount any further observations you make about the game of hockwy.

Old
UnrealMachine

Quote:
Tangradi only got 2:19 of ice time in the 3rd period despite us carrying a comfortable lead throughout. Coach must not have been as impressed as you.

UnrealMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post

I have explained about 100 times in the last few months why I completely disagree with this. I'm not doing it again. He may or may not be able to become a top 6 player. He has done nothing to prove it one way or another. What he has done is improve from yesterday to today without looking out of place in either game. He looks like a guy who needs some time to figure out what he should be doing. That happens when you are a young guy playing with the best player in the world.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:42 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
Tangradi only got 2:19 of ice time in the 3rd period despite us carrying a comfortable lead throughout. Coach must not have been as impressed as you.
well nobody is going to argue that defense is his strength at this point.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:42 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
Protecting the lead. Something Bylsma already said he would be doing before the season even started.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Pancakes

Speaking of protecting the lead I did see Bylsma put Glass with Geno and Neal in the third this game. I think that's ridiculous overcoaching but whatever.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:44 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
Speaking of protecting the lead I did see Bylsma put Glass with Geno and Neal in the third this game. I think that's ridiculous overcoaching but whatever.
did he put them with him, or was he just still out there before the line was fully changed?

Old
01-20-2013, 09:45 PM
Pancakes

Quote:
did he put them with him, or was he just still out there before the line was fully changed?
I swear I saw him with that line for a shift or two, but it might be like you said. I wasn't paying close attention to the lines.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:46 PM
zhenyas most fly rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguinzilla View Post
+ Malkin. His 3rd assist to Neal was insane.
+ Martin looks like he figured out how to play hockey again!
+ Defense. Everyone played well.
+ Jagr. I don't care who he plays for, I'm still a big fan.
- Trangradi. I've been a big lets-give-him-every-chance-possible person, but he is just horrible. Get rid of him now. Trade him for a box of poop and/or a bag of Pizza Combos.
- Kunitz. Is it me, or does something not seem right? He's not doing much.
- Vockum (sp). It's early, but he looked out of position a lot, like Johnson.

Everyone else was good.
Nothing really wrong with Kunitz , he was also like that much of last year,
-goes through a stretch of games not doing much
-put some solid games in a row
-repeat
Only it was less evident because of the chemistry between Neal and Malkin and their production.

zhenyas most fly rep is offline   Reply With Quote